• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2020 Feedback

Lothar123

I don't think you are giving the players enough credit in that account. I think that most realize that if the checkmate square doesn't happen in this event then there will be other events where it or an even better military building will be offered.
Respectfully, I had a good laugh at this. Thank you for that.

Jase249

Hell no. It will be the biggest fun in a long time. It will equal the Crystal Villa disaster. Can't wait for the riot to happen.
I'll be part of the riot. With Battlegrounds destroying the game, I need something to make FoE fun again.

For real, this is a terrible move by Inno. I don't know why an entertainment company would intentionally piss off their consumers, but that's what they're doing.

RazorbackPirate

I'll be part of the riot. With Battlegrounds destroying the game, I need something to make FoE fun again.

For real, this is a terrible move by Inno. I don't know why an entertainment company would intentionally piss off their consumers, but that's what they're doing.
Lol. This post is a riot. You're killing me here.

DeletedUser31499

I’m one of those who rolled the dice and waited for the chessmate square to come up. The first day I used 6 tools... getting lucky and getting the last upgrade I needed to complete the WF from last years event. Haven’t used one tool since.

I look forward to seeing what Inno puts out for the last daily special of the event. That’s part of the fun. If its not something I want I’ll go for the idols. If it’s is something I want I’ll focus on the valuable vases with the 10% chance.

These events roll around so often now that we won’t have to wait long till we get another chance at a daily special we really do want.

So no riot here no matter what.

I look forward to seeing what Inno puts out for the last daily special of the event. That’s part of the fun. If its not something I want I’ll go for the idols. If it’s is something I want I’ll focus on the valuable vases with the 10% chance.

These events roll around so often now that we won’t have to wait long till we get another chance at a daily special we really do want.

So no riot here no matter what.

This right here is how you can/should play an event. Good Job Lord Pest!!

DeletedUser41012

Well, Inno, you have outdone yourself by the MIZERABLE way you've handled this event.
Rigged negotiations, tolerance for cheaters and now you've managed to screw up one of the very few decent events with your unending GREED.

Well done, Inno!

DreadfulCadillac

Well, Inno, you have outdone yourself by the MIZERABLE way you've handled this event.
Rigged negotiations, tolerance for cheaters and now you've managed to screw up one of the very few decent events with your unending GREED.

Well done, Inno!
for the first time, i agree with this time of post!!
[REDACTED] You INNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DreadfulCadillac

Quoted from goremise on the en server, WITH PERMISSION:
"Don't do this again Inno please. Please do not lie to us and trick us. You put CS on beta knowing that people will wait for it on live. And then pulled it and put it on a 4k diamond Random chance deal. This has not happened before. This is like the Winter event not having sleigh builders. This is like other events not having their special buildings. Imagine if WF was on beta on three days but live was like NOPE HAHA SUCKERS you wanted a world's fair? Nope we removed it and didn't tell you! Haha planning ahead? sif that!

The only way to fix this would be to right now put out an alert, increase the event by a day and give us CS as a daily then. I'm just so disappointed. Why would you do this?

Cause now why would we ever believe what drops on beta ever again? Years and years of events now ruined."

FROM ME: (with permission from Dreadfulcadillac, AKA ME!)
thxs(sarcastically) foe. Deciding that offering CMS in a "loot box" costing 400 diamonds to open x10 with a 10% chance is a OKAY SUBSTITUTE TO OFFERING IT AS A DAILY SPECIAL!
ME:
this is stupid from a financial standpoint as well inno..now not only have you lost trust for FUTURE events, but you lost money in diamond sales you could have made in this event..if this is your way of fighting power creep, then fine, but don't offer it on beta first!

Last edited:

Deridium

Not having Checkmate Square is at best misleading, shame on Innogames.
I understand that inno has deviated from the Beta version in the past and nothing is guaranteed; however, If they decided to remove the one thing most players were waiting for the decent thing to do would have been to make a public post at the start of the event explaining that the CS would be removed for whatever reason. That would not have affected the event except people would have been able to make better choices and not get strung along until the very last day just to get stuck with reno kits.

