• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

IA UnPlunderable Diamond Farm Thoughts/Ideas

• Thread starter DeletedUser31440
  • Start date

Woody*

Screenshot_12.jpg I recommend skipping the capitol and getting all your population from your ToB. No reason to waste the space on Cap when you already have a population GB. I run 85% military boost on my W diamond farm and can auto 56/64 every week, but not quite 64/64 any week.

Last edited:

Woody*

Regarding goods...I don't use goods buildings because I get all that I need from LoA, ToB, GE and my wells. I do like to buy goods, though. I buy the highest age I can get and trade them down so I can build up a supply to negotiate sectors on the Campaign Map. I'm working on LMA sectors now so I can get more expansions (I have 5 wells in my inventory that I don't have space for).

DeletedUser31440

View attachment 9684 I recommend skipping the capitol and getting all your population from your ToB. No reason to waste the space on Cap when you already have a population GB. I run 85% military boost on my W diamond farm and can auto 56/64 every week, but not quite 64/64 any week.

ToB doesn't cover enough population for goods buildings, and want to keep goods buildings until I figure out a balance on rogues without Traz.

Woody*

Does anybody have experience with auto-battling through GE 4 in IA? If so, what level att/def did you have before you were succesful in pushing through GE 4? Did you go Traz route for rogues or were you able to get by without? Also any critiques, advice or questions are welcome.

I was able to auto attack through GE3 and into GE4 with a level 10 zeus, level 10 CoA and my Traz. I did not need my Traz to be level 10 to keep pace with the rogue loss, but I can remember the exact break-even point. (Clearly, it was cheaper and faster than reaching the same point with an AO, though :) ).

I use Legionnaires and Mounted Warriors. Legionnaires are full auto, and if there is a heavy archer/ballista army, I start the fight with 1 MW, hold it in place and then auto. I have used Color Guards, too but it's just too easy to use Legionnaires, IMO.

Woody*

FYI, that is my favorite city to play other than my main. GE is so easy and fast, and it's a great source of diamonds.

DeletedUser31440

Gotcha...long term I think you can ditch those buildings, though.

I agree, but I enjoy clearing the guild trade market too much, so I keep pretty high stocks. It takes awhile to build them up. I'd like to get a good military focused setup for future diamond farms that don't do much with goods. I think with the amount of rogues from DC's, GE & ToR it's much easier to get one setup and running without any GB's above EMA.

DeletedUser32973

View attachment 9684 I recommend skipping the capitol and getting all your population from your ToB. No reason to waste the space on Cap when you already have a population GB. I run 85% military boost on my W diamond farm and can auto 56/64 every week, but not quite 64/64 any week.

Any reason you need a pop GB at all? I see some blacksmiths, but I'm not sure what their purpose is besides daily quests (why would you be doing DC though :p).

What you have here is my ideal diamond farm minus the watchfires and smiths.

Woody*

The smiths are for daily and event quests. I only do the daily when a WW is a prize and it's easy to get. The SoA will also be replaced as soon as I can get another SoK, or as soon as I can figure out a more efficient layout

DeletedUser29218

With no Traz on Y I find myself going deeper into battles to save rogues, slower than I'd like it to go though.
For me this completely defeats the point of a diamond city.

I don't even know why so many people has diamond cities though. I have one more because I'm curious to see how the autobattle works at different lvls of bonuses than the diamonds themselves. After all, if you only care about diamonds it is way more efficient to work literally anywhere and purchase them. But I guess that's a completely different topic.

Do you think it can eventually be done alcatraz-less (having TOR) with a reasonable amount of bonus (non-powerleveled zeus cdm coa)?

Woody*

...if you only care about diamonds it is way more efficient to work literally anywhere and purchase them.
I agree 100%

Do you think it can eventually be done alcatraz-less (having TOR) with a reasonable amount of bonus (non-powerleveled zeus cdm coa)?
Yes you could eventually auto through GE4, and there are more than 1 ways to go about it. The simplest is to have more than 1 rogue hideout to cover the losses you will have. You could also use an AO and/or Kraken which have a smaller footprint than the Traz (but they have higher cost for the goods and leveling). And you could also increase your military boost with special buildings.

DeletedUser32973

After all, if you only care about diamonds it is way more efficient to work literally anywhere and purchase them.

At the point where it only takes you 1 hour a week to do GE on all your worlds this isn't necessarily true. There is also the satisfaction of not using real money to pay your way through a game. That's just my take on it. I immensely dislike the concept of "pay to win."

