• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Ability to choose fighter or city builder

DeletedUser35612

I have heard so many complaints about the top players pillaging the lower ranked players. I have known many players leave FOE for this reason. When you have someone attacking you at 12 million and they are 100 million, you will lose every time. Collecting every day can be a problem because some of us have real life jobs. What I propose is the ability to choose fighter or city builder. If you choose fighter, you can pillage and be pillaged. If you choose city builder, you can not pillage or be pillaged. You can change your status once a week to coincide with the start of GE. This would please both types of players. I know it can be done, because you can shield your city now for a specified period. I propose to take away this option as it is now, to a once a week option with no silver charge.

DeletedUser26532

Beyond being in the wrong format (or rather not formated at all) absolutely not.

Away for a week? Oh I'm gonna farm. Back for a week? Plunder everyone else for a week then hide behind a shield for a month while you rebuild troops RIPE for abuse.

Additionally, you're put in your neighborhood based on where you are in the tech tree and number of FP spent. If you make the mistake of rushing through the tech tree without building up to fight in the era you're in, that's entirely your fault. Not a game issue.

wolfhoundtoo

bu
I have heard so many complaints about the top players pillaging the lower ranked players. I have known many players leave FOE for this reason. When you have someone attacking you at 12 million and they are 100 million, you will lose every time. Collecting every day can be a problem because some of us have real life jobs. What I propose is the ability to choose fighter or city builder. If you choose fighter, you can pillage and be pillaged. If you choose city builder, you can not pillage or be pillaged. You can change your status once a week to coincide with the start of GE. This would please both types of players. I know it can be done, because you can shield your city now for a specified period. I propose to take away this option as it is now, to a once a week option with no silver charge.

While points are somewhat indicative of relative strength, it's more reflective of the amount of resources spent, the battle points accumulated and time spent in game. It doesn't really reflect the number of watch fires someone may have or the troops they have available (although usually if you are highly ranked you've have plenty of both since you found you had a need for them).

As for having a 'free' plunder time period, why shouldn't it cost you something to get that benefit? This game is about strategy and city planning. Getting protection for free doesn't seem quite in line with the basic structure of the game. You pointed out that the city shield can be utilized to obtain what you want already so why should they implement a better version of that function for no cost? Proper use of your resources, time management and repeatable quests should allow you to collect what you need to grow with the current module. Most games that put restrictions on attacks based on ranks also allow one player to pretty much take everything the loser has (or close to it) if it doesn't allow you to out right destroy them. This game allows a successful attacker to plunder a single building in a 24 hour time period.

DeletedUser31592

As a builder, no. With events and daily challenges, you need a well rounded city. At two and a half years of game play, I had 44 battles. Ever. And then the daily challenge came along. I am just shy of 1000. I've been forced to begin learning another aspect of the game and I don't hate it as much as I expected. Your proposal would make daily challenges (and some event quests) difficult to impossible.

My own battle chart so you can see I really, truly, never fought unless I needed to to fulfill something. Now I have to fulfill battle quests multiple times per week. I can also autobattle level 1 of the GE, which has sped the process up compared to negotiating. (Not sure how/why my cursor came to rest at that spot, lol)
upload_2018-6-21_19-21-10.png

DeletedUser26965

Iolanta 694 the Avenger, you would need to have this in the proper format first link here: Proposal Guidelines [READ BEFORE POSTING] then there's a whole process for it to go through but if I describe it someone might say I'm trolling and rage quit.

Also what you're describing is probably on the Do Not Suggest List here: Do not suggest list [READ BEFORE POSTING] but then again I think just about everything is.

But even so what you're also describing is an often discussed and sometimes heatedly so, that's had various proposals over the years, and of course if I give my opinion on how I think it should be some might say I'm spamming and trolling and making things up so I better not voice my opinion on the matter.

Salsuero

I'm a no. You started playing a game that has a major battle component. There are many players who say plundering is virtually non-existent. Others would suggest you need to focus your play and work to become the top dog instead of his/her prey. There are still others who would call this an easy button. I have no doubt that you are frustrated. That should be fuel for you to knuckle down and show everyone you're no pushover, rather than give up and ask Inno to fix the non-problem for you. Good luck!

DeletedUser35475

As a builder, no. With events and daily challenges, you need a well rounded city. At two and a half years of game play, I had 44 battles. Ever. And then the daily challenge came along. I am just shy of 1000. I've been forced to begin learning another aspect of the game and I don't hate it as much as I expected. Your proposal would make daily challenges (and some event quests) difficult to impossible.

You actually chose to learn another aspect in order to complete the daily challenges. If what was suggested was implemented then perhaps the daily challenges would be modified to take it into account and you wouldn't have to win as many to complete the challenge.
I don't know if it is possible to do from a programming point of view but allowing you to choose to play in a peaceful world or a fighting one doesn't seem like a real odd suggestion.

wolfhoundtoo

You actually chose to learn another aspect in order to complete the daily challenges. If what was suggested was implemented then perhaps the daily challenges would be modified to take it into account and you wouldn't have to win as many to complete the challenge.
I don't know if it is possible to do from a programming point of view but allowing you to choose to play in a peaceful world or a fighting one doesn't seem like a real odd suggestion.

It's not an odd request. However the suggestion here isn't the creation of a peaceful world versus a world where plundering can occur but for the option to change it weekly. Not quite the same thing. Also from Inno's view point how does plundering (or not) impact the players who will spend money on the game? of course we can't know this but I tend to think that since Inno put the no alterations to plundering on the Do Not Suggest List that we could take that as a clue. ;)

DeletedUser35475

Maybe they could offer a weekly 'protection' payment plan for those who don't like being plundered? A diamond a day keeps the riff-raff away! :)

DeletedUser31592

The battle ones are far easier than ones like Complete 65 5-minute productions. I'll keep Defeat 30 units.

DeletedUser35475

No I mean something like a payoff for plunder protection, so many diamonds buys you so many days of no plunder. You can still get attacked.

DeletedUser35475

Ahh but more people spending diamonds to stop it may interest them. ;)

DeletedUser35475

It's up to them really.
I think if they think it could work and make them more profit they might look into it. If not then it is not like their programmers are typing messages in a forum dreaming up a solution to a problem they don't think exists, they are probably at happy hour now!:D

DeletedUser26965

Moot point, since it limits plundering which Inno has no intention of addressing.
Sure they address it; Nov 2016 City Shield, Jan 2017 hood change, Feb 2017 Motivation Kits, Oct 2017 PvP/Tech lock, all these things have limited plundering, that DNSL is just something to limit what they know many want anyway so no need to keep sending them the same proposal over and over again, it's not like they still don't want to hear what players have to say about their game. This is also why that DNSL is in one sense pretty stupid as just because a suggestion may fall under it doesn't mean it doesn't have value and wouldn't be something they wouldn't like to hear about.

DeletedUser8428

It's up to them really.
I think if they think it could work and make them more profit they might look into it. If not then it is not like their programmers are typing messages in a forum dreaming up a solution to a problem they don't think exists, they are probably at happy hour now!:D
Well of course it's up to them.

But since this is hardly a new idea and yet changes to plunder STILL remain on the 'Do Not Suggest' list, it's my guess that they went to happy hour and then home (since it's now 11 PM Friday evening in Germany).