• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival 2019 Feedback

Emberguard

SoK is the chest prize for the second time in the same day? 6 hours apart? Asinine.
Yeah, second time within 24 hrs. SoK, Mask Vendor, SoK. Was a surprise to me too. Not bothered by the prize it does mean more people are likely to be around at the correct time to get the SoK, just was expecting it to be further spread apart.

Not only that but the set piece before was the mask vendor, which everybody already has one of. :rolleyes:
Yeah and having only one is great... if you only want one set. Otherwise it's a good thing to have Masked Vendor as a prize every so often. Even if you don't it does mean you have more time to gather florins for the prizes you do want

DeletedUser36624

Yeah and having only one is great... if you only want one set. Otherwise it's a good thing to have Masked Vendor as a prize every so often.
I eagerly watch what the specials are, and I'm pretty sure this is the 3rd time the mask vendor has been offered. The upgrade has been offered twice. I will jump on any other set piece, because I have none of them yet.

cton2.forge

Our resident mathematician screwed up big time - it's not 2400 florins (on average) per set piece, its 20 gazillions. 5 set pieces total across three worlds over halfway through the questline and so 3 of those set pieces were on the questline. 20 gazillion

DeletedUser38138

I started to build two new cities during this event to see if I could get some of the piazza pieces. I have been stuck on Quest 15 (Defeat a small army) for three days in both cities because it requires army units that I have not researched yet.

It may take a week or two to go through researching to reach the army units I need just to defeat this army in Quest 15.

This event is definitely for higher IA and up. If you are in the Bronze Age and Early Iron Ages you don't have a chance of completing any of the quests. A good way to make new players frustrated and give up playing if they are participating in this event.

I got frustrated and used some of my stash of diamonds to try to defeat the army in Quest 15 but was shy of just one unit and was defeated. 150 diamonds wasted. So I can understand how frustration can lead to spending diamonds in this event for new players. I will not spend any more diamonds.

I may not finish the event in the two new cities I started. I won't spend anymore resources (diamonds, supplies, etc. on trying to defeat the army in Quest 15. But will use the lag time to build up my stash of supplies and coins and focus on the daily quests, so I will be ready when I reach the research need to defeat the army in Quest 15 if I don't run out of time.

Other than that, my main city is doing well with 6 of the 10 pieces from the event. Hoping to get a full set at level 2.

Good luck to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36624

This event is definitely for higher IA and up. If you are in the Bronze Age and Early Iron Ages you don't have a chance of completing any of the quests. A good way to make new players frustrated and give up playing if they are participating in this event.
Why would being in Bronze Age make it impossible to complete any of the quests? I have a little BA tester city that has completed several of the quests.

DeletedUser30312

I got the Cafe upgrade, that's one more upgrade to go, if I finish the quests and end in Bronze. All caught up on the quests, so I'm on track there, but I think I might shoot for an extra upgrade somewhere just to be safe, my ranking was pretty low in Bronze until I spent for this Upgrade.

While going for the upgrade, I got a selection with a gold chest 5 times in a row. Ugly.

DeletedUser36624

I've had Historian's chest versus Generalist's chest (both gold) twice. Definitely a "shoot me now" situation.

UBERhelp1

I feel your pain Roxana. All I need is that fountain and I'm set. Also if I get an upgrade after that then I can upgrade the fountain, but I don't really care. I don't need more happy or defense. Overall, a good event. Can be a little annoying, but once you get past that I find it to be quite enjoyable.

DeletedUser28147

I started to build two new cities during this event to see if I could get some of the piazza pieces. I have been stuck on Quest 15 (Defeat a small army) for three days in both cities because it requires army units that I have not researched yet.

It may take a week or two to go through researching to reach the army units I need just to defeat this army in Quest 15.

I got frustrated and used some of my stash of diamonds to try to defeat the army in Quest 15 but was shy of just one unit and was defeated. 150 diamonds wasted. So I can understand how frustration can lead to spending diamonds in this event for new players. I will not spend any more diamonds.

I may not finish the event in the two new cities I started. I won't spend anymore resources (diamonds, supplies, etc. on trying to defeat the army in Quest 15. But will use the lag time to build up my stash of supplies and coins and focus on the daily quests, so I will be ready when I reach the research need to defeat the army in Quest 15 if I don't run out of time.

