• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Message Center Feedback

Yugi the 7empest

Does anyone know how or if we can add the main guild thread to our favorites tab? We can put everything we use/need into favorites except the most important thread in the guild.

RaveWolf

Overall I like the fact that things will be more organized, but it was a royal pain in the backside spending almost two hours this morning remaking all the guild threads in the guild section because that bit of feedback wasn't listened to in Beta and there was no way to automatically set a thread as a guild one.

I also wish that we could restrict members from creating new threads in the guild section unless they had leadership rights, but let them create threads to the entire guild to their hearts' content out in the social section. I really feel that if this is going to thrive the way Inno intends that keeping just anyone from creating a thread in the guild section is important.

I agree... Messages that go to the Guild Category should be for Guild Leaders / Notifiers only.

lemonwedgie

Soooo forgive me if this has already been addressed ... I have a member who looks after our guild threads. It appears that whilst she is still admin on all the necessary threads she does not have an 'Update to all Guild Members" button ... what are we missing?

Tony 85 the Generous

Soooo forgive me if this has already been addressed ... I have a member who looks after our guild threads. It appears that whilst she is still admin on all the necessary threads she does not have an 'Update to all Guild Members" button ... what are we missing?
In the social section or guild section? The guild section doesn't need one. There is one in the social section.

Tony 85 the Generous

No thats the issue. I am Founder, and we compared screenshots. I have Recipients. She has Adjust Group. She is still showing as Admin for me (the star is not crossed out) but she does not have the Update to all guild members button
Try turning the star off for her, saving, go all the way back to your city (close messaging completely), then go back to the thread and turn it on, save. (aka the old soft reboot)

Must been a clear developer oversight on someone being able to create an all guild message say Stix2Brixs for instance, but the original poster can’t delete the original message. Someone else has to.

great idea to be able to tag a thread a favorite or important but it isn’t a favorite or important if I can’t have them all in one spot, regardless of whether it is guild or social. Most people are on multiple 1.9 threads so switching between guild and social seems like a Factor that shouldn’t exist if I tagged them important or favorite.

I didn’t take the time to read the six pages of replies already but if someone stated the above already. Great job

Iroh the Tea Maker

I used to be able to quickly go through the swap thread spam messages by clicking the message then immediately clicking the part of the screen that the message center didn't occupy. Now the message center takes up the whole screen and I have to click the tiny X. That is frustrating

You can hide them all.

Must been a clear developer oversight on someone being able to create an all guild message say Stix2Brixs for instance, but the original poster can’t delete the original message. Someone else has to.

great idea to be able to tag a thread a favorite or important but it isn’t a favorite or important if I can’t have them all in one spot, regardless of whether it is guild or social. Most people are on multiple 1.9 threads so switching between guild and social seems like a Factor that shouldn’t exist if I tagged them important or favorite.

I didn’t take the time to read the six pages of replies already but if someone stated the above already. Great job
I know the common answer of just have them all social and it won’t be a problem for the tagged favorites or important but then why have a guild chat tab at all.

plinker2

This has been in use in beta for a few weeks. It does take some time to get used to. Once you do, you may notice it's not half as bad as first thought.

Tony 85 the Generous

This has been in use in beta for a few weeks. It does take some time to get used to. Once you do, you may notice it's not half as bad as first thought.
Kind of a bummer the 1.9 threads end up being social versus the swap threads.

I am very concerned about the inability to limit whom can start a thread in the guild section. There are limits on whom can delete a thread but not on whom can start. Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Mannered

Hi Tony,

try starting new threads in the guild section for 1.9 , or any other threads you feel should be guild centred .

I give the message centre update a 9/10, the -1 only because on mobile the centre is full-screen , compared to an optimal partial screen centre.

Thanks for the update!

Tony 85 the Generous

Hi Tony,

try starting new threads in the guild section for 1.9 , or any other threads you feel should be guild centred .

I give the message centre update a 9/10, the -1 only because on mobile the centre is full-screen , compared to an optimal partial screen centre.

Thanks for the update!
If I start the 1.9 thread in the guild section, then our friends from other guilds cannot be members. The 1.9 threads that I am in are half way between guild threads and social threads. There is nothing "social" about them (no conversations), all business.

Mannered

sharing seems to always have a cost. In this case, one extra click to the social section in order to share 1.9 cross guilds ^_^