DeletedUser31498

So this is where I'm currently at on my Diamond Farm on Y -

View attachment 9681

Things are running well, able to fight through most of GE, usually stopping around half way through the third level to conserve rogues then switch over to negotiating the rest of GE. Right now Zeus is at 10 and CoA is at 5 so I'm running 47/45 on attack. I'll continue to level CoA up to 10 and I have everything needed for my version of a fully upgraded Cherry Garden (Gong, Emp's Ent, & Sakura at lvl 2), so hopefully I'll be at 72/60 in a few weeks. Right now I'm working on getting bp's for the Capitol, then I'll buy the goods, put her down, and get rid of those ugly houses. I think 72/60 should get me through half of GE4 with minimal rogue losses while auto-battling, if not I'll go back to my drawing board and find a way to get a CDM in. After the Capitol goes down this is what I should be looking like:

View attachment 9682

This set up keeps the same number of goods buildings (3 each boosted BA, 4 each boosted IA), BA buildings are all 3x3 so they can be replaced by FoY's/WW's once I get my stocks up to a level I'm happy with. The TF will be a placeholder until I get the bp's and goods for CF then direct swap of the two. Right now I've got everything pictured with the exception of 1 RH and 1 SSW, but with DC's and GE those shouldn't be hard to come by. Biggest issue I think I'll face is that I will not have happy citizens, but supplies and coins will come through GB's so not a huge deal, but does hamper events. Although since my goods buildings are all small I could delete those and plop down FotA's and GotSG's when needed.

Does anybody have experience with auto-battling through GE 4 in IA? If so, what level att/def did you have before you were succesful in pushing through GE 4? Did you go Traz route for rogues or were you able to get by without? Also any critiques, advice or questions are welcome.

Curious about the ToR. I have one on my diamond mine and am going to delete it I think. The VERY rare FoY is great obviously, but doesn't seem worth the space to me. I am one BP away from capitol also to free up tons of room, and don't think it's worth the goods/units it provides for the space. Curious other people's thoughts.

Though I do have a level 10 ToB, so maybe I just planned this really poorly...buying goods for FPs seems like a great use of space for the future. I just don't have enough good stuff to put down that I wasn't thinking far enough ahead. Cherry blossom event stunk for diamond mines!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31498

The smiths are for daily and event quests. I only do the daily when a WW is a prize and it's easy to get. The SoA will also be replaced as soon as I can get another SoK, or as soon as I can figure out a more efficient layout
I don't understand. earlier you said:

(I have 5 wells in my inventory that I don't have space for).

Why not get rid of the smiths and use your 5 wells?? at the pace you're winning from other methods there's no way you'll ever win more in DC than the benefit of simply using them now, right? But swap those smiths for WW and that is the perfect city i think?

DeletedUser31440

Curious about the ToR. I have one on my diamond mine and am going to delete it I think. The VERY rare FoY is great obviously, but doesn't seem worth the space to me. I am one BP away from capitol also to free up tons of room, and don't think it's worth the goods/units it provides for the space. Curious other people's thoughts.

Though I do have a level 10 ToB, so maybe I just planned this really poorly...buying goods for FPs seems like a great use of space for the future. I just don't have enough good stuff to put down that I wasn't thinking far enough ahead. Cherry blossom event stunk for diamond mines!

I was hesitant on ToR, but I'm glad I decided to put it down. It has definitely accelerated my progress on other GB's, the extra goods are always welcome, it's effective at low levels so I haven't put many fp's into it to get noticable rewards, and it makes GE more enjoyable. Once I get everything else up and running where I'd like it though it may get deleted, but probably not as I do like the relic hunt aspect of GE as well.

DeletedUser29218

ToR is very good imo. It gives goods, rogues, standard units and FPs in decent amounts. I would build it in every city, and definitely I wouldn't delete it (unless literally my entire city was filled with WW)

DeletedUser31498

Alright I'm keeping it! Agree about the fun aspect of it, to me that's the main sway, though efficiency-wise I don't see it making sense once one has their city self-sustaining, as Claire does.

DeletedUser27184

When autobattling, do you do it directly from the expedition menu, or you do a few commands in the battle then press auto?
With the usual troop+7 rouges you shouldn't start AA from the expedition menu. In most cases the AI will move your troop forward first, and if the enemy have long range they will target him first (as he runs before the rogues) and kill him, and the rest of the rogues after that. For AA I advise to get into the fight, move your troop to the left-high point, then AA.

DeletedUser31440

With the usual troop+7 rouges you shouldn't start AA from the expedition menu. In most cases the AI will move your troop forward first, and if the enemy have long range they will target him first (as he runs before the rogues) and kill him, and the rest of the rogues after that. For AA I advise to get into the fight, move your troop to the left-high point, then AA.

I dont agree with this, depending on the troops that you are facing and the single unit that you are using. If you're using a heavy and the enemy has artillery you can safely auto from expedition 99% of the time on a single wave army. Upside to doing that is that your single unit will act as a pincushion saving rogues, but they won't be killed until after at least 1 rogue has been converted. I don't do this all the time, but it isn't a suicide run the majority of the time, well it is a suicide run for your single troop but that's alright.