Other than that, my main city is doing well with 6 of the 10 pieces from the event. Hoping to get a full set at level 2.

Good luck to everyone.
The key is to start the new age a week to two weeks before the start of an event, complete all tech tree branches except one, I usually leave an expansion or a decoration, whichever is available on the last section so that way you have everything unlocked, you just have to make sure you have all the military buildings built and unlocked so you have access to the necessary units needed as well as plenty of supply units built. Having access to the questline helps as well, which you can find on the wiki about a week before the event starts.

DeletedUser38138

Why would being in Bronze Age make it impossible to complete any of the quests? I have a little BA tester city that has completed several of the quests.

You can complete the quests but you will stall on quest 15 unless you want to spend some diamonds on the negotiation choice. You have to advance to Iron Age to overcome Quest 15 to finish the event. You can probably do it but it may take more than a week when you complete IA just to finish Quest 15.

You could lucky on the daily quests or GEs to get the necessary army and finish Quest 15 earlier.

Maybe some more advanced players have some feedback. I am just posting my feedback based on what I have experienced so far.

DeletedUser8891

This is the worst event I can remember since I started playing over 5 years ago.

You idiots made it way to hard to get pieces of the set. A bunch of people in my guild have only got 1 piece of the set so far.

The odds of getting a piece from the chests are way to low. I spent over 6000 florins trying to one of the pieces and did not get it.

The event is so screwed up the some players have decided to not play it or do any of the quests.

DeletedUser36624

You can complete the quests but you will stall on quest 15 unless you want to spend some diamonds on the negotiation choice. You have to advance to Iron Age to overcome Quest 15 to finish the event. You can probably do it but it may take more than a week when you complete IA just to finish Quest 15.

My little tester city is on quest 20 right now. I don't spend diamonds in my tester city. I most likely did the negotiation option since I have no barracks there. I have no recollection of anything being at all difficult. What is it about the army in question that makes it so horrible?

Emberguard

[1] Manual fight it. If auto is losing then Manual will give a far better chance.
[2] Typing. Assuming for the moment the enemy is 8 warriors. Use 6 warriors and 2 slingers. Fail? Fine, use 8 warriors, activate a tavern boost or a boost from your inventory to increase your attack by 10%. If your enemy has a different arrangement of units then change your own units to compensate. 8 spearfighters can take out most army compositions as long as there's not too many warriors

DeletedUser36624

[1] Manual fight it. If auto is losing then Manual will give a far better chance.
[2] Typing. Assuming for the moment the enemy is 8 warriors. Use 6 warriors and 2 slingers. Fail? Fine, use 8 warriors, activate a tavern boost or a boost from your inventory to increase your attack by 10%. If your enemy has a different arrangement of units then change your own units to compensate. 8 spearfighters can take out most army compositions as long as there's not too many warriors
It's a medium army which is two phase with 7-8 in the first and 3 in the second. It just doesn't seem to me that what's in BA could be any more terrible for BA troops than what is in IA is for IA troops.

DeletedUser38138

Also, if they don't work you can rebuild your army extremely fast.
My army is 8 soldiers.(IA). The highest army I have researched so far. The army I have to defeat is
2 Mounted Warriors
2 Legionnaires
2 Archers
2 Spearheaders

2nd Army to defeat is
2 Legionnaires
1 Horseman

The legionnaires is what I am having difficulty defeating.

I have also used 4 soldiers, 4 stone throwers.

So 8 soldiers with tavern boost.

I am in early IA so that might have changed the army I needed to defeat then if I stayed in BA. That was probably my mistake.

Any suggestions.

DeletedUser29726

4 soldiers 4 stone throwers should work.

1) on first turn create a barrier with your soldiers that the mounted warriors can't get past (hover over them to see their movement range). Use the stone throwers to take out the archers.
2) use the soldiers to kill the mounted warriors that just hit your soldiers. use the stone throwers to finish the archers if need be and start pinging other units.
3) use the soldiers to take out the spearfighters. use the stone throwers to clean up.

A tavern boost might help the stone throwers particularly take out the archers in 2 hits.

DeletedUser36624

The soldiers are light units, and the legionnaires heavies, and heavies get bonuses against light units, which is why you're having so much difficulty with them. The stone throwers are artillery units and they get bonuses against heavies. Pay attention to the matchups and what is getting bonuses against what.

If you were still in BA all the units would also be BA, and it would be pretty easy to deal with.