• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New vf gb Advanced milatery hospital

DeletedUser27392

The two wave battle have always been hard for many but there isn't much that can be done to make the, easier beyond buffing your troops with attack deffense stats. This will be a new tactic

The military hospital should look very high tech is it I'll use the latest nano and robotic technology to heal your army

Effects would be something like (these effects can be discussed and modified)

Level 1 2% chance all injured troops will be auto healed 50% health (4 bars if you have more than 4 you aren't healed. If you have less you are only healed up to 4 not 4 additional) at end of any battle including the first half of two wave battles
Level 2 2% chance half heal and 1% chance troops who had been thought dead are healed to one bar of health(they are not given half life regardless of if auto heal kicks in)
Level 2 4% half heal 1 brought back from dead
Level 3 4% half heal 2% brought back from dead
Level 10 10% half heal 5% back from dead
From this point forward each increases by half a percent every other level
At level 60 or so the increase amount would need to be decreased again

I believe thus would not be abused. It would ague net other war building wich already exist

DeletedUser30312

This would likely make players with big Trazes and big attack GBs even more beastly. High bonuses on attack GBs and the TA make attacking units harder to kill the way it is, and the Traz pumps out cannon fodder. This would definitely be abused. PvPers would laugh off city defenses even more. People who do GvG would be able to do even more as they lose less units, and the big GvG players would probably gain even more dominance.

So I have to say no.

DeletedUser27392

This would likely make players with big Trazes and big attack GBs even more beastly. High bonuses on attack GBs and the TA make attacking units harder to kill the way it is, and the Traz pumps out cannon fodder. This would definitely be abused. PvPers would laugh off city defenses even more. People who do GvG would be able to do even more as they lose less units, and the big GvG players would probably gain even more dominance.

So I have to say no.

I have to disagree. Players with a big traz likely have more troops than they can use. The main benefit of this gb is for two wave battles and attacking players is a 1 wave battle. Granted it would help them continue attacking players but to a much lessor degree than traz already does

DeletedUser30312

Accomplished fighters already can take on two wave battles without much difficulty, usually by using rogues. This is balanced, if that's what you want to call it, by the rogue's slow healing and recruitment time. This would speed up rogue recovery making things even more unbalanced.

DeletedUser27392

I would like to hear from advanced players. I think many might underestimate the abilities of advanced players.

I would qualify myself is a advanced player ranked top 50 in s. However my traz is a level 9 because that's all I need.
I have 1300 rogues that number grows daily. Do you think a player like me will ever run out if rogues while I wait for them to heal? The answer is clearly no

Also while I will admit I use rogues n some vf battles the heavy in vf is so good many just use heavy and say not to use rogues

Like I said main benefit is two wave battles like those in ge or questing.

RazorbackPirate

If you can already defeat a two wave battle and have more units than you can ever use, what's the point of this GB? I don't have a Traz, I'm in HMA, can already defeat 2 wave battles on level 4 GE and can't see much benefit to this GB once I do build Traz.

ShadowWarlord

Very nice idea! This will be the Kraken or AO in reverse. I have lvl 64 Traz (lvl 55 zeus, lvl 63 CdM..) but I have less than 1200 rogues :( - In my guild there are people with 70+ traz with high war GBs has much less (setting army, resetting army and full auto takes away most of the troops)

Last edited:

Algona

/me crawls out from under my bridge.

While I would eagerly add this GB to my arsenal if available since I'm finally getting serious about GvG, it's not good for the game, But don;t take my word:

owever my traz is a level 9 because that's all I need.
I have 1300 rogues that number grows daily. Do you think a player like me will ever run out if rogues while I wait for them to heal? The answer is clearly no

From the above and only having 13K fights, it's obvious the OP doesn't do any serious GvG fighting. This also explains how the OP missed this undesirable consequence / abuse:

People who do GvG would be able to do even more as they lose less units, and the big GvG players would probably gain even more dominance.

which prompted a reasonable request by the OP:

I would like to hear from advanced players.

