• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

From a stupid joke to what could be not a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser29726

Why not? That;s exactly how I got the results, I wanted to see if the Glarg thing was as good as it looked?

i will admit I've kept the wolrd as a test bed and to learn things I missed fiorst time through.

Thanks for posting solid info on the results f going into IA faster.

Mind if I asked how you produced a thousand Goods your second week in game, or was thet week 3?

Second week. I used actual goods buildings - it's faster for goods than looping if you don't have a chateau. I was running 6 goods buildings (2 BA, 4 IA) and trading if i remember right. That's 180 goods a day * 7 = 1260 a week - plus extras from other sources.

Algona

Second week. I used actual goods buildings - it's faster for goods than looping if you don't have a chateau. I was running 6 goods buildings (2 BA, 4 IA) and trading if i remember right. That's 180 goods a day * 7 = 1260 a week - plus extras from other sources.

Very impressive!

DeletedUser38090

It used to be a good idea. I still do a few days of it before entering iron age but there's so many reasons to be at least iron age these days (expedition, GB donation, daily challenge, settlements) that you're missing out on too much by dragging your heels getting out of bronze age.
Yeah, I just aged up so I could get snag a couple of CF prints from 5th place and do some BP sniping. Only reason why I decided to hold off progressing into Iron is so I have at least 150 stored FP to use for GB snipes.

Agent327

Maybe they read a lot or played similar games?

That way you hardly pick up the terminology and it seldom leads to you giving advice to others right away. What you certainly do not do is pick a name that obviouisly is a reference to an very old and inside joke.

So maybe we are dealing with a long time player and a new assumed character.

DeletedUser33179

For somebody that claims to be new, you sure got the game and terminology figured out fast.

I've been thinking the exact same thing.

ForgeDB currently shows Mandy with 2 cities on the US server, with 12-13k rank points for each.

On February 2nd Mandy starts a thread stating that she just started a city "litlle less than an hour ago" & is looking for advice.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/advice-on-city-organization.25137/

And today - a mere 15 days later - Mandy is giving another player this advice in this thread:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...eding-help-with-what-to-do.25260/#post-237700

It looks like you're spending a lot of space on marketplaces just to get enough happiness to fulfill the Innovation Tower's population. I assume you fight a lot with those two champions retreats and the CoA and Zeus, so I would recommend getting Alcatraz so you can at least get some unattached troops everyday with the happiness and use that for your fighting. Building 9 marketplaces is pretty overkill, and eats up valuable aid.

I'm curious, why did you build an Inno Tower when you still are using clapboard houses? You have a nasty population problem, and if you are heavily relying on your coins income from clapboard houses, you might want to get some more SoK's in the future so you can get more coins that way, and perhaps even get St. Mark's Basilica, which will double your coins production. If you don't need the houses for coins, I would suggest removing them, and filling the newly gained space with more shoemakers or tanneries for RQs.

Also, with the prints display, you shouldn't base your decision on building a certain GB significantly on the number of prints that you have. Instead, you should find GBs that would heavily benefit your playstyle, and then ask some of the players who are powerlevelling their GBs if you could snag 5th place and win some easy prints there.

EDIT: One more thing, do you participate in GE often and try to get to level 4? If so, you'd want to build a ToR so you aren't missing out on the relics.

Mandy's 2 cities under that name may be new, but IMHO he/she most definitely isn't new to FoE.

DeletedUser35770

I’m not sure I can gve links, but the foe reddit community was also asking these same questions of the same player with the same city. It is all within the first 10ish posts, along with the players explanation of how they accomplished the feat. You can draw conclusions from there.

DeletedUser38090

How many FPs and how many days do you spend to acuire a full set of BPs for an advanced Era GB?

Obviously not the guy who is replying to you, but I've always found it helpful to contact the top 100-200 people who have the highest levels of a certain advanced era GB through the FoE database (other than Arc), and asking if they are going to continue to level their GBs after a week (so when you reach Iron, they are still leveling their GBs). Then you could ask if they could save fifth spot for you and you can get a couple of prints for 10 fps or lower, depending on how generous they are. Out of 200 people, you're bound to find at least 2 or 3 who are generous enough to save a spot for you for 10 fps.

