• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rough Exchange Values Between FP, diamonds, and goods?

Woody*

Whats wrong with the tree?

It may not apply to you Ognor, but for most playerrs...Decorations are Bad for You!

Replace your decorations with cultural buildings. Decorations use up a lot of "AID" from your guild, friends and neighbors and only give a minimal amount of culture per AID. Switching to cultural buildings gives a lot more culture per AID, and leaves more AID left over for coins and supplies. The downside is that they need to be connected to roads, but they're worth the trouble.

DeletedUser29218

It may not apply to you Ognor, but for most playerrs...Decorations are Bad for You!

Replace your decorations with cultural buildings. Decorations use up a lot of "AID" from your guild, friends and neighbors and only give a minimal amount of culture per AID. Switching to cultural buildings gives a lot more culture per AID, and leaves more AID left over for coins and supplies. The downside is that they need to be connected to roads, but they're worth the trouble.

I think Ognor's case is similar to mine. I have a city that requires very little amounts of motivation (like 50 or so) so I sometimes put trees so my friends/guildies/neighbours get additional BPs.

2 FP = 10 goods of your current age

I wish that would apply to me
upload_2018-3-15_14-21-36.png

DeletedUser26579

Okay, I didn't say to evaluate my city.

I just built that tree to satisfy a quest to build a decoration (no age requirements), so I built the cheapest one. Then I got interrupted and wasn't able to delete it right away. So, no, I haven't had that tree this whole time. That's the problem with taking a random snapshot of a city.

I started this thread because I'm about to do a purge and reorg of my city and want to make sure I am taking everything into account when deciding which event buildings to place and which not to place. So, this snapshop is *before* my reorg -- the city isn't optimized. That's kinda the point.

And, yes, I was short on population recently, so I had to stick in something to get some more people.

Also, this is my first city. You seem to expect everyone to know about the game from day 1. I prefer to learn it myself, so I don't go on the forums much. Not to mention that every time I do, I get a lot of noise for signal and have gotten bad advice here in the past.

Finally, a lot of things people do involve having higher age friends, which I lack. My guild didn't have any arcs until recently, and we've all been getting them and leveling them. It takes time, and it takes knowing people get an arc in the first place.

Volodya

For those of us who care about the way our city looks and aren't just chasing uber-efficiency, decorations are a must.

Woody*

Let's just make sure we are helping each other and not just poking fun or throwing insults...

I don't know if that quote was directed at me or not, but regardless I didn't intend my post in that way. I was just passing on advice - which doesn't apply to players who get plenty of excess Aid, or who care more about appearance than efficiency.

Falconwing

FP's and Goods are where it's at. If they don't make one of those, or are part of a set that does, they better be Special indeed. Out of all my special buildings, I only have a Checkmate square (combat bonus), Rogue Hideout (need one for Traz), and a few Ritual Flames/Watchfires (def bonus and fill in dead space) that don't make FP's/Goods.

DeletedUser31592

Okay, I didn't say to evaluate my city.

I just built that tree to satisfy a quest to build a decoration (no age requirements), so I built the cheapest one. Then I got interrupted and wasn't able to delete it right away. So, no, I haven't had that tree this whole time. That's the problem with taking a random snapshot of a city.

I started this thread because I'm about to do a purge and reorg of my city and want to make sure I am taking everything into account when deciding which event buildings to place and which not to place. So, this snapshop is *before* my reorg -- the city isn't optimized. That's kinda the point.

And, yes, I was short on population recently, so I had to stick in something to get some more people.

Also, this is my first city. You seem to expect everyone to know about the game from day 1. I prefer to learn it myself, so I don't go on the forums much. Not to mention that every time I do, I get a lot of noise for signal and have gotten bad advice here in the past.

Finally, a lot of things people do involve having higher age friends, which I lack. My guild didn't have any arcs until recently, and we've all been getting them and leveling them. It takes time, and it takes knowing people get an arc in the first place.

The reason your city came into play is because your questions (this thread and the other) and information given are far too vague to give the answers you are looking for. Both of your threads became pretty messy. We are here to help- but you have to give us the WHOLE story. Specifics help you get a better answer.

The #1 thing in this game is to learn how to best utilize space. What works for one person doesn't work for another, and that is OK. But there are some general things that everyone agrees on. You've mentioned you value goods over FPs- your city shows that. 99.9999% of people will value FPs over anything else. They can solve any problem. A Chateau is actually the best good-producing GB there is. Build one. You came wanting advice because you were out of room- use those FPs to level up your Habitat and Capitol so you can get rid of the houses. That will free up room. As I said, FPs solve ALL problems. (Oh, and you have a TON of happiness- delete all the decorations. Seriously. If you have to build them for a quest, delete them immediately after. I don't even let things complete- I delete them while they are still in sticks.)

