• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Building changes for 1.20

DeletedUser9681

My goodness people. Follow the paper trail. Inno is a business. They're here to make money. They've used their creative talents to make a decent game but need to make a living. Every era adds a new dynamic to the game but also increases revenue. This GvG, no matter how buggy it still is on Beta, is being introduced (perhaps prematurely) to make us battle and spend diamonds to heal. And to top it off, they lower the GB military bldgs so that everyone will take much more damage and have to spend diamonds to heal. It's a revenue stream. The benefit to us is that they keep the game flowing (though by a few underhanded means). The benefit to them is profit. Like it or leave.

0 people playing = 0 revenue. There is a fine balance, and if no one plays, no one pays

DeletedUser

Just want to formally log my disappointment with these changes... I spent a lot of money to buy diamonds which I used for Blueprints, goods, and forge points to buy the Great Buildings that had the boosts I deemed worthy of paying for. Now you have reduced them by 40%, without applying the reduction computer units, which is wholly unfair, and you have not refunded 40% of my money, which i think is a scam.

Very, very disappointed in these changes, as is every other player I have spoken to. Shame on you guys for downgrading the game with these updates.

DeletedUser

I started playing this game when it was still beta. Shortly after that, 1.00 came out with very little change.

It seems like now with every update, comes a down grade.

People send hints and tricks on how to advance fast.........next Update down grades it. And that door is shut and locked.

There once was a trick to this and that,,,,as they read and find them....they shut them down...another door shut and locked.

I watched all my friends advance doing all them tricks before. but now its gone and I'm left in the dust.

What I'm trying to say.....when you messed with the GB's you lost me. I'm not into GvG I see nothing but lose in it for me.

Give me back my GP stats

Toppcatt

I'm just glad that I learned with the JSON issue, that the people running this game are nothing but thieves, and so I ended up only letting them steal my money for the 1st two months I was playing.

And to the posters who are trying in vain to defend what these crooks and hacks have and are doing here, you are the type of people, I would never do business with, because you seem to think that running scams and stealing, are the "best model" of the way to do business.

I'd be willing to bet money, on what political party you vote for. Because anybody who thinks what this company is doing, and has done here, is just "good business", reminds me of the morons that are in the majority in the House of Representatives, who seem to believe that big money and mega-corporations can do anything they want, all in the name of business and their "gods" of greed, money, and power.

DeletedUser1862

I'd be willing to bet money, on what political party you vote for. Because anybody who thinks what this company is doing, and has done here, is just "good business", reminds me of the morons that are in the majority in the House of Representatives, who seem to believe that big money and mega-corporations can do anything they want, all in the name of business and their "gods" of greed, money, and power.
You wanna hand over the money right now, cause I doubt you'd even be close to what party I vote for. I choose not to vote for anyone, all of the candidates seemed like bad choices. I'd love to be able to volunteer for the rest of my life and never receive recognition for anything I do, and I'm quite happy to tell people that.
Don't try to presume what 'good business' is when you're only seeing one side of the issue.
This is not the first game I've played that things like this happen, and those games are still functioning. I would guess because there is nothing that can be done. The developers are not doing anything illegal with this, we allowed them to make changes like this when we signed up for the game. The amount of complaining isn't worth listening to.
As I see it, you're the crooks, trying to get what you deserve for what you're paying, that's not how things work here.

DeletedUser8902

I don't like my attack GBs being downgraded. I've worked hard to try and max my buildings out for that 150% attack boost, now to find out it will only be 90%. This gives too much of an advantage to people who have bought a hundred watchfires and have uber defense. Another thing is on the world map some of the sectors have 125% military boost, are these sectors going to readjusted to make them easier.
Agreed, people in my guild are ticked off,,,, after so much process went into leveling them, we find now, my 30% bonus attack has been downgraded....
whats the point of it, if in the new change you decide to downgrade it again?
You did this with medals on deal last year, and that sucked. after so much work to gain them, reducing them by 100's was really bad.
you should have just left everything alone, and for us that invested time and money to upkeep, is isnt fair,,,, you didnt downgrade the cost of diamonds, did you?

DeletedUser

Agreed, people in my guild are ticked off,,,, after so much process went into leveling them, we find now, my 30% bonus attack has been downgraded....
whats the point of it, if in the new change you decide to downgrade it again?
You did this with medals on deal last year, and that sucked. after so much work to gain them, reducing them by 100's was really bad.
you should have just left everything alone, and for us that invested time and money to upkeep, is isnt fair,,,, you didnt downgrade the cost of diamonds, did you?
I started playing this game when it was still beta. Shortly after that, 1.00 came out with very little change.

It seems like now with every update, comes a down grade.

