• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

IA UnPlunderable Diamond Farm Thoughts/Ideas

• Thread starter DeletedUser31440
  • Start date

Woody*

I don't understand. earlier you said: Why not get rid of the smiths and use your 5 wells?? at the pace you're winning from other methods there's no way you'll ever win more in DC than the benefit of simply using them now, right? But swap those smiths for WW and that is the perfect city i think?
If you can design a better layout that allows me to fit all the wells, I'd love it...I've tried a bit and always end up with a row for a few 2x2s.

Also, I have the smiths more for event quests than I do DCs. Although that may change with the patch today that eliminated the -1 penalty if you don't complete a DC.

Last edited:

Woody*

With the usual troop+7 rouges you shouldn't start AA from the expedition menu. In most cases the AI will move your troop forward first, and if the enemy have long range they will target him first (as he runs before the rogues) and kill him, and the rest of the rogues after that. For AA I advise to get into the fight, move your troop to the left-high point, then AA.
We are primarily talking about Iron Age here, and at least 75% of the fights I can full auto with 1 Legionnaire and 7 rogues form the expedition menu. This includes 2 wave encounters. I only have to change it up when there are more than 4-6 archer/ballista combined (the later the GE level, the lower my ability to full auto, hence the range 4-6). Once I can't full auto anymore against those setups, it's 1MW and 7 rouges and I hold the MW in position for 1 turn then auto. If there is a combination of 7 or 8 archers and ballistas, I always use 1MW and 7 rogues, regardless of GE level.

DeletedUser32973

If you can design a better layout that allows me to fit all the wells, I'd love it...I've tried a bit and always end up with a row for a few 2x2s.

Also, I have the smiths more for event quests than I do DCs. Although that may change with the patch today that eliminated the -1 penalty if you don't complete a DC.

Challenge accepted! Ignore the extra jut out. I didn't spend a whole lot of time on this, however I did fit in an extra 6 wishing wells + some additional holes and 2x2's. It was somewhat challenging with that irregular plot of land at the end of your property. Obviously this is FAR from perfect. Just an example of getting your extra WW to fit. I deleted your lighthouse, and I see no reason for the ToB, but I forgot to delete that too.

Edit: Different setup, still not great, but in this one I deleted both the ToB and LoH. It has an additional 10 WW. I feel like you'll get your remaining WW...err Fountains of Youth...from GE not DC. In the DC they're just too rare tbh.

Attachments

• ClaireDiamond.JPG
    ClaireDiamond.JPG
    216.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:

Woody*

Challenge accepted! Ignore the extra jut out. I didn't spend a whole lot of time on this, however I did fit in an extra 6 wishing wells + some additional holes and 2x2's. It was somewhat challenging with that irregular plot of land at the end of your property. Obviously this is FAR from perfect. Just an example of getting your extra WW to fit. I deleted your lighthouse, and I see no reason for the ToB, but I forgot to delete that too.

Edit: Different setup, still not great, but in this one I deleted both the ToB and LoH. It has an additional 10 WW. I feel like you'll get your remaining WW...err Fountains of Youth...from GE not DC. In the DC they're just too rare tbh.

First, amazing! I really appreciate you doing this. I like redesigning cities, but your fresh look is fantastic. Definitely better in fitting wells in. Second, I use the LoA and ToB as FP sinks since I have a lot of prints. But I might be able to use the rest of my GBs for that. Third, I definitely get more FoYs from GE than I get wells from DC, but I get plenty of wells from the seasonal events.

I've got a tough decision on whether to get rid of those GBs. I'm leaning towards keeping them just in case I eventually move up in the ages and want them, but I'll get the goods I need without them. I just struggle getting rid of GBs, especially ones at level 11 and 15.

DeletedUser32973

First, amazing! I really appreciate you doing this. I like redesigning cities, but your fresh look is fantastic. Definitely better in fitting wells in. Second, I use the LoA and ToB as FP sinks since I have a lot of prints. But I might be able to use the rest of my GBs for that. Third, I definitely get more FoYs from GE than I get wells from DC, but I get plenty of wells from the seasonal events.

I've got a tough decision on whether to get rid of those GBs. I'm leaning towards keeping them just in case I eventually move up in the ages and want them, but I'll get the goods I need without them. I just struggle getting rid of GBs, especially ones at level 11 and 15.

Here is one with ToB and LoA (34 WW). I had too much fun with this XD. Note the CdM is connected with a tiny patch of road. I like this one way more than my previous (it had some nasty flaws, like some crooked roads). I'd love to see additional designs.

Attachments

• Final.JPG
    Final.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:

Woody*

Outstanding GB placement in this. I couldn't quite figure out how do do the 1 patch of road with 3 GB, but here you have it. I think that will end up being a keeper.

I wouldn't have figured it out if I didn't see your first idea. I'm going to play with this a little more, but at the very least I will be able to place 6 extra wells after this experiment because of your help :)

DeletedUser32973

I wouldn't have figured it out if I didn't see your first idea. I'm going to play with this a little more, but at the very least I will be able to place 6 extra wells after this experiment because of your help :)

Let me know what ya come up with. So far I've fit 35 WW using your ToR/Alcatraz/CdM placement. I'm a bit stumped on eliminating some of the holes though. I think 36 is doable, maybe 37 (assuming keeping LoA/ToB).

