• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

WillyTwoShoes

Here speaking for myself...

I think the diamond "quick builds" are at the heart of what's breaking any GBG changes past, present, or future have/will bring.
I don't mind the increased guild treasury goods per GBG build. The logistical element of the GBG season for me is more interesting than the tedious clickity clicking of 300 battles.

-but-

Its crazy the random manner in which provinces are assigned guild goods values for builds! Its so nonsensical. It tells me the Inno crew that permitted/overlooked that element of the new mechanics has no conception real estate values whatsoever.

That a Volcano crater with a VP value of 115 will have requirements for 50 Robots and some out province with a VP value of 15 will have requirements for 6645 Sugar crystals is....is.... what's the word I'm looking for....

Ruanne

How does having more fights get you kicked from your guild ?
Because more fights are required Guilds leaders are increasing the minimum number of fights required to meet Guild minimums. Besides when everyone was asking for more fights I'm pretty sure they were thinking of more attrition free fights not what we got with the new GbG changes

Amitola1

Here speaking for myself...

I think the diamond "quick builds" are at the heart of what's breaking any GBG changes past, present, or future have/will bring.
I don't mind the increased guild treasury goods per GBG build. The logistical element of the GBG season for me is more interesting than the tedious clickity clicking of 300 battles.

-but-

Its crazy the random manner in which provinces are assigned guild goods values for builds! Its so nonsensical. It tells me the Inno crew that permitted/overlooked that element of the new mechanics has no conception real estate values whatsoever.

That a Volcano crater with a VP value of 115 will have requirements for 50 Robots and some out province with a VP value of 15 will have requirements for 6645 Sugar crystals is....is.... what's the word I'm looking for....
Outrageous

Eadyth

Because more fights are required Guilds leaders are increasing the minimum number of fights required to meet Guild minimums. Besides when everyone was asking for more fights I'm pretty sure they were thinking of more attrition free fights not what we got with the new GbG changes
I have to agree that people probably wanted more attrition free fights, though I think the attrition cap is important. One thing people need to keep in mind: By everyone joining the same top few guilds, their biggest competition for individual fights is with their guildmates. You actually *may* get fewer fights by joining a top guild. The individual players in smaller guilds may get more fights because they are competing with fewer guild members for the ones they have. It really depends on a lot of things. If you are in a guild that gets blocked in regularly, then those seasons you won't get many at all. But that can also be a good thing if you need breaks from it. There are a lot of things going on at the same time.

Ruanne

I have to agree that people probably wanted more attrition free fights, though I think the attrition cap is important. One thing people need to keep in mind: By everyone joining the same top few guilds, their biggest competition for individual fights is with their guildmates. You actually *may* get fewer fights by joining a top guild. The individual players in smaller guilds may get more fights because they are competing with fewer guild members for the ones they have. It really depends on a lot of things. If you are in a guild that gets blocked in regularly, then those seasons you won't get many at all. But that can also be a good thing if you need breaks from it. There are a lot of things going on at the same time.
Issue with small / smaller Guilds and the Champion Tower is they have no chance of getting it? Not sure if true but someone said the Champion Tower changes for every 6 season GbG. Does anyone know if that is true? Meaning that for every 6 season GbG the Champion Tower also changes.

Pericles the Lion

Issue with small / smaller Guilds and the Champion Tower is they have no chance of getting it? Not sure if true but someone said the Champion Tower changes for every 6 season GbG. Does anyone know if that is true? Meaning that for every 6 season GbG the Champion Tower also changes.
We don't know yet. On the Beta server, season 6 will start on 11/2 and the new Championship season will kick-off on 11/16. Unless we hear something in the meantime we will need to wait until 11/16 to know if the Tower of Champions will run again or if something else takes its place.

Eadyth

It would take both a lot of luck, strategy and dedication for a smaller guild to get the ToC (and here I mean L1, I cannot imagine L2 at all, which doesn't mean I'm correct). Each world is different so who knows? Smaller guilds need to think strategy and creativity and cooperation with each other and not give up just because it looks too hard. If months into the future I'm still playing this game and GBG is still as it is, I may try some experiments. One I won't try is "Let's copycat the big guilds because they are God and we should be them" Boring. (Oh yes, I've been told I should find a new game. That could happen. But if everyone like me finds a new game ... who will lose for them?)

