• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Flavius Belisarius

Yes we built on our HQ. These other guilds have almost 80 members to our 21 members. These other guilds can soft lock a sector in seconds.
So no, we can not compete with them. I have admitted that. We do not WANT to compete with them. We want to compete with guilds that are more our size.
Why do you keep turning things around to bash our guild, instead of realizing that the matchmaking should be fixed?
The Championship rewards buildings should be tied to the League you are in. Diamond Buildings shouldn't work in other Leagues and Vice versa.

Amitola1

Just responding to INNO BGB update, I think they missed 100 fights, alot of the sector we've been fighting take 320 fights, not the 220 INNO posted in their update :(
The 220 is just the base number of advances which can be increased by a guild who erects buildings that increase the number of advances needed.

planetofthehumans2

Terrible idea literally nobody would be happy with that it would be one giant FU to all the people who spent years building up thier fighting stats.
At least they'd be up front about it and not punishing the entire player base because of a few players earning a lot of diamonds. Like with the limit on abortions, they could have actually updated the task managers in a positive way but instead they took the easy way out and just slapped a limit on it.

honey55

At least they'd be up front about it and not punishing the entire player base because of a few players earning a lot of diamonds.
The changes do not punish the entire player base if you're referring to limiting fights by doing away with "candy". This doesn't punish me. I've been in lots of guilds and most had less than 10 that were on all day getting tons of fights, most less than 5. My guess is the majority of players who are on all day would not want to be in a guild of 80 players that are on all day because they wouldn't get as many fights. Instead in my experience these players made it hard for me to get many fights. I know most think i shouldn't since I'm not on all day. However, the guild is not just using goods from those who are on all day to build SCs, they're using goods from everyone in the guild. Maybe if these on all day players had sat out sometime to let their guild mates who are not on all day get some fights in, maybe I'd feel differently. But, i definitely feel that the player with the highest boosts should be able to get the most fights not the one only fighting free sectors. Attrition now means something. Not sure how i feel about all the changes but making no free sectors i totally agree with. If rewards had never been given, than maybe it would have actually been a true competition between guilds from the beginning as there'd been nothing to farm. Gvg doesn't give rewards does it? I guess i don't know as I'm mobile, but I'd have done it if i wasn't mobile.

*Blush*

As a leader of one of the top 3 GBG guilds on F I can assure you that the changes are not good for top guilds either.

The reason those 2 guilds on your map built the most expensive buildings on every sector is not cause they love wasting their goods and diamonds (cause I’m guessing they might also be diamonding them), but because the current system that Inno designed forces them to. They are either competing with each other for VPs and 1st place, or competing with other top guilds in your world for top ranking, since VPs now mean so much. They can’t afford to let smaller guilds capture even Tier 5 sectors cause Inno is telling them that the point of the game is to hold as many sectors as possible (and get VPs) rather than let smaller guilds take them. And no, they are not enjoying it either. Especially as the VP competition is unfair since to win it you have to not just burn and capture the sector, but also immediately diamond those most expensive builds . So one of those top guilds on your map may be the stronger one but they’ll lose cause the other guild spends more actual money. Is that really a fair competition? I don’t think so.

This new system is terrible for all guilds in diamond.
I fully understand why the top guilds are doing what they are and my problem isn't so much with them. They are doing what they have to to compete now. But my point is by the system catering to only the few elite guilds the other 6 guilds sit on the sidelines and do nothing. How is that encouraging more people to play? By 3/4 of the field not getting to fight?

*Blush*

In GBG, it's been pay to win since the very beginning. Being able to use diamonds to rush buildings pretty much guaranteed that.
True but you never had to buy the diamonds. You could easily obtain enough from GE and GBG to sustain the season. That option is off the table now as they have more then doubled the cost of diamonds to fast track and are giving less in rewards.

Flavius Belisarius

So nobody that can't stay in Diamond should get rewards ? Wow , you sure are self centered.
Do not understand your pejorative; however, what I meant was if you can't compete in Diamond, then go to lesser League, but you can't bring Diamond Rewards with you. I am assuming from the original GBG announcement that at sometime unique rewards fr each level will be available.

UBERhelp1

I don’t see how anyone can defend the indefensible - the fact that one of the deciding factors in determining victory between two top guilds is now which one is willing to pay for more diamonds.

You can strategize all you want. If the other equally strong guild (treasury wise and attrition wise) pays and spends more diamonds they’ll be the winner.

I get pay to play. Now it’s pay to win on the guild level. And you’re seriously ok with that? How is it different from an athlete bribing the judges to get a win? How is that a meaningful win? How is that encouraging other athletes to try and get stronger when they know that ultimately it’s the money that will determine the victory and not their training or dedication?
Is it? Because we're in a competitive battleground, aren't using diamonds to speed up buildings, and are in first place. So maybe it's not the money that determines who wins, but some much more elusive reasons... like strategy and cooperation.

