• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Amitola1

As long as you are a member of the top 3 DL guilds on your map when the season ends, you should get the reward.
Just found out you collect frags for Tourney Grounds as you fight. Frags for top 3 are for Tower of Champions building. So if they keep the TG then you can do Diamond multiple times and keep aquiring TG frags.

Dominator - X

Just found out you collect frags for Tourney Grounds as you fight. Frags for top 3 are for Tower of Champions building. So if they keep the TG then you can do Diamond multiple times and keep aquiring TG frags.
The question was about the Tower of Champions. Therefore, my response.

Be Chuille

@LeCron The "Addressing your feedback regarding Guild Battlegrounds!" does not really address most concerns.
For one thing... the new guild ranking does not make any sense.

Also, the cost of the HQ buildings is too high, which you acknowledge, but do not say what you are going to do about it.
The cost of all of the new buildings is too high. Even some large top guilds are already finding their resources drained after 2 seasons.

And you say again that you are not doing anything about matchmaking, which has been one of the biggest issues for a long time now.
This is mostly due to the use of LP points triggering guilds jumping up and down drastically between leagues.

Lothar123

I just read Inno's response to player feedback. While some may be disappointed with the content, which mostly boils down to "we're not making any additional changes at the moment but will watch and consider additional changes in the future," I just wanted to note for what it's worth that I really appreciate the feedback. It's intensely frustrating when players offer feedback in forum threads like this and don't receive any response or acknowledgment of our concerns. Just seeing that Inno read, thought about, and took time to respond to our feedback to date is huge, in my book, even if Inno isn't rushing to make further changes in response.

Kaidi

I'm still confused by this:

The guilds you will compete against in your Championship will remain the same throughout these 6 seasons. There might be changes though, if a new guild is founded or deleted during your Championship.

There are 27 or 29 (or something) diamond guilds on Carthage. So that means if they weren't there are the start of the season, but reach Diamond after this season, or next season...they won't be on our map for the entirety of the Championship? And the guilds who drop down to Platinum will be on our map? (Those two situations aren't covered by "founded" or "deleted", and it does say the Championship guilds will remain the same.)

Overall I'm not minding the changes, but I'm really confused about that statement.

Amitola1

Make sure each of you reads the entire update in your official section thread. Has a lot of good information about the current state of the new GBG and future plans for GBG. Would be a good idea to bookmark it if you can.

Amitola1

The guilds you will compete against in your Championship will remain the same throughout these 6 seasons. There might be changes though, if a new guild is founded or deleted during your Championship.

There are 27 or 29 (or something) diamond guilds on Carthage. So that means if they weren't there are the start of the season, but reach Diamond after this season, or next season...they won't be on our map for the entirety of the Championship? And the guilds who drop down to Platinum will be on our map? (Those two situations aren't covered by "founded" or "deleted", and it does say the Championship guilds will remain the same.)

Overall I'm not minding the changes, but I'm really confused about that statement
It is confusing but I think if you are not in Diamond right now but move up then you could become involved in a different Championship with different guilds. If it means the current Championship is set and a guild moves into Diamond it will not be included in the current Championship that could be a reason to not move to Diamond until this Championship is done. However you should still be able to receive frags for the TG building which would make it worth moving up to Diamond. It could also mean that by winning your Platinum season (it credits your guild with a Champion point) that you would already have 1 point toward the Championship. Just speculation at this point.

Dazhel

Your theory is flawed. You are presuming that every member of a Guild is interested in GbG. This clearly is not the case. You have minimized the ability of those of us that like GbG, and are not high ranking, to keep the playing field moving, and have made an enjoyable experience one of pressure and unrealistic goals. You have forced the higher age players into becoming traders for the treasury to carry their entire Guild, purely for the Battle Grounds. Smaller Diamond League Guilds have no chance of getting a first, or even staying in Diamond League. I have yet to see anything that makes these changes justifiable, unless of course those losing interest and leaving justifies these changes. I am happy to try new changes, but this one is dislike by all I have discussed it with. Long time players are now being excluded from Guilds that have been forced to implement a minimum participation that is not achievable by all. Beta testing must have shown that this was not a popular route to take. Shame on you for not listening to those that keep the empire the awesome place it used to be.

