• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

mamboking053

I appreciate the fact that Inno put a one-shot daily special like Reno kits toward the end of the event this time so I can grab as many as possible.

Zatrikon

Two worlds, no diamonds spent.
One world: One complete Librarian Package, Level 8 Asylum so far.
Other world: Level 7 Asylum so far, still haven't found that #$%^@& Gold Book!

DeletedUser15974

Why would I get two levels one Asylums before I get the eight upgrades for the full asylum? I have seven asylum upgrades only getting me to level 8. Then the next reward is another lvl 1? I would think you would get all the upgrades needed to complete a building before a chance to build another asylum.

UBERhelp1

Why would I get two levels one Asylums before I get the eight upgrades for the full asylum? I have seven asylum upgrades only getting me to level 8. Then the next reward is another lvl 1? I would think you would get all the upgrades needed to complete a building before a chance to build another asylum.
You will. Complete the questline.

Also, I was able to get an Asylum a few days ago after getting lucky with 2 librarian rewards :)

Godly Luke

File a support ticket, and you'll want to do it ASAP so they can get you fixed in time. Right click in the game and it's there as a link.

Edit: If inno does this again next year, and I hope they do, a suggestion on the book quests would be to add an indicator to know if one is running. I keep clicking on them indiscriminately to start what I can.

Edit2: Book counts seem to be bugged, not showing proper amount of times completed.
And, a portrait selection kit instead of random portraits!

SeamusRex

We are down to the last few days and I'm still missing books. For the level of the prizes you get this shouldn't be this difficult. If Inno's plan is to make this game more Pay-to-Win, then they're doing a good job.
Seriously, guys, the story quest is nice and simple, the book quests are fun and yield abundant, if not low level, prizes, but finding books is ridiculous.

(also, to date I've found only 1 avatar. Why are they so scarce as well?)

saknika

UGH, the longer this event goes on without finding the last two books I need for a complete set, the more irritated, angry, and frustrated I get. I have a full asylum set, so at this point I just want a pretty Halloween avatar. Is that so much to ask for!? The fact that the books, whose prizes are G-A-R-B-A-G-E (I mean seriously, they don't sell for crap at the antique dealer) but are SO EXPENSIVE to obtain (I have definitely spent millions of coins and supplies at this point) for... 20 candy? It's ridiculous.

I mean, this is what I'm personally looking at right now:
Common Book 1: Found 12, completed 5
Common Book 2: Found 4, completed 3
Common Book 3: Found 6, completed 4
Common Book 4: Found 5, completed 3
Silver Book 1: Yet to Find
Silver Book 2: Yet to Find
Silver Book 3: Found 2, completed 1
Gold Book: Found 1, completed 1

So I've found 30 books, but I can't seem to get a full set? It's massively frustrating, because at best I'll get 600 candies if I complete them all... but how many millions of coins and supplies will that cost? Probably around 15mil of each at least based on what the cost is in my era. That's something I really have to consider, because the implications of that can be a ripple effect on the rest of my game needs. And all that will get me is ONE extra run with the big supply package.

I'd have loved to get The Countess portrait too, but alas, I've also found one whole portrait and it's Frank.

I love the mechanic of searching a maze and clearing stuff to work on getting upgrades (at least I have SOME control and it's not totally luck based), but the frustration over the books is really killing this event for me.

Many of you are probably going to say "well what does an avatar matter" or "no need to get so worked up over a game" or similar, but you can kindly keep that opinion to yourself. At the end of the day I have been playing this game for almost four years, and sometimes it's the simple things (like avatar variety) that makes a person happy (especially when your city is established enough that the daily prizes, book rewards, and similar aren't exciting anymore). And avatars, having no bearing whatsoever on the strategy of the game makes me feel like they should be EASIER to obtain, not this maddening frustration that I'm encountering.