Miljenko2

Actually someone could want to delete it as a strategy to slow down points. Guilds in high diamond don't necessarily want to stay in high diamond.
Well, that is good point, but very, very rare situations in curent gbg-diamonds. If guild want to generate as many hits as possible, and want to drop to platinum (where will not generate TG fragments), than I do not comprehend logic there. They may want to decline from 1000 to 975 or 925, but if they are "weak" guild, it will happen anyway.

Eadyth

Well, that is good point, but very, very rare situations in curent gbg-diamonds. If guild want to generate as many hits as possible, and want to drop to platinum (where will not generate TG fragments), than I do not comprehend logic there. They may want to decline from 1000 to 975 or 925, but if they are "weak" guild, it will happen anyway.
Yes, I think you do not comprehend. It's not about dropping to platinum. And no, I'm not going to explain. In both last season and this season, deleting the building on base has been a possible strategy. Just know its real. You have to be in different shoes.

Eadyth

‍How old do you dudes think I am? No presence awards. And I don't want what you have. You are hilarious.

Last edited:

Dursland

‍How old do you dudes think I am? No presence awards. And I don't want what you have. You are hilarious.
And how do you know what we have?

One of the guild mergers was between two guilds with less than 15 players each but together they are extremely strong because they are composed entirely of Space Age players, thus have very easy goods management.

They are all excellent fighters as well, the new team is really tough in gvg. We were enemies with one of the guilds pre-merger lol.

The other merger was typical 40-60 member guilds that shed dead weight and merged. Now they are near the cap and perform better than before.

What exactly are you looking for? What's your magic formula with a guild?

Either change your guild to compete or accept that you can't compete. It's that simple.

hmm haven't posted my feedback here yet. Here we go
This update is garbage. The new update screws over weaker guilds even more than it did before, and how the ranking works is very dumb. The whole thing where you are higher in ranking than other guilds if you've gotten 1st place and they haven't makes no sense. If a guild who can do good at 975 LP but gets boxed at 1000 LP is dropped to platinum, they destroy all the guilds there, get 1st place and are now higher in ranking than the guilds who can hold their own at 1000 LP but just haven't gotten 1st yet. The 4th highest guild in ranking right now got 2 victories at low platinum and then low diamond and are higher than guilds who are 10 times stronger. Very dumb

Last edited:

Amitola1

hmm haven't posted my feedback here yet. Here we go
'This update is garbage. The new update screws over weaker guilds even more than it did before, and how the ranking works is very dumb. The whole thing where you are higher in ranking than other guilds if you've gotten 1st place and they haven't makes no sense. If a guild who can do good at 975 LP but gets boxed at 1000 LP is dropped to platinum, they destroy all the guilds there, get 1st place and are now higher in ranking than the guilds who can hold their own at 1000 LP but just haven't gotten 1st yet. The 4th highest guild in ranking right now got 2 victories at low platinum and then low diamond are are higher than guilds who are 10 times stronger. Very dumb
Ranking and matching was an issue when GBG was first introduced. INNO looked at it then and have said they are or will be looking at it again. I had been playing for about 3 years when GBG came into existence. I quit playing shortly after for 3 yrs. When I started again almost 2 yrs ago they had a better system. time will tell if they follow up. Way too early to tell. One thing I think is certain is that INNO will tweak the new GBG. Again time will tell if it makes it better or worse.

Eadyth

And how do you know what we have?

One of the guild mergers was between two guilds with less than 15 players each but together they are extremely strong because they are composed entirely of Space Age players, thus have very easy goods management.

They are all excellent fighters as well, the new team is really tough in gvg. We were enemies with one of the guilds pre-merger lol.

The other merger was typical 40-60 member guilds that shed dead weight and merged. Now they are near the cap and perform better than before.

What exactly are you looking for? What's your magic formula with a guild?

Either change your guild to compete or accept that you can't compete. It's that simple.
I don't know what each other guild has but I keep hearing other folks tell me how to play in order to accomplish a goal that is their goal and isn't my goal, they keep treating me like I am jealous and lazy for having an opinion about how things should be. I keep hearing the equivalent of that I am unhappy because I'm not a top guild and if I would just earn it I would have it. I keep hearing this despite the fact that I have repeatedly said that isn't my goal to be a top guild.