I would recommend doing this when you've started your town after the tutorial, so it gives you something to do in FoE while babysitting your huts or stilt houses.

Agent327

I've been thinking the exact same thing.

ForgeDB currently shows Mandy with 2 cities on the US server, with 12-13k rank points for each.

On February 2nd Mandy starts a thread stating that she just started a city "litlle less than an hour ago" & is looking for advice.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/advice-on-city-organization.25137/

And today - a mere 15 days later - Mandy is giving another player this advice in this thread:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...eding-help-with-what-to-do.25260/#post-237700

Mandy's 2 cities under that name may be new, but IMHO he/she most definitely isn't new to FoE.

Not just that.

How about this

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?posts/236857

Amazing knowledge for someone that is playing for only 15 days.

Or the latest post.

Obviously not the guy who is replying to you, but I've always found it helpful to contact the top 100-200 people who have the highest levels of a certain advanced era GB through the FoE database (other than Arc), and asking if they are going to continue to level their GBs after a week (so when you reach Iron, they are still leveling their GBs). Then you could ask if they could save fifth spot for you and you can get a couple of prints for 10 fps or lower, depending on how generous they are. Out of 200 people, you're bound to find at least 2 or 3 who are generous enough to save a spot for you for 10 fps.

I would recommend doing this when you've started your town after the tutorial, so it gives you something to do in FoE while babysitting your huts or stilt houses.

Always found it helpfull??? In 15 days????

This is definately an old timer faking to be new!

I’m not sure I can gve links, but the foe reddit community was also asking these same questions of the same player with the same city. It is all within the first 10ish posts, along with the players explanation of how they accomplished the feat. You can draw conclusions from there.

Conclusion seems crystal clear to me.

DeletedUser38090

Always found it helpfull??? In 15 days????

This is definately an old timer faking to be new!
I think starting 3 worlds and trying that strategy in each of them is worthy of saying "always found it helpful". I've even gotten free HMA goods for an SMB through networking.

Agent327

I think starting 3 worlds and trying that strategy in each of them is worthy of saying "always found it helpful".

I don't think it is, but it is rather easy to prove me wrong. Where did you read about that strategy, that made you decide to use it in three cities without ever contemplating anything else.? Or did you just happen to come up with it yourself as a total noob with brilliant insight? Same with RQ's. What made you learn they are even in the game to make use of them in Bronze? Most players do not even know they are there before they reach Industrial. You must be the Einstein of all noobs.

Oh, and Alabastard????

DeletedUser38090

Where did you read about that strategy, that made you decide to use it in three cities without ever contemplating anything else.?
Friend told me about this game and when I said I was interested in picking it up, he told me about heavy questing right after I said I might pick up the game (he has Asperger's, so I would cut him some slack). It was overwhelming at first to have him talk about the strategy, since I have no idea where the pieces fit, but after reading the Condensed CR version, and Dulahan's arc rush, I kinda understand the basic mechanics behind it.

I decided to spend 2-3 hours a day for about a week reading the forums before starting my town, since he said y'all in the forums were very skilled at the game. Since FoE isn't heavily reliant on reflexes compared to say, a first-person shooter, I felt like it was a good idea to spend some time on research before diving into the game, since I don't have to practice my reflexes, and understanding the game would be feasible.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38090

