• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Sharmon the Impaler

Wow. Total elitism. You really don't get it.

The poster you were responding to, like many of us, do not WANT to be in a top guild. We just want to have fun. We don't want this game to be our whole life. And we don't care about being #1 or the goals that you set.

What we would like is not to be forced into playing against guilds with the above goals just because we are successful in Platinum or lower diamond.

It is really sad how some people judge their own and others' worth by how they play a game. This is a game.
Some people need to touch some grass.
Stop being so entitled . Everyone that DOES have time to play the game a lot would like to continue doing so. Your suggestion is to dumb the game down so much that someone that plays 2-3 times per week is just as able to play GBG in their own style. Want to use the highway ? Buy a car or keep taking the bus or walking.

Be Chuille

Stop being so entitled . Everyone that DOES have time to play the game a lot would like to continue doing so. Your suggestion is to dumb the game down so much that someone that plays 2-3 times per week is just as able to play GBG in their own style. Want to use the highway ? Buy a car or keep taking the bus or walking.
No, you are not getting it. What I want is to not be forced to fight against the psycho-career guilds. The way they match up guilds on the map is stupid.

And the more I see what happens to people when they play too long and become elitist, the more I don't want to play the game at all.

Amitola1

I think it's time to STOP with the name calling and concentrate on some givens.

1. INNO needs to make money.
2. If INNO doesn't make money then FoE can and will be discontinued.
3. If Foe is discontinued then we no game to play.
4. Diamond will always be Diamond.
5. Big guilds have worked hard to become top guilds.
6. Not all guilds, big and small want to be the top dog.
7. If all else fails refer to number 1.

The following is essential for being successful in FoE.

1. INNO must make money
2. Every player and guild must define success for themselves.
3. Those guilds that can compete at a high level and wish to do so should be able to.
4. Those guilds that cannot compete and do not wish to should be able to.
5. All guilds should be allowed to compete at whatever level they are both capable of and desire to.
6. INNO needs to implement a system that accommodates 1-5.
7. If all else fails refer to number 1.

Let's quit all this arguing, back biting, name calling and imposing each others wills on each other. We can all be successful at FoE. INNO will have the final say in how GBG works and there is little we as players can do about it. If I were INNO I would be laughing all the way to the bank right now. Be constructive in your comments and just maybe INNO will listen.

Emberguard

2. Every player and guild must define success for themselves.

This is the most important part (as a player) I would say. Your goal will determine how you react towards the environment

6. INNO needs to implement a system that accommodates 1-5.

I'm hoping they do something to help the matchmaking a bit, specifically the 1,000 LP Guilds. Anytime I've been in Lower Diamond it hasn't felt like Diamond. It feels like it's still part of Platinum. Once you're in 1,000 LP it's random, and while there can be some merit to random matchups..... the Guilds in that pool have a very large range of abilities.

Who decides what a guild is "capable of"?

What they achieve consistently is the best indicator of capability.

Technically their highest result is what they're capable of, but for the purpose of defining matchups you don't want outlier results to skew the results too much, and you want whatever you're measuring to be meaningful

Be Chuille

1. INNO needs to make money.
Yes, Inno needs to make money. That is why I did not mind using some of my "fun" money over the last couple of years buying diamonds and Forge Plus. Of course the game would not exist if we did not help to pay for it.

But when Inno turned GBG into what it is - where the guilds who spend the most diamonds finishing buildings to boost VP become the winners - that was the end for me. I am no longer paying real money to Inno. They became too greedy.

Coach Zuck

Yes, Inno needs to make money. That is why I did not mind using some of my "fun" money over the last couple of years buying diamonds and Forge Plus. Of course the game would not exist if we did not help to pay for it.

But when Inno turned GBG into what it is - where the guilds who spend the most diamonds finishing buildings to boost VP become the winners - that was the end for me. I am no longer paying real money to Inno. They became too greedy.
agreed. They would do so much better with a GBG "season pass" that rewards you for reaching certain numbers of encounters or guild goals, than forcing diamond rushing further in to the gameplay.

Maybe if 20 people in a guild buy the season pass they can make rushing free for the whole guild.

Amitola1

Who decides what a guild is "capable of"?
The guild does and nobody else. That's been one of the problems with GBG from the start. Although big guilds have worked hard to get where they are doesn't mean they can decide what another guild is capable of. Before this change I was told by a leader of another guild while were in Diamond to learn my place and that they considered us 6th place guild based on GvG leaderboard standings which was imposing their view of our capability and shows that they did not know their place. Our guild's leadership definitely knows our place and it isn't to impose our will on other guilds.

