• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I am a cheater now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser34800

@heybo There ya go. I'll like what you said, just because of the sweet Spaceballs reference hahahaha. Going to plaid should be a goal of everyone.

DeletedUser27247

I've known two players who claimed to have 'friends' that quit the game but just log in to donate FPs. With one of them, the friends' donations stopped after it was pointed out that it looked like push accounts. The other player no longer plays because he got banned for having push accounts.

It's interesting that both players alleged to be push accounts showed up here, as well as the mere fact that this thread was started in the first place. If I were accused of cheating, I don't think whining about it on the Forum would be my choice of response.

Now, of course none of us know if there is cheating going on here, but the 'evidence' posted here in defence against the charge is less than convincing.
I was third in my world in medals. Still am unless things have changed. Llq helped me greatly, along with a bunch of other folks. I made a number of very generous donations that day. The talk of me being a push account is garbage. I had 130k fp, I put 50k of them where I damn well pleased.. maybe one of you will be nice enough for someone to donate 13k to after they've quit.

DeletedUser

I was third in my world in medals. Still am unless things have changed. Llq helped me greatly, along with a bunch of other folks. I made a number of very generous donations that day. The talk of me being a push account is garbage. I had 130k fp, I put 50k of them where I damn well pleased.. maybe one of you will be nice enough for someone to donate 13k to after they've quit.
So if he's not cheating, and you're not a push account, why bring the issue to the Forum? We don't care if someone sent him a message accusing him of cheating. It doesn't say they reported him, so why bring it here? Why not just ignore it? And if you've quit the game, why keep any of your FPs? Why not donate all of them to his (or someone else's) GBs and be done with it? Or are we to believe that you still have over 80k FPs, but you log on occasionally to donate your hourly/collection FPs? Seriously, the more you and he post on here, the more it makes it look like he's a cheater who doesn't like being called out. (FYI: There are altruistic cheaters, so her generosity is not a defense.)

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" William Shakespeare.

DeletedUser27247

I've got 90k plus to right now. I worked hard for them, and will spend them in whatever manner pleases me. I do not enjoy being called a cheater , so took issue when I saw this thread. But, in hindsight I just shouldn't have posted. None of this concerns anyone that's posted. Peace

DeletedUser21322

If you feel a player is cheating please contact support with the players name. We would be happy to look into it.

Now just because you provide forge points to another player solely does not make you a cheater. Many players have trades between each other to donate to great buildings.

DeletedUser

This reminds me of a case when I was on a jury. A guy with a bad reputation had tried to shoplift some groceries late one night by putting them on the bottom rack of the shopping cart and sneaking them by the cashier. The store manager had seen it and waited until he was outside (so it was definitely shoplifting) and confronted him, called him a thief and had him arrested. The case wasn't criminal for shoplifting. The guy was suing the store manager for slander for calling him a thief! Well, this had dragged through the system for 5 years. (That's important to remember.) During the trial, the shoplifter's lawyer had the shoplifter's wife on the stand trying to prove damage to the guy's reputation as well as monetary damages for loss of income. Shoplifter's lawyer. Shoplifter's wife. Five years to prepare. When asked about lost wages/income, she answered that he hadn't suffered any as a result of the manager calling him a thief. (Big surprise.) When asked about damage to his reputation, she answered that his friends thought less of him when they found out. Okay. Then the lawyer (the shoplifter's lawyer) asked her how his friends had found out about the incident. She answered that he (the shoplifter) had told them. I don't know how my fellow jurors and I kept from laughing out loud right there in the courtroom. As if that weren't enough to sink the guy's lawsuit, one of the judge's instructions on the legal aspects was that if the person believed the statement to be true, then it wasn't legally slander. Well, the guy had been caught shoplifting. Heck, at that point, we all believed he was a thief. And an idiot.

Now you may ask what brought this to mind. Well, if this message that LLQ got hadn't been posted here, no one but her would have ever known about it. So to me it is really irrelevant whether LLQ is or isn't a cheater. Doesn't matter to me in the least. I'm just mystified as to why she would come here and post about some stupid private message of this nature.

