• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The way Inno developers are tackling problems reminds me of middle age physicians - if the patient doesn't die, well, you were allowed to claim victory
Raise the value request (coins/supplies or battles or whatever) of any quest that seems to allow unlimited cycling and you stop cycling

Gunnygunnz

Hello Forum,
I Normally Never post in this forum just not my Thing.
But after reading all this I want to add my 2Cents if that's ok.
I'm in Saab and love doing the Recurring Quests.
Now I do not do GVG and really do not use the Battle quest much maybe 20 or so a day at most as i don't like to be interrupted when fighting at a fast pace
I do do the 5 min Production quest and a few others that come up.
With that said i have reached the limit 2 days in a row.
today it took me 1Hr51 min
yesterday i did mostly battle and it took 45 min.
Now I Guess I'm the minority that will be affected.

There are much better ways to handle this many have come up with FREE examples :).
I do really think there are many other Exploits that should be addressed but even those seem to be intended by the Devs.

Last edited:

Agent327

I think this is precisely the problem, especially with Agent's confirmation that this supposedly has nothing to do with unlimited battle/rank exploits, and nothing to do with robots.

I am not in the position to confirm anything. I have just given you my personal believe and that is nothing more than an educated guess.

Comments I have made in this thread I made as a player. As a forum mod I do not have any access to info that players do not have. I have based my comments on the info free available. I just do not believe that if this was about unlimited battle/rank exploits Inno would bring back those RQ's for the next era. Maybe I am wrong in that. I apologize for any misunderstandings this may have brought about. That has never been my intention.

tr0p

I am not in the position to confirm anything. I have just given you my personal believe and that is nothing more than an educated guess.

Comments I have made in this thread I made as a player. As a forum mod I do not have any access to info that players do not have. I have based my comments on the info free available. I just do not believe that if this was about unlimited battle/rank exploits Inno would bring back those RQ's for the next era. Maybe I am wrong in that. I apologize for any misunderstandings this may have brought about. That has never been my intention.

As someone who represents Inno, albeit as just moderating the forums, I'd suggest avoiding comments like Inno doesn't want this or Inno isn't making these changes for <insert reason here> as it makes it appear that you have information about the actual change and reason. Such as definitive comments like these:

The change is because of all RQ's, not just the fighting quests. You loop the fp quest. Others loop the UBQ. It is good it affects all RQ's. Asking for one, you do not do, to change is actualy rather selfish. That's saying abuse should be stopped, just not my abuse. Not likely it will be changed the way you demand.

Or

This is not about Inno wanting to stop auto-clickers. This is about Inno wanting to stop players like you that do RQ's for 4-5 hours.

There are some people who may believe you are getting information from Inno due to your blue name when you're just guessing like the rest of us. Perhaps preface those comments as opinion to avoid any confusion.

Last edited:

r21r

If you have been on this game for a while, you know that I rarely post, preferring to stay in the background and observe. If I may be so bold as to add my 2 cents, think on this. If you are at INNO headquarters and you notice people doing thousands of quests per day, what thought are really going through their heads? Could it be cheating, (bots, programs, and so forth). Or, has the game gotten to the point where some players are becoming bored and have to do all of these quests because of that? One thing I have learned and hopefully you will is people, you have to learn to adapt to almost constant changes in life. It isn't always fun but if you do not learn to adapt to changes, life will "chew you up and spit you out." I also have notice that most of you are fairly intelligent You should be able to overcome this bump in the road and move on. I hope that you do. And, have fun!
big dislike (won't argue - just no dislike option available)

Mini Sonos .50

The problem not being addressed are those continuing to use bots/scripts to max out 2000 daily aborts. 95% that play FOE cannot/will not max 2000 daily aborts, still giving the cheaters an everyday advantage. For some reason INNO does not want to fix this issue. I ask Inno why? Very simple solution is putting a disruption to the script program which throws off the algo. Actually the simplest solution is permanent ban or removing the cheaters global points they have amassed since the cheating started. This solution will deter the bot/script abuse, otherwise the cheaters will continue to exploit Inno's weak bandaid.