Not to mention if someone were new to this mechanic and didn't realize that chasing pumpkins meant you wouldn't get the fully upgraded asylum, then that Librarian reward could be what they need to turn it all around and still succeed. So it's like only a portion of the players are getting a definite strategic advantage, that the other players aren't. That's like playing favorites, and it NEVER sits well. Or the players who are really good could get extra of something because of that reward.

Overall I'm just utterly disgusted with the whole book thing. I think it was implemented in a terrible way and is truly sucking a lot of the fun out of the event.

EDIT: I want to add in too, that it's also massively vexxing to know there are players out there who have found two or more full sets of books, and yet a huge portion of us cannot even get one full set. What's up with that!?

Last edited:

DeletedUser30312

Yeah, I'm less than happy about the books, but I have enough upgrades for the level 9 Asylum and i don't really care too much about the avatar, so it doesn't matter too much. I've completed each of the 7 books besides the gold at least once on my main, so it's a little annoying the gold hasn't shown up. Doing 7 of the book questlines at once is a bit much as well. The books aren't a bad idea, but I'd rather see fewer of them and less dependency on RNG to get the whole set.

DeletedUser40996

Maybe because you already have them

We are down to the last few days and I'm still missing books. For the level of the prizes you get this shouldn't be this difficult. If Inno's plan is to make this game more Pay-to-Win, then they're doing a good job.

You shouldn't need the librarian reward to get a max asylum so the difficulty in getting a full set is a moot point . besides the rewards aren't really that great (Except maybe the gold book)

saknika

Maybe because you already have them

You shouldn't need the librarian reward to get a max asylum so the difficulty in getting a full set is a moot point . besides the rewards aren't really that great (Except maybe the gold book)
Nope, I don't already have them. The past couple of years I was so busy over the course of the Halloween event I didn't finish and didn't earn the avatars, and I don't have the ones from the years before I was playing. So it's definitely not that. I wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise.

And no, in theory you won't need the librarian reward, but I remember the archaeology event and chasing the vases (mistakenly) at first for the daily prize before I realized the error of this, and coming up short to get the final prize. I ended up spending some diamonds I had saved from GE to make it through that one. So yes, you ABSOLUTELY can screw it up if you don't realize that you have to ignore the pumpkins at first, and the librarian reward could be the difference between making it and not making it without diamonds.

Also... other people have gotten full sets 2x or 3x... why can't some of us even get one full set? :\

DeletedUser6120

I am really enjoying the Halloween event! I approve completely of the "archaeology" type that the game has taken, it is very entertaining and interesting. I love the special event buildings, and loved not only the Abandoned Asylum, but loved getting the chance to win The Black Tower, the Dark Doorway, etc. I have a whole Halloween town section of my cities. This is a marvelous idea, and they should do this kind of thing more often in special events.

Unfortunately I do have a couple of things that are frustrating me. The extra quest line of finding the books is, again, interesting. My biggest interest in getting the "Library Reward" is to get that terrific Halloween avatar. I have been playing the game regularly, every day, and have gotten a long way into the deserted library. I have collected multiple copies of each book---seriously, I have 9 copies of one book, 12 copies of another-----but I have not yet been able to get the Golden Book, which is what I need to complete the set and get the Library avatar! This is just so frustrating! I don't think I have much chance of getting that "devil priest" avatar, considering that my library does not seem to have a copy of the Golden book.

Speaking of avatars, I really, really loved the two avatars that were featured for this year: the "death couple"--- scary, spooky, but also very attractive! However, we were told that we would have a chance to get some of the other Halloween avatars from previous years, but while I have been playing enthusiastically (and yes, I have even spent diamonds for extra chances) I have not run into a single avatar in the library----not one, not in either of my cities. Frankly I could have done with fewer pumpkins and more avatars. How about giving us a way to get other avatars that is not just a matter of blind chance---like with a separate quest line that lets us work to get the avatars we want.

At any rate, I want to wish everyone a safe and Happy Halloween!