Last edited by a moderator:

*Arturis*

Errr, say what?
*confused*
So I’m now an equivalent of a shoplifter according to your analogy, just great!

Last edited:

DeletedUser26120

I saw I had 135k FP in stock. I made several very generous donations that day to players that had helped me immensely during my time in FoE.
That's awesome. :)

Nobody really helped me much in V world so I mostly self level there lol.

Maybe Emperor Tim and Perseus but they both quit playing too.

lol shoplifter

DeletedUser32307

Errr, say what?
*confused*
So I’m now an equivalent of a shoplifter according to your analogy, just great!

No he's mystified by bringing public attention to a private matter. Whether you are a cheater or not, what good does it do bringing it here? What motivation is there to announce to the community you got this message and open up the possibility you might be? I don't know you but I'm a skeptical person and it seems you are "lobbying" to prove your not when you could've been.

I'm not saying you are cheating because I simply don't know the answer to that. But you opened a can of worms by posting about it.

*Arturis*

Just a preemptive measure in my defense, if left unsaid, rumors will be spreading around which hurts my reputation.

DeletedUser33297

First of all, it's not my nature to chime in...Oh hell, who am I fooling, I love to jump in the middle of a good arguement. :eek::D
The following are MY opinions alone.
Taking a page from Sir @heybo's book of preperation prior to contact, let's define the term cheating:..
Part One
Since there are no less than 11 definitions provided by Webster's, let us concentrate on the one we all agree is at issue here....

cheat / noun
the act or an instance of fraudulently deceiving

What I find curious is that at no place in any of the sources I used to define that word, did I see the word "proof" written in any of them. So right off the bat the word is obviously suspect given the fact that no proof is required to use it.

PartTwo
Given that the party who has been accused has provided information from the party who was accused of assisting in said cheat, that speaks volumes to me. I find it hard to believe that a "conspiracy" exists in this instance, just to cover the a$$ of this player. It may be possible but I find it highly unlikely. IMO this player didn't do anything wrong/

As to why he posted here...I did the same thing a few months ago when I had an issue with a cheater in my guild at that time. The incident was already resolved, but that doesn't mean I liked it and I wanted input from people, I wanted to hear "their" take on MY situation, maybe just to see if what I felt was normal. TBH, I got a lot of good intel from that thread and made a few friends as well.

Everything isn't cut and dried, we all have different opinions and approaches to different problems. The bottom line should be....Asking relevant questions in a forum should NOT be a bad thing. We should strive to help the person asking achieve some sort of answer. That's what forums are about, IMO.

Again, Just my usual 2 cents worth. Carry on.

DeletedUser

Just a preemptive measure in my defense, if left unsaid, rumors will be spreading around which hurts my reputation.
I'm not trying to be rude or condescending, but that was the whole point of my story about the shoplifter. He was the one telling everyone that he had been called a thief, which hurt his reputation (allegedly). If he had not told everyone, the "damage" would have been limited to those few who knew about the incident first hand. Same here. I and many others would never have even become aware of this accusation without you posting here about it. You have opened up this rumor to the entire FoE universe by posting about it in the Forum. Because, honestly, even if someone with such poor communication skills as the person that wrote what you shared were to tell me anything, I wouldn't believe a word of it without outside confirmation. Personally, I don't care what false accusations people level at me privately. I would certainly answer them if they posted them here, but I would never bring them here myself.
Given that the party who has been accused has provided information from the party who was accused of assisting in said cheat, that speaks volumes to me. I find it hard to believe that a "conspiracy" exists in this instance, just to cover the a$$ of this player. It may be possible but I find it highly unlikely.
Okay, the problem with that is that LLQ is accused of having push accounts. Which means the "other party" is LLQ also if the accusation is true. That is why the "other parties" backing LLQ up holds little water.

And let me reiterate that I have no idea if LLQ is cheating or not. I hope not. I actually kind of like LLQ. But I am not going to accept specious arguments for or against the allegation. Not that my opinion really matters much in the big scheme of things, but I won't believe one way or the other until I see proof one way or another. So far I have seen no solid proof either way. Just rather suspicious behavior that doesn't make much sense to me if LLQ is innocent. Maybe there's a logical explanation, but I haven't seen that either. So I withhold forming an opinion one way or the other.

