• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Strato The Drunk

Your reply makes no sense. My guild does better than it did in the old GBG. My haul of rewards is strong. YMMV...you are either a lousy player or a player with lousy luck....choose one!
I'd say it is the opposite.
Before the upgrade I would get 5-6k attacks per season. In diamond league that equates to 5-6k in forge points plus ancillary goods, and diamonds. Now I am getting 2k per season. So I've lost 3-4k of fps per season. Explain to me how moving to a larger guild will replace those fps.

Btw, there are people in our guild giving up much more.

This was a fun game. A half hour into the day my attacks are in. I will log in again at the end of the day to collect and spend fps. If they don't address this issue this week then this GBG season will be my last with the game as they sucked all the fun out of it.

Pericles the Lion

Before the upgrade I would get 5-6k attacks per season. In diamond league that equates to 5-6k in forge points plus ancillary goods, and diamonds. Now I am getting 2k per season. So I've lost 3-4k of fps per season. Explain to me how moving to a larger guild will replace those fps.

This was a fun game. A half hour into the day my attacks are in. I will log in again at the end of the day to collect and spend fps. If they don't address this issue this week then this GBG season will be my last with the game as they sucked all the fun out of it.
Moving to a larger guild will not help you get more fights. Look at the bright side. Given the numbers that you provided it looks like you are only able to battle to attrition in the low 30's. You have lots of opportunity to increase your attack boosts and more than triple the number of fights that you are now getting. Players with high boosts, whose fight counts also fell, aren't so fortunate.

Just An Observer

I scored in the 5K range in the old GBG. I do the same in the new GBG. Your Red A/D cannot handle the gaff obviously. You could only deal with zero attrition.

Pericles the Lion

I scored in the 5K range in the old GBG. I do the same in the new GBG. Your Red A/D cannot handle the gaff obviously. You could only deal with zero attrition.
You know what they say about people who live in glass houses.

He can't handle much attrition. On the other hand, based on your numbers, you can handle it but chose not to fight to high attrition in the old GBG (which is, perhaps, even worse).

xivarmy

He can't handle much attrition. On the other hand, based on your numbers, you can handle it but chose not to fight to high attrition in the old GBG (which is, perhaps, even worse).
Alternatively, in the old GBG he was one of the ones doing the non-zero-attrition fights to setup the battleground for his guild rather than maxing out his farming. And thus is largely unimpacted (or possibly benefitted) now that setup is easier and people don't have reasons to avoid it and wait for free farming.

Pericles the Lion

Alternatively, in the old GBG he was one of the ones doing the non-zero-attrition fights to setup the battleground for his guild rather than maxing out his farming. And thus is largely unimpacted (or possibly benefitted) now that setup is easier and people don't have reasons to avoid it and wait for free farming.
A fair point but, in the old GBG, setting up the checkerboard happened on the first day. Afterwards, it was mostly zero attrition. I do agree that your scenario is entirely possible.

honey55

The only reason to go to max attrition in the old gbg most seasons for us was farming. If the guild asked for help and i could, i did. It didn't hurt the guild if i didn't go to max attrition, it just let others have more fights. Now i try to go to max attrition each day cause it helps the guild as we're trying to win not just the season, but the championship. So i don't think it's worse. I preferred not to spend all day fighting with very little attrition gain trying to get to 100 or more attrition

Dazhel

Frankly this discussion is going over my head since we are in Platinum not Diamond. Guess it might make sense when we make it there. most if not all of the dissatisfaction is coming from guilds in Diamond both large and small. I hope INNO gets this straightened out soon. Speaking of Platinum I have noticed that many of the guilds have changed their approach and working hard to stay in Platinum so they don't have deal with what is going on in Diamond.
Honestly stay in Platinum if you can. Diamond is just a headache right now. I am a night fighter and could carry and flip half a map on my own in the old system. Now I cant fill 2 sectors. This is why peeps are peeved. Inno took away my time spent kicking butt! Now I log in for a few mins a couple times a day, half hr to fight and thats it. I no longer have any interest in spending coin. Well done Inno. If they dont change it then many will just stop GbG and find something else to play while they wait for events or to collect city. I am guessing they are going to rely on newbies not knowing any different. I know i am no longer going to recommend FOE to anyone, and I have been playing years.