But be careful what you ask, you may get it:

Very nice idea! This will be the Kraken or AO in reverse. I have lvl 64 Traz (lvl 55 zeus, lvl 63 CdM..) but I have less than 1200 rogues :( - In my guild there are people with 70+ traz with high war GBs has much less (setting army, resetting army and full auto takes away most of the troops)

Delightfully phrased as support for the idea, yet clearly explains the abuse inherent in the idea The most powerful players extending their dominance of GvG is not good for the game, just the most powerful players.

I vote no,

Now get off my bridge.

ShadowWarlord

I vote no,

Now get off my bridge.

I am sure you would say NO if someone would post the idea for AO or Kraken :D, but yet they are there. My Kraken or AO is not that big but I like the more dynamic behavior of the game, so I support this kind of interesting ideas. This will do nothing extra, dominant guilds and players will remain dominant with or without it :)

DeletedUser14354

No as originally proposed, for all of the reasons stated above. Once you hit a certain level, you typically have more units than you could reasonably ever use.

Now, what I think might be an interesting idea would be a GB that heals units from phase 1 to phase 2 of a 2-wave battle. Something like a small percentage chance of having one unit fully heal itself before the start of the second battle for the first "x" battles that day, with the percentage chance going up to maybe 50% at the really high levels. No resurrecting the dead though.

It wouldn't break the game, but on the margin, it might allow you to get through one or two extra battles without surrendering and trying again. Maybe balanced with a second boost that is essentially meaningless (like unrefined goods to the guild treasury).

DeletedUser27392

Now, what I think might be an interesting idea would be a GB that heals units from phase 1 to phase 2 of a 2-wave battle. Something like a small percentage chance of having one unit fully heal itself before the start of the second battle for the first "x" battles that day, with the percentage chance going up to maybe 50% at the really high levels. No resurrecting the dead though.

It wouldn't break the game, but on the margin, it might allow you to get through one or two extra battles without surrendering and trying again. Maybe balanced with a second boost that is essentially meaningless (like unrefined goods to the guild treasury).

I'm fine with this idea is it still does what originally planed it to do (helps with two wave battles ) however if the 2nd boost is meaningless and it only applies to two wav battles is it now underpowered?

DeletedUser35976

The two wave battle have always been hard for many but there isn't much that can be done to make the, easier beyond buffing your troops with attack deffense stats. This will be a new tactic

The military hospital should look very high tech is it I'll use the latest nano and robotic technology to heal your army

Effects would be something like (these effects can be discussed and modified)

Level 1 2% chance all injured troops will be auto healed 50% health (4 bars if you have more than 4 you aren't healed. If you have less you are only healed up to 4 not 4 additional) at end of any battle including the first half of two wave battles
Level 2 2% chance half heal and 1% chance troops who had been thought dead are healed to one bar of health(they are not given half life regardless of if auto heal kicks in)
Level 2 4% half heal 1 brought back from dead
Level 3 4% half heal 2% brought back from dead
Level 10 10% half heal 5% back from dead
From this point forward each increases by half a percent every other level
At level 60 or so the increase amount would need to be decreased again

I believe thus would not be abused. It would ague net other war building wich already exist
+1. I would like to see this in the game.

Emberguard

I like aspects of the idea, but the balanci ng itself would need a overhaul for it to remotely fit into the game.

Looking at the GBs by Age/Era the devs seem to have a clear theme system for at least some of the ages

At the start it's mostly just building a foundation for your city. Whatever is the most crucial aspect of your city that is going to need developing in order for it to function.

- The most obvious start to the themes once you've gotten past foundation GBs is in the Industrial Age. There we have the Supply GBs.
- Next in Progressive we've got two GBs that scale based on external input (quest rewards increase + unattached troops from city barracks)
- Modern Era gives two happiness focused GBs
- Postmodern/Contemporary not sure what the theme is but you have some useful stuff that would complement other GBs
- Tomorrow gives us the goods via social Interaction GBs
- The Future gives us two GBs that make it easier to get BPs. Although one was nerfed so much it's debatable how well it does that now
- Arctic/Oceanic Future gives us GBs that either bring something entirely new to the game, approach what's already been done in a unique way or complement your existing structures

So given what we've seen of Virtual Future, I wouldn't be surprised if the focus is going to be in regards to military in some way.