I've tried to discuss the issue of what would make the game work well so that people (in general) can have hope to move forward, so that the distance between most powerful and mid powerful doesn't become extreme and impossible to bridge without money. I talk about this because I see it, not because I want to be the most powerful guild. Despite that I don't ever expect to be a top guild, I still feel that the game should be designed so they don't create an elite level that can only be bought into -- that is what I see them doing. Yes the current elite are there because they worked hard, but buildings like the ToC will close the door to other hard working guilds and it will only be possible to bridge the gap with lots of money.

Last edited:

Dominator - X

Ranking and matching was an issue when GBG was first introduced. INNO looked at it then and have said they are or will be looking at it again. I had been playing for about 3 years when GBG came into existence. I quit playing shortly after for 3 yrs. When I started again almost 2 yrs ago they had a better system. time will tell if they follow up. Way too early to tell. One thing I think is certain is that INNO will tweak the new GBG. Again time will tell if it makes it better or worse.
Well, if history is an indicator, it will be worse.

Amitola1

I don't know what each other guild has but I keep hearing other folks tell me how to play in order to accomplish a goal that is their goal and isn't my goal, they keep treating me like I am jealous and lazy for having an opinion about how things should be. I keep hearing the equivalent of that I am unhappy because I'm not a top guild and if I would just earn it I would have it. I keep hearing this despite the fact that I have repeatedly said that isn't my goal to be a top guild.

I've tried to discuss the issue of what would make the game work well so that people (in general) can have hope to move forward, so that the distance between most powerful and mid powerful doesn't become extreme and impossible to bridge without money. I talk about this because I see it, not because I want to be the most powerful guild. Despite that I don't ever expect to be a top guild, I still feel that the game should be designed so they don't create an elite level that can only be bought into -- that is what I see them doing. Yes the current elite are there because they worked hard, but buildings like the ToC will close the door to other hard working guilds and it will only be possible to bridge the gap with lots of money.
Well said. INNO is the only entity that can address this issue if they will. Ever since I have played FoE and other "free to pay" games money and cheating have been an issue. Some have taken a hard line with cheating but none have addressed the money issue. FoE has to make money for INNO or FoE goes away and we have no game to discuss.

WillyTwoShoes

You "keep hearing" it because it is true. You would rather whine about those who have worked hard to create or assist a guild to become successful, rather than create or assist such a guild yourself.
I'm curious about your definition of a successful guild. There is after all a lot more to foe than GBG and while I happen to enjoy that particular venue I can tell you that if I had to guess, most of my fellow guilders would consider it a chore.

I think the disconnect in this exchange stems in part from defining a guild as successful based solely on its GBG record if the guild in question doesn't hold GBG as a priority venue for its guilders.

I am NOT about giving away something for nothing. But I can tell you that Americans have a good deal of legal proscriptions and anti-trust laws against monopolies. The exclusionary tactics practiced by the great fighting guilds (and to be fair Inno attempts to "farm" more capital out of its players) are what brought about all the new mechanics to begin with.

Be Chuille

Wrong. They keep treating you like you are jealous and lazy based on your comments which suggest that you are jealous and lazy. And a whiner. And entitled. Don't forget whiner and entitled.

You "keep hearing" it because it is true. You would rather whine about those who have worked hard to create or assist a guild to become successful, rather than create or assist such a guild yourself. People learned a long time ago that it is easier to be a victim, or at least to claim such, than to actually put forth the effort it takes to be successful. This transcends real life. You are even trying to hijack their little niche and apply it to FOE in a failed attempt at guild-shaming. The real shame... is on you.
Wow. Total elitism. You really don't get it.

The poster you were responding to, like many of us, do not WANT to be in a top guild. We just want to have fun. We don't want this game to be our whole life. And we don't care about being #1 or the goals that you set.

What we would like is not to be forced into playing against guilds with the above goals just because we are successful in Platinum or lower diamond.

It is really sad how some people judge their own and others' worth by how they play a game. This is a game.
Some people need to touch some grass.

Last edited: