• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Thinking out loud - New GB Ideas

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Like the title says, not a proposal, not complaining, just starting a discussion on what would be neat to have as GB bonuses.

We've had Atk/Def boosts, Unit Creation, Goods/Guild Goods production, rewards boosts, etc. What different boosts would be nice to have? What do you guys think about a "Guild Institute" that gave a general boost to all things guild related. A small Guild Goods boost to go along with: GE specific Atk/Def, negotiation turn, attempt timer speedup %. a GBG specific atk/def, attrition chance reducer, rewards booster, buildings cost reducer. and finally a boost to Guild power level and support pool. None of the boosts would be as big as that provided by GBs with only one or 2 boosts, but a small boost to all aspects of guild activities. What do you guys think? Something a little different, or all just same old thing? Would you find this type of GB useful?

UBERhelp1

I think that GB should be limited to two boosts, generally a passive and production. But that's an interesting idea. The one major problem for the building you suggest would be balancing. To give that many boosts at the same time, they would have to be extremely low and increase very slowly. Also, when you say specific attack/defense, if that applies to guildies too, then even if it only gave, say, a 10% bonus to attack/def for GBG, if everyone built one that would be an extra 800% bonus. Imagine if it gave up to 30%. That would be a 2400% boost.

The problem right now is that with how the game is trending, there hasn't been any new mechanics recently that can be helped via GB. Yes, there's GBG, but that already provides rewards itself, and you could argue that the HC, SC, VP, and Kraken apply there. I think it would be cool to have a GB that could have a chance of reviving troops after the first and/or second waves of a battle. The only problem is it would be a late game GB useful for early players. With new ages coming out, the GB has to be of use to late game players, and there haven't been any new mechanics there since the space ages started.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

I originally meant the atk/def boosts only applies to you, not the entire guild. But a tiny fraction going to everyone would be a neat idea. So to make it more in line with limited number and named boosts:

1 - "Guild Warfare" atk/def in ge/gbg/gvg, +negotiation turn, reduced attrition chance, increased turn regen, relic gen. small boost for you, and tiny boost for everyone in guild. Kind of like the town hall boost from guild power.
2 - "Guild Supplier" gives guild goods, medals, power, support pool
3 - "Guild minigame" I don't know what to call it, or if it would work, but incorporate the minigames from the settlements. Aztec minesweeper and Japan market. In some way make it available with the goods available be based on the eras the rest of the guild are in. These would be personal goods, not guild goods.

Lord Pest

With so many of my GBs over level 100 none of them are easy or fun to level up. A GB that could help with that would be useful.

Johnny B. Goode

With so many of my GBs over level 100 none of them are easy or fun to level up. A GB that could help with that would be useful.
You mean something that would give other players extra rewards when they donate to your GBs? Like extra FPs, medals and BPs? Maybe scaling up to almost double rewards at level 80? Something like that would encourage them to donate to your GBs, and that would definitely help level them up. So yeah, that would be cool! :D

Kranyar the Mysterious

You mean something that would give other players extra rewards when they donate to your GBs? Like extra FPs, medals and BPs? Maybe scaling up to almost double rewards at level 80? Something like that would encourage them to donate to your GBs, and that would definitely help level them up. So yeah, that would be cool! :D
Woah... this is a great idea! Except I'd double the rewards at level 180, not level 80. Maybe 90% at level 80. I dub this awesome creation the Arc de Longshanks !