Or did you just happen to come up with it yourself as a total noob with brilliant insight?
So I think one of the issues my friend had about playing this game was his terrible networking skills (he only had around 48 friends). @RazorbackPirate 's advice on how to get tons of friends quick was the first step for me to understand how to network in this game. Also @LacLongQuan 's advice to @amiar 's journey to a lvl 80 arc in the Dulahan guide's comments on finding high level CF owners for levels gave me inspiration for this idea. I independently came up with the idea of talking with the higher level GB owners on the FIRST day, since I was bored babysitting my huts.
You must be the Einstein of all noobs.
I mean, does researching beforehand make me good? Most of my friends put in at least a month for more complicated games before picking them up if they desire to get good.
Oh, and Alabastard????
My friend told me about tuckerkao's alabaster debacle, so I named myself with that in mind for the jokes. Sometimes he just randomly says alabaster without any context for laughs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Friend told me about this game and when I said I was interested in picking it up, he told me about heavy questing. It was overwhelming at first to have him talk about the strategy, since I have no idea where the pieces fit, but after reading the Condensed CR version, and Dulahan's arc rush, I kinda understand the basic mechanics behind it.

I decided to spend 2-3 hours a day for about a week reading the forums before starting my town, since he said y'all in the forums were very skilled at the game. Since FoE isn't heavily reliant on reflexes compared to say, a first-person shooter, I felt like it was a good idea to spend some time on research before diving into the game, since I don't have to practice my reflexes, and understanding the game would be feasible.

It was overwhelming????

Nice try, but I do not believe a word of it. Condensed CR version??? Dulahan's Arc rush??? That for a noob?????

Why on earth do you feel the need to defend yourself? That is something only quilty people do.

Agent327

My friend told me about tuckerkao's alabaster debacle, so I named myself with that in mind for the jokes.

Why do you want those jokes? Those are jokes you only get when you have been there. Rather strange action coming from someone new.

Sometimes he just randomly says alabaster without any context for laughs.

That must be hilarious when you do not know what it is about.

Keep defending yourself. The hole you dig just keeps getting deeper.

DeletedUser38090

Nice try, but I do not believe a word of it. Condensed CR version??? Dulahan's Arc rush??? That for a noob?????
I found it through day 3 of research. I don't understand how it's that inaccessible. I'm sure that if you spent 6 hours of straight research on the forums, you'd find the guides.
Why on earth do you feel the need to defend yourself? That is something only quilty people do.
Thought you guys wanted to know the background I am coming from when I picked up this game.
Why do you want those jokes? Those are jokes you only get when you have been there. Rather strange action coming from someone new.
Friend told me about them.
That must be hilarious when you do not know what it is about.
I didn't personally find it funny before learning about tuck's strategy. My friend has Asperger's, as I've stated before, so he often just repeats in-jokes and talks about highly specific FoE information to me even though I had no idea what those jokes or information are. He doesn't necessarily know that I don't know the context of every in-joke when I talk to him, and that's the nature of his disorder. Still an awesome friend regardless.

RazorbackPirate

Why on earth do you feel the need to defend yourself? That is something only guilty people do.
Why do you even care? What difference does it make to you? Why does @MandyTheAlabastard feel she needs to defend herself? Maybe 'cause you feel the need to question why and how she knows what she knows.

I knew she was someone who already had spent time on the forums based on her initial screen cap, question, and response to the input she got. No big secret, nor does it conflict with her explanation. I stand by my initial comments,
Oh no! Look at her name.

She just started the game, obviously knows the secret of Alabaster, she's already found the forum, she's asking questions, and following the advice of seasoned players.

I fear this is one to be feared. Greatly feared, I fear.

Welcome the the game Mandy.

Algona

More meaningless anecdotes.

How long does it take to do that and get results? Contact 200 people? Wait for them to respnd? How many FPs do you spend to get a complete set of BPs?

Numbers. you got 'em or you don't.

Agent327

Why do you even care? What difference does it make to you? Why does @MandyTheAlabastard feel she needs to defend herself? Maybe 'cause you feel the need to question why and how she knows what she knows.

I knew she was someone who already had spent time on the forums based on her initial screen cap, question, and response to the input she got. No big secret, nor does it conflict with her explanation. I stand by my initial comments,

Are you the imaginary friend?

I do not care at all. I think it is rather funny she, but most likely he, gave himself away in no time.

It is allowed in the game to use different names on different worlds. Don't think so it is on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.