• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Can we get more info on GbG changes

-Chen-

Just watched the latest Mooingcat video where he talks about beta stuff, and he reiterated that he believes that it's very possible no changes end up being implemented at all, and that even if they are, it will be a while before anything is implemented to the live server, and even if something is done, it may very well be much different than the 66% nonsense that they tried doing (I've heard that theory somewhere before ;) :p )....good point that he made was that it was too late to make these kind of changes, that something like this would have needed to be done far sooner, and they dropped the ball in that sense, now trying to "lock the barn door after the cows already got out," so to speak (a thought that also sounds familiar)

Pericles the Lion

Just watched the latest Mooingcat video where he talks about beta stuff, and he reiterated that he believes that it's very possible no changes end up being implemented at all, and that even if they are, it will be a while before anything is implemented to the live server, and even if something is done, it may very well be much different than the 66% nonsense that they tried doing (I've heard that theory somewhere before ;) :p )....good point that he made was that it was too late to make these kind of changes, that something like this would have needed to be done far sooner, and they dropped the ball in that sense, now trying to "lock the barn door after the cows already got out," so to speak (a thought that also sounds familiar)
MooingCat does very good work but he's an influencer, not a decision maker. Regardless, you greatly embellished what he communicated in his "Week 32 Recap" video. It seems like you heard what you wanted to hear and not what he actually said.

-Chen-

MooingCat does very good work but he's an influencer, not a decision maker. Regardless, you greatly embellished what he communicated in his "Week 32 Recap" video. It seems like you heard what you wanted to hear and not what he actually said.
Like I said the last time I popped on here to discuss this topic, we'll see what happens....and what he said was pretty hard to misinterpret, but others are more than welcome to check in for themselves and make their own interpretation of what he said, in fact, I highly encourage them to do so, he's worth checking out on lots of other stuff to :)

Ebeondi Asi

I agree the interpretation f waht MooingCat said is pretty much what Chen wrote. And I would have to agree with all that. And of course Inno may do something different. That is obvious.

RazorbackPirate

Like I said the last time I popped on here to discuss this topic, we'll see what happens....and what he said was pretty hard to misinterpret, but others are more than welcome to check in for themselves and make their own interpretation of what he said, in fact, I highly encourage them to do so, he's worth checking out on lots of other stuff to :)
I don't need to hear what MooingCat has to say to know it's pure speculation just like every other opinion. Unless it's coming from Inno, it has no weight or value. Let's deconstruct.
Just watched the latest Mooingcat video where he talks about beta stuff, and he reiterated that he believes that it's very possible no changes end up being implemented at all
Correct. Inno has stated this themselves, see their quote from Beta I posted on the other GBG thread.
and that even if they are, it will be a while before anything is implemented to the live server,
No one knows this other than Inno. I don't know what their plans are for the roll out, but it will be when they're ready. That could be next week, or next month.
it may very well be much different than the 66% nonsense that they tried doing (I've heard that theory somewhere before ;) :p )
As Inno has stated themselves. It's not a theory, it's in the quote I posted. However, unless and until we see a change in the percentages on Beta, they're staying with the 66% cap. At this stage, the 66% cap is what I expect to see on the Live servers when the change goes live. That they've not changed the formula after what, 4 rounds now, doesn't bode well for the "there might still be changes crowd.
good point that he made was that it was too late to make these kind of changes, that something like this would have needed to be done far sooner, and they dropped the ball in that sense, now trying to "lock the barn door after the cows already got out," so to speak (a thought that also sounds familiar)
If it were too late, we wouldn't be seeing the Beta test. Did they drop the ball by not fixing it sooner? Probably. As for the last part, this is not about cows, or doors. Cute analogy, but it doesn't apply.

Last edited:

-Chen-

I don't need to hear what MooingCat has to say to know it's pure speculation just like every other opinion. Unless it's coming from Inno, it has no weight or value. Let's deconstruct.

Correct. Inno has stated this themselves, see their quote from Beta I posted on the other GBG thread.

No one knows this other than Inno. I don't know what their plans are for the roll out, but it will be when they're ready. That could be next week, or next month.

As Inno has stated themselves. It's not a theory, again, see the quote I posted.

If it were too late, we wouldn't be seeing the Beta test. Did they drop the ball by not fixing it sooner? Probably. As for the last part, this is not about cows, or doors. Cute analogy, but it doesn't apply.
If you say so , and I'm good without seeing your quote, like I said, just popped my head in this morning and saw the new thread, and figured I'd give my two cents!
Like I said in the last thread, time will tell the story on what they do, as well as which of us on here read the situation more correctly than others I suppose. Can't say as I'll lose any sleep either way though. And I'm glad you thought my analogy was cute, but it's been around for a while, so I can't take credit for it!

Dominator - X

I know it is not part of the voting system, (I was being factious above) but it would be interesting to see how the majority lines up on this. The comments have not been very supportive. However, that does not always reflect how a group would vote. If players were to vote, even if INNO was not swayed, I wonder what the result would be, given how drastic a change is being proposed.

Xenosaur

We can speculate if the population here, is similar to the sample from beta. I think (as probably so do you...) that you'd see similar numbers, but probably more exacerbated here, since there are more people in the game with access to this forum to see this than in beta. Word certain has spread here from there that this is being "tested" in beta (wink, wink).

I think if there was a vote here that mattered and could stop the implementation of the new protocol by a strong tally of votes to seemingly thwart adopting the test decision from becoming the "final" game decision, it would make votes count. Stop a freight train? Probably not, but nice to think so.

Once votes count, everyone would "tell their player friends in the game to "Get out to the forum, and vote on this". It would probably move to serious vote weight, IMHO, 85%+ against any changes (ie, leave it alone, no 66% cap).

honey55

Not sure that a vote should count for something like free attrition. If it did, maybe we could vote to get other perks. To me it isn't much different than a politician voting himself a raise. Just because it's good for some of the players or even all, which it isn't, doesn't mean it's good for the game.

Ebeondi Asi

On Sept 29 Thursday GbG start all left handed players on all USA server Worlds will be starting a new feature called attrition death march. :eek:
The Right handed player will not be affected. ....
or on the roll of some dice for each World, it may be the reverse...
I hope this information is of little comfort to those worriers. Everyone else have fun!!!. :D

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

Ebeondi, thank you for this information. I am left handed and for the past few months have been having to use my right hand due to seriously damaging my left hand in an accident. But I have now reached a point in my recovery where my physio therapist has ok'd me to use my computer mouse with my left hand again. So I am really looking forward to this new feature.

MJ Artisan of War

According to the beta moderator the nerf will not be coming to live servers the next season... the painful pointless beta testing will continue "into the foreseeable future".... With no feedback from INNO of course....