DeletedUser32973

Does anyone know the average amount of diamonds you can expect to spend in trying to get a second Asylum? I'm considering getting a second, but if it takes more than my stock it'll be a huge waste.

saknika

Does anyone know the average amount of diamonds you can expect to spend in trying to get a second Asylum? I'm considering getting a second, but if it takes more than my stock it'll be a huge waste.
Assuming it takes 2 sets of large tool packages to get one upgrade, and knowing you'll need 9 (base building + 8 upgrades), and looking at the package for 500 candies being the most efficient... that'd be 15 purchases of those candies or almost 30k in diamonds. That's just an estimate though, I don't know for sure what it'd cost.

DeletedUser32973

Assuming it takes 2 sets of large tool packages to get one upgrade, and knowing you'll need 9 (base building + 8 upgrades), and looking at the package for 500 candies being the most efficient... that'd be 15 purchases of those candies or almost 30k in diamonds. That's just an estimate though, I don't know for sure what it'd cost.

That was similar to my estimate. It's also assuming I wouldn't ever complete a set of books...which as this rate I'd rather not risk it.

DeletedUser41155

I am finding this Quest line EXTREMELY Frustrating for Late Middle Age. The Supply demand on alot of the quests are VERY high. Also its Frustrating if you go from the Prior AGE into the next age right before an EVENT due to the armies you end up having to face and not having even unlocked those Research yet. To me it seems that events aren't really geared towards people in lower ages at all.

DeletedUser6120

Seriously, guys, the story quest is nice and simple, the book quests are fun and yield abundant, if not low level, prizes, but finding books is ridiculous.

With me, I found plenty of books, but all multiple copies of the same ones. I have not been able to get the Golden Book, which I need to finish the set, it is very frustrating.

And I have to agree about the avatars---I have been playing regularly, every day, and I have found exactly ONE avatar, in the entire time I have been playing in both of my cities. I could have done with fewer pumpkins and more avatars.

DeletedUser8428

With me, I found plenty of books, but all multiple copies of the same ones. I have not been able to get the Golden Book, which I need to finish the set, it is very frustrating.

And I have to agree about the avatars---I have been playing regularly, every day, and I have found exactly ONE avatar, in the entire time I have been playing in both of my cities. I could have done with fewer pumpkins and more avatars.
I'm confused - pumpkins contain rewards. You'd rather have an avatar than stuff that's useful?

Algona

I am finding this Quest line EXTREMELY Frustrating for Late Middle Age. The Supply demand on alot of the quests are VERY high. Also its Frustrating if you go from the Prior AGE into the next age right before an EVENT due to the armies you end up having to face and not having even unlocked those Research yet. To me it seems that events aren't really geared towards people in lower ages at all.

My Iron Age city is having no problems, so it's not the Era of the city, the key is preparation.

Moving up ERA during an Event or right before an Event is tricky, especially if you have not stockpiled Resources.

You'll almost certainly need a lot of Coins, Supplies, Goods of the new Era by trading up or buying, and the abillty to research and place Troops Barracks of the new Era immediately.

That;s a lot to do just before or during an Event.

Better to have done that sort of preparation well in advance, or better yet, wait until just after an Event to move up in Era. Save the last upgrade of the main prize for after you move up.

ODragon

My Iron Age is all kinds of problems because even though I did what @Algona said, problem was that I did that at the end of the Summer event. I leveled up then and now, not enough BA goods for everything, even with an L10 Zeus, lose way too many troops, it is frustrating. Don't get me wrong, this is a diamond world so i don't care what I end up with (at L8 already place so 9 should be easy). The real issue is the lack of BA goods. No one has them on the market (not true, someone has IA = BA goods, I won't trade like that) and no one seems to take the ones I put up. I should have left it as a BA crows nest just for the goods. The single sunken treasure isn't helping enough. I may just pull out of my GE guild since I can't do both the event and the GE negotiations.

These big events take up so much of the year, it is almost hard to keep up with them. I feel like previously, they were a little shorter with the storyline event mixed in. They weren't so much of a must do so it was easier to just skip those.