• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser

DeletedUser36705

@Little Urban Achievers your strategy is laughable, your conclusions are based on false assumptions, you give poor advice, and you cant take any. However your tenacity cannot be matched.

As the sole member of the official awards committee for the Forge of Empires forum I honorably bestow upon you the supreme medal of obstinance. Congratulations! As if the honor of this award wasn't enough, you will receive a lifetime membership to Blockbuster and an all expenses paid trip to Chernobyl!

DeletedUser37533

Wow this is high praise indeed! I accept this honor and would first like to thank the big guy JC, Julius Ceasar. Without his influence we wouldn't be building pretend cities online. I was at the spot he was murdered on Palentine Hill with my new bride in October by the way. I would also be remiss if I didn't thank my family for allowing me to log on a couple times a week and enjoy this hobby. Finally, a big thank you to all the players that kept attacking me and forcing me to evolve until I invented an unbeatable defense. Never more do players have no choice but to lose to advanced players and be plundered. They have the ultimate defense and the funny part is it is nothing.

Go forward players! Give those attackers no battle points over and over and over again. And if need be, give them no plunder. Oh and don't forget the nasty-gram that says screw you, you aren't getting anything!

I accept this award, but I accept it for all the little people that have helped along the way. Thank you.

UBERhelp1

Ok. For everyone being plundered - pro tips time.

The following tips are for the prevention of someone beating your defensive army.

1. High score. Get GB to have a high score and make people afraid to attack you. Bonus if these GB are military ones so that you can attack those who attack you.
  2. Good Defensive Boost. Whether RF, GB, or something else, a good defensive boost helps your troops.
  3. Good Defensive Army. Use the best troops available - whatever that may be. Be sure to include special troops (no more than 1-2 rogues) and any/all higher-era troops. Also, be sure that these troops are at full health and are used only for defense. Don't use them in your normal armies.
The following are for when someone has beaten your defensive army.
  1. Collect on time. Do I need to say more?
  2. Good Offensive Army/Boost. If someone plunders you, go attack them back. Level up your Zeus, CoA, and CdM (or get them if you don't have them).
If someone plunders you relentlessly and you can do literally nothing about it, and you are about to give up, then:
  1. Tavern City Shield. Last resort. Just pay some silver and no more plunderers (for a short while)
  2. Friend Request. Friend the plunderer. One can't plunder their friends, so if they accept it you are 100% clear of plunder. Also, you can unfriend them after the neighborhood change.
Hope this helps. Personally, I just use the first 3 tips and haven't been plundered in months. :)

DeletedUser37533

Yes, if you are being plundered relentlessly, as a last resort, beg your attacker to stop lol. Some Pro tip. Have you lower level players noticed yet that all the pro tips benefit the attacker? DISCONNECT YOUR ROADS FOR 48 HOURS AND THAT ATTACKER WILL NEVER COME BACK.

Algona

Wow this is high praise indeed! I accept this honor and would first like to thank the big guy JC, Julius Ceasar. Without his influence we wouldn't be building pretend cities online. I was at the spot he was murdered on Palentine Hill with my new bride in October by the way. I would also be remiss if I didn't thank my family for allowing me to log on a couple times a week and enjoy this hobby. Finally, a big thank you to all the players that kept attacking me and forcing me to evolve until I invented an unbeatable defense. Never more do players have no choice but to lose to advanced players and be plundered. They have the ultimate defense and the funny part is it is nothing.

Go forward players! Give those attackers no battle points over and over and over again. And if need be, give them no plunder. Oh and don't forget the nasty-gram that says screw you, you aren't getting anything!

I accept this award, but I accept it for all the little people that have helped along the way. Thank you.

Yes, if you are being plundered relentlessly, as a last resort, beg your attacker to stop lol. Some Pro tip. Have you lower level players noticed yet that all the pro tips benefit the attacker? DISCONNECT YOUR ROADS FOR 48 HOURS AND THAT ATTACKER WILL NEVER COME BACK.

