• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Athena-

This will be run as well as GVG, rather than as a replacement for GVG

I just don't understand how adding yet another component to this game is going to help with the problems you already have not just in GvG. It's a known fact that the game gets glitchy and slows down with the start of every event again not just in GvG. And I say this having a way better than very good desktop and connection. Incidents, Events, Tavern, Events, GE, Events, Settlements, Events, Guild Battlegrounds, and oh yeah Events...stop adding things until you fix what isn't working well to begin with.

And to address this statement...
"Code Base – Let’s simply say it’s complicated." Okay so hire some people who know how to code more complicated things.

DeletedUser37581

There are two ways to approach this.

1) Provide feedback on the new feature as announced. Because GBG is still in design, feedback can have an impact that will be harder to correct once it reaches Beta, and even harder to change once it reaches the live servers.

Several good points have been brought up so far. Some of those points could be stressed a little more by having more people support them (or even disagree with them). However, the good points are about GBG, not GvG.

2) Rant and complain. Tell Inno what they ought to be doing with GvG. Insist that Inno is making a big mistake and they will kill the game and lose every penny of revenue they ever had. Oh, and be sure to complain about this being a time waster or diamond waster.

While this may feel good, it will accomplish nothing and get you nowhere.

The choice of leaving feedback is yours. You can be a force for shaping GBG, or you can let others be that force.

DeletedUser

Ok this announcement spends a great deal of time telling us all that GVG will not be eliminated, only 5% of the players are involved, it will not be fixed. So why is it in this thread at all? Time, code etc makes fixing GVG impossible. And of course they don’t know how it is run because the person who invented it is gone.

Now the new exciting part of the game. Money from mobile players. Simple easy to understand. That’s fine because the approximately 128 players on the main world I play on who actually spend diamonds are paying for the game. More fools them. Of course if they didn’t pay then everyone would be charged. The playing field would be level. It is obvious that allowing some players to be elite with their credit cards is a better business model. In the end even with the help of their credit card there can be only 1 top player in each world, so they fight even harder and spend even more. Ego is a wonderful motivator.

DeletedUser22214

I think this is a good idea. I'm waiting to see implementation fully to see how it is in reality, but I like the concept

DeletedUser40355

This would dramatically benefit the guilds with more players and specifically the ones with more players who are active in GvG and limit the ability of smaller guilds or ones with fewer GvG players to participate effectively.

Agree. You’d need 16 people to take a sector if all da’s were filled. Everyone would just totally fill with da’s & never get their sectors taken. IMO that’d get boring fast as part of the fun in gvg is the battles. If they fixed recalc & allowed mobile I’m sure the number would go way up, but sounds like that’s a no go.

DeletedUser19991

I think it's another way for INNO to pick our pockets. 1. It's limited and the costs and rewards are not spelled out. 2. It's nothing to do with fixing or replacing GvsG so why lead with it as if it were? 3. Fix GvsG so everyone can play, open maps for the new ages and break the stranglehold of the larger guilds; That's what GvsG needs. Don't try to baffle us with BS instead. 4. Be responsible, repair what's been built, don't try to distract us with some new feature. 5. Be honest, if you want to launch a new feature to increase your profits, just present it. the market will decide

Raymora

I play FoE because it is a strategy game and pay almost no attention to GvG. GvG in this game involves no strategy other than accumulating enough people at the right time (usually reset), having enough goods, taking or releasing the best sector, and having high enough bonuses to use auto battle as fast as you can.

I completely disagree. If you play GvG like rock em sock em robots, your statement may be true.

One of the main reasons more people don't fight in GvG is they don't understand what move to make and why. The only way to teach it is to have them play along side the team in a setting where they can ask questions. Once they start to understand the rules of play, they can start to questions the planned moves.

I've played GvG in multiple guilds over 3 years. My current guild is 1st place for over a year and the main reason is that we have some of the few people who command the strategy of the game. I'm not one of those people. I'm an aimed weapon - Mongo Smash, but I appreciate the strategy required to win.

DeletedUser34480

Disclamer: I haven't read previous replies yet.

Some thoughts:
- No mobile version is a game-stopper for almost everyone in my guild. So, if new "version" is on mobile as well, you'd draw a lot of new players.
- I wish you give some details on this new addition. Without it, it's more speculation of what we'd like to see there and even is it worth revamping existing GvG.

DeletedUser40358

Let's begin with the truth. Inno doesn't really want to fix GvG.
So few play GvG because your mobile app doesn't allow them to participate.
GvG has it's problems because your company DOESN'T want to address the problems.

Inno's real problem is revenue growth. Their modus operandi is so easy, a caveman could do it.
Build in yet another guild required 'feature' - battleground.
Add more ridiculous events. Rinse and repeat.

RazorbackPirate

Disclamer: I haven't read previous replies yet.

Some thoughts:
- No mobile version is a game-stopper for almost everyone in my guild. So, if new "version" is on mobile as well, you'd draw a lot of new players.
- I wish you give some details on this new addition. Without it, it's more speculation of what we'd like to see there and even is it worth revamping existing GvG.
Read the announcement. The details are there.