Amitola1

Honestly stay in Platinum if you can. Diamond is just a headache right now. I am a night fighter and could carry and flip half a map on my own in the old system. Now I cant fill 2 sectors. This is why peeps are peeved. Inno took away my time spent kicking butt! Now I log in for a few mins a couple times a day, half hr to fight and thats it. I no longer have any interest in spending coin. Well done Inno. If they dont change it then many will just stop GbG and find something else to play while they wait for events or to collect city. I am guessing they are going to rely on newbies not knowing any different. I know i am no longer going to recommend FOE to anyone, and I have been playing years.
Thank you very much for your reply. Right now we are planning to move to Diamond for the TG frags and see if that is worth it and for our members to see what it is all about. If INNO keeps the TG then we will bounce back and forth since the TG could allow us to open GE 5 on a somewhat regular basis since the TG would also help there. We are not a guild that would be competitive in the championship but potentially benefit from moving back and forth between Platinum and Diamond. Only one way to find out.
Concerning the time spent on FoE. Since I am retired I have plenty of time to not only play this game but can also spend time watching sports online or other streaming to include doing my finances and keeping track of my medical appointments, prescriptions and other necessary activities with the VA so FoE isn't my only online activity and isn't boring to me since I lead GBG and am a leader in my guild which is a challenge. This new GBG has allowed me to better control what we do in GBG by using the GBG buildings to somewhat determine what place we end up in each season. We will probably spend the majority of our time in Platinum.
Again thanks for the reply. It is very helpful.

Darkest.Knight

As a solo guild it's still every man for himself, TFB, but it's where I choose to be. If I want to compete in Diamond I need to join a "real" guild, but for myself it good as is. On the other hand, one of my diamond miners belongs to a big, bad diamond bunch; I'm getting Tourrney fragments for what they're worth. The map is a real pain to find a spot to do a few fights, my Platinum guy is a lot more fun, never hard to do as many fights as I choose.

For myself, I do a lot more fights now than before the changes; a lot more options for the buildings now.

Just An Observer

Prior to moving up 5 eras to Future, I did low 80's trit in Prog. It was always good enough for me to place in the Top 5 of any Big Dog guild I played in.

My glass house is made from bulletproof glass too...

In regards to the Championship the announcement said:
“Under the new system, each Championship will span across 6 battleground seasons. The guilds you will compete against in your Championship will remain the same throughout these 6 seasons. There might be changes though, if a new guild is founded or deleted during your Championship.”

So I have been pondering this and wondering how we know which guilds we are up against for the Championship? Is it all the guilds in our world? That’s the only standings we have for the new GBG. Maybe I’m missing something. It seems as though they are saying that there are specific guilds we are competing against yet I can’t seem to figure out which guilds. And if it is all the guilds, then,

“ The guilds you will compete against in your Championship will remain the same throughout these 6 seasons.”

Doesn’t mean anything!

WillyTwoShoes

Yeah - the monotony of just how ridiculous the unappealing ergonomics of playing this game incessantly delivers come roaring into focus fast when you play GbG.
Ditto what he said!

On a different note
-
As a "battle captain" for my guild I have been trying to keep current by wading thru the content others are posting here in the forum. Having been down this road before in other online game forums I'm always reluctant to post anything but as no one else has mentioned it...

Does the GBG venue really need a "Diamond Quick Build" option?

Its seems like much of the hurly burly falls to the wayside if you take that out of the equation.
<shrug, just a thought>

Angry.Blanket

In regards to the Championship the announcement said:
“Under the new system, each Championship will span across 6 battleground seasons. The guilds you will compete against in your Championship will remain the same throughout these 6 seasons. There might be changes though, if a new guild is founded or deleted during your Championship.”

So I have been pondering this and wondering how we know which guilds we are up against for the Championship? Is it all the guilds in our world? That’s the only standings we have for the new GBG. Maybe I’m missing something. It seems as though they are saying that there are specific guilds we are competing against yet I can’t seem to figure out which guilds. And if it is all the guilds, then,

“ The guilds you will compete against in your Championship will remain the same throughout these 6 seasons.”

Doesn’t mean anything!
I have come to the conclusion it doesn't mean anything, The guilds in the championship will change and you will not be with the same guilds all 6 seasons.