Expletive Deleted

How's about an Automaed Response GB

It would have two passive bonuses

1. The Dead Hand- when you are attacked and lose, GB has a % chance to destroy all attacking units. ( you will still be open to plunder but attacking player loses all 8 of their attacking army regardless of boosts or damage)

2. The Helping Hand- When a player aids you successfully, GB has a % chance to randomly aid something in that players city. ( this would not count towards daily aid limits, or be affected by other GBs like seed vault. )

Pericles the Lion

How's about an Automaed Response GB

It would have two passive bonuses

1. The Dead Hand- when you are attacked and lose, GB has a % chance to destroy all attacking units. ( you will still be open to plunder but attacking player loses all 8 of their attacking army regardless of boosts or damage)

2. The Helping Hand- When a player aids you successfully, GB has a % chance to randomly aid something in that players city. ( this would not count towards daily aid limits, or be affected by other GBs like seed vault. )

Just my .02.... (1) I don't keep track of how many times my city gets attacked but it's less than once per week. I planted the GT but ripped it out within a month. I wouldn't build a GB that punishes attackers simply because I don't get attacked much. (2) Unless the rewards for aiding (coins and the occasional BP) this bonus is of little use to all but very early players.

IMO, Inno needs to create a new mechanic then create a GB that buffs that mechanic. For purposes of illustration, let's say the new mechanic is "Time Travel" where players get to travel back in time to gather goods or maybe building fragments. Time travel requires some form of new game currency (similar to Promethium or Orithicalum). The GB bonus buffs the machine that generates the new game currency (similar to the SC). Just blue-skying, this is not a recommendation.

qaccy

A GB that provides a bonus to the negotiation minigame would be cool. Kinda like how the Kraken and Virgo Project can take out enemies immediately at the start of a battle, perhaps this GB would be able to immediately solve one of the NPCs or factor out one of the offer choices. Would be a GB with charges, so would have a production to reset it.

Something else that'd be half new is a Kraken (or Virgo) that works in the second wave of a two-wave battle. Again, something with charges.

Some sort of bonus that interacts with incidents. Probably not event-related incidents though, just the normal ones. Increase the likelihood of the better incidents spawning, and increase the rewards from them as well. Could be an entirely passive GB with no production.

L0FY

For your consideration:
"The Clone"
Basically every 24 hours it would give a % chance at duplicating the next selected existing GB's "collection". Think Blue Galaxy but only 1 chance per day and only applies to GB. "Collection" of course would only apply to instant rewards and not passive bonuses like the ARCs GB contributions and AO Critical hit. (that would break game) My thoughts are one day I really need more troops--so I use it to clone TRAZ that day. Next day I need special goods--so I clone my Space Carrier. Next day I need guild goods--so I clone ARC. Next day I need more FP--so I clone Cape. They could throw in a guaranteed passive reward like "X each good from 2 ages prior" since we have unrefined (3 ages prior) and Star Gazer (1 age prior). This way when the % chance doesn't pop, you at least get something. Of course benefit would be greatly improved by existing GB levels. So this is the type of GB that end gamers would find useful and have been asking for.

If that's too confusing and hard to code, here is an alternative:

"The Market"
This GB would give the owner a choice of 1 type of game "resource" each day. Choices would be: Coins, Supplies, FP, Goods, Guild Goods, Medals, Troops, Attack boost, Defense boost, Special Goods, Previous Age Goods, etc. Amounts of each rewarded per level would be scaled close to existing GB. I.E. each level supplies would be similar to HC, FP would be similar to Cape, Guild goods similar to ARC, Troops similar to TRAZ. Like "The Clone" this GB would allow each player, on a daily basis, to pick and choose what rewards they get. This promotes individual choice and flexibility for a more customized game experience.

Last edited:

Sheriff Of Rottingham

For your consideration:
"The Clone"
Basically every 24 hours it would give a % chance at duplicating the next selected existing GB's "collection". Think Blue Galaxy but only 1 chance per day and only applies to GB. "Collection" of course would only apply to instant rewards and not passive bonuses like the ARCs GB contributions and AO Critical hit. (that would break game) My thoughts are one day I really need more troops--so I use it to clone TRAZ that day. Next day I need special goods--so I clone my Space Carrier. Next day I need guild goods--so I clone ARC. Next day I need more FP--so I clone Cape. They could throw in a guaranteed passive reward like "X each good from 2 ages prior" since we have unrefined (3 ages prior) and Star Gazer (1 age prior). This way when the % chance doesn't pop, you at least get something. Of course benefit would be greatly improved by existing GB levels. So this is the type of GB that end gamers would find useful and have been asking for.