Dax65

The information you've provided lacks depth and detail. I'm not sure what kind of feedback you hope to garner with screen shots and an overall view. I have seen a lot of people ask if this will replace the current system. Based on what you did say, it seems like we're getting a repackaged GE system. I don't feel that is the right move. I also feel like you are on the verge of disenfranchising a large population of your loyal fan base. My guild's overall partipation in GvG is about 15 to 20%.

Everything has a causality. I would ask you to consider that perhaps the 5% participation rate you're seeing is due lack of accessibility and the need for upgrades to the system. Simple things.. like..I don't know... like letting guilds set other guild's land holdings to different colours, like Red for enemies and Blue for allies. Simple things; creature comforts. I am certain you have a creative team that can look into these things. Make polls, ask for suggestions. Instead we're getting an endless stream of events every couple of months. While I understand from the business end it does generate revenue for you, but I think you ned to fix what you have before you go on. Answers like, "It's complicated" does not leave me with a lot of confidence.

If you're going to replace the current GvG system, I suspect you might not have a good reception. If this is in addition too the current GvG system, then I would ask you to also put development effort on improving what you have now. Start with creature comforts.

You have a good idea in this beautiful game. ---> GvG. Please do not cast it away in favour of what is easy and lucrative.
I completely agree!

DeletedUser6497

GvG is the only reason I play this game. Mobile only players should not count in your statistics. Your post regarding what you plan to do about the technical issues is vague but I get the impression you need to move GvG to a different platform. Understandable but will it have the same level of adrenaline that the current GvG has?

Liberty

First thoughts...
This is a cop out because you don't want to expend the effort to fix a couple of the existing problems in GvG and add maps for eras beyond FE. And that is a shame, because it used to be practically unplayable and you got it over that major hurdle. But, while you were doing that, you removed some things that kept it hopping. One of those things is when you removed the nightly damage against sectors against most rocks and water. That helped to discourage a guild from owning half the map in multiple eras, because they had to maintain racks for that era just so they could replenish their damaged defensive troops. Another thing is when you were trying to solve the problem of a guild member trying to harm a guild by releasing a ton of sectors and instated the 4 sectors/player constraint. It would be better if, among other things, you let the founder decide that limitation individually for each member of their guild. And since founders can delete the entire guild, it only makes sense that founders should be able to drop as many sectors in GvG per day as they want to. This helps small guilds the most. Because they don't have the numbers to drop sectors as do large guilds.

For those of us who play this game for GvG, having maps beyond FE is a HUGE deal. I have stayed in FE for YEARS, solely because it is the last era where the goods deposited in the Treasury by my Arc can be used to play GvG. I have played this game for a long time. Before great buildings and before GvG existed. GvG is where camaraderie is formed. Many of us who partake in this aspect of the game, meet with our guildmates in voice chat to plan the night's fight and while fighting. We enjoy the strategy and tactics needed to be successful. This is not at all the same as GE. Which by the way is boring. I do it, but it's like a chore I have to do. Not because I enjoy it. Keep in mind that people who play this game because of GvG, invest money in this game for event buildings that give them higher attack/defense and would cease doing so if Inno's goal is to turn this game into a glorified version of Sim City or FarmVille. GvG is what made it stand out from the rest. Please don't look over that fact.

It was also suggested once by someone else, but I guess it didn't get the required number of votes to be passed on. That suggestion was to clear the GvG maps every so often. Maybe every 6 mos. Of course, some of the large established guilds who hold a ton of sectors aren't going to like that, but since GvG is supposed to be war zone, it would increase the action and give small guilds, or just newer guilds, a better chance to get involved.

Finally, here is an idea for another GB that would benefit GvG players. Offer one where we are allowed to change the era for which our Arc generates goods. The new GB would have a dial that would allow us to say, for example, this next period, produce Modern goods and put them in the guild Treasury. For example, since I am in FE, instead of my Arc depositing FE goods in the Treasury each time I collect it, I could, through the proposed new GB, tell it to instead deposit Modern. This new GB could also apply to the other goods producing GBs in the city if desired. For example, St. Marks, Rainforest, Lighthouse, RAH... Obviously, the only goods that could be generated would be from your current era and below.

In summary, please reconsider further nerfing this wonderful game by continuing to attempt to phase out GvG. Instead, spend the time to make it better and available to more players. People enjoying the game and on it more hours per day, tend to spend more money on it. Software companies typically, instead of fixing a problem in their code, just add more bells & whistles, which basically adds 0 to the usefulness beyond what salesmen could use to snow people with. Be different. Fix the problems. Create more maps. It doesn't have to be perfect; just better. You have a very loyal following by some; it's up to you whether you drive us away.

Thank you.

Note: I also recommend you start including a panel of hard-core GvG players on your advisory board that you run by any proposed changes. These people, chosen well, should be able to see the ramifications of something you are thinking of doing and advising you of such, so that you could make a better choice if needed. Only real players know this. Not people who know how to code what happens when you press a button, but little about actual game play. Nor brand-new players who don't yet know the game and who aren't interested in investing the time to learn the ropes in GvG. It is this learning where camaraderie is built, relations are formed and money ends up being spent.