Rather then the stats you've suggested, how about:

Attacking Units: Gives a chance of reviving a single (random) dead unit inbetween waves.

Defending Units (option 1): Once your army reaches 50% of your starting units remaining there's a chance one of the dead units will revive with full health
Defending Units (option 2): Once per battle, if the total combined health of your units drops to 2/3rds there's a chance of all remaining troops being fully healed

The percentages chance of success per lvl would be better left to the devs to tweak and fine tune, but they'll be a lot lower in how quickly it increases per lvl if it does become a thing.

Volodya

This has been an interesting discussion of an interesting idea. It does seem to be a dnsl violation though, so it's only a matter of time until an overzealous mod closes it, rather than simply moving it from proposals to forge hall. That would be a shame; I think interesting discussions are a GOOD thing to have on this forum.

Salsuero

Do you think a player like me will ever run out if rogues while I wait for them to heal? The answer is clearly no

I'm in HMA with a level 14 Alcatraz. Stopped there to work on some other things. Was up over 1k in Rogues... went on a GvG defensive spree as we were getting hit hard... dropped down to roughly 800 Rogues in one day. You claim to be an advanced player with a level 9 Alcatraz... that doesn't mean you're an advanced fighter. I'm not advanced by any stretch and yet I can conceive of losing all my Rogues quite quickly if I didn't try not to.

DeletedUser27392

Do not suggest list

• Anything that is already available through Diamond purchase

My original idea was revive chance at 1% and one point of life diamond gives you full life
I also asked for half health. Diamond gives you full health

Later people wanted the relieve gone

But changed it to full life wich made it a do not suggest I guess

I think this idea can be played with to make it valid. It's not even in correct format right now so more of a brain storming of the idea then official suggestion. At least in innos eyes

Here is a veration on idea just to get us started

This is vf after all so what about hackers consortium, It should look high tech but also have a crime boss look to it. Instead of healing you after battle one or reviewing you there is a chance in two wave battles only the hackers can add extra life to your health bar or maybe even "revive" a defected solder (if people don't throw a fit.

The catch is after the 2nd battle ends all real damage taken is still there. Let's say hackers gave you life between rounds. Let's say a solder had 2 points of life and hackers gave you 2 more if after battle ends you have 3 the game reduces that to 1. 3-2=1 If you have two the solder is dead. 2-2=0

If a solder was brought back thru hacking between waves they would still be dead at end of 2nd battle

I think this accomplishes a lot

Theme.... It fits perfectly with ages theme
Do not suggest list...... Does not give any real life or revive anyone like diamonds can. It creates a temporary bonus that last one battle
Abuse. .... One battle and reset prevents that IMO but it could be made to have a linited number of daily uses

DeletedUser27392

If people like my above idea we could make a seller ate thread for it.

RazorbackPirate

Brent, here is a GB proposal outline previously suggested by Inno. This might help you to flesh out your idea.

Here is the suggested format for the GB entry:
  • Great Building Name:
  • Inspired By: What inspired you for this building? What real life building is it based on, you can include an *image. If it is a building of your own design, please describe what it looks like, and include an example graphic if possible. (A *graphic is not required though.)
  • Description: Make this similar to how we already provide general descriptions for each Great Building.
  • Boosts: What boosts does it provide? Precise percentages or amounts are not important for each level. Just give us an idea of what boosts you would like to see it provide in general, or what it might provide at level 1.
  • Building Size: What is the size of the building on the city grid?
  • Explanation: Why do you feel the boosts and other specifications on this building are a good idea for the game?
A few points to keep in mind:
  • Keep your idea realistic within the existing game balance. (For example, this means don't suggest the most powerful GB that exists that is only 2x2, or boosts so high it would unbalance the game, that is not realistic).
  • Don't worry about what the new Era's might be in the future in relation to your idea. Just have a good idea that would work for any Age or Era.
  • Get creative! Imagination is just as important as technical specs.
  • Make sure your idea is easy to understand. The Community will be voting, so don't get too complicated.