• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rough Exchange Values Between FP, diamonds, and goods?

DeletedUser31592

Quit trying? JCera has tried, and I give them credit for that, so they could legitimately say that if they wanted to. But you'd have to start trying first in order to say that legitimately.

Clearly I missed something. Likely, it's whatever quest can be done quickly and easily at higher ages. Maybe the guide was expanded/revised since it was first posted, but I didn't see that in version I read, which was the first version.

I do not follow Cosmic Ravens cultish philosophies. I simply use recurring quests to my advantage. As I said, I only fill the coin, FP, and UBQ quests. That is it. I'm not running a city based on his ideals- I had been playing for years before that guide was posted. I do what works for me. I have goods buildings- one of each boosted good from my age and the previous one. I have special buildings that give out some extra goods. Most of my goods come from the Chateau though. Even if I am able to run 8/8/8 in my goods buildings (which is rare), that is 60 of each (usually 50 of each). I get 15 from my Chateau when my reward is goods. And those 15 do not require unrefined goods to create.

Cosmic Raven's strategies work best in the early ages. And even then I disagree with a lot of what he says. The hatter (ME) is the last time you can really even attempt. And by Modern Era, it is still a waste to me.

DeletedUser26579

20-30 come from coins and FPs.
I just did a collection. I filled the coin bar three time and the FP bar twice. So 5. Plus 5 UBQs. 10 total. And it is not even 10 am. As I collect and spend FPs through the day, I will get up to that 20 range. And the rest come from the UBQ.
I easily spend 500 or more FPs per day. That is 6-7 of the FP quests, at minimum. Then I fill the coin quests multiple times per day. At least 8-10 times just during collections- then winning coins from the FP or UBQ quests, GE, etc... fills it a few more times. So I end up with 20ish regular quests (more if I spend more FPs) plus the same number of UBQs, so 40ish total, at minimum.

Okay. Thank you for the breakdown. I was getting half a dozen from FP and coin bar, not counting UBQs. But I produce coins once/day and spend around 60 FP/day. I also hit the limit of where do I put my FPs, since there are only so many swap opportunities, unless I make private deals.

Ironically, by doing UBQs rather than just buying FPs with gold, you are implicitly putting an exchange rate between FPs and goods, unless you are now getting more FPs/million coins than just buying them outright, in which case the goods are a bonus. (Though in practice, I have many more coins than supplies, so supplies limit my UBQs.)

DeletedUser26579

I do not follow Cosmic Ravens cultish philosophies. I simply use recurring quests to my advantage. As I said, I only fill the coin, FP, and UBQ quests. That is it. I'm not running a city based on his ideals- I had been playing for years before that guide was posted. I do what works for me. I have goods buildings- one of each boosted good from my age and the previous one. I have special buildings that give out some extra goods. Most of my goods come from the Chateau though. Even if I am able to run 8/8/8 in my goods buildings (which is rare), that is 60 of each (usually 50 of each). I get 15 from my Chateau when my reward is goods. And those 15 do not require unrefined goods to create.

Cosmic Raven's strategies work best in the early ages. And even then I disagree with a lot of what he says. The hatter (ME) is the last time you can really even attempt. And by Modern Era, it is still a waste to me.

Yes, that was more or less my experience with the Cosmic Raven guide -- especially how it is less effective at later ages.

Anyway, thank you for your patience.

DeletedUser30900

Less effective in higher ages, it means age after ca which is not where you belong and if you see the difficulties already, you gonna have trouble in later ages regardless :p I recommend CR’s guide to every newbies since it’s easy to do and work decently. However, if you can’t really use it the right way, it’s better to do however you want so we don’t have a new poster whining how inefficient CR’s guide is :)

DeletedUser31592

Okay. Thank you for the breakdown. I was getting half a dozen from FP and coin bar, not counting UBQs. But I produce coins once/day and spend around 60 FP/day. I also hit the limit of where do I put my FPs, since there are only so many swap opportunities, unless I make private deals.