People send hints and tricks on how to advance fast.........next Update down grades it. And that door is shut and locked.

There once was a trick to this and that,,,,as they read and find them....they shut them down...another door shut and locked.

I watched all my friends advance doing all them tricks before. but now its gone and I'm left in the dust.

What I'm trying to say.....when you messed with the GB's you lost me. I'm not into GvG I see nothing but lose in it for me.

Give me back my GP stats

From what I read now, They have no plans on giving my GB stats back.

They should have just made a new game....FOE2 with all them changes......I was happy in FOE1

If you don't Give me back my GB stats....lol what am I going to do? nothing

Time to move on to another rip off game....it will not be one of Inno games....Maybe I'll go back and play EVE again I did pay for that:eek:

DeletedUser

The developers also need to downgrade the defending armies on the PvE (world) map. My army used to be at 60% attack and defense which gave me a fighting chance against defending armies on the world map that had 100% defense bonus. Now at 27%, I have no chance and will give up on the world map.

DeletedUser6120

downgrade in defense boosts

I actually really welcome this change. The bias toward attackers had grown way too lopsided if you ask me. One thing to clarify though, does this mean that my defensive GB's will now give an attack bonus too when my city is being attacked? Hopefully this will even things out a lot more and put a damper on the serial farmers out there!

I am seriously aggravated by the changes that have been made to the Great Buildings. I have a St. Basils, that was up to level #3, which gave me a 30% defense boost----which is why I got the building in the first place. This same building is now at 9%! Now someone explain to me how it is of benefit to me that my defense boost goes from 30% to 9%? Yes, I know all about the combination 3% attack and 3% defense---well, that still only combines to 6%, and that is well below the 10% per level that I had already earned. And no one is giving me back those forge points even though they took away the benefits. I spent a lot of forge points on that building, and now it is not worth the space it is taking up. And it is not like they have lessened the cost of each level. It will cost me 210 forge points to get to the next level of my St. Basil's---for 3%? Hardly worth it. I feel cheated and feel that the designers did not give enough consideration to this matter. They have rendered this Great Building not worth having anymore

DeletedUser

I am seriously aggravated by the changes that have been made to the Great Buildings. I have a St. Basils, that was up to level #3, which gave me a 30% defense boost----which is why I got the building in the first place. This same building is now at 9%! Now someone explain to me how it is of benefit to me that my defense boost goes from 30% to 9%? Yes, I know all about the combination 3% attack and 3% defense---well, that still only combines to 6%, and that is well below the 10% per level that I had already earned. And no one is giving me back those forge points even though they took away the benefits. I spent a lot of forge points on that building, and now it is not worth the space it is taking up. And it is not like they have lessened the cost of each level. It will cost me 210 forge points to get to the next level of my St. Basil's---for 3%? Hardly worth it. I feel cheated and feel that the designers did not give enough consideration to this matter. They have rendered this Great Building not worth having anymore

They should of just made a new game FOE2 and left the other alone. Maybe refund old players Diamonds to move to the new game. As it is now, I can no longer advance it the old style of play.

I was just about to get tanks and catch up with a lot of some old players and take the new world.

Computer has 40% attack and I'm down from 60% to 33. It just took the wind out of me. Why would they down grade my game so much! I no longer want to play anymore all I do now is sign on daily...in hope they will change it back and collect goods every 8 hours.

Not a happy camper

After this week ends Most of my cities/towns will read ......

I'm no longer playing any Inno games till they give me my Zeus and our combat stats back.

Last edited by a moderator:

ITown

So, I was trying to fight the map (Ostrand) with my new and ~improved~ 69% attack bonus (formerly 115%)

Sq7i7nx.png

DeletedUser9074

Check my account Inno, I have spent a lot of money for diamonds (over $500.00 US) all for nothing. I did plan on buying a lot more from you till you made the (bait & switch) changes you did. Well I have since quit the game, and deleted all my hard work in the hopes that others will follow my lead. Now, I'm using my hard earned money on a new project, one that warns the public just what type of company you really are. Enjoy the money (consider it a gift from me) you'll need it. See ya on the interwebs.....

DeletedUser9074

um.....son of two....

I dont think they'll read this.

I was just stating my case about the subject, I know they won't see it and if they do, (won't really care anyhow) What matters is other players read it. What they did with the GB's was just wrong (in my opinion) The players that spent money for the purpose of building great buildings was promised something but received something different in return. It's like someone selling you a gold ring for $500.00 and giving you a plastic one in return. I got scammed by Inno (so it's my fault) I just wanted to let Inno, and the other players know how I (and many others) feel about this. It's their game and I guess they can just up and change the rules at anytime, but it's not right (and they know it)

I for one, don't enjoy being ripped off. So I plan on letting the world know. Granted, it was a fun game but since I (and many others) have real money invested, I consider it a personal attack and now will do everything in my power to shut them down for being the con artist they are.

