• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Game Balance Issues - Newbs view.

67Sage101

Thanks for the reply's. Acknowledged...I wanted to progress faster than the game is designed for. I certainly don't want to spend 5 to 8 years on this game so you all provided some helpful information. I messaged my clan leader who has 1.9 million points and lives in the post modern age, and he never responded on how long he's played and I'm quite certain 90% of my guild doesn't play anymore either. The only guild message I see is one member asking for daily handouts on her level 6 GB when mine is level 1. LOL. Most people that know me would say I'm a person a great patience. But I don't like repetitive anything. I cannot imagine consistently logging into this game every 4 hours for the next 5 to 8 years, sliding my finger over the screen to pick up coins and production. And what amuses me is that on PC, I have the option to spend diamonds to pick up all resources. But on IPAD there's no quick pick option because you can easily finger slide. So they throw that diamond pinching carrot to PC players just because they can't easily slide their finger over production. @Falconwing...right back at you rainman. I get the last laugh I only spent $10.....Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

RazorbackPirate

Thanks for the reply's. Acknowledged...I wanted to progress faster than the game is designed for. I certainly don't want to spend 5 to 8 years on this game so you all provided some helpful information. I messaged my clan leader who has 1.9 million points and lives in the post modern age, and he never responded on how long he's played and I'm quite certain 90% of my guild doesn't play anymore either. The only guild message I see is one member asking for daily handouts on her level 6 GB when mine is level 1. LOL. Most people that know me would say I'm a person a great patience. But I don't like repetitive anything. I cannot imagine consistently logging into this game every 4 hours for the next 5 to 8 years, sliding my finger over the screen to pick up coins and production. And what amuses me is that on PC, I have the option to spend diamonds to pick up all resources. But on IPAD there's no quick pick option because you can easily finger slide. So they throw that diamond pinching carrot to PC players just because they can't easily slide their finger over production. @Falconwing...right back at you rainman. I get the last laugh I only spent $10.....Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
I've spent nothing. So there's that.

With everything there is to do in the game, I play quite often throughout the day, but everything in my city is on 24 hour production. I play on PC, and you can easily swipe your finger (I have a touch screen) or your mouse across the screen (hold down the left mouse button) and collect all your productions easily. The Browser version predates Mobile by a number of years and for whatever reason, Diamond collection never made the transition. No big loss for me, I've never used it anyway.

Sounds like you got into a crappy guild. Any guild leader who won't respond doesn't deserve the title or position, any member with half a brain would have left the moment they got no response.

Anyway, I get that this game may not be for you, my city is about 28 months old, and I've just entered CA. Obviously, moving that slowly through the ages is my choice, but that choice has made my city a powerhouse. I'm easily able to excel in all aspects of the game.

It is a complex game with many layers and aspects, the city building part, the least significant. I would never recommend anyone play a game they don't enjoy, but I can say with 100% confidence, you know next to nothing about the game or how it's meant to be played. I get you may not even care to figure it out, and that's okay too. Some people don't like strategy games where there's thinking and planning involved. It's certainly a whole lot easier to log in and kill stuff. Have fun with whatever choice you make.

You don't know, what you don't know, you know?

Agent327

You're in the wrong guild if the highest placed player is in Post Modern.

On the PC you can slide as well.

The Lady Redneck

I messaged my clan leader who has 1.9 million points and lives in the post modern age,
Does not sound like he has been that long in the game. Or done enough to know whats what.
What World are you in? Have no doubt someone here could point you in the direction of a real guild. If you did want to see how the game can be.

Falconwing

I get the last laugh I only spent $10.....Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

I've played 4 or so years and spent $7-8 (starter pack and Iron age pack), you got what, maybe a couple months for $10?

You are not the first person I've seen quit a game and the post some dumb ass stuff about how the game is somehow at fault. It ain't the game, it's you. Go laugh your butt back to Farmtown.

67Sage101

Appreciate the pointers. I have so much extra land right now I just didn't think space was a big deal. That's why I just calculated x/hr rather than x/square. I like the idea of the game, it just bugs me that it's so transparently a coin grab . If I buy diamonds I can burn through everything in the game but it seems the meta is spend no money and play it for years. I wonder what the devs think about that.

Turns out I do like calculations. Here's one for all the people that have played for so long and paid so little, urging me to be patient. I can progress right through my current age research, level up my oracle to level 6, complete the statue of zeus and attack my neighbors for an estimated 28,000 diamonds. What luck, I see that there is a bonus pack of 29,000 for only $199.99. No patience required.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Appreciate the pointers. I have so much extra land right now I just didn't think space was a big deal. That's why I just calculated x/hr rather than x/square. I like the idea of the game, it just bugs me that it's so transparently a coin grab . If I buy diamonds I can burn through everything in the game but it seems the meta is spend no money and play it for years. I wonder what the devs think about that.
Well, they're still employed and working on new stuff for the game after 8 years, so they probably think it's fine. :rolleyes:

ExtraMile

Turns out I do like calculations. Here's one for all the people that have played for so long and paid so little, urging me to be patient. I can progress right through my current age research, level up my oracle to level 6, complete the statue of zeus and attack my neighbors for an estimated 28,000 diamonds. What luck, I see that there is a bonus pack of 29,000 for only $199.99. No patience required.
Why in God’s name would you even think about spending diamonds to level the Oracle of Delphi? o_O

If you actually are quitting the game (hard to tell at this point, given the fact that it’s been a week and you’re still here), then this won’t matter to you at all, but if you are planning to stick around: The Oracle sucks. Like really bad. The bonuses it gives are trash in any age except the Bronze Age. Every single FP you put into it you will never get back, since it offers practically no return on investment. I have deleted the Oracle immediately in every world I’ve started (except the first one when I was a total noob lol).

If you are going to buy diamonds, the best way to spend them is on expansions and events. But even with spending diamonds, it will take a long time to progress in the game. Especially if you use them on inefficient things (like leveling an Oracle). Diamonds (at least in fathomable quantities) cannot make a bad player succeed. If you want to succeed, skill and strategy are needed in this game no matter what. Diamonds can certainly help, but they are not needed to be successful.

Nicholas002

urns out I do like calculations. Here's one for all the people that have played for so long and paid so little, urging me to be patient. I can progress right through my current age research, level up my oracle to level 6, complete the statue of zeus and attack my neighbors for an estimated 28,000 diamonds. What luck, I see that there is a bonus pack of 29,000 for only $199.99. No patience required.
$200 to research the Bronze Age and level the Oracle?!!:eek::eek::eek:
Do something useful with your money, like flush it down the toilet.

DeletedUser32439

if ppl dont buy diamonds then the game ends.

do you want to wake up one day and find the servers turned off.

u wan all the good stuff free....what planet are u living on dude., !!

Emberguard

To get to end-game in less a few years would take a LOT of diamonds. I think the devs meant for it to be a long haul, even with diamonds.
Yeah. It would. This game is far from being a cash grab. It’s designed first and foremost as a free game. The cash comes as a result of a quality product, nothing more.

Or instead of paying to not play the game, you could just play the game

You don’t need a Zeus to attack your neighbours. You only need to have Military Tactics unlocked and know how to fight