Ocirasai

The problem not being addressed are those continuing to use bots/scripts to max out 2000 daily aborts. 95% that play FOE cannot/will not max 2000 daily aborts, still giving the cheaters an everyday advantage. For some reason INNO does not want to fix this issue. I ask Inno why? Very simple solution is putting a disruption to the script program which throws off the algo. Actually the simplest solution is permanent ban or removing the cheaters global points they have amassed since the cheating started. This solution will deter the bot/script abuse, otherwise the cheaters will continue to exploit Inno's weak bandaid.

DJT-NCSWIC, where did you determine the number 95%? Has that been officially posted somewhere by Inno or is that an assumption on your part?

From my own experience, I can tell you that it is extremely easy to complete 400 cycles (I'm in TE with 2 recurring quest slots, so it is 5 aborts in between each UBQ) a day. To adjust to the change, I've tried to coordinate dropping 84 FPs on other players' GBs so I gain back one abort each cycle (only managed to do that 25 times yesterday). I know that several of my guildmates and friends in the game are doing the same for their respective ages as we are discussing amongst ourselves how to best adjust to this recent change. However, I have no set of numbers that says this percentage of players on Z (or any other world) that I have seen released by Inno, so anyone who claims a percentage is just guessing.

Just a side note: I liken this change by Inno to be similar to "The Snap" in the Marvel movies. If that catches on, I claim credit for starting it. :)

RazorbackPirate

While true that bot cheats are not thwarted by this cap, and also true that most players may never hit the cap, the fact remains that the cap is being hit by players not using bots. Players taking the time to grind them out manually.

I am in 100% agreement that Inno needs to find and kick bot cheaters, I no longer believe the cap is about that. I'm now of the opinion, based on Inno's own limited communication, that this is more about those players spending hours on end spinning RQs. CF as Perpetual Motion Machine. Sure the bot cheats were able to exploit RQs faster and easier than the rest, but it's the rest Inno seems to feel the need to address.

I've yet to determine how I feel about the cap. So far, I am among those who, without changing my game, have yet to hit the cap. I also wonder how many of those posting that they've hit it, and when, are now looking to hit the cap intentionally. How many of those folks do that many RQs everyday as a part of their normal game play?

The larger issue for me is how Inno has handled all of this, especially communication with their customers. This cap is one of a number of communication missteps recently. That is coincides with new, large, outside investments is troubling. I fear we are no longer dealing with the Inno we're used to, I fear people who had no involvement with the success of the game, now want to monetize their investment. Only time will tell, but I think Inno is on a dangerous path. You can only take so many bites from the cash cow before it has lost so much flesh, it can no longer survive.

Agent327

As someone who represents Inno, albeit as just moderating the forums, I'd suggest avoiding comments like Inno doesn't want this or Inno isn't making these changes for <insert reason here> as it makes it appear that you have information about the actual change and reason. Such as definitive comments like these:

Or

There are some people who may believe you are getting information from Inno due to your blue name when you're just guessing like the rest of us. Perhaps preface those comments as opinion to avoid any confusion.

I take that to heart. I got carried away in the discussion and should have paid better attention.

Iggy112

After trying to read the last 12 pages of comments, I am struggling to figure out how to feel about this whole topic. So some disjointed context:

1) Much of the discussion seems to be driven by the different ways folks play this game. One of the strong points to FOE is that millions play this game so many different ways. It took me a few months to decide what the prime directive would be for my game (hint:rank score), but I have never looked down on the other ways of playing. I never understood paying $1000’s or, playing FarmVille or, being 100% guild oriented, etc. All valid ways to play, just not my own.