Is it? Because we're in a competitive battleground, aren't using diamonds to speed up buildings, and are in first place. So maybe it's not the money that determines who wins, but some much more elusive reasons... like strategy and cooperation.
I’m glad for you. Your GBG leaders are so much smarter and better organized than your competitor’s. Your competitor is diamonding builds but you’re using strategy and other elusive reasons to overcome that disadvantage without diamonding a single build, not even on X1, and maybe not even the HQ one…

Now, if you had an opponent that was just as smart as you and equally organized (such scenario is possible, no? If it’s not possible on your server, is there a possibility that there could be other clever and well organized GBG generals/guilds on other servers?) then the differentiator would be money.

We could continue arguing of course… I’m just not sure why you’re insisting on denying the obvious. Maybe your server is just lucky and NO ONE diamonds and it’s an equal playing field. Maybe… Strategy sure works. No argument there. Math works too. On my map X1 diamonded brings 6K per 4 hours (with level 3 HQ build and 3 FGCPs). X1 not diamonded brings 3.3K per 4 hours. Yep if you play the timer game you could get an extra 1500 out if it. But that’s a big difference to overcome just for that one sector if one guild diamonds and the other one doesn't, all other things being equal (attrition pool, treasury, clever generals).

Coach Zuck

On your main world you are in the #1 Guild (and it's #1 by a country mile). What does better matchmaking look like to you?
We are not #1 in terms of GBG strength, we are #2 or #3, and the #4 guild is currently in 1st from easy matches while the us and the other top three guilds fight each other, two of us are going to take a hit on the 'victory' metric of the guild rank sorting. The true #1 GBG guild will likely be pushed down the roster even though they'll have two victories, because they're competing in this match with us for Victory Points while other guilds have much easier matches and possibly even be coming off of double wins from platinum and lower diamond to wind up at 1000 League Points for a couple of weeks and appear to be on top.

What better matchmaking would look like, is matchmaking that works in synergy with the rankings to effectively produce a ranked roster. Either it should be fixed, or the old rankings should be restored, where we are #1 due to guild level, GVG and GBG combined.

I couldn't care less about matchmaking weren't for that a dozen or more guilds (I'm expecting about 30) are about to show up higher in the ranks than us purely because they've had two easy wins.

Assuming the ordering on the rank page won't change since it gives Inno lots of diamonds from idiots like me who spend money to rush the best buildings, the easiest to implement solution and frankly best solution, would be during the match setup process, to match guilds who are closest in amounts of victories. The people who'd just progressed up from two platinum wins and guilds who had two easy wins in high diamond will get paired with the guild(s) that dominated through actual strength, get their loss, and then the next season get an easier match while the true "three-win-in-a-row" capable guild is shown.

Possibly add in something to ensure the same guilds aren't paired up against each other two seasons in a row, otherwise when a single guild (the true #1) gets 3 wins while everyone else has only 2, if it happens that way, they'll end up serving multiple losses to the "true 2nd" and "true 3rd" pushing them down further than they should belong in the ranks.

Pericles the Lion

We are not #1 in terms of GBG strength, we are #2 or #3, and the #4 guild is currently in 1st from easy matches while the us and the other top three guilds fight each other, two of us are going to take a hit on the 'victory' metric of the guild rank sorting. The true #1 GBG guild will likely be pushed down the roster even though they'll have two victories, because they're competing in this match with us for Victory Points while other guilds have much easier matches and possibly even be coming off of double wins from platinum and lower diamond to wind up at 1000 League Points for a couple of weeks and appear to be on top.

What better matchmaking would look like, is matchmaking that works in synergy with the rankings to effectively produce a ranked roster. Either it should be fixed, or the old rankings should be restored, where we are #1 due to guild level, GVG and GBG combined.

I couldn't care less about matchmaking weren't for that a dozen or more guilds (I'm expecting about 30) are about to show up higher in the ranks than us purely because they've had two easy wins.

Assuming the ordering on the rank page won't change since it gives Inno lots of diamonds from idiots like me who spend money to rush the best buildings, the easiest to implement solution and frankly best solution, would be during the match setup process, to match guilds who are closest in amounts of victories. The people who'd just progressed up from two platinum wins and guilds who had two easy wins in high diamond will get paired with the guild(s) that dominated through actual strength, get their loss, and then the next season get an easier match while the true "three-win-in-a-row" capable guild is shown.