DeletedUser30900

Let me dig it up again. This thread suggest to not open pvp therefore in some situations you have to give up dc since you can’t finsh “ win 10 battles”(IA specific). It means you slow down your progress on hitting a WW with 7%. Plus, since IA is mostly “rookie” base, not that many players will do plundering..... so, is it worth the sacrifice?

DeletedUser26965

Let me dig it up again. This thread suggest to not open pvp therefore in some situations you have to give up dc since you can’t finsh “ win 10 battles”(IA specific). It means you slow down your progress on hitting a WW with 7%. Plus, since IA is mostly “rookie” base, not that many players will do plundering..... so, is it worth the sacrifice?
yes, I just ran into that issue myself My First Attempt at Daily Challenge so I'm thinking I will be unlocking PvP, plus I want ballistas.

DeletedUser31440

I've been using GvG for win battles and defeat units when GE isn't available to complete those DC tasks.

DeletedUser26965

I can easily sustain GE 4 each week without any difficulty
I wasn't sure trades could sustain it consistently.

I'm wondering myself about this. I've hemmed and hawed over the months about doing it myself on an alt city but to be constantly trading, constantly picking up tavern, etc. it's just too much so really it seems to me fighting is the way to go especially given if you stay in IA but that seems it would take forever to do as well to get the GB's up high enough to fight through efficiently.

DeletedUser31440

I'm wondering myself about this. I've hemmed and hawed over the months about doing it myself on an alt city but to be constantly trading, constantly picking up tavern, etc. it's just too much so really it seems to me fighting is the way to go especially given if you stay in IA but that seems it would take forever to do as well to get the GB's up high enough to fight through efficiently.

If you find an active guild it shouldn't be an issue. Could be an issue on older world's, but I think with a little digging you could find a guild with a large number of lower aged players to trade with. Below is my inventory for Y, city has been around for 183 days now completed GE 4 19 times, and haven't had an issue with goods inventory. I'm switching the city over to fighting through GE, got Zeus at 10 now and CoA at 7. My issue with fighting through right now falls on a lack of rogues, I don't think I'd recommend this build for a mass use Diamond Farm though. Maybe in a couple months when I've finished Arc projects on other worlds I'll work on a minimal time diamond farm.

Edit: So I pick up all the guild trades I can about twice a week and post trades usually once a week sometimes twice to level out stocks, maybe 20 minutes each week to maintain.

IA Treasury.PNG

DeletedUser26965

If you find an active guild it shouldn't be an issue. Could be an issue on older world's, but I think with a little digging you could find a guild with a large number of lower aged players to trade with. Below is my inventory for Y, city has been around for 183 days now completed GE 4 19 times, and haven't had an issue with goods inventory. I'm switching the city over to fighting through GE, got Zeus at 10 now and CoA at 7. My issue with fighting through right now falls on a lack of rogues, I don't think I'd recommend this build for a mass use Diamond Farm though. Maybe in a couple months when I've finished Arc projects on other worlds I'll work on a minimal time diamond farm.

Edit: So I pick up all the guild trades I can about twice a week and post trades usually once a week sometimes twice to level out stocks, maybe 20 minutes each week to maintain.

View attachment 9844
Yeah, I know but it's just a real life time issue really, for me, 26 cities on US of which 25 are WW cities, now one is a WW/DC city, Beta and from time to time International so I can't really do much on alts, just collect WW's and get out.

DeletedUser31440

Yeah, I know but it's just a real life time issue really, for me, 26 cities on US of which 25 are WW cities, now one is a WW/DC city, Beta and from time to time International so I can't really do much on alts, just collect WW's and get out.

This makes me wonder if it'd be worthwhile to have a series of diamond farms. Start them out as GE farms building up FoY inventories, once you have say 25-30 of them (or however many will fit in the land space that you have), delete everything but FoY's and start using that world as a FoY diamond farm. Have another one in BA doing helmet RQ's and self leveling Zeus and getting ready to fight through GE and transition that one up to fighting through GE. You could do 2 and 2, fighting through GE and RQ'ing BA getting set up to fight through GE, until you get to your goal number of FoY diamond farm worlds. Maybe leave a few as GE fighting worlds to farm more diamonds if you have time.

DeletedUser30900

If you find an active guild it shouldn't be an issue. Could be an issue on older world's, but I think with a little digging you could find a guild with a large number of lower aged players to trade with. Below is my inventory for Y, city has been around for 183 days now completed GE 4 19 times, and haven't had an issue with goods inventory. I'm switching the city over to fighting through GE, got Zeus at 10 now and CoA at 7. My issue with fighting through right now falls on a lack of rogues, I don't think I'd recommend this build for a mass use Diamond Farm though.

View attachment 9844
With Zeus-CDM-Aachen combo, is there a chance you auto all the way to the end of lv3? Without using ton of rogues of course since it requires traz and it’s way more time consuming to get the bps and goods for traz

DeletedUser31440

With Zeus-CDM-Aachen combo, is there a chance you auto all the way to the end of lv3? Without using ton of rogues of course since it requires traz and it’s way more time consuming to get the bps and goods for traz

I think with Zeus & CoA you should be able to. I think it will require some barracks though. Most of GE in IA is single wave, use Archers on most waves, UA's on waves Archers don't match well with, rogues on 2 wave battles. I'm going to be trying it out at some point after CoA is at 10.