• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

mamboking053

My Iron Age is all kinds of problems because even though I did what @Algona said, problem was that I did that at the end of the Summer event. I leveled up then and now, not enough BA goods for everything, even with an L10 Zeus, lose way too many troops, it is frustrating. Don't get me wrong, this is a diamond world so i don't care what I end up with (at L8 already place so 9 should be easy). The real issue is the lack of BA goods. No one has them on the market (not true, someone has IA = BA goods, I won't trade like that) and no one seems to take the ones I put up. I should have left it as a BA crows nest just for the goods. The single sunken treasure isn't helping enough. I may just pull out of my GE guild since I can't do both the event and the GE negotiations.

These big events take up so much of the year, it is almost hard to keep up with them. I feel like previously, they were a little shorter with the storyline event mixed in. They weren't so much of a must do so it was easier to just skip those.

Yeah, I remembered when I started a new city, getting enough BA goods is hard. I don't think they'll change anything, though. A player will not even get many of the games features in BA, so I think it is considered a tutorial age- something you're not supposed to spend a lot of time in.

ODragon

Yeah, I remembered when I started a new city, getting enough BA goods is hard. I don't think they'll change anything, though. A player will not even get many of the games features in BA, so I think it is considered a tutorial age- something you're not supposed to spend a lot of time in.

I agree, I'm more just saying that these lower ages you are supposed to speed through (relatively), can cause issues with events like this.

DeletedUser28147

Books found so far:
6 4 3 6
2 1 3 0
Where the hell is the Gold Book?
My ratios are a little different but I would like to know the same thing. I don't think I'm going to be able to get a completely leveled up event building even if I find it but it would increase my odds.

DeletedUser20675

3 worlds C,D,X...Never have I done so many quest for nothing. Spent countless hours daily doing Gzillion quest and now with 6 days left I have calculated that there is no way to get 60 potions in the time left.I will not get a single military boost, without using diamonds and even then I wouldn't know how many. I thought the idea was to get rewards without having to buy diamonds. Time spent, Quested out for nothing. WORST EVER !!!!!!!!!

UBERhelp1

3 worlds C,D,X...Never have I done so many quest for nothing. Spent countless hours daily doing Gzillion quest and now with 6 days left I have calculated that there is no way to get 60 potions in the time left.I will not get a single military boost, without using diamonds and even then I wouldn't know how many. I thought the idea was to get rewards without having to buy diamonds. Time spent, Quested out for nothing. WORST EVER !!!!!!!!!
Did you go for pumpkins or vials? Or did you do book quests? Did you buy only the large tools package?

DeletedUser37581

Did you go for pumpkins or vials? Or did you do book quests? Did you buy only the large tools package?
I went for every pumpkin, vial and tool. I made sure every cobweb was lit so that I didn't miss a single item. I haven't done any book quests at all yet. I bought only the large tool sets. With the final quest, I will have a level 9 Abandoned Asylum.

DeletedUser6120

I'm confused - pumpkins contain rewards. You'd rather have an avatar than stuff that's useful?

Absolutely! you have to realize, my city is fairly advanced. The prizes that the pumpkins have are mostly things that are not of that valuable to an advanced city. I already produce them all. Forge points? my city produces over a hundred every day. Military units? I produce them. Supplies and coins? I have millions. Supply or coin rush? not that valuable. The only real valuable items are things like Renovation kits or One Up kits, or the Special Event buildings from previous years. I have gotten a couple of the Halloween event buildings and I am really happy about that. But I am really, really short of Halloween avatars, so I would have liked to have gotten more of them. It all depends on what you find the most valuable to you.

DeletedUser6120

Books found so far:
6 4 3 6
2 1 3 0
Where the hell is the Gold Book?

Absolutely! In my other city, I am the leader of my guild, and NOT ONE of our members has found a Golden Book, even though we have all found multiple copies---sometimes many multiple copies----of all the other books! I would not care except that the "death priest" avatar is only rewarded if you get the Golden Book to finish the set. Why can't they award that avatar when you finish the main quest line?