It is important to note that this poster is awful at the game and has professed to possibly cheating by using multiple accounts.

You'd be better off taking advice from your used toilet paper, which looks remarkably similar to this player's city.

Agent327

Ok. For everyone being plundered - pro tips time.

The following tips are for the prevention of someone beating your defensive army.

1. High score. Get GB to have a high score and make people afraid to attack you. Bonus if these GB are military ones so that you can attack those who attack you.
  2. Good Defensive Boost. Whether RF, GB, or something else, a good defensive boost helps your troops.
  3. Good Defensive Army. Use the best troops available - whatever that may be. Be sure to include special troops (no more than 1-2 rogues) and any/all higher-era troops. Also, be sure that these troops are at full health and are used only for defense. Don't use them in your normal armies.
The following are for when someone has beaten your defensive army.
  1. Collect on time. Do I need to say more?
  2. Good Offensive Army/Boost. If someone plunders you, go attack them back. Level up your Zeus, CoA, and CdM (or get them if you don't have them).
If someone plunders you relentlessly and you can do literally nothing about it, and you are about to give up, then:
  1. Tavern City Shield. Last resort. Just pay some silver and no more plunderers (for a short while)
  2. Friend Request. Friend the plunderer. One can't plunder their friends, so if they accept it you are 100% clear of plunder. Also, you can unfriend them after the neighborhood change.
Hope this helps. Personally, I just use the first 3 tips and haven't been plundered in months. :)

You think you are the first to come up with this?

Graviton

Have you lower level players noticed yet that all the pro tips benefit the attacker?

Collecting on time doesn't benefit the attacker, and unlike your advice it actually benefits the defender. Because he can still play the game, whereas you'd have him shut the whole thing down for two days. You advise giving up two days' productions from all buildings to perhaps maybe prevent a loss from a building or two at most. In no universe does that math work to the benefit of the defender.

DeletedUser35753

If I disconnect my roads for 48 hours in my town, I'd lose around 500 goods and 60 FP.

It'd almost definitely be cheaper to let that plunderer hit me constantly until the next hood rotation.

Your idea doesn't really hurt the attacker, they have a whole hood to plunder, but it sure hurts you. Based on how I approach things when I attack/plunder, it's also really unlikely to make me go away. I'll hit you again and again, just cos you're on the way up the hood, and if you don't have anything to plunder oh well, you might next time I look. I think nearly everyone else who plunders is just like me in that regards.

I agree with everyone else. Your advice is bad. It obviously makes you feel better to disconnect roads to spite the plunderer so do what you like. But it's still bad advice for most players.

DeletedUser34800

I wish you would never come back. Just disconnect your roads and stop playing. Then stop coming to the forums and giving horrible, terrible, awful, 100% absolutely the worst advice ever.

I would put you on ignore, but then I wouldn't be able to counter everything you say with actual good advice or snark for newer players to read. I wouldn't want them to just read your garbage and think it's correct.

Because it's wrong (in case you haven't figured that out, which you haven't).

Go ahead. Laugh again. Post here about your awesome ability to quit playing and how helpful it is to your delicate mind because you're not smart enough to to realize how much you're hurting your city and ability to actually play the game.

Emberguard

@urban

No one said to beg for the plundering to stop. Actually the opposite, you should never beg or threaten the plunderer. It'll only make you a bigger target.

Giving them a entertaining message, sending a friend request, asking for advice on how to improve or politely asking if there's anything that'd stop the plundering is good advice.

DeletedUser34800

@urban

No one said to beg for the plundering to stop. Actually the opposite, you should never beg or threaten the plunderer. It'll only make you a bigger target.

Giving them a entertaining message, sending a friend request, asking for advice on how to improve or politely asking if there's anything that'd stop the plundering is good advice.

Easier to just quit the game. Might as well. It's a complex game.

I'm sure Helli Kitty: Island Adventure would be much better for them.

