• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Disable “Insta-Build for Diamonds” when Selling Buildings

DeletedUser36819

Proposal
Remove the “Insta-Build” building when trying to sell a building.

Current System
Attempting to sell a building and pressing on the insta build button, which appears shortly after starting the construction, does not sell the building and instead takes you to option to spend diamonds to construct it.

Details
There is currently a chance to misclick the button when attempting to sell a building after constructing it. This procedure is utilized to quickly gain coins/supplies for quests, but feels stressful to have to navigate around. Implementing this feature will reduce the chance of accidentally wasting diamonds (the building that is instantly constructed will likely be demolished before it even has a chance to finish construction).

Abuse Prevention
None to my knowledge

Visual Aids
N/A

Conclusion
Diamonds can be tough to come by, and it’s a horrible feeling to waste them by having a pop up, to complete a building, appear when you expect a pop up to sell the building.

qaccy

Waiting 5 seconds is to much????

Being able to work around it doesn't mean this proposal deserves a negative vote. Are you saying this wouldn't be a helpful addition to the game? Or rather, that this would be a bad one?

UBERhelp1

Well, first you can enable the "Are you sure you want to spend x diamonds?" window for all diamond purchases. Also, if there needs to be >1 building sold, build them from bottom left to top right and by the time you go back, the message will appear.

And sorry, but I'm going to have to say -1. I don't feel that the button is doing too much harm how it is.

DeletedUser33179

Deleting a building very rapidly - instead of a teeny tiny bit slow - isn't required for completing quests. Having to wait a few seconds is by no means "stressful," you just don't like it. The diamond confirmation window that shows up if you click on insta-build is what's designed to minimize accidental diamond spending (don't need your proposal for that either).

Super Catanian

Completely unnecessary and will not add a lot of value to the game's features. As mentioned, you can activate the Diamond Confirmation button to make sure you don't accidentally spend Diamonds.
Kudos for putting this into proper format.

RazorbackPirate

I play this game for free. I have no issues with Inno phishing for diamonds. I am just fine paying attention, waiting a bit, and cancelling something if I mis-click.

DevaCat

Not a good use of Dev time for what seems to be a minor problem for a minor segment of the player population. - 1

qaccy

Alright, I'll bite. How so? I don't personally see the game being worse off were this proposal to actually make it through to implementation in the game...as slim as those odds may be (which is true for all proposals).

I don't really understand how folks could be outright opposed to things that are essentially QoL improvements. Perhaps I'm just dumb?

DeletedUser

Alright, I'll bite. How so? I don't personally see the game being worse off were this proposal to actually make it through to implementation in the game...as slim as those odds may be (which is true for all proposals).

I don't really understand how folks could be outright opposed to things that are essentially QoL improvements. Perhaps I'm just dumb?
I am opposed because it doesn't rate a game change, just the tiniest bit more care by the player in what he's doing. Not worth the effort to code.

Agent327

I am not in favor of game changes, just because a player is not looking at what he is doing, or not willing to wait 5 seconds. Do you really need 5 seconds in a game, played over years? Will someone beat you if you do not put those buildings in fast enough?

DeletedUser32328

I'm in favour of eliminating the pop-up. There is no practical reason for it. If you want to finish the build instantaneously you can still click on the building and spend the diamonds.
For me this is about QoL and saving valuable time, the diamonds you can save through the check box as already mentioned.

Algona

Not saying it is, but maybe this is Dnsl?

IFor me this is about QoL and saving valuable time,

Ummm, well, heck. I wonder whose quality of life?

Free rollers? The average cash customers? Whales? Any player who for whatever reason wants to instabuild?

INNO?

Might wanna ponder Point of Sales Advertising Psychology (Specifically impulse buying, why candy bars and rag magazines are next to the cash register) and then take a gander at this Proposal from INNNO's QoL PoV.

There is no practical reason for it. I

I don't reclom that's quite right.

If you want to finish the build instantaneously you can still click on the building and spend the diamonds.

How many millions of buildings built per day?

If this didn't pop up constantly, if you didn't see it with each build, isn't it a little teensy weensy bit more likely that you may not remember the instabuild option when you're concentrating on placing new buildings?

Why would INNO want to make it even microscopically more likely someone forgets the possibility of spending cash?

Or make it even just one click more difficult to spend money on an impulse buy?

I mean, if it's my game and I have an option like instabuild, I want players who I'm tempting to spend money to be constantly reminded about this ability so they have it in the back of their mind every time they build.

So that when they drop a building they may want to make that spontaneous impulse purchase.

I sure would put convenience and temptation for cash customers over the hmmm, what to call it, tribulations? of my other players.

And those other players accidentally spending Diamonds? I'm ok with that as well. Especially folk who do it a lot. After alll, when anyone complains about accidentally spending Diamonds I can advise them to turn on the confirmation to spend Diamonds. And if they still click through the confirmation and spend more Diamonds?

I'm OK with that, too.

I am not in favor of game changes, just because a player is not looking at what he is doing, or not willing to wait 5 seconds. Do you really need 5 seconds in a game, played over years? Will someone beat you if you do not put those buildings in fast enough?

Great post.

DeletedUser36819

The point of the proposal is NOT to outright remove the feature. I see it’s use and positive impact for Inno. The point of the proposal is to disable it from appearing when attempting to sell buildings. In my opinion, if someone is motioning to remove a building from their city, there should not be a possibility to spend a premium currency.

BruteForceAttack

The point of the proposal is NOT to outright remove the feature. I see it’s use and positive impact for Inno. The point of the proposal is to disable it from appearing when attempting to sell buildings. In my opinion, if someone is motioning to remove a building from their city, there should not be a possibility to spend a premium currency.

You are mixing up two different things. The diamond option for instant build and not delete. How will the game know that you are planning to delete? After you click delete there is no option spend diamonds.

Also make sure in settings you have checked Diamond use conformation, that way even if you accidentally click, you will get another popup.

Maybe make a new proposal that will return coins and supplies to city when you directly delete from inventory.