Ironically, by doing UBQs rather than just buying FPs with gold, you are implicitly putting an exchange rate between FPs and goods, unless you are now getting more FPs/million coins than just buying them outright, in which case the goods are a bonus. (Though in practice, I have many more coins than supplies, so supplies limit my UBQs.)

I NEVER buy FPs with coins. Unless I have to for a quest. Once you get to OF, there is a recurring quest to buy FPs with gold. I'm not driving the rate up when I don't need to. My city produces about 150 FPs per day, plus the 24 hourly and from taverns. So 180ish on average. The rest of my FPs come from packs from quests, or mainly, from rewards on GBs.

DeletedUser26579

I NEVER buy FPs with coins. Unless I have to for a quest. Once you get to OF, there is a recurring quest to buy FPs with gold. I'm not driving the rate up when I don't need to. My city produces about 150 FPs per day, plus the 24 hourly and from taverns. So 180ish on average. The rest of my FPs come from packs from quests, or mainly, from rewards on GBs.

There's a recurring quest at OF for that? I didn't know that (though I haven't really checked in since OF was released). That's good to know.

I have a bunch of packs accumulated, though I'm trying to level my arc to 10 before spending too many. Besides, I'm mostly limited by how many swaps I can get in on. I couldn't find enough swaps to spend 500 FP in a day. However, our guild just put in our first 100 FP swap thread, which is exciting. (Like I said, we just got our first arc in the guild not long ago, so we've all been getting and leveling arcs only recently.) I'm still wondering if people have private swaps arranged in order to keep 1st place on buildings, so if I'm not in on that, I'm getting worse rewards for me FPs.

DeletedUser29218

I also have done that, but I can't help wondering if it was the right choice (I think it isn't). You seem to take the tech advancement very quietly, when do you think you'll advance to OF? 2 months? 6? 1 year? 2? 4?

If that time period is veeery long, the snowball effect from having the FPs now might be greater than what the RQ awards.

DeletedUser26579

I also have done that, but I can't help wondering if it was the right choice (I think it isn't). You seem to take the tech advancement very quietly, when do you think you'll advance to OF? 2 months? 6? 1 year? 2? 4?

If that time period is veeery long, the snowball effect from having the FPs now might be greater than what the RQ awards.

There is a middle ground of using them sparingly but not going hog-wild.

DeletedUser27184

I have been in ME for about 8 months, running HQS with hatters with very good results. Now that my city is fat with TF's (and a bit of GvG stuff) I tuned down the HQS part, but at the best of times I had around 40 hatters and the HQS was extremely helpful.

DeletedUser31592

Maybe if I needed FPs, I would have a different strategy. But I don't. I don't put myself in a position where I need to buy them. I keep a reserve on hand in case I need them.

DeletedUser31498

Not sure I get the irony. If the gold cost never changed, I would agree one is making a choice between FPs and goods, though I still don't get the irony. But since the cost of an FP escalates every purchase, I can't think of a good way to compare the two. I only buy them for event quests, also saving up for when I may need them in an emergency or something.

Snarko

Sniping? For me investing in other people's GBs is my largest source of FP. You mentioned your guild is starting to get Arcs. If you have one you may well be able to do spend FP quests while investing to get rewards in other people's GBs. Even if you break even in FP it can be a profit. Medals, blueprints and rewards from spend FP quests.

If you end up getting more and more FP (because you can't swap more) then self fund a GB level or two. Do the spend FP quest while you're investing the FP.

DeletedUser31440

unless you are now getting more FPs/million coins than just buying them outright, in which case the goods are a bonus. (Though in practice, I have many more coins than supplies, so supplies limit my UBQs.)

Not sure about what other players are at for this, but for me it is quite a bit more inexpensive to run UBQ's for fp's than buy them outright. For my HMA cities my cost per fp is about 50,000 give or take, so that'd be around 250,000 for 5 fp's. For 250,000 coins and supplies I can run around 38 UBQ's (that's including bonus UBQ's from supplies and coins gained through UBQ's) which puts me at an average of 2.7 fp packs each time I run it, plus the goods and medals. I would assume this to be true for most players, but maybe I just buy more fp's with coins than most so it tilts the balance in favor of UBQ's.