• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Are the devs going to make the SAAB units decent?

• Thread starter DeletedUser34239
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser34239

These SAAB units suck. For example, with attr of 30 (gbg, obviously), I fight using 1 SAM heavy (steel warden) with rogues and I lose 1 troop. OK, that makes sense since the AO did not kick in (different era troops). The DA is 8 nail storm, by the way. Then, same DA, same attr, I use 1 SAAB heavy (shredder) and I lose 6 troops (and since they are same era troops, my AO DID kick in). How do you have the highest era heavy with the same weaknesses as the CA heavy (a range of 2 - seriously, TWO)? The only troop that does any good in SAAB is the ranged (nail storm) and when I go in with that (same DA and same attr), I lose 4 units (and again, the AO kicked in). This is crap. In SAM gbg, I could auto up to 70 with some losses, but not bad. For SAAB, no matter what I use, I take heavy losses most of the time once I get to 40. This is KILLING this game.
SAAB units:
Heavy - range of 2 (SAM has a range of 10) - By the time they can do any damage, they are dead.
Fast - range of 1 (SAM has a range of 8) - How do you have a flyer with no real special that is SO MUCH weaker than the previous era???? These are also dead before they can hit.
Light - range of 1 with a supposed special of contact (SAM has the dragon breath special) - With a range of 1, that's not contact (which hits back every time it's hit), it's retaliation (which hits back only when the hit is from an adjacent tile and most units have that and it's not their special)
Artillery - the ignores stealth is a decent idea, but this is so much weaker than the VF artillery (as was the SAM artillery - How did you go from blast, which hits up to 2 spaces away, to none for this? Rockets are still the best artillery for anything in the highest 3 eras).
Ranged - the fact that these can hide in rubble is helpful, too bad there is not much rubble on the asteroids (so the battlefield has very few hiding spots for these.

I heard these troops were even worse in beta. Do the devs actually play this game? These troops need some serious revamping.

qaccy

The interesting thing to me about the SAAB troops is that, despite them being pretty hard to use compared to SAM, I find that I'm still generally taking more damage fighting them than I did SAM units. So in some weird way, it does seem like they actually end up being somehow stronger than the SAM units despite them being 'worse'. And I agree that the SAAB units are pretty underwhelming, so I really have no idea how this is happening!

Agent327

The interesting thing to me about the SAAB troops is that, despite them being pretty hard to use compared to SAM, I find that I'm still generally taking more damage fighting them than I did SAM units. So in some weird way, it does seem like they actually end up being somehow stronger than the SAM units despite them being 'worse'. And I agree that the SAAB units are pretty underwhelming, so I really have no idea how this is happening!

Once you get hit you get hit harder. Problem is in range and movement.

DeletedUser34239

How do you expect us to know what the devs will do?

Ever noticed the feedback thread that is created especially for this?
No, I have not. Where is that? I am new to the forum (as it says by my avatar) and I could find no such thing. And maybe you could try to be helpful instead of rude.

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Once you get hit you get hit harder. Problem is in range and movement.

Again though, is it really a problem with them? As I pointed out, end result in many battles is that I'm taking more damage overall. Apparently that means that the range and movement isn't as much of an issue, since these units are obviously still able to attack my units despite the shortcomings.

And to repeat, since this has to be done in every post or people will forget I said it, I agree that the SAAB units are below average. But in-game, they somehow still perform better than the SAM units do, at least defensively.

Agent327

Again though, is it really a problem with them? As I pointed out, end result in many battles is that I'm taking more damage overall. Apparently that means that the range and movement isn't as much of an issue, since these units are obviously still able to attack my units despite the shortcomings.

You must be picking the wrong units. Rocket Troops and Sentinels are very effective. Don't get more damage at all.

qaccy

@Agent327 Fighting them pretty much the same way as I do the SAM units since none of them really require a change in tactics. Still generally taking more damage. Not saying I'm losing battles, mind you, but damage taken and unit losses have definitely gone up.

Agent327

Difference for me is that I fought SAM units with 1 unit (mostly Steel Warden) and 7 rogues. Agsinst SAAB units, rogues have become a bigger risk on autobattle, so now I use 8 units.

DeletedUser34239

You must be picking the wrong units. Rocket Troops and Sentinels are very effective. Don't get more damage at all.
Yes, wardens and rockets are still pretty effective, which is kinda' my point. They are one and two ages down and do better than newest era units. This defeats the purpose of leveling my AO. Also, I used to be able to auto up to 60 with minimal losses, now, that number is 40 attr. I cannot help my guild anywhere near as much. This is also true for my friends that I have talked to about this (who also have worked so hard to raise their a/d).