DeletedUser37533

Lower players, numbers 1 through 3 above guarantee the highest battle points possible to an attacker when your defenses are breached. Now given that all defenses are breached when you are a growing player, who does that benefit?? I just can't put my finger on it. Who would it benefit to get the largest amount of battle points possible in a rigged battle?? Anyone? Buler? Buler?

If you are posting a full, current defence then you are playing right into the hands of these asshats that have been giving you advice since day one. Yes their advice is very good, very good for strong attackers. This does not require analysis or comment. It is math. Deny them battle points. It's that simple.

The second part is denying plunder. I have explained this strategy multiple times and will not again. 48hrs and they're gone. If you can't sit out for 48 hours, then you have a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30900

Lower players, numbers 1 through 3 above guarantee the highest battle points possible to an attacker when your defenses are breached. Now given that all defenses are breached when you are a growing player, who does that benefit?? I just can't put my finger on it. Who would it benefit to get the largest amount of battle points possible in a rigged battle?? Anyone? Buler? Buler?

If you are posting a full, current defence then you are playing right into the hands of these asshats that have been giving you advice since day one. Yes their advice is very good, very good for strong attackers. This does not require analysis or comment. It is math. Deny them battle points. It's that simple.

The second part is denying plunder. I have explained this strategy multiple times and will not again. 48hrs and they're gone. If you can't sit out for 48 hours, then you have a problem. You can be doing plenty other things like having sex with an actual person or drinking or delivering meals to old people.
Listen, when you just snitch yourself on having multiple accounts, the best thing to do is stay low and be quiet. Plus, your advice is not helping anyone anyway.

DeletedUser34800

The second part is denying plunder. I have explained this strategy multiple times and will not again. 48hrs and they're gone. If you can't sit out for 48 hours, then you have a problem. You can be doing plenty other things like having sex with an actual person or drinking or delivering meals to old people.

I'm so glad you decided not to explain it again. It's terrible advice that does not need to be reposted.

Now you listen, when you disconnect your city, you lose more than that plunderer can take. You wouldn't know, because your city is a badly designed joke. You also have to resort to using multiple accounts to try and equal the growth of a good player.

The advice given here DOESN'T benefit the strong attackers.

-Collect on time: you deny the plunderers anything because you collect it. "But I have a life and don't want to be tied to the game" you whine. "Use 24 hr productions and collect once per day" is the response. If you can't log in once per day, you should not cry over plundering.

-Build defense buildings: wow, that benefits the attackers. Making your city defense harder to beat. I have a solid defense that doesn't get beat. Many players have that as well. Takes time and effort. Probably not for you because you'd rather just quit.

-Use an actual army to defend: a single spearfighter isn't an army. Ever used units 2-3 ages above yours? No? What a shocker. It's a strategy to make your defensive army even stronger. That way players can't beat it and can't plunder you.

-Use event buildings and special buildings: look at what @Stephen Longshanks does. Players can't plunder a building that's motivated. Just a fact about the game.

-Invite the top players as friends: they can't attack if they're your friends. And guess what? Most players would rather have an active friend who motivates their city than plundering useless garbage from a bad city like yours.

There are plenty of other tips and advice in here to prevent plundering from happening, and if you read it you'd know that. But instead you'd rather just spew your garbage about quitting for a couple days as if that actually works and doesn't just hurt your city more.

Every time you post your garbage, I'm going to post beneficial advice to actually help players in this game. They shouldn't read your crap and think that it's right. It's wrong and it's terrible advice.

DeletedUser

Deny them battle points. It's that simple.
Except that you're not denying them battle points. You're giving them an easy way to score battle points on lower era towers and basically get free medals. Plus, if you leave any plunderable building connected, I would plunder it even if it's just coins or supplies. And I don't know of any player that has ever stopped attacking because of a too weak defense. I certainly wouldn't.

DreadfulCadillac

@urban

agreedwhen people ask me for defense advice , i help em..if they come winhing and complaining..i dont;-)