• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Who actually buys attemps for medals in GE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODragon

I also use it to maximize the amount of encounters while I have a tavern boost running. Stupid I know since I have so many tavern coins also!

DeletedUser4441

It does get exponentially more expensive the more turns you buy. You can easily drop 8-9 million medals on a single GE week if your not aware of this.

DeletedUser18564

I wouldn't say it's a bad habit, just don't do it too much. I try to limit myself to one full bar worth of medals a week so it doesn't become a drain

Houston Don

As the title states, I am wondering whether I should get into this habit...
Once you've bought all the medal expansions, there is no point in hording them other than to use in GE. Plus, being in an undefeated guild in GE, there will be times when you have to finish quickly to fend off the latest challenger, part of the team effort is to retain the record (at this point in FoE, how many guilds still have a perfect record other than brand new guilds-darn few).

DeletedUser39682

I buy turns but only a few since my cities are pretty young still. Haven't even bought any 4k expansions yet.

I'm pretty sure I'm not maximizing anything but I'm not caring about that at this point

DeletedUser40477

Pre-level 80 Arc and a baby tavern:
I used to buy a few each week when I was negotiating with the 15 minute tavern boost. I would use this to maximize my tavern silver spent when 1500 tavern silver was still a big deal to me. Getting 10-12 negotiations out of one 15 minute boost was worth it.

Post-level 80 Arc/finished tavern and essentially unlimited medals.
I still buy them when I'm manually fighting some fights when I have the time to play. If I get bad terrain I simply quit and do a reset. Saves a lot on troops if you don't feel "forced" to take on a bad map terrain on due to timer constraining you.

DeletedUser37765

As the title states, I am wondering whether I should get into this habit...
I typically buy medals when the GE opponent is actually competitive. If they're catching up with us and we really have to pick up the pace, we rush by buying attempts with medals. If it's a serious GE opponent, and needs to be rushed asap, then buy attempts with medals, unless of course, you win them through the ge chest rewards.

*Arturis*

I do it every week ever since GE in the game to finish GE in 15 minutes , just a bad habit. It is kinda fun to finish it before we know who we are fighting with lol. It’s minimal compared to the number I donated to my guild for AA map fighting, should be 1B+ so far.

qaccy

I don't see a point to it. Even with nothing else to spend medals on, there's plenty of time for me to finish GE using the freely generated attempts during the week.

DeletedUser40495

I don't see a point to it. Even with nothing else to spend medals on, there's plenty of time for me to finish GE using the freely generated attempts during the week.
Well when all expansions are purchased and there is nothing else to spend medals on, why not?

I mean, finishing GE in 15 or so minutes is pretty convenient... especially for people with lots of real life commitments throughout the week.

qaccy

@22prentwil I'll admit, 'Why not?' is just as valid a question as 'Why?' It doesn't make much difference either way in the long run. I'm someone who doesn't need to finish GE in 15 minutes, so although I could spend the medals to do so, there's no reason for me to do it. That being said, GE's a pretty easy way for me to fulfill my Himeji Castle attempts each day so it actually does benefit me to take it slow rather than blast through everything in one sitting.

DeletedUser40495

@22prentwil I'll admit, 'Why not?' is just as valid a question as 'Why?' It doesn't make much difference either way in the long run. I'm someone who doesn't need to finish GE in 15 minutes, so although I could spend the medals to do so, there's no reason for me to do it. That being said, GE's a pretty easy way for me to fulfill my Himeji Castle attempts each day so it actually does benefit me to take it slow rather than blast through everything in one sitting.
I never said there was a problem with the way you do it - in fact I hardly ever spend medals in GE myself so I would know ;). No need to be defensive. I was simply stating that for some people it’s just more convenient to finish it all at once. And if there isn’t anything else to spend medals on, why not spend them in GE if that works for their strategy?

DeletedUser37765

where else does one spend medals considering youve bought all the expansions...

qaccy

@22prentwil You quoted me, so I replied. I found it interesting that nobody had posted before me saying they don't see a point in buying extra attempts, so I figured I'd share my thoughts. Plenty of posts here already talking about why they do so, so there wasn't really a reason to point it out yourself either.

DeletedUser40495

@quaccy, I quoted you because your quote brought the strategy of others into question. You said:
I don't see a point to it.
If you don’t see something, someone will show you ;)

Not that I’m trying to change your opinion, simply responding with some healthy reasoning to a post with a lack of it. Just because YOU don’t see a reason, doesn’t mean that everyone else feels the same ;)

I simply stated the legitimate reasons why people buy medals in GE. Not a problem with the way you do it, I was simply reinforcing the idea that for some, purchasing medals makes sense. And your post simply said that you don’t see a point to it. No reasoning at all, besides the fact that you can finish without spending medals (which everyone already takes into consideration), so naturally you can expect some constructive criticism (not that mine was directed at your strategy itself). If you have a problem with the way other people do things and cannot accept any constructive criticism, then well, you may want to find another game to play.

They sell candy land at almost every store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.