Last edited:

DeletedUser22214

First thoughts...
This is a cop out because you don't want to expend the effort to fix a couple of the existing problems in GvG and add maps for eras beyond FE. And that is a shame, because it used to be practically unplayable and you got it over that major hurdle. But, while you were doing that, you removed some things that kept it hopping. One of those things is when you removed the nightly damage against sectors against most rocks and water. That helped to discourage a guild from owning half the map in multiple eras, because they had to maintain racks for that era just so they could replenish their damaged defensive troops. Another thing is when you were trying to solve the problem of a guild member trying to harm a guild by releasing a ton of sectors and instated the 4 sectors/player constraint. It would be better if, among other things, you let the founder decide that limitation individually for each member of their guild. And since founders can delete the entire guild, it only makes sense that founders should be able to drop as many sectors in GvG per day as they want to.

For those of us who play this game for GvG, having maps beyond FE is a HUGE deal. I have stayed in FE for YEARS, solely because it is the last era where the goods deposited in the Treasury by my Arc can be used to play GvG. I have played this game for a long time. Before great buildings and before GvG existed. GvG is where camaraderie is formed. Many of us who partake in this aspect of the game, meet with our guildmates in voice chat to plan the night's fight and while fighting. We enjoy the strategy and tactics needed to be successful. This is not at all the same as GE. Which by the way is boring. I do it, but it's like a chore I have to do. Not because I enjoy it. Keep in mind that people who play this game because of GvG, invest money in this game for event buildings that give them higher attack/defense and would cease doing so if Inno's goal is to turn this game into a glorified version of Sim City or FarmVille. GvG is what made it stand out from the rest. Please don't look over that fact.

It was also suggested once by someone else, but I guess it didn't get the required number of votes to be passed on. That suggestion was to clear the GvG maps every so often. Maybe every 6 mos. Of course, some of the large established guilds who hold a ton of sectors aren't going to like that, but since GvG is supposed to be war zone, it would increase the action and give small guilds, or just newer guilds, a better chance to get involved.

Finally, here is an idea for another GB that would benefit GvG players. Offer one where we are allowed to change the era for which our Arc generates goods. The new GB would have a dial that would allow us to say, for example, this next period, produce Modern goods and put them in the guild Treasury. For example, since I am in FE, instead of my Arc depositing FE goods in the Treasury each time I collect it, I could, through the proposed new GB, tell it to instead deposit Modern. This new GB could also apply to the other goods producing GBs in the city if desired. For example, St. Marks, Rainforest, Lighthouse, RAH... Obviously, the only goods that could be generated would be from your current era and below.

In summary, please reconsider further nerfing this wonderful game by continuing to attempt to phase out GvG. Instead, spend the time to make it better and available to more players. People enjoying the game and on it more hours per day, tend to spend more money on it. Software companies typically, instead of fixing a problem in their code, just add more bells & whistles, which basically adds 0 to the usefulness beyond what salesmen could use to snow people with. Be different. Fix the problems. Create more maps. It doesn't have to be perfect; just better. You have a very loyal following by some; it's up to you whether you drive us away.

Thank you.

Note: I also recommend you start including a panel of hard-core GvG players on your advisory board that you run by any proposed changes. These people, chosen well, should be able to see the ramifications of something you are thinking of doing and advising you of such, so that you could make a better choice if needed. Only real players know this. Not people who know how to code what happens when you press a button, but little about actual game play. Nor brand-new players who don't yet know the game and who aren't interested in investing the time to learn the ropes in GvG. It is this learning where camaraderie is built, relations are formed and money ends up being spent.

It may be a cop out or may be a way to clear the path with a new system and to get new people involved. Since it wasn't released and we don't really know how it works we won't know which it is until it is released

IngeJones

However the new system works I wouldn't like to lose the collaborative aspect with the Guild. GvG is currently the one system where we can see the guild members talking to one another and getting to know each other, due to the strategies involved. So the new system while allowing everyone to participate in their own time zones should include enough different approaches to the goal that the guild do need to discuss it a bit and cooperate

Liberty

It may be a cop out or may be a way to clear the path with a new system and to get new people involved. Since it wasn't released and we don't really know how it works we won't know which it is until it is released

And that way would be to make GvG available to mobile players; not to replace it with a GE2.

DeletedUser39048

The ability to play other areas in Forge is very exciting...but I simply do not play the gvg format. It is too complicated. I don't know how to play, how to win., what the other guilds are doing, in fact anything bout it. I only know that the 2 times I've played I lost 16 troops. Then I moved on and ignore it.

Liberty

The ability to play other areas in Forge is very exciting...but I simply do not play the gvg format. It is too complicated. I don't know how to play, how to win., what the other guilds are doing, in fact anything bout it. I only know that the 2 times I've played I lost 16 troops. Then I moved on and ignore it.
You say you want to play other areas, but don't seem interested in learning how to do that. Many guilds would be willing to show you, if you were interested in learning and helping. To each their own though. You always have GE.

Liberty

Have you participated in those before, RockCrusher? I have. They are more about telling us what is going to happen and very little about input.

Status
Not open for further replies.