Possibly add in something to ensure the same guilds aren't paired up against each other two seasons in a row, otherwise when a single guild (the true #1) gets 3 wins while everyone else has only 2, if it happens that way, they'll end up serving multiple losses to the "true 2nd" and "true 3rd" pushing them down further than they should belong in the ranks.
Imo, when it comes to the Championship, effective matchmaking should result in the strongest guild winning the Championship. So far, on the two worlds that I actively play GBG, this seems very likely. There are several posers high in the rankings following easy season 1 wins but they won't be able to keep pace for all 6 seasons.

Coach Zuck

Imo, when it comes to the Championship, effective matchmaking should result in the strongest guild winning the Championship. So far, on the two worlds that I actively play GBG, this seems very likely. There are several posers high in the rankings following easy season 1 wins but they won't be able to keep pace for all 6 seasons.
and I'm saying while not all guilds you call "posers" will be able to "keep pace for all 6 seasons" there are many that will and bad luck against the true strongest guilds will cause them to get ordered more randomly.

Matchmaking based on victories in the same championship wouldn't completely solve the randomness but it would weight it much more fairly.

Pericles the Lion

and I'm saying while not all guilds you call "posers" will be able to "keep pace for all 6 seasons" there are many that will and bad luck against the true strongest guilds will cause them to get ordered more randomly.

Matchmaking based on victories in the same championship wouldn't completely solve the randomness but it would weight it much more fairly.
I guess that we will have to wait and see. Time will tell.

Bozon

I read the update and Inno's intentions about it and here's my feedback ...
Farming has not stopped, my guild main fighter was over 10k fights 1st season, this one still 4 days to go and over 6k already, i have above 3k myself and i don't even spend that much time fighting anymore ...
We still swapping tiles with 2 other guilds, doing it this season and done it last season and will most likely continue doing it
And we still beaching most other guilds so they hardly can get some fights in other than the ones beside their HQ
So, even though it's harder most things still happen and i think that if Inno really wants to change these things and really let every guild in the tournament participate they need to have the courage to cap around 65/70%, that will most likle get things fair to everybody.

Xenosaur

with this latest change to GBG, I will only do GBG to get the Himeji rewards, that means it frees up more personal time to do other things -- like play with the new puppy, read a book, talk to people. so I guess that also means lot less time playing FoE, and lots less $$ wasted. Thanks, Inno !:)

Bingo! This essentially epitomizes where I'm personally at, and LOTS of people here are, too (LIKE-count on your post or NOT).

Evidence of visibly-muted accomplishment gameplay and discussion with other guilds proves you're spot on. GbG is tiresome, and boring. I don't want to own anything, or have bragging right that "we're the best". It's a venue in a city building and management game that makes some people rabid, or allows them to demonstrate that they've worked hard for years to be the best warrior in the game, and they need to keep proving they are.

I am in no such place, and thousands of people aren't either. I don't take the cause away from those that find it fun - but a lot more don't - than do.

You know what's more fun? Architecting your own destiny in GBG. I don't want to RISE in league levels - I want to stay where I am in platinum (and judging by how that used to be a "demeaning level" for Diamond leagues to fall back to - you should see it now - full of activity much like Diamond used to be - without the stigma.

I'm not being a contrarian on purpose...or an iconoclast either, but...

I'd rather go down to and be in a more guild (and personally) compatible league where I (we) fit, instead of the venue's hard push (marketing-speak: natural design bias) to always move us up from any reasonable accomplishment in a season.

I don't belong in platinum or either Diamond league (big diamond or small diamond, or top diamond, low diamond....etc.). So guess what? I can balance my time in life and time to be here and literally stop wearing down my fingerprints with swipes, taps and slides on my mobile device.
I don't put up with this level or repetitive stress from ANYTHING ELSE online and it's just NUTS to live within a framework like that for hours and hours a day...

so I DON'T and WON'T.

Yeah - the monotony of just how ridiculous the unappealing ergonomics of playing this game incessantly delivers come roaring into focus fast when you play GbG.

Shadenfreude, anyone?

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

I read the update and Inno's intentions about it and here's my feedback ...
Farming has not stopped, my guild main fighter was over 10k fights 1st season, this one still 4 days to go and over 6k already, i have above 3k myself and i don't even spend that much time fighting anymore ...
We still swapping tiles with 2 other guilds, doing it this season and done it last season and will most likely continue doing it
And we still beaching most other guilds so they hardly can get some fights in other than the ones beside their HQ
So, even though it's harder most things still happen and i think that if Inno really wants to change these things and really let every guild in the tournament participate they need to have the courage to cap around 65/70%, that will most likle get things fair to everybody.
If you are truly interested in being magnanimous towards the weaker guilds all that you need to do is include them in your swaps. Throw them a bone. Your guild still gets the battles it now gets, you guild still gathers victories and VP, and the other guilds get a chance to win some prizes. Without this concession, reducing the attrition cap serves no purpose other than making it easier for the top guilds to win more rewards at the expense of the weaker guilds.