• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Building changes for 1.20

DeletedUser3556

I feel wronged, but I wont feel robbed until they decide to release a new offensive great building at 3% per level, that puts me 30% less than the 150% I was near before, for hundreds more forge points and time invested in having to level it up, and the overly expensive forge point scale that will be used for ages ME+ GB's (4,310 fp to reach level 10), combined with unchanging end of game neighborhoods (Last 2-3 ages) that guarantee that unless I buy out the blueprints with diamonds and build the GB first I'll have almost no chance to get it leveled with assistance from my neighbors without contributing 30%-50% of the forge points into it myself or 1200+ forge points. That's when I'll feel robbed.

DeletedUser

I can also understand how it is easy to think "oh well there must have been a better way" but honestly there are not that many good ways to do it if you think about it. For example, toopanca, your proposed idea has a huge hole --- what if a player is attacked by 30 players in the morning, and the first time he is looted is in the afternoon? All those players who attacked prior to the looting can still loot at any latter point, so the player is not protected from those loots. Let alone the fact that players who attack latter in the day would be facing a disadvantage because they will be attacking a boosted defense.

As to your response to my point two, it took five, maybe six seconds, for the plug to that hole to occur to me. Just require looters to loot at the time of their attack. Some attacks will come up empty. I do not find that heartbreaking. Rather real world, actually. The attacker will still be "rewarded" with tournament points that count towards metals.

And, if they do loot, add a progressive "Rage" or "Berserker" or "Vengeance" or "Vendetta" bonus of the sort that I suggested that increases for defense and counterattacks with each looting in a twenty-four hour period.

If the developers are receptive, I could spare more than five or six seconds to think about this; maybe a whole minute.

As to my point one, GB attack and defense bonuses do not have to be the same for GvG as for the rest of the game.

And, as to my point three, do not take away options that let players find the style of play that they find most affordable and most enjoyable.

DeletedUser7289

It's quite amusing to read all the whining from the coiners. You wont be able to beat up all 80 of your neighbors on a daily basis? That must be devastating...
Get real, folks. If you can't think your way through a game without cheats, you're not a very good player. If you can't adjust to a lower bonus, perhaps you should move to a simpler game. I'd suggest "pick-up-sticks", which is just as intellectually challenging as what you're currently doing and much cheaper.

DeletedUser2344

My goodness people. Follow the paper trail. Inno is a business. They're here to make money. They've used their creative talents to make a decent game but need to make a living. Every era adds a new dynamic to the game but also increases revenue. This GvG, no matter how buggy it still is on Beta, is being introduced (perhaps prematurely) to make us battle and spend diamonds to heal. And to top it off, they lower the GB military bldgs so that everyone will take much more damage and have to spend diamonds to heal. It's a revenue stream. The benefit to us is that they keep the game flowing (though by a few underhanded means). The benefit to them is profit. Like it or leave.

DeletedUser9620

i think the dev think every player has all the earlier gb maxed that isn't the case on the indust map the mexican part of it the maps howitzers have and atk of 63 while mine have and atk of 53 this seperation will only get worse with the changes that are being made and i don't think the dev have taken this into thier thinking they just want to send this new changes down the thoat of the players even if they don't want it without taking into account it is the players that play the game not the devs i think they shold leave the gb the way they are this whole game is changing focus now from the player trying to get as best a city as the player can with the help of freinds and guildies to were the player meakes the guild better and the player gets nothing from these cchanges

DeletedUser1862

I would wager that at least some of the developers themselves play the game, the best way to test if what they're doing is to experience it for yourself after all.

The defenses on the continent are intended to be difficult to get through, plus that section is bonus content and it's supposed to be difficult (you also don't have to do it), players just breezing through the map is something they're trying to stop. I'm not sure this change will be the final solution to that, but it will at least provide some of the difficulty they are trying to create.

DeletedUser2344

Just did my first tower battle on beta with these crippled GBs. It didn't go well at all. An 80 army tower at 50 defense is going to be nearly undefeatable unless massive diamonds are spent to heal. GvG will have a quick death and I forsee a major game evacuation.

DeletedUser

this is more pure garbage from a bankrupt development team. why don't you guys just leave the game alone? stop changing the basic design that we have designed our towns around. it's absolutely gross what you have done to pvp'ers. if these godawful changes are as bad as they sound then good players are going to quit in droves. yes i will be one of them. pathetic

DeletedUser3556

Just did my first tower battle on beta with these crippled GBs. It didn't go well at all. An 80 army tower at 50 defense is going to be nearly undefeatable unless massive diamonds are spent to heal. GvG will have a quick death and I forsee a major game evacuation.

What if any attack bonuses did you have, and you said 50 defense was that base, or boosted by something.

DeletedUser2344

Defensive bonus is determined by a guild pool of defensive GBs. It maxes out at 75 for one's headquarters and 50 for the individual towers. However, this apparently is not being applied on beta as everyone has 75 defense for HQ and 50 for towers. But I have all 3 offensive GBs at level 7. So what was 105 offensive bonus is now 63.

