• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How often are name changes given out?

Super Catanian

As far as I know, only once. Support will only change your name if it was one automatically generated by the game. If you had chosen your own nickname, you don't get a nickname change, unless it contained personally identifying information, such as phone numbers, email addresses, full names, etc., etc.

Say hi to your "friend" for me. Actually, I'll do it.

Hi there! ;)

Godly Luke

I like your name, why you no like your name?
Well, there are two main reasons. One being the world godly. Now I am a believer in God, it's not that part that concerns me, rather what I thought it meant at the time (As good as a god). And secondly, it shows my actual name, which I would rather not have on the internet (edit) for as long as I can help it.

Last edited:

Super Catanian

Well, there are two main reasons. One being the world godly. Now I am a believer in God, it's not that part that concerns me, rather what I thought it meant at the time (As good as a god). And secondly, it shows my actual name, which I would rather not have on the internet (edit) for as long as I can help it.
The funny bit is that it won't help much in the Forums. If somehow your name change is approved, and both your in-game and Forum name are changed, any posts that quoted your posts before then still stay unchanged. This also applies to mentioned pre-name-change. For example, if you dig around a bit, you'll see that some posts that quote Jern from before his name change show as "Pythagoras 1290 said ...".

So in order to keep your identity secret, we would have to edit any and all posts having anything to do with you. LOL

Emberguard

What Super Cat said. You’d have a lot of work to ensure you have no traces left. You could delete as many posts as you have control over and delete your [forum] account, then make a new account with a new name.

If you did you’d also have to make sure you never mention your former account, and no one here knows it’s you or mentions that it’s you. Otherwise everything would have been for nothing.

If you want to keep your current game progress under your current username you can. But that account wouldn’t be able to have a forum account if you have a different account on the forums.

Super Catanian

What Deva said LOL. I mentioned full names in my list of things that will make Support approve a name change. Luke isn't much; it's even a book in the Bible! Speaking of which, [personally identifying information REDACTED].

If I had included ****** in my username, that's not much. If my username had been ****** *******, however, then Support would have approved a name change. Just an example

*(shouting from basement)* "Hey stop that! I don't want them knowing my name!"

Jern2017

As far as I know, only once. Support will only change your name if it was one automatically generated by the game. If you had chosen your own nickname, you don't get a nickname change, unless it contained personally identifying information, such as phone numbers, email addresses, full names, etc., etc.

Say hi to your "friend" for me. Actually, I'll do it.

Hi there! ;)

I just remembered I have a friend *we've never talked, but he's been on my list since I started playing) who has a full email address used as a nickname.

I have a guild member that had a ridiculous inappropriate name. Figured he wouldn’t be on very long into the game. Then he is given a notice to change his name from inno considering that he has decided to stay around. It was no big deal to him and he changed it one day to something much cooler.

I kept my name from another game that no longer exists and simply love it. Only wish to see a gnome avatar one day. ;)

Contact game support, but why change your name. Deal with the mistakes of your past and move forward in confidence.
It is possible to change your name as others have mentioned; I know of two players who did not have auto generated names at first, and were allowed to change their names. One of them actually changed it twice.
Dark magic afoot here....now please someone reply to my post or I won’t feel like I fit into the cool kids crowd.

qaccy

You've been around for a while now, haven't you? Odd to be asking this now and especially on the forums rather than going directly to support.

UP ONLINE

Be nice to change mine too, but where will it stop just another way for others to miss abuse it!