Last edited:

Coach Zuck

Now it’s a slog. We’re still fast, but the sectors take so many more fights that some players burn out before the round is over, the pace slows down and the leaders are stuck babysitting the rest of the slower sectors even if they are burned out themselves. All the excitement is gone. This feels like work now.
Not a fan…
How do I "Like" a message 100x instead of just once?

billlaca

Your explantions today address NONE of the real problems with the system, mainly in the two area of matchups and rankings. Additonally, you did not address that wining is just a matter of which guild will spend the most goods and diamonds. Waiting for these bullding without expressing with diamonds is just so terrible. The whole idea of competition in your format is a total joke.

Coach Zuck

@LeCron
It is important to note that designing a matchmaking system that caters to all types of player groups is a complex challenge. Our goal for Guild Battlegrounds is to provide a platform where the most competitive players and guilds can compete on equal footing. This inevitably means that smaller guilds may face disadvantages.
and you've failed horribly at this, it is completely random, even for the top guilds.

We're seeing lower tier guilds get "wins" while top tier guilds are randomly getting matched from each other. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd strongest guilds on Z are all currently matched together while the 4th strongest guild gets an easy win, which will likely damage the 2nd and 3rd place guilds for the entire championship given the rarity of 3 of us matching up against each other. It either needs to be a ladder format, or matching guilds based on how many victories they've achieved in the current championship (this would be an EASY and effective change!), or guaranteeing 2 top guilds face each other at any time (with the rest on each map being filler).

While we acknowledge that top-tier guilds may desire stronger opponents for a more challenging experience, implementing changes to the matchmaking system at this stage is not something we pursued with the latest update. The significant changes made to Guild Battlegrounds warranted a period of observation to assess how the dynamics of the feature may shift.
Isn't this what Beta is for? rip it off production and go "assess" it on beta. Inno didn't react effectively to their feedback either.

Emberguard

Overall I'm not minding the changes, but I'm really confused about that statement.

I could be wrong, but I think it just means that every Guild in the world is competing via their score on Global Ranking for who is declared the winner at the end of the Championship period

As every Guild that you could possibly compete against already exists, the only way for the total number of Guilds competing (in the Global Ranking) to change is for one to be founded or deleted

Last edited:

Dazhel

The opening sign in page now has the official news. yes the new GbG is starting this Thursday
I am happy and pumped to see it. Hope it is a lot of fun.
It certainly will be clearing out a lot of Diamond League Treasuries unless those Guilds double or triple the Treasury Goods donations daily.

All the naysayers and fantasy rage quitters can line up to whine. Not my problem.
Guess its not as fun when you lose though is it ebe. Now the pressure is on for everyone to win the next 5. Being on the winning side is great, but at what cost? Are you going to be kicking out the ones that arent good enough? Who gets to decide who stays and who goes, cause carrying baggage just isnt possible any more. Are you going to be the one to exclude peeps youve known for years just because they have had their fight abilty halved?

Kaidi

I could be wrong, but I think it just means that every Guild in the world is competing via their score on Global Ranking for who is declared the winner at the end of the Championship period

As every Guild that you could possibly compete against already exists, the only way for the total number of Guilds competing (in the Global Ranking) is for one to be founded or deleted
So you're thinking he means the Rankings, not the precisely Championship (because Platinum and below don't participate in the Championship)

That does make more sense.

Jdtgolf32

since this gbg update happened.. i'm wondering if you will ever rebalance the titan troops with other eras so they aren't so weak. ALOT of titan players are really struggling with the new troops. they die so quickly. my level 130 traz cant even keep up with the demand of the new gbg update.. every other era can do way more battles and go higher in attrition and rarely ever run out of troops unlike titan players(alot of us are having to use jupiter troops to battle because they can survive through more battles and take on more damage before dying or trading them out).. it makes alot of people including me wish they never leveled up to the titan era. me personally i wish the overclock orbiters would be able to attack the permafrost drones we could use less troops and it would balance fighting in titan out with the other eras... also the permafrost drones die before any rogue when auto battling they need a further hit range...it almost defeats the purpose of using rogues

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

All the units on Titan are garbage except the Perma frost. Power washers should just be deleted , they are useles. The champions are not champions , they die with keen eye with 1 or 2 shots and should be deleted as well