• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

ATTENTION TO ALL

Farfle the smelly

And yet, if you use an unnameable search engine, and do a search for something like:
site:forum.us.forgeofempires.com ARC

You get a good selection of relevant links, without the issues Joeyjojojo mentioned. Also works well for common 2 letter abbreviations, like IA or BA.
Even a search for THE returns stuff that at least isn't total noise for such a vague search.

So it's not that this kind of search can't be done, and done well. It's that it hasn't been done here. Maybe it's not worth the effort, that unnameable search engine company has much deeper pockets than INNO.
If this forum is on Wordpress, there’s a widget that uses that unnameable search engine as the foundation for forum searching, if I remember correctly. It might even be free.

Agent327

Please enable the ability to lock a thread and close it for further comments just like the announcements but for all users so the author can further comment in his own thread.
This can be limited to forge hall, tavern and game sections, where for example in a journal the author doesnt want comment. Or perhaps a joke thread where the author doesnt want pages of comments, argue and discussions to be in between his jokes.

Please consider this, thank you.

First of all, starting a thread does not mean you own it. This still is a public forum. You do not decide who can or can not answer a thread.
Second, it would make you a partial moderator. Two reasons why this is a bad idea.

WinnerGR

17 minutes or searching I found the answer :
If you want a thread closed or deleted, just let a Mod know. Thanks!
And Ex-Mod SL's view :
Whatever the moderator situation, it is a terrible idea to let Forum members themselves decide when a thread should be closed or deleted. That is something that should be left to the moderating staff, and should not be used unless absolutely necessary. I have seen many times on the Forum over the years (as a player) where a player starts a thread and then doesn't like the fact that few posters agree with them and then demand that the thread be closed because they can't back up their viewpoint. Giving them the right to close or delete their threads would be very frustrating to many Forum members who might wish to participate in those discussions.
And this was from when they had a mod crisis and even now with no mod crisis you still want it when all you have to do is ring a mod up.

WinnerGR

It also depends on the topic. Some are against forum rules (politics, religion, ect),
But if it fits all those criterios than will I be able to ask any moderater to lock/delete my thread becuase if not I would have to wait for you to be online.

WinnerGR

That forum of you was only a demo that lasted for three days.
Yes but we* copied the data across every three days until it got to the point where it was too much work and we moved a new forum*.

* Avoiding advertising with meaningless terms