• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Newbie confusion on winter train

Jude the Generous

I have been working on my winter train. I have it to level 4 with 2 cars. But I just won another level 1 train? I am confused. Why not a level up first? I don’t have room for a 2nd train. Does it just sit in my inventory? Are there options to sell or trade it? Looking for some advice from friendly people. Thank you!

barra370804

I have been working on my winter train. I have it to level 4 with 2 cars. But I just won another level 1 train? I am confused. Why not a level up first? I don’t have room for a 2nd train. Does it just sit in my inventory? Are there options to sell or trade it? Looking for some advice from friendly people. Thank you!
Sell it in the Antiques Dealer

RazorbackPirate

Since WT upgrades can come with the reindeer, the second level 1 train showed up earlier than before. You may not be able to use it now, but you may be able to use it later. If you buy the reindeer, you may also end up with a few extra upgrades for it as well. As we've seen with recent events, we'll likely get the chance at more upgrades and cars next year and sooner or later, they will end up in the AD.

You may not have room for it now, but your city will grow. You can let it sit in inventory or you can sell it to the AD. Just keep in mind anything you sell to the AD will be much harder to get again later on. For instance, let's say you end up with an extra level 1 WT and 2 WT upgrades in inventory. that gives you a level 3 WT sitting in inventory, leaving only 6 more WT upgrades needed for a second level 9.

Let's say sometime between now and next year you decide to sell them to the AD. Next year when the WT shows up again, you'll need to chase down and acquire 3 extra WT items if you want a second train. Having to chase those 3 extra items means you miss out on what? Who knows?

DeletedUser38988

You said in the opening statement.... buying reindeer? You mean pay money to buy diamonds to buy reindeer?

UBERhelp1

You said in the opening statement.... buying reindeer? You mean pay money to buy diamonds to buy reindeer?
You don't have to pay money to get diamonds. You can get them for free by playing the game. And pretty quickly as well! Do GE64 and GBG regularly and you will get a pretty steady income, and you can even set up WW farms to generate even more diamonds.

DeletedUser40996

Since WT upgrades can come with the reindeer, the second level 1 train showed up earlier than before. You may not be able to use it now, but you may be able to use it later. If you buy the reindeer, you may also end up with a few extra upgrades for it as well. As we've seen with recent events, we'll likely get the chance at more upgrades and cars next year and sooner or later, they will end up in the AD.

You may not have room for it now, but your city will grow. You can let it sit in inventory or you can sell it to the AD. Just keep in mind anything you sell to the AD will be much harder to get again later on. For instance, let's say you end up with an extra level 1 WT and 2 WT upgrades in inventory. that gives you a level 3 WT sitting in inventory, leaving only 6 more WT upgrades needed for a second level 9.

Let's say sometime between now and next year you decide to sell them to the AD. Next year when the WT shows up again, you'll need to chase down and acquire 3 extra WT items if you want a second train. Having to chase those 3 extra items means you miss out on what? Who knows?
Exactly . I already have 1 charcoal express in my main city because of there being an upgrade in the Reindeer package so any others I get from here to end of event is gravy and will make it easier in 12 months to max a second train .

DeletedUser

Huh? I don't see any mention of the reindeer or buying anything in the OP's opening statement.
She was responding to @RazorbackPirate's post directly above hers.
Technically you get the reindeer free. You have to use Diamonds to pay for the prizes uncovered by the reindeer. (Don't know how else to put that.) You can use money to buy Diamonds, or you can get them through playing the game as @UBERhelp1 said.

DeletedUser40996

can anyone pls tell me how you build the winter train ...as i have a few cars that i have won but no train
How can you not have a train since you get a level 1 after you do the first few quests ( check in your inventory )

indy the cruel

Agent's response is actually a clever and accurate answer. Just a bit cryptic.

Until you place the locomotive you can't place the cars.
wow ...you guys are something else...pls read original question..."can you pls tell me how to build train"...as i dont need a "cryptic" msg on how i dont get the rewards without the loco...i need to know how to get loco...thx anyway ..i really thought i could get help here ...not just a bunch of freakin sarcasm

DeletedUser40996

thank you malice ...however ,i have 2x upgrade kit,freight car and a sleeping car ..but no locomotive...
Make sure you've claimed all your event rewards . Winter Train lvl 1 was rewarded after 5 quests completed

indy the cruel

Make sure you've claimed all your event rewards . Winter Train lvl 1 was rewarded after 5 quests completed
thank you very much ...now that makes sense...i think i figured out what i need to do .....its the event quests i need ,for the train ..not story quest....you were a big help thx m8 ...merry christmas to ya ..cheers

Gridley

If I have a Winter Train of one age and Freight Cars of a different age, will the goods produced be of both ages or just the age of the Winter Train?