And the game locked up on me every 5-7 battles. They haven't come close to getting the bugs worked out on beta. Doesn't seem to be stopping them from letting everyone partake in the bugs though.

DeletedUser7331

For the last few weeks now I've been dumping forge points into my military boost GBs so that I could eventually reach a level sufficient to beat the 150%-boosted armies in the IA bonus provinces. And now I find out that even if I max out all of them I still won't have enough of a military boost to beat them. Thanks, guys. You know, every time you guys "improve" this game you make me want to play it less.

I have to agree 100%. I'm sure there are a lot of players that have skated through the ages only logging on to collect coin and supplies that are going to love it. The players that have spent hundreds of hours building a strong army are getting the shaft. The sad part is, my guild is to help newbies learn the basic game and we won't be participating in the GvG feature.

The military attack GBings need to be raised to level 16 and the amount of FP reduced per level. Then recalculate how many have been placed inside and adjusted to mach the same %. But then that is just the opinion of one player that has only bought a few diamond packs for expansions. I guess this isn't the only online game around and will probably end up spending my gaming dollars elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9620

big folly

There is an announcement describing the changes coming to Great Buildings
http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?5557-Great-Building-changes-for-GvG-and-1-20

this thread is for any discussion on the changes or questions. We will not be entertaining any proposals on this change until after it has come to the market. The entire discussion should be held here.

Yes, the devs will be updated on community feedback.

The changes are being announced now due to their nature, we did not want any surprised players.

i think it is a dumb idea and going to lose players who don't want to be in this gvg yet are effected by it you should create a way that if players want in gvg they have an window to join and if you don't everything stays the same but this might be to compliaced for you guys to handle many free games have tried to change thier game and lost many players so they had to shut the game down because it was profitable to keep it going

DeletedUser4844

i think it is a dumb idea and going to lose players who don't want to be in this gvg yet are effected by it you should create a way that if players want in gvg they have an window to join and if you don't everything stays the same but this might be to compliaced for you guys to handle many free games have tried to change thier game and lost many players so they had to shut the game down because it was profitable to keep it going
You are aware that nobody has to do GvG, and if you simply never click the button, you never enter GvG, and you lose absolutely nothing for not participating?

DeletedUser

Ok let me get this straight: GvG will go live on the 25th, and they still haven't worked out all the bugs yet, and they expect players to participate? Is Innogames that starved for money that they're willing to roll the dice with an unfinished product?

The only bright spot I see in this is that hopefully the tremendous amt of backlash over nerfing of offensive GBs will force the devs to reconsider their approach, although I'm not holding any hope over it.

DeletedUser

The only bright spot I see in this is that hopefully the tremendous amt of backlash over nerfing of offensive GBs will force the devs to reconsider their approach, although I'm not holding any hope over it.[/QUOTE]

don't count on it. these guys don't stop. i'm serious, they don't have an off switch. they began trashing the pvp with the intro of rogs and wfires about a year ago and the pace hasn't slackened. then they did the one and only positive thing they have done and that was improve the AI. that should have been enough for a rational design team but it wasn't. then came the pathetic monastery. ya you get a free 20% d boost for nothing, absolutely nothing. talk about a joke. i messaged one of the mods and asked for a cheap freebie for fighters. i suggested that with the amount of disdain towards pvp that they call it the "whorehouse" and have it give a mere 3% o boost but take up twice the space. i figured these weirdos might go for it but no siree! they are hell bent on trashing the pvp. so what do we do? where do we go? i'm open to suggestions. name a similar game (for godsakes not inno) and i'll check it out. i have enough clout that i can bring people with me and desert this chickenfarm. name the game.

DeletedUser2344

Well, the only thing that will get their attention is if there is either a mass evacuation or people quit spending diamonds.

But they are not dumb. They are castrating the GBs at the same time they are introducing GvG. So people will stick around long enough to realize their fights are working out like they used to. Then they'll go to their hood and battle and maybe only win about half of them.

Then there needs to be a mass quitting to get their attention. Our words mean nothing. Their pocketbooks will speak their language.

ITown

1.20 went live on the en server last week, and the mass exodus has already begun there. I wonder if Inno has realized that they need to delay this patch.

DeletedUser

After trying GvG on Beta I wont be bothering when it goes live. To be fair calling it PvP or GvG is actually a misnomer its Pv AI in both. The AI system is pathetic especially when an amy from LMA can beat an army of CA because the AI doesnt know what it is doing. This is down to bad programming. The same things occurred in Other games not owned by Inno etc and lost them a lot of players. If this is the way this game is going to keep going then I will be doing the same with this game as I did with other games not owned by Inno and walking away.

DeletedUser9620

2 hits from a howizter killed my armored car on the mexican part of the industrial map with zeus lvl 3 ,castel lvl 3 chatdedral lvl 4 these are going to be impossable to beat with these dumb gb changes