DeletedUser26579

The reason your city came into play is because your questions (this thread and the other) and information given are far too vague to give the answers you are looking for. Both of your threads became pretty messy. We are here to help- but you have to give us the WHOLE story. Specifics help you get a better answer.

The #1 thing in this game is to learn how to best utilize space. What works for one person doesn't work for another, and that is OK. But there are some general things that everyone agrees on. You've mentioned you value goods over FPs- your city shows that. 99.9999% of people will value FPs over anything else. They can solve any problem. A Chateau is actually the best good-producing GB there is. Build one. You came wanting advice because you were out of room- use those FPs to level up your Habitat and Capitol so you can get rid of the houses. That will free up room. As I said, FPs solve ALL problems. (Oh, and you have a TON of happiness- delete all the decorations. Seriously. If you have to build them for a quest, delete them immediately after. I don't even let things complete- I delete them while they are still in sticks.)

In all seriousness, I did not ask for advice on how to free up space in my city. I know you believe I did, but I really, truly did not. Instead I asked a question that would give me another perspective on how to plan a reorg.

For me, advice is useless unless accompanied by reasons why. Blindly following advice will accomplish nothing.

For example, if I delete residences, then my city does not improve at all. I've lost population (that for the sake of argument I didn't need) and gold production but gained nothing but empty space. I have to fill that empty space for this to be useful. For that, I need to know what to fill it with.

That is what I am doing. I am coming up with a plan of what to fill the empty space with. In the meantime, I have small spaces that I need to fill with something, and that something can remain until I have something else to put there.

So, telling me to delete residences doesn't really help me.

DeletedUser31592

In all seriousness, I did not ask for advice on how to free up space in my city. I know you believe I did, but I really, truly did not. Instead I asked a question that would give me another perspective on how to plan a reorg.

For me, advice is useless unless accompanied by reasons why. Blindly following advice will accomplish nothing.

For example, if I delete residences, then my city does not improve at all. I've lost population (that for the sake of argument I didn't need) and gold production but gained nothing but empty space. I have to fill that empty space for this to be useful. For that, I need to know what to fill it with.

That is what I am doing. I am coming up with a plan of what to fill the empty space with. In the meantime, I have small spaces that I need to fill with something, and that something can remain until I have something else to put there.

So, telling me to delete residences doesn't really help me.
You asked what buildings should be kept and which should be gotten rid of. If that isn't asking how to free up space, then what was the purpose of the question?

As for your houses, a Tribal Square is a much better solution for the space. It gives some population and coins, like houses, but also gives goods. Whenever I have 'temporary' space (about to age up or plant a GB), I stick a Tribal Square in the spot in the meantime.

DeletedUser26579

You asked what buildings should be kept and which should be gotten rid of. If that isn't asking how to free up space, then what was the purpose of the question?

As for your houses, a Tribal Square is a much better solution for the space. It gives some population and coins, like houses, but also gives goods. Whenever I have 'temporary' space (about to age up or plant a GB), I stick a Tribal Square in the spot in the meantime.

Give a person a fish, and they'll eat for a day, but teach a person to fish, and they'll eat for the rest of their life?

I wanted exchange rates to determine building priorities when planning (as well as figuring out if 10 diamonds are worth saving a few hundred goods). That way I can adapt general principles to my own needs.

Thank you for the tribal square suggestion. That was reasonable advice. It's a tradeoff -- is it worth only having 1/5 of the population (compared to premium housing I win in GE) to get 5 goods/day? Once I level up my population GBs, then yes, that is a reasonable tradeoff to make. So, that is a good suggestion.

Mostly, I built them for a quest, and they fit the space, and I needed pop at the time. And when I do a reorg, I plan the largest/important buildings, then the set buildings, then fill in the gaps with whatever I have left on hand (generally, things I had already built).

plinker2

I don't know if that quote was directed at me or not, but regardless I didn't intend my post in that way. I was just passing on advice - which doesn't apply to players who get plenty of excess Aid, or who care more about appearance than efficiency.
It wasn't directed just at you. Everyone can help without being rude. Sorry if you took it that way.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26579

A Chateau is actually the best good-producing GB there is. Build one.

This is the type of advice that can really hurt someone if they follow it blindly without understanding why it works.

A chateau produces goods by multiplying quest rewards. However, you have to be focused on heavy questing for that to work. But if you don't *tell* someone that, then they'll build it and wonder why it isn't working. So, I do think some advice really needs an explanation to go with it, or else it might not do any good.