DeletedUser34239

And to repeat, since this has to be done in every post or people will forget I said it, I agree that the SAAB units are below average. But in-game, they somehow still perform better than the SAM units do, at least defensively.
Part of the reason they hurt so much is the way the devs have done the attr damage to our attacking units. And yeah, it's a huge problem, since I cannot get anywhere near as high in attr as I could when I was in SAM.

Agent327

Yes, wardens and rockets are still pretty effective, which is kinda' my point. They are one and two ages down and do better than newest era units. This defeats the purpose of leveling my AO. Also, I used to be able to auto up to 60 with minimal losses, now, that number is 40 attr. I cannot help my guild anywhere near as much. This is also true for my friends that I have talked to about this (who also have worked so hard to raise their a/d).

My A/D is not as high as yours and I can still auto up till 60. You must be making bad choices in units.

DeletedUser34239

Perhaps I should clarify. Again, it's the losses. I can auto higher, but the loss of units that the game does not replace gets very high in the 50's, where it got high in the 60's with SAM units. The only units that do well are rockets (with the right DA - not getting those from gbg since I'm in SAAB), Wardens (for many of the DA - also not getting those from gbg), Sentinels (for several of the DA - also not getting those from gbg) and nail storms (I do get SOME of those from gbg, but I also get a ton of useless troops that just get killed - any SAAB troops I get from gbg other than nail storms are useless).

When I take large losses of troops that I cannot get as prizes, it's not worth it. My level 109 traz is already overworked producing troops for gvg. When I was in SAM, I took almost NO losses in the 40's, and some in the 50's (maybe 1 or 2 per fight). Now, I am taking some in the 40's (1 -3 per fight) and some bad losses in the 50's, no matter what I use. It does not help that most of the more effective troops to use are SAM, so my AO does not kick in and I got it to level 95 for almost no benefit in gbg, now.

BruteForceAttack

Perhaps I should clarify. Again, it's the losses. I can auto higher, but the loss of units that the game does not replace gets very high in the 50's, where it got high in the 60's with SAM units. The only units that do well are rockets (with the right DA - not getting those from gbg since I'm in SAAB), Wardens (for many of the DA - also not getting those from gbg), Sentinels (for several of the DA - also not getting those from gbg) and nail storms (I do get SOME of those from gbg, but I also get a ton of useless troops that just get killed - any other SAAB troops I get).

When I take large losses of troops that I cannot get as prizes, it's not worth it. My level 109 traz is already overworked producing troops for gvg.

Instead of creating a new thread...why not give your feedback in official feedback thread?

RazorbackPirate

Perhaps I should clarify. Again, it's the losses. I can auto higher, but the loss of units that the game does not replace gets very high in the 50's, where it got high in the 60's with SAM units. The only units that do well are rockets (with the right DA - not getting those from gbg since I'm in SAAB), Wardens (for many of the DA - also not getting those from gbg), Sentinels (for several of the DA - also not getting those from gbg) and nail storms (I do get SOME of those from gbg, but I also get a ton of useless troops that just get killed - any SAAB troops I get from gvg other than nail storms are useless).

When I take large losses of troops that I cannot get as prizes, it's not worth it. My level 109 traz is already overworked producing troops for gvg. When I was in SAM, I took almost NO losses in the 40's, and some in the 50's (maybe 1 or 2 per fight). Now, I am taking some in the 40's (1 -3 per fight) and some bad losses in the 50's, no matter what I use. It does not help that most of the more effective troops to use are SAM, so my AO does not kick in and I got it to level 95 for almost no benefit in gbg, now.
Between this thread and the other threads, it's clear you're milking the GBG system for all it's worth. That doesn't bother me. What does bother me are players like you where more than enough is never enough. And because more than enough is never enough you want Inno to change the game in a myriad of ways so you can get more, and more, and more. Greed run rampant, which doesn't look good on you or anyone.

Complaints about lag because other guildies might be getting more than you. Ideas to set the age of GBs so you're never stretched for goods to build unlimited Siege Camps. More power in the SAAB units so you can fight more to get more. More, more, more, me, me, me. Gross, just gross.

DeletedUser34239

Between this thread and the other threads, it's clear you're milking the GBG system for all it's worth. That doesn't bother me. What does bother me are players like you where more than enough is never enough. And because more than enough is never enough you want Inno to change the game in a myriad of ways so you can get more, and more, and more. Greed run rampant, which doesn't look good on you or anyone.

