• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Lafawnduh

There's also been no reply to the damage and troop configuration. I cannot reach the same attrition by 1/4 in FE city and 1/5 in SAAB city. Other players have noticed that some 2 wave battles have different troops - for instance no artillery in the first or second waves used to be normal. Now there can be artillery in the second wave. How is one supposed to choose what to fight with if they're going quickly?

As far as the 20% that's a joke. Every city I'm much closer to 30% over the last 2 seasons.

Lafawnduh

Your explantions today address NONE of the real problems with the system, mainly in the two area of matchups and rankings. Additonally, you did not address that wining is just a matter of which guild will spend the most goods and diamonds. Waiting for these bullding without expressing with diamonds is just so terrible. The whole idea of competition in your format is a total joke.
Exactly. One map has 4 guilds of 50+, mine with 20ish, one with 14 and another with 7 ppl. The 7 member guild has all space era players and has 1/4 to 1/3 of the map, where my guild with twice as many fighters is relegated to the porch. Was there communication with the green and blue? no point based on past history but dark blue was communicated with and they claim not swapping. Sure looks like swapping to me. Matching is broken. We get paired with the dark blue guild EVERY time we are on the diamond map. Almost without fail. The GVG ranking is irrelevant for us because we aren't on any maps at this time. Something needs to be tweaked because when there's nothing for folks to DO then they wander away. We used to be pretty competitive until the matchmaking system had us paired with all large guilds (over a year or so, probably more like 2 years ago) and guess what? this SAME dark blue guild was one of those we constantly got matched with. People wandered away from GBG and don't bother. You want to make $$ but folks need to actually have a reason to log in. This new GBG cuts that out for the smaller guilds. For a very active player such as myself I'm not even logging in often. Not everyone wants to play in a super guild - besides the fact there's only 80 slots.

Another revision/change would be to make the diamond cost 50 per player even with the 250 for the HQ building - 5 clicks at 50 diamonds each. More than one player can contribute, so one player doesn't have to do all the spending. Over time this will seriously kill the smaller guilds, too. Not everyone spends money on this game.
gbg in g 10-18.jpg

Orius Maximus

Well at least they're looking at matchmaking. I still think the current system does cram too many guilds into Diamond though.

Like the announcement on the fragment conversions. I was going to suggest exactly that so the earned fragments don't get wasted.

Plotus

Have Inno addressed the concern that coming 4th in 1k diamond earns no tower frags yet coming 1st in 901-999 diamond earns 3k frags. Plus the guilds who come 1st in 901-999 diamond rank higher as they automatically join 1k diamond the next round. This seems unfair, is there any logic to a guild that cannot compete in 1k diamond should be ranked higher because they can beat comparatively weak guilds but get nowhere with the strong 1k guilds?

planetofthehumans2

So they're ONLY GIVING HALF of the frags we earned from previous gbg rewards with no upgrade??????????

None of the buildings should build longer than it takes for the sector to unlock !

If inno truly wanted "more people in the guild to participate"/stop diamond farming, they would have just put a battle limit like they do with the abortion limit or alter the diamond distribution to only N rewards per day. They didn't need all this attrition/battles mumbo jumbo.

Honestly I've not seen any change from FP distribution, it's been 10 in diamond yet lower %. I'm not sure what the announcement was getting at.

And the tourney frags requirement is too high for the average player to build in 2 weeks of GBG (1000+ fights per session). It would take me over a month to get the building (5000 fights) at least and the building is only active for 2 weeks?????? Who thinks up this hogswash???? Was this supposed to only be for the fighters who use the bots to get 5k fights per session??? You can build the forgotten temple if you do all GE every week for a month and it has a months limit, but this is some kind of nonsense nobodys gonna build it every week for GBG or ever when they get the frags!

Athanofthered

So they're ONLY GIVING HALF of the frags we earned from previous gbg rewards with no upgrade??????????

None of the buildings should build longer than it takes for the sector to unlock !

If inno truly wanted "more people in the guild to participate"/stop diamond farming, they would have just put a battle limit like they do with the abortion limit or alter the diamond distribution to only N rewards per day. They didn't need all this attrition/battles mumbo jumbo.

Honestly I've not seen any change from FP distribution, it's been 10 in diamond yet lower %. I'm not sure what the announcement was getting at.