Emberguard

@AyeMatey you should still be able to participate in GE with less then 3 members if you were Iron Age before the GE started for the week. It’s the championship you wouldn’t be participating in which has no effect on GE other then how many crowns the guild obtains

DeletedUser43081

You will be able to work on solving all the Librarian and Death Druid’s quests until the 5th of November. Good Luck!

Should you have any comments or questions, please let us know! We're looking forward for your feedback here :)

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
box numbers 2,5,6,11

Emberguard

Come on high-level players, trade with us!
If your guild can't help then you might want to contact the highest players in your hood or the highest players in the ranking for your world and ask for help with trades (even if it means buying goods with FP). The more event buildings players are able to obtain the less demand there will be on the market for trading due to not needing to stock up on the boosted goods so much.

Wish the quests would not say to donate goods to the treasury. With your new city, you start out with only BA goods to trade. Your guild's treasury will not accept BA goods
That is true. However when I start a new game (regardless of which game it is) I don't expect to win my first major hurdle. I expect it to be teaching me how to succeed for future fights.

It's unfortunate BA is the most restrictive age to be in when trying to complete an event. It would be wonderful if Bronze Age had a mock treasury and way of getting fights (aside from continent map) for completing event quests. But hopefully you've gained enough from this one to lay the foundation to complete your next event.

Super Catanian

I loved the Event and the mechanic with the Books. Tiring, but I was able to afford it.
One suggestion I have is just for a new Building. The Lost Library keeps being mentioned in the quests, ever since last year. I think it would be pretty cool if it could be made into an actual Building for a future Halloween Event.

DeletedUser28147

Liked the event overall but I was a little disappointed with how the books were layed out, 1 quest to go and still no golden book. Looks like I won't be getting a fully leveled up event building this go around. And I tried not to pick up to many pumpkins. Guess I focused to much on uncovering dark spots.

Zatrikon

Books found so far:
6 5 4 7
2 1 4 0
Still no Gold Book,with a day and a half to go. Even if I find one, will there be enough time to complete its quests? Probably not, given that I'm now out of candy and tools. (Well, I've got enough candy to buy one or two sticks.)

I like the concept of the books in general, but it there's going to be a reward for collecting them all, the "random" drops need to be tweaked just enough to make sure that at least one of each can actually be found, and completed in time.

GeekGoddess

I enjoyed the event. Although I was a little disappointed that I wasn't able to get the cool Death Druid avatar ... I never saw the 2nd silver or the gold book, but got tons of the common books. And like several others have commented, I only saw one other previous event avatar in the library.

Triopoly Champion

I enjoyed the event. Although I was a little disappointed that I wasn't able to get the cool Death Druid avatar ... I never saw the 2nd silver or the gold book, but got tons of the common books. And like several others have commented, I only saw one other previous event avatar in the library.
If there were some book selection kits available, then the difficulty seems to be more reasonable, I got 1 Death Druid Avatar in 1 of my worlds which is great enough, lucky to barely have 1 Gold Book and 1 Silver Book on the lower count.

Algona

All in all a top notch Event with another fine Final Prize, good Daily Prizes, a fun Event game, and the addition of the Books subgame.

The Book Quests were a neat addition, farming enough Books even without getting the Librarian Reward enabled chasing Pumpkins and still getting the lvl 9 Asylum.

I saw two chief complaints, both centered around the Books. Difficulty finding the complete set if books. Resource Costs of the Book Quests. Personally I don't see either as problematic, I'm just noting that some folk had those complaints.

I was surprised there was not a third complaint about the value of the final Book Quest Rewards I was wrong on expecting that. (No. I didn't think they needed to be more valuable, I just expected to see some complaints about that, maybe I missed them?) INNO judged that right.

Job well done. thank you INNO!