• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

ATTENTION TO ALL

Algona

Welcome to the community!

Antz2013, here’s a real easy first step to building a community. Start talking to us on a regular basis. It doet have to be a major undertaking, any tidbit of information is great: Tells us what’s up, ask for help, share a joke, give props to a mod or poster doing something cool, share your vision and hopes for the community.

Yeah, a lot of folk will whine and cry and fling their poo. Isn’t that useful feedback? You’ll also get some folk who agree with you, get to know you, cooperate with and support you. Tthat will be the foundation of any community you choose to build.

We will be continuing to follow through with LadyMarlena efforts, but please have patience as we (the CMT) have a lot of issues to contend with and the forums is a small but important one.

The previous regime had months to implement what could be simple modifications that could have been done in hours. Please note that the previous regime never did share their vision, plans, changes, goals for discussion or review or critique or comment, We don’t know what those plans are. All we did get were arbitrary decisions that for the most part were never implementd or useless or made the forums a bit more clunky.

Tthose changes are postponed because CMT has a lot of issues to contend with. Maybe that;s a good thing? Mayeb we could discuss them? Or at least know what they are?

Maybe you could share with us the “lot of issues to contend with”? At the least we know what’s going on, why the delays, and maybe we can help in some way? Communities share their mutual concerns and attempt to resolve them together.

----------

Small? Any chance you could share some numbers to put the forum into perspective?

I got no clue how many active unique players there are across the US Servers, but the total number of FoE Accounts was 2 M across 26 worlds (2018) That’s’the total of all users with accounts active and inactive acrossall 26 workds combined.

The last yearly summry (2018) had 55K Forum Members. The 8th Birthday Announcement had 81 K views.

Those are the only numbers I have.

Thanks for your time, have fin!

WinnerGR

I agree with everything that @Algona has written above and you might also want to know that the new CMT didn't come across this on their own , I had to privately bump them .

Antz2013, here’s a real easy first step to building a community. Start talking to us on a regular basis. It does have to be a major undertaking, any tidbit of information is great: Tells us what’s up, ask for help, share a joke, give props to a mod or poster doing something cool, share your vision and hopes for the community.
Even though @Lady Marlena is not new and this is EN ( my example ) , why don't you read through this thread , first off you should see @Lady Marlena being fun and social saying 'I have chained him to the forums so he can't leave us :p' . Then read on and you see that she know how to keep a balance by re-posting there guidelines for that thread's sub-forum . And then someone asks a question and she answers it .

Furthermore when she joined here ( not EN ) she shared here vision , you havn't.

Last edited:

Antz2013

Thank you Algona for the support however the vast majority of the issues we are dealing with are behind the scenes and this is not the place for the discussions about them.

Unlike Winner's assertions, I have read through this discussion. There are a lot of good ideas here and I support the effort . I will be discussing this with LadyMarlena to see where we are and when we can focus on them, completing them.

Super Catanian

I agree with everything that @Algona has written above and you might also want to know that the new CMT didn't come across this on their own , I had to privately bump them .
Humblebrag, I see...

Unlike Winner's assertions, I have read through this discussion. There are a lot of good ideas here and I support the effort . I will be discussing this with LadyMarlena to see where we are and when we can focus on them, completing them.
Belated, but welcome! Glad you and the rest of the FoE team will be making efforts to form a good community.

Pro tip: Ignore Winner.

Lady Gato

SNIP

Thanks for your time, have fin!
@Algona Good to hear from you again. ((Hugs))

@WinnerGR et al -- Totally agree with @Nicholas002 re statements about these accounts.

@Super Catanian - welcome back - hope your "vacation" was restful

@Antz2013 welcome to the community - hope you will stay for a while and find it to be enjoyable. I look forward to seeing lots of knowledgeable information from you.

planetofthehumans2

If we're still doing forum suggestions, I would like a way to be able to mark forums as read from the forum view. I'm not too interested in discussion from The Game Room or Art Museum so I'd like to just get rid of those notifications without having to go to the forum to do it.

Nicholas002

@Antz2013 another thing that would be appreciated is if we get confirmation from the CMs or mods that our feedback is actually reaching the devs.
Not saying we have to be like any other forum, but on beta, the CMs at least let the players know when they give the feedback to the devs.
this would be a nice addition, so we know that it is worth giving our feedback.

Agent327

@Antz2013 another thing that would be appreciated is if we get confirmation from the CMs or mods that our feedback is actually reaching the devs.
Not saying we have to be like any other forum, but on beta, the CMs at least let the players know when they give the feedback to the devs.

I just gave that confirmation to you in another thread.

Antz2013

We do a inform the Devs on a regular basis of concerns noted.

I am attempting to catch up on all the conversations that occur here so please have patience... I have a lot of catching up to do. :)

Lady Gato

Do the devs themselves ever post on here in response to the comments -- like we've seen all the negative reviews and will be working to change things based on the feedback?

Agent327

Do the devs themselves ever post on here in response to the comments -- like we've seen all the negative reviews and will be working to change things based on the feedback?

No they don't. They sometimes post on the beta forum and ofcourse there is the Q&A.

Mr. Pottah

I do see it being a problem. I know for sure that certain users here have effectively changed history by drastically editing their posts. I won't name names, both on general principles of courtesy and because by definition my "accusation" couldn't be demonstrated.
I wonder to what feature of efficacy you may be enjoining? Changing editing capabilities seems a very minor detail, requiring who knows what programming edits, to achieve what would truly be a very limited effect.

Algona

to achieve what would truly be a very limited effect.

Much the same as askin' 'bout a post 7 months old in a thread where none of the the major options discussed were implemented I reckon.

Especially the much needed new poster and new player subforums. CMT keeps being buried by in game support.