And the tourney frags requirement is too high for the average player to build in 2 weeks of GBG (1000+ fights per session). It would take me over a month to get the building (5000 fights) at least and the building is only active for 2 weeks?????? Who thinks up this hogswash???? Was this supposed to only be for the fighters who use the bots to get 5k fights per session??? You can build the forgotten temple if you do all GE every week for a month and it has a months limit, but this is some kind of nonsense nobodys gonna build it every week for GBG or ever when they get the frags!
There is a battle limit it's called attrition once you reach your max based on your stats you reach the limit of how many battles you can fight.

Emberguard

Previously you needed 200 Fragments to build the old Statue of Honor / Great Elephant kits. Now you only need 100 fragments.

If they had kept it at needing 200 Fragments, then I would assume that would have meant a 1:1 ratio for conversion too.

For end of season rewards, you're now able to assemble 2 kits per end of season (assuming 1st in diamond) -VS- previously needing to complete 2 seasons to get a attachment piece / Statue of Honor kit, or 3 seasons to get a Great Elephant selection kit.

*Blush*

As a leader in Xyr of a smaller diamond league guild I can say the changes are not good for anyone but the top few guilds. My guild had 38 members when the change started and we were ranked #13 by the old system so we know how to fight and can usually hold our own. This season has us paired with 2 of the top ranked guilds that have 80 members who now control the entire map and won't let anyone else even get a fight in. They built the most expensive buildings on every territory so some needed over 600 battles to win. For a smaller guild like mine that is impossible. We spent the ridiculous amount to build the base camp building and it was a total waste. They fill and flip even the tier 5 ring in a matter of minutes so farming is not an option anymore even around your base camp. I don't see much difference in fp rewards but there is a definate difference in diamonds. I don't mind the increase from 160 to 200 in battles needed but the 5-30% more battles given with every building has killed any chance of a smaller guild even being able to fight let alone compete. So yes the system allows for more battles with attrition raising slower but only for a few. My fighters have lost interest. The rest of us are just sitting on the sidelines. If INNO's goal was to get more people to participate this was an epic failure.

Last edited:

Amitola1

Frankly this discussion is going over my head since we are in Platinum not Diamond. Guess it might make sense when we make it there. most if not all of the dissatisfaction is coming from guilds in Diamond both large and small. I hope INNO gets this straightened out soon. Speaking of Platinum I have noticed that many of the guilds have changed their approach and working hard to stay in Platinum so they don't have deal with what is going on in Diamond.

Coach Zuck

since this gbg update happened.. i'm wondering if you will ever rebalance the titan troops with other eras so they aren't so weak.
did you just rush to titan without stopping in the eras in the middle or something? Every era does this.. All your new expansions must be used getting higher attack just to get what you already had.

Mark of Cornwall

Notice that now the attrition cap has gone from 80% to more than 70% according to the latest whitewash announcement put out
by Inno, I can understand now why I was never about to attain the 80% relief, the chance of 80% should be relabelled " No chance
of 80%"

Pericles the Lion

Notice that now the attrition cap has gone from 80% to more than 70% according to the latest whitewash announcement put out
by Inno, I can understand now why I was never about to attain the 80% relief, the chance of 80% should be relabelled " No chance
of 80%"
Nothing to notice. The attrition cap is still 80% (applies to sectors marked with a blue "20%"). The red percentages apply where the chance for gaining attrition is greater than 70%. I've done over 8K fights on 20% sectors and, based on the amount of attrition I've taken, can comfortably say that the 20% is accurate.

Lafawnduh

did you just rush to titan without stopping in the eras in the middle or something? Every era does this.. All your new expansions must be used getting higher attack just to get what you already had.
There's no real 'rushing" to Titan lol. I have friends who are VERY strong fighters - 4k+ att/def and they all say the same thing: titan troops are junk. THey fight with jupiter troops until they reach an individual attrition mark then switch to Titan to let their AO do some of he heavy lifting but it's a resounding cry "titan troops suck!". Sorry, but it's true. "Its like Flying Turtles except the turtles are actually better troops than this titan garbage" is one comment I heard.

Lafawnduh

Ok i just did a little test - at 0 attrition I was able to do 8 fights in my FE city before all troops wiped out. AO 115 1447/1396. In SAAB city was able to do 19 fights, AO 113 1528/1383. Tell me there's not something messed up with the damage taken by non space era troops.