Complaints about lag because other guildies might be getting more than you. Ideas to set the age of GBs so you're never stretched for goods to build unlimited Siege Camps. More power in the SAAB units so you can fight more to get more. More, more, more, me, me, me. Gross, just gross.
Wow, did you misinterpret what I'm saying. Is that intentional?
1) I want to be able to fight and help my guild. As I age up, I should not be losing effectiveness due to poorly designed troops. If all I wanted was more fights, I would be hitting every AF tile I could find (I don't, to be clear). I have worked very hard on my city and built my strength up to be effective, now, much of that is wasted. Making a level 95 AO practically worthless for gbg in the highest era of the game is just poor customer consideration. You don't know me, you're not in my guild, you have no idea what you're talking about, but you slam me for wanting to help my guild? It seems perhaps you consider yourself first and are assuming the same is true about me. Just wow.
2) What did I say that would ever give the impression I give a s**t about who is getting more or less than me. I don't. I never have. I want to not get booted from the maps when we are trying to beat our enemies. I want to not lose a tile to our enemies because the game is freezing up. I want to not have to reload my browser or comp when I am trying to help someone by donating to their gb at 1.9 when it is in the sweet spot and they could get badly sniped by a hoodie or enemy guild member. If your main focus is about what YOU can get from the game, that's your business, but don't put that on me.

And let's be clear, the entire reason that the devs made gbg so rewarding was to get more folks to do it. The troop rewards are supposed to help us play the game more and for longer. When those become useless, how can we play it as intended? How can I help block an enemy in gbg if I am out of troops that work and all I get is crap troops that cannot win a single fight?

DeletedUser34239

Instead of creating a new thread...why not give your feedback in official feedback thread?

Thank you for sharing that. I looked for a feedback thread and could not find one (as I stated above). Now, I am answering the people trying to tell me I have no reason to complain because I am the only one that sees a problem. I know for a fact I am not, but most have given up on trying to share their experiences. I am beginning to understand why they have given up. There are so many here that just want to tell us we're wrong and out of line for trying to be heard.

RazorbackPirate

Wow, did you misinterpret what I'm saying. Is that intentional?
1) I want to be able to fight and help my guild. As I age up, I should not be losing effectiveness due to poorly designed troops. If all I wanted was more fights, I would be hitting every AF tile I could find (I don't, to be clear). I have worked very hard on my city and built my strength up to be effective, now, much of that is wasted. Making a level 95 AO practically worthless for gbg in the highest era of the game is just poor customer consideration. You don't know me, you're not in my guild, you have no idea what you're talking about, but you slam me for wanting to help my guild? It seems perhaps you consider yourself first and are assuming the same is true about me. Just wow.
2) What did I say that would ever give the impression I give a s**t about who is getting more or less than me. I don't. I never have. I want to not get booted from the maps when we are trying to beat our enemies. I want to not lose a tile to our enemies because the game is freezing up. I want to not have to reload my browser or comp when I am trying to help someone by donating to their gb at 1.9 when it is in the sweet spot and they could get badly sniped by a hoodie or enemy guild member. If your main focus is about what YOU can get from the game, that's your business, but don't put that on me.

And let's be clear, the entire reason that the devs made gbg so rewarding was to get more folks to do it. The troop rewards are supposed to help us play the game more and for longer. When those become useless, how can we play it as intended? How can I help block an enemy in gbg if I am out of troops that work and all I get is crap troops that cannot win a single fight?
#6 guild on your world, 284+ million rank points, #11 player on your world with almost double to points of the #2 person in your guild. Save the faux altruism. You're not helping your guild, you're dominating it, and then some.

The only one making your AO wasted is you and your refusal to use SAAB units. I get it though, more personal rewards if you don't. Attrition 50 instead of 60 with Siege Camps everywhere. Boo Hoo! But I understand over the course of a day that can be a couple of hundred FPs. Played right close to a thousand.

Seems Inno did consider your kind of customer, you just don't like the outcome. "But... but... the FPs." Whatever. You'll get no sympathy from me. I stand by my assessment.

Point 2 says it all. "I want, I want, I want." The rest is just blah blah blah to make it sound like it's not about you. Sorry, you'll have to settle for a couple hundred FPs per day less from a couple dozen less fights. 411 fights in the last 24 hours. Woe is you. How will you possibly survive?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.