2) I have played this game a lot in my roughly 27 months, and probably have averaged over 10 hours daily. As a result, I have scored over 600M points using the best techniques that I could learn (fun part of the game). I have only spent about $40 to date (sorry Inno), and have never used any non-core elements on my iPad ( i.e. bots, Foehelper, etc). I think this makes me a ideal legit player for Inno other than I am sure they would like some more cash.

3) I do not play the beta server. I play a game expecting it to be well thought out, professional product, so that I can enjoy and overcome the challenges. Many can defend a game developer’s right to control their game, but I think it suffers whenever it needs to be adjusted after the fact. For many of us who have invested themselves for years, a “minor” change can be very disturbing, as it goes to the credibility of the developers.

4) I have been a SAAB player for around 6 months now. I do a lot of GbG, but also more than my share of RQ loops. I set up the 150FP, 200FP and the coins/supplies RQs and loop thru back to them when they are triggered. During each loop, I do both the fighting RQs (using a friend to get the 500 goods trades reward). I do NOT usually loop RQs just to do the fights. Instead they are triggered by my city collections and/or my donations in my 1.xx chats. I believe this was all the developer’s intentions when SAAB was published. So I am gaining lots of rank score (sometimes 100M monthly), but doing it in a legit fashion without any machine help.

5). I wonder what the unintended affects will be on say 1.90 chats when a a player has an ARC 80, makes no FP profit and now hits a wall on RQs?

6) I support the idea that if bots are the problem, then bots should be exterminated. Not a easy programming change that affects a wider group.

7). I also wonder if all this looping by legit players does not produce any additional revenue for Inno, and so this is expected to being a back door revenue generator, but can give them the benefit of the doubt on this score.

So the bottom line for me on this programming change is this: I would like to know what game I am being asked to play. I am less comfortable or excited about a more nebulous concept that can change at any moment, especially with little discussion or input. Whether it is money or personal time, many have invested a lot in your game. If we are given the feeling that those investments can be deflated arbitrarily (e.g. who paid real money to buy a high level CF), then the trust is broken to some degree for future investment. Have seen many multi-player games make this same mistake. Hoping you do the right thing here!

85gt

Completing hundreds of recurring quests every day is not "abuse"; it is playing within the rules that InnoGames made. But now they are moving the goal posts again.

When a gaming company makes too many fundamental changes without sufficient consideration, they risk driving away their player base.
Yeah and now they changed the rules, and they should have made it more like 1500, get used to it

blodgaarm

For all those who challenge our outrage here, what happens when INNO decides that having thousands of forge points banked was never their intention? Suddenly we can only have 5000 FPS in the bank. What if we never intended for a LMA player to have a space carrier or a CF so we are removing them until you level up to that age. You seem fine with this change which you don't think you can hit, but I have hit it 3 times so far most recently while I was idly clicking away during a phone call. I USED to click away while listening to my favorite Clive Cussler novel on Audible, and admittedly I got a lot of points and goods, but the fact remains, I learned the play style on a wiki that INNO had up for years.

Meat Butcher

This is not about Inno wanting to stop auto-clickers. This is about Inno wanting to stop players like you that do RQ's for 4-5 hours.

Why does Inno want to stop players like us ?
What did we do wrong ?

Seems Inno has bigger fish to fry with the Auto Clickers and trying to stop them.

I saw someone had 17,370 total fights in one day.
With 86,400 seconds in a day that is a fight every 5 seconds for 24 hours.
If I was running Inno I would focus all I had on that and maybe leave a function like cycling quests to work as it was originally designed.

r21r

That playstyle is not on any Inno Wiki. There are guides on it, but those are made by players, not Inno as far as I know. You can prove me wrong if you think I am.
which playstyle came directly from inno ? can you guarantee that player wasn't inno's personel without his real name ?
let it go, we all know official wiki has no guides in it, if he wants to start miss-information, let him post the guide, you "work" for inno, and you have no idea for their decisions, can you know who created guides on the un-official wiki ?
what shines is gold ?

Status
Not open for further replies.