DeletedUser33297

And let me reiterate that I have no idea if LLQ is cheating or not. I hope not. I actually kind of like LLQ. But I am not going to accept specious arguments for or against the allegation. Not that my opinion really matters much in the big scheme of things, but I won't believe one way or the other until I see proof one way or another. So far I have seen no solid proof either way. Just rather suspicious behavior that doesn't make much sense to me if LLQ is innocent. Maybe there's a logical explanation, but I haven't seen that either. So I withhold forming an opinion one way or the other.
I agree Stephen, Like any "theory", all we have is the intel available, but I tend to lean toward the specious arguments simply becaause they have merit, IMO.

DeletedUser8428

I agree Stephen, Like any "theory", all we have is the intel available, but I tend to lean toward the specious arguments simply becaause they have merit, IMO.
Oh for heaven's sake. We are busy making a whole lotta somethin' from a whole lotta nothing'. "INTEL"? Ridiculous
So I withhold forming an opinion one way or the other.
suspicious behavior that doesn't make much sense to me if LLQ is innocent
That's you not forming an opinion?

Since none of this is at all relevant - anyone can submit a case for cheating and then Inno can decide one way or the other - I suggest that we leave the speculation behind as it's starting to sound like character assassination. LLQ, that would be my suggestion for you as well. Just stop posting on this topic.

DeletedUser

That's you not forming an opinion?
Maybe I should rephrase that this way: I don't understand taking the action of posting about the private accusation in the most public place in the game, because it is the last thing I would do if the accusation had no merit. There could be an explanation for that, and maybe LLQ's explanation makes sense to her and is the real reason she posted here. I don't know.

DeletedUser33297

Maybe I should rephrase that this way: I don't understand taking the action of posting about the private accusation in the most public place in the game, because it is the last thing I would do if the accusation had no merit. There could be an explanation for that, and maybe LLQ's explanation makes sense to her and is the real reason she posted here. I don't know.
I always take the bull by the horns...but thats just me....if someone calls me out, I bring it to the forums to get a wide variety of view points. I don't like every one here, but I do respect their opinions.

DeletedUser

I always take the bull by the horns...but thats just me....if someone calls me out, I bring it to the forums to get a wide variety of view points. I don't like every one here, but I do respect their opinions.
Well I can only give my perspective. If I received a message like LLQ did, I would laugh it off. People that know me won't be fooled by such nonsense, and I don't care what idiots like that think. If I did post about it on the Forum, it would be to mock the sender, not ask for advice on how to react.

Edit: The thing is, this was a direct message, so LLQ wasn't "called out" anywhere public until she posted it here. That's what has me scratching my head. I consider private conversations private, so I don't waste any time worrying about what others may say to me directly. I figure if they wanted to "call me out", they would do it in a public place, not a direct message. So if I were to respond at all to a direct message like the one she got, it would be in that direct thread. Now if it subsequently went public through the other person's doing, then the ballgame changes, but not until then.

I for one know that it would never have crossed my mind to think that LLQ was a cheater. She has a great reputation, has been playing a long time and seems to know the game (higher ages especially) very well. Now, the seed of that thought is in my mind. Yours too, if you're honest (maybe only .0001%, but it's there). Yet if LLQ had not brought the matter here, we would still not have that seed of doubt. That is my entire point.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31498

I actually experienced something kind of similar. I recently stopped playing, as it was just too time-consuming. I have a nice world generating 150 FPs/day or so. I declared my intention to not play. Is it "pushy" to just log in once a day and donate to someone I like (does it matter if he asked me to or not??)

To me it's kind of a grey area? On the one hand, my account is very real, I may come back and dive in again in the future, so maintaining a relationship is nice. On the other, I'm only logging in to help someone else's account (though possibly they'll owe me big if I return) so it does kind of feel like cheating for them.

In other words, can a real account 100% controlled by another player still qualify as a "push" account? Interesting question I kind of see both sides, but with that said I don't at all mean to implicate that LLQ is cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.