DeletedUser3556

Meh, I tried to look up your town, couldn't find you anywhere.

edit: Somehow I doubt your the guy in Bronze Age, that just finished the tutorial. . . in cirgard

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3556

Found you, I wanted to put your town in context. I have a theory that people that haven't battled near max level offensive great building strength's in the 110-150% range, can't begin to understand how overpowered that level of extra attack and defense on attack was. The same goes for people with defensive great buildings that haven't had the experience of a 110-150% attacking player crushing their close to 200% defensive boosted army and suffering only a few ticks of damage.

Dem2 tried to explain why the change to great buildings was needed on post #58, but I got lost halfway through the bullet points and didn't know what he was referring ( alternate realities of beta or something ) ,so I came up with my own theory.

They did 2 changes
1st change they decided to change the defensive great buildings to 50% attack and 50% defense on Defense. So for both buildings that would max at 100% att/ 100% def.
Then they realized that with that much attack on defense players that didn't invest in offensive great buildings would be unable to defeat their armies even if they choose the appropriate troop compositions to counter the defending armies ( It would be like trying to attack a sector with diamond rewards on the world map )

So they took the 150%Att/Def offensive great building max, and the 100% Att/Def defensive great building max, and scaled it down to 60% of what it was.
150*.6 = 90% and 100*.6 = 60.
And that's my theory of how we arrived at the current totals.

Thus far I'm still waiting to see If a player with a maxed out St. Basil in LMA has any positive or negative feedback. Same goes for someone in Colonial Age or above that has both Basil and Deal Castle maxed. It was said somewhere before on the forums, but the point of a defending army is supposed to be to cause so much damage to the attacking army that they wont want to attack again. I waiting to see if anyone can confirm that the change in Defensive Great Buildings made that the case.

Now I was 2 level's away from finishing my last offensive great building so my bonus went from 140% to 84% so I know It sucks, you miss what you had. The fact that the great buildings have and Increasing cost to build per level at the rate they do, despite the fact that the bonuses don't get better, and the increase in stats is countered by the increased requirements of later ages... Thats another post in itself.

But the change has added some much needed strategy for players with great buildings on the high offensive end or without as It has made the Rock, Paper, Scissor game between the troops relevant again. I can clearly remember a time when you could take 8 fast unit Dragoons and with 100%+ offensive bonus kill just about everything on the world map. And once you clear the world map there's nothing to do but pvp and well get bored.

But well that's just my take on it.

DeletedUser3556

There is a definite downside of the overall reduction in great building strength and that is Its going to be very hard to get new players excited about the offensive great building bonus with such small gains per level. This would affect donations into Zues from people that already have them in the lower ages. Take Statue of Zues the first offensive great building available. At max level were looking at gains of only 2 attack points for all unit types except Artillery that gains only 1. Additionally for Zues in bronze age It would take inventments of 200 forge points before the player would even see the first point of gain and the next gain of 1 wouldn't arrive untill levels 8 plus. That's 960 forge points after the first 200.

If they tried to take a longer term look at the benefits vs the cost and examine Iron Age they would find gains at max zues level of +3 attack for Light Melee, Range Unit and Fast Unit, with + 2 bonus on Heavy Unit and Artillery.

Its only when you look at the benefits of a maxed Zues from ages HMA and Beyond that you start to see the results with base offensive stats 20, 16 and 10 that boost +6, +4, and +3.

The end result of the change players looking to build offensive great buildings really have to make a long term commitment to maxing them out, with they themselves having to donate many of the points to finish them. Zues is easiest if started in bronze age and even Iron age, you can get lucky with a few new players that dont understand how the bonuses work and get a few levels. But once your in the later ages, starting older offensive great buildings requires either forge point dumping from friends in the guild, or self investment. Zues only costs 2200 forge points to max, but for the few unlucky people with offensive great buildings that are only part way done, and In ages far more advanced you'll have to look at putting in half or more of that yourself to finish.

The effect on Cathedral of Aachen and Castel del Monte is much the same only the total cost increases by 750 forge points for Aachen and 1210 more for Castel, which is about 32 days of daily forge point contribution more for the first and 50 for the later.

My guess is that Aachen will have its Coin bonus boosted up a small amount to make it more enticing and the Castel will remain the same as they are reluctant with giving forge points.
If they had made the bonus for offensive buildings 40% they could have made a increasing scale starting at 3% going up to 7% at last level that would have kept and probably even increased the forge point activity in all 3 great buildings but as is they only have what they have to work with now, and you cant start at 2% and make people wait 4-5 levels to get the first boost from great buildings.