The Lord of Chaos

I thought there were going to be riots and alot of cursing but seems a little slow guess people didn't stay up all night to see the final DS... I'm kind of glad i didn't hold my scrolls, had a feeling about halfway through it wasn't coming since it is said to be a game changer for fighters there was no way they would put it at the end of the event so people could get a whole bunch of them and not have to buy diamonds jsut save the daily quota adn do the quest.

Algona

A whole bunch of tools left over from the three world 18 hour binge picking up 3 lvl 10 World's Fair and 3 lvl 11Airship.

A dozen RKs across three worlds.

Sweet.

I've got 1200 or so Scrolls worth of Tablets I won't bother trying to get.

I'm fine with not trying to do 50+ tablet Questslines, but it seems a bit excessive to have that much left over and still have gotten 2 Airships and 11 Airship Upgrades in each world.

Balance problem? Dumb lick on my part?

----------

Meanwhile, I look forward to a lot more hysteria over INNO daring to change something from beta to live. Like these:

unending GREED.

If INNO were greedy wouldn't they have put the CS into the Event?

the first and last time I buy diamonds

Given 24 hours to buy and use the Diamonds, why would you buy Diamonds before the DS you want shows up?

I'm not quite sure how to reconcile these two quotes..

I suspect there will be a lot of unclear thinking posted the next few days.

RevelPrime

A whole bunch of tools left over from the three world 18 hour binge picking up 3 lvl 10 World's Fair and 3 lvl 11Airship.

A dozen RKs across three worlds.

Sweet.

I've got 1200 or so Scrolls worth of Tablets I won't bother trying to get.

I'm fine with not trying to do 50+ tablet Questslines, but it seems a bit excessive to have that much left over and still have gotten 2 Airships and 11 Airship Upgrades in each world.

Balance problem? Dumb lick on my part?

----------

Meanwhile, I look forward to a lot more hysteria over INNO daring to change something from beta to live. Like these:

If INNO were greedy wouldn't they have put the CS into the Event?

Given 24 hours to buy and use the Diamonds, why would you buy Diamonds before the DS you want shows up?

I'm not quite sure how to reconcile these two quotes..

I suspect there will be a lot of unclear thinking posted the next few days.

If only the 200% bonus diamond package was available every day

Another event and another bunch of cry-babies upset at the game devs for daring to do things the way they best see fit to do them. I mean, how dare Inno decide to make the prizes and other completely free things about this game what they want them to be and not what some of the players want them to be? The arrogance of some of the entitled children that play this game no longer surprises me given the state of the world currently.

I enjoyed the event for what it was...another chance to have more to do outside of the normal daily activities I enjoy with this game while taking in a bunch more free things that I get to decide whether or not to place them in my city in hopes of making it more conducive for the style of play I enjoy the most.

Algona

If only the 200% bonus diamond package was available every day

Instead of buying Diamonds the day of the DS you want, you bought Diamonds in advance at a discount hoping you would get to spend them on something that you were not certain would occur. You were trying to get the best of things.

Looks like a case of gambling and losing.

Sure you thought you had insider information, despite INNO changing prizes from beta before.

Note well, I do not agree that INNO pulled any kind of scam here.

But if is noteworthy that a con man's wet dream to have a mark who is trying to get the best of things because the mark is convinced they have sure fire insider information despite evidence showing otherwise.

DeletedUser40925

Soccer Cup event will have buildings with attack / defense boost for attacking army (main prize as well as daily specials), so there will be plenty of opportunities to spend diamonds.

DeletedUser32211

Disappointed that there was no checkmate and no wishing well as daily prizes.

In past events I've stayed up to see the next daily prize when they changed at midnight on the US east coast but in this event the change happened at 4:00 am.