If that's too confusing and hard to code, here is an alternative:

"The Market"
This GB would give the owner a choice of 1 type of game "resource" each day. Choices would be: Coins, Supplies, FP, Goods, Guild Goods, Medals, Troops, Attack boost, Defense boost, Special Goods, Previous Age Goods, etc. Amounts of each rewarded per level would be scaled close to existing GB. I.E. each level supplies would be similar to HC, FP would be similar to Cape, Guild goods similar to ARC, Troops similar to TRAZ. Like "The Clone" this GB would allow each player, on a daily basis, to pick and choose what rewards they get. This promotes individual choice and flexibility for a more customized game experience.
Regarding the difficulty of implementing it...it could give you to ability to reduce the collection timer of any one building by 24 hours. Thus giving you double collection from the selected GB. Along the same lines, it could pay out various speed up boosts like "4-hour supply rush", or "Finish all coin Productions" each day.

wolfhoundtoo

What size and what kind of scale you talking about? More chances the higher you get with a higher percentage chance of it happening?

spartacus2.0

1. A gb that gives supplies and a few fp per scout
2. A gb that makes the duration of supply, coin, and defending boosts longer
3. A gb that reduces scouting time
4. A gb that gives an extra x% of an event quests's reward
5. A gb that produces blueprints

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

1. A gb that gives supplies and a few fp per scout
2. A gb that makes the duration of supply, coin, and defending boosts longer
3. A gb that reduces scouting time
4. A gb that gives an extra x% of an event quests's reward
5. A gb that produces blueprints
1. Himeji Castle gives those rewards, but not by scouting. A scouting bonus would be worthless for anyone who is in an advanced age, and the reward would not be triggered often enough to make the building worth the fp to build it.
5. Rain Forest Project

CDmark

Back in the day, I ran a joke in the guild with the Oracle. I spent time predicting when others would get that needed last BP, like this

"I see a distant light, looks like it is coming from a house" This was when someone was going for a LoA BP, that last one.

Or "blehgua-blah-go-blah" for the TOB. well, I got lucky, I called 3 in a row. so, a guildmate asked, how do I know. Well, I had to lie, I told him my Oracle predicted it. He asked me "how?". I told him I selected the 50 FP option to do predictions (all BS), it was only available when the Oracle was L 0, so no way he could select it. All lies, we all laughed, but a GB that can be like that, I cant tell you the parameters but something fun. I am sure many will hate it bcs they cant have all the good but you have to accept the bad. Maybe a GB that takes away? hmmm but gives?

Chino Kafuu

Well for a while I always wanted GBS to have tiers or milestone rewards. Every so many levels would get a new perk. This would make useless GBS more useful. For example. Let's say colleseum.

Level 40 - generates x troops of your age
Level 80 - % to attacking army
Level 120 - % to defending army
Level 160 - chance to kill X amont of troops on first wave.

And so on. Just an example. But if all gbs had this feature. All would be useful if a player decided to build them.

wolfhoundtoo

Which would mean they all would be the same building which takes away the idea that your city has limited space so you have to choose what you put into the City. Strictly speaking ALL great buildings are useful if you build them but the question becomes are they better than what you could put in that same space and your play style.

Chino Kafuu

Which would mean they all would be the same building which takes away the idea that your city has limited space so you have to choose what you put into the City. Strictly speaking ALL great buildings are useful if you build them but the question becomes are they better than what you could put in that same space and your play style.
You could be right. But colleseum, Norte Dame, Delphi, Babel, space needle, Virgo project etc. All useless. Yes they are same building but would have better benefits. Space is not really an issue. I have about 300+ squares in empty space. So I could build all if I wanted, but choose not to due to they just are not worth it. Inno has stated they will not change current rewards anyway. As I said its only a thought.