• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival 2019 Feedback

Emberguard

Not sure how I missed that.
Decided to look up the wiki to make sure I'm not mistaken, maybe you "missed" it because instead of 6 hrs it was 12 hrs (my bad!) whereas before that it was just the standard 24 hr. So last year was something inbetween this years and every other events norm

UBERhelp1

One thing that they really got right is rotating the prize every six hours. I think that's a huge improvement in the way the event is run.
I have to really disagree with you. I'd be fine with as low as 8 hours, but 6 hours is too short a period of time. Because of my schedule, I can only see two of the prizes every day, which means I'm missing out on literally 50% of prizes offered unless I want to wake up really early (like 2-3 hours early :(). And I know I'm not the only one. Sure, I got a complete set, but was waking up in the middle of the night to check the prize really worth it? No, it was not. But otherwise, I'd still be looking for set pieces and maybe not see them until the event was almost over.

DeletedUser

I have to really disagree with you. I'd be fine with as low as 8 hours, but 6 hours is too short a period of time. Because of my schedule, I can only see two of the prizes every day, which means I'm missing out on literally 50% of prizes offered unless I want to wake up really early (like 2-3 hours early :(). And I know I'm not the only one. Sure, I got a complete set, but was waking up in the middle of the night to check the prize really worth it? No, it was not. But otherwise, I'd still be looking for set pieces and maybe not see them until the event was almost over.
I have to agree with UBERhelp1 here. Six and eight hour cycles mean that unless you curtail your sleep in some way, you miss one cycle every day. I think they should stick with no less than 12 hour cycles for rotating prizes.

Super Catanian

Decided to look up the wiki to make sure I'm not mistaken, maybe you "missed" it because instead of 6 hrs it was 12 hrs (my bad!) whereas before that it was just the standard 24 hr. So last year was something inbetween this years and every other events norm
So from the looks of it, we’re going to have 4 hour cycles next year! :p

DeletedUser36558

I have seen the Masquerade Ball and Gondola Market which I understand were from last years Carnival. As this is my first Carnival, so far it is very boring and lousy. I have been participating in it but ONLY for something to do and nothing extra do I do like in the Forge Bowl or Winter Event or Summer Event (when I came onto to FOE).
The carnival needs much much better things to be able to get than 2 or 5 FP's or H of F or 150 to 700 medals. Forget the houses and stuff like that. Unless someone is just starting out, they do not need those. For Example, why require 700,000 medals when you only hand out 150 -700. That's useless. Those chest of 140 and 200 Florins should be 100,200,300, 400 & 500 Florins with much much better prizes as you buy the bigger chests. For example, the 500 florin chest should contain 100 FP's, 50 Goods, 20 or 50% Attacker, Mass Renovation Kit. Things like that - something useful to the player.

DeletedUser36624

I have to agree with UBERhelp1 here. Six and eight hour cycles mean that unless you curtail your sleep in some way, you miss one cycle every day. I think they should stick with no less than 12 hour cycles for rotating prizes.
That really depends on your time zone/sleep schedule. If you go sleep one hour before a changeover, and sleep eight hours, you'll get up one hour after a changeover and miss a cycle. But if you go to sleep two hours after a changeover, sleep eight hours, then you'll get up wake up two hours before the next changeover, and not miss any cycles. With eight hour cycles it's only a sleep problem if your sleep cycle coincides exactly with the cycle schedule.

DeletedUser

That really depends on your time zone/sleep schedule. If you go sleep one hour before a changeover, and sleep eight hours, you'll get up one hour after a changeover and miss a cycle. But if you go to sleep two hours after a changeover, sleep eight hours, then you'll get up wake up two hours before the next changeover, and not miss any cycles. With eight hour cycles it's only a sleep problem if your sleep cycle coincides exactly with the cycle schedule.
OR, if you don't get on FoE the second you get up in the morning AND the last thing you do at night.

RazorbackPirate

I have seen the Masquerade Ball and Gondola Market which I understand were from last years Carnival. As this is my first Carnival, so far it is very boring and lousy. I have been participating in it but ONLY for something to do and nothing extra do I do like in the Forge Bowl or Winter Event or Summer Event (when I came onto to FOE).
The carnival needs much much better things to be able to get than 2 or 5 FP's or H of F or 150 to 700 medals. Forget the houses and stuff like that. Unless someone is just starting out, they do not need those. For Example, why require 700,000 medals when you only hand out 150 -700. That's useless. Those chest of 140 and 200 Florins should be 100,200,300, 400 & 500 Florins with much much better prizes as you buy the bigger chests. For example, the 500 florin chest should contain 100 FP's, 50 Goods, 20 or 50% Attacker, Mass Renovation Kit. Things like that - something useful to the player.
Like every other event, the main item of value is the main prize, no different than the events you mention. Like those other events, the stuff in the chests / players / recipes / etc. is fluff. Just because you choose not to go after the main prize doesn't mean Inno owes you anything else of value if you choose not to go after what they have offered.

I also question all the distress over the Piazza Set. I'm not sure how needing to get a total of 8 set pieces and upgrades from chests is that different than needing 8 Colossus upgrades, but whatever.