As for heavy questing, I tried that in earlier eras, but I stopped in part because it was tedious and in part because it became less effective for me in later eras, since the quests became harder to complete (or so it seemed for me), with a diminishing return on rewards to effort as you age up.

DeletedUser31592

This is the type of advice that can really hurt someone if they follow it blindly without understanding why it works.

A chateau produces goods by multiplying quest rewards. However, you have to be focused on heavy questing for that to work. But if you don't *tell* someone that, then they'll build it and wonder why it isn't working. So, I do think some advice really needs an explanation to go with it, or else it might not do any good.

As for heavy questing, I tried that in earlier eras, but I stopped in part because it was tedious and in part because it became less effective for me in later eras, since the quests became harder to complete (or so it seemed for me), with a diminishing return on rewards to effort as you age up.

Referencing specifically the part I highlighted- no, it works without heavy questing.

My main city is PME and has 3 supply buildings. No heavy questing. I have my RQs set to coins and FPs at all times. Never do I put them on anything else. I fill them 20-30 times per day. Plus the UBQs- so at minimum 40-60 quests per day. I will repeat UBQs until my coins/supplies get back to my personal minimum (25M of each). I get hundreds of goods from my Chateau per day- without following the HQS. Just doing my normal business. My CF is at level 18, so I get 15 goods as a reward. 15 free refined goods multiple times per day. Very few GBs have the ability to give you current era goods (once you are into refined goods that is).

I'm going age the city up- probably before Spring Event. Since I have been planning this for a couple of weeks, I stopped repeating the UBQ. I have about 70 million coins and 60ish million supplies. Once I age up, I will repeat the UBQ until I get them back down to 25M. I will instantly build up hundreds of CE goods. Immediately. Without having to build any goods buildings or unlock additional technology. No other building gives you that power. There is a reason there are more CFs at the top of the GB rankings than Arcs.

DeletedUser26579

Referencing specifically the part I highlighted- no, it works without heavy questing.

My main city is PME and has 3 supply buildings. No heavy questing. I have my RQs set to coins and FPs at all times. Never do I put them on anything else. I fill them 20-30 times per day. Plus the UBQs- so at minimum 40-60 quests per day. I will repeat UBQs until my coins/supplies get back to my personal minimum (25M of each). I get hundreds of goods from my Chateau per day- without following the HQS. Just doing my normal business. My CF is at level 18, so I get 15 goods as a reward. 15 free refined goods multiple times per day. Very few GBs have the ability to give you current era goods (once you are into refined goods that is).

I'm going age the city up- probably before Spring Event. Since I have been planning this for a couple of weeks, I stopped repeating the UBQ. I have about 70 million coins and 60ish million supplies. Once I age up, I will repeat the UBQ until I get them back down to 25M. I will instantly build up hundreds of CE goods. Immediately. Without having to build any goods buildings or unlock additional technology. No other building gives you that power. There is a reason there are more CFs at the top of the GB rankings than Arcs.

Thank you for the explanation, but there are still a few gaps.

How do you accomplish 40-60 quests per day? (And I don't know if there is a terminology issue here, but that's very precisely what I mean by "heavy questing".) Even when I was trying, I was getting less than one tenth of that (4-6 quests/day), and that was exhausting.

This whole strategy scales with the number of quests you do per day, and I would need an explanation of how to do that many. (And I've read a guide by Cosmic Raven, and that wasn't enough.)

DeletedUser30900

Even when I was trying, I was getting less than one tenth of that (4-6 quests/day), and that was exhausting.
(And I've read a guide by Cosmic Raven, and that wasn't enough.)
This is where I quit trying. Not worth the effort teaching at all :0

DeletedUser26579

This is where I quit trying. Not worth the effort teaching at all :0

Quit trying? JCera has tried, and I give them credit for that, so they could legitimately say that if they wanted to. But you'd have to start trying first in order to say that legitimately.

Clearly I missed something. Likely, it's whatever quest can be done quickly and easily at higher ages. Maybe the guide was expanded/revised since it was first posted, but I didn't see that in version I read, which was the first version.

DeletedUser31592

20-30 come from coins and FPs.
I just did a collection. I filled the coin bar three time and the FP bar twice. So 5. Plus 5 UBQs. 10 total. And it is not even 10 am. As I collect and spend FPs through the day, I will get up to that 20 range. And the rest come from the UBQ.
I easily spend 500 or more FPs per day. That is 6-7 of the FP quests, at minimum. Then I fill the coin quests multiple times per day. At least 8-10 times just during collections- then winning coins from the FP or UBQ quests, GE, etc... fills it a few more times. So I end up with 20ish regular quests (more if I spend more FPs) plus the same number of UBQs, so 40ish total, at minimum.