DeletedUser36624

I also question all the distress over the Piazza Set. I'm not sure how needing to get a total of 8 set pieces and upgrades from chests is that different than needing 8 Colossus upgrades, but whatever.
The difference is that by following a certain strategy, you could 100% guarantee yourself a fully upgraded Colossus. There is no such strategy for the Piazza Set, and while you can try to put things as much in your favor as you can, the reality is that a fair number of people won't make it in spite of doing everything "right".

Graviton

Not to mention that the main prizes aren't being rotated through at the exact same time. If you miss a cycle, that prize will come up again in a different cycle next time. Gives you a chance to save your florins.

DeletedUser

Like every other event, the main item of value is the main prize, no different than the events you mention. Like those other events, the stuff in the chests / players / recipes / etc. is fluff. Just because you choose not to go after the main prize doesn't mean Inno owes you anything else of value if you choose not to go after what they have offered.

Actually, this event is quite different from most in regard to prizes. Most long events (and this is one of those) have a really good main prize and then other pretty decent, usually unique, prizes and then the "filler" prizes. Even if you don't get the full main prize, they can be very fruitful. Not this event. This event has a set for the main prize (which is already a drawback for many), very few halfway decent secondary prizes and then a whole lot of "filler" prizes. Period. No in-between. And even the halfway decent secondary prizes are rather low probability to win. So if you're not into sets, or you don't feel like wasting the time, effort and resources with no guarantee of even getting close to the fully upgraded set, then this event is a non-starter. Why bother with fulfilling quest after quest and then end up with a bunch of unattached units, useless buildings, marginally useful boosts, etc.?

RazorbackPirate

Actually, this event is quite different from most in regard to prizes. Most long events (and this is one of those) have a really good main prize and then other pretty decent, usually unique, prizes and then the "filler" prizes. Even if you don't get the full main prize, they can be very fruitful. Not this event. This event has a set for the main prize (which is already a drawback for many), very few halfway decent secondary prizes and then a whole lot of "filler" prizes. Period. No in-between. And even the halfway decent secondary prizes are rather low probability to win. So if you're not into sets, or you don't feel like wasting the time, effort and resources with no guarantee of even getting close to the fully upgraded set, then this event is a non-starter. Why bother with fulfilling quest after quest and then end up with a bunch of unattached units, useless buildings, marginally useful boosts, etc.?
So pretty much just like last year's Spring Event which everyone went gaga over? I get you don't like sets, but you are a rarity.

I recall only getting one complete level 1 set over 2 cities. Even then, it was only because I already had several pieces in inventory from previous DCs.

Yet Cherry Sets were the best thing ever, but the Piazza Set, with better level 2 stats than a level 2 Cherry Set sucks. Go figure.

DeletedUser36624

So pretty much just like last year's Spring Event which everyone went gaga over? I get you don't like sets, but you are a rarity.

I recall only getting one complete level 1 set over 2 cities. Even then, it was only because I already had several pieces in inventory from previous DCs.

Yet Cherry Sets were the best thing ever, but the Piazza Set, with better level 2 stats than a level 2 Cherry Set sucks. Go figure.
Why is any of this relevant? Find a person who went gaga over last year's Spring Event, and then said the Piazza Set sucks, and address your comments to them. In the meantime, if you're going to criticize what someone says, then make it criticism about what they actually said, and not nebulous handwaving about what other people said.

Me, I don't have a problem with sets. The Piazza Set is great, and if I manage to get enough pieces to make it pay off, I will definitely be putting it out. I just think that people should be aware that there is no guarantee about what they will get, and even a significant chance they will not end up with a full level 2 set. Doing without the fountain and clock tower upgrades doesn't degrade the set too much, but any more than that and it starts not being worth the space.

DeletedUser

So pretty much just like last year's Spring Event which everyone went gaga over?
No. Last year's Spring Event had pretty decent prizes that you got just by opening a number of chests. Not a % chance, an actual prize. SoK, RH, WW, Champ Retreat, FPs, Hall of Fame, etc. None of those are in any way guaranteed in this event.

- KQ -

I'll take 12 hours over 24 hours, but the 6 hour rotation rocks.

- KQ -

Me, I don't have a problem with sets. The Piazza Set is great, and if I manage to get enough pieces to make it pay off, I will definitely be putting it out. I just think that people should be aware that there is no guarantee about what they will get, and even a significant chance they will not end up with a full level 2 set. Doing without the fountain and clock tower upgrades doesn't degrade the set too much, but any more than that and it starts not being worth the space.

The basic set is better than a Terrace Farm in Forge Points plus other goodies. I replaced one of my Terrace Farms with a set and had a bit of space left over to add a Shrine of Knowledge. I grabbed an upgrade to the Piazza Home today and I'm even further to the good.

I don't have an issue with sets if they're worth the space. The addition of the ability to move them without restarting the timer is an added bonus.

- KQ -

You may miss one or two here and there, but they come around more often and that more than makes up for it in my opinion....Your mileage may vary ;)