Pericles the Lion

The guild does and nobody else. That's been one of the problems with GBG from the start. Although big guilds have worked hard to get where they are doesn't mean they can decide what another guild is capable of. Before this change I was told by a leader of another guild while were in Diamond to learn my place and that they considered us 6th place guild based on GvG leaderboard standings which was imposing their view of our capability and shows that they did not know their place. Our guild's leadership definitely knows our place and it isn't to impose our will on other guilds.
Many guilds will camouflage their real capability and fight below their weight class.

Dominator - X

Wow. Total elitism. You really don't get it.

The poster you were responding to, like many of us, do not WANT to be in a top guild. We just want to have fun. We don't want this game to be our whole life. And we don't care about being #1 or the goals that you set.

What we would like is not to be forced into playing against guilds with the above goals just because we are successful in Platinum or lower diamond.

It is really sad how some people judge their own and others' worth by how they play a game. This is a game.
Some people need to touch some grass.
She (and you) says she does not want to be in a top guild, yet she whines constantly about top guilds dominating her. Nothing elite about clapping back against the whiners. All she does is spout her tripe and hate. Resisting her type is neither elite nor judgmental, but necessary. And entertaining.

Dominator - X

I'm curious about your definition of a successful guild. There is after all a lot more to foe than GBG and while I happen to enjoy that particular venue I can tell you that if I had to guess, most of my fellow guilders would consider it a chore.

I think the disconnect in this exchange stems in part from defining a guild as successful based solely on its GBG record if the guild in question doesn't hold GBG as a priority venue for its guilders.

I am NOT about giving away something for nothing. But I can tell you that Americans have a good deal of legal proscriptions and anti-trust laws against monopolies. The exclusionary tactics practiced by the great fighting guilds (and to be fair Inno attempts to "farm" more capital out of its players) are what brought about all the new mechanics to begin with.
Were you really curious or were you just taking the opportunity to make an off topic and weird statement? I mean, the topic was about GBG and how the person I was responding to constantly whines about how, what she labels "big guilds", dominate her lack of effort to build a stronger guild. So, I responded, on topic. Please, try to keep up.

Dominator - X

No, you are not getting it. What I want is to not be forced to fight against the psycho-career guilds. The way they match up guilds on the map is stupid.
That is an INNO problem, not what you mistakenly label as an elitist problem. Once you figure that out and separate the one from the other, and have that light bulb moment, maybe you will get it. Until then, us "elites" will keep dominating you whiners who can't (and apparently don't want to[yeah right]) compete. The pathetic thing is, you attack and failingly try to attach elite to those who dominate you instead of the real source of the issue.

Dominator - X

What place did you end up in when that GBG season ended?

Be Chuille

She (and you) says she does not want to be in a top guild, yet she whines constantly about top guilds dominating her. Nothing elite about clapping back against the whiners. All she does is spout her tripe and hate. Resisting her type is neither elite nor judgmental, but necessary. And entertaining.
No one is complaining about top guilds dominating us. The problem is that we do not even want to be on the same map with those guilds, and we should not be.

It is kind of sad that you really do not seem to "get it".

Maybe you should also encourage Inno to fix the matchmaking instead of calling those asking for matchmaking to be fixed "whiners". Or does it give you some kind of pleasure to crush guilds who should not even be on your map?

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

No one is complaining about top guilds dominating us. The problem is that we do not even want to be on the same map with those guilds, and we should not be.

Maybe you should also encourage Inno to fix the matchmaking instead of calling those asking for matchmaking to be fixed "whiners". Or does it give you some kind of pleasure to crush guilds who should not even be on your map?
Maybe it wasn't explained to you very well or you're not looking at your own words. Saying that competing against a stronger guilding in the top level league should never happen is whining . You want Inno to make catagories of leagues and in your own special league, guilds that are stronger than you are not allowed. On the other hand you are fine with cramming 8 top guilds on the same maps so that they get to piddle around on a 1/2 quad each while you get a wide open map. This is entitled and delusional , find another game because that is never going to happen even if you cry.

Be Chuille

Maybe it wasn't explained to you very well or you're not looking at your own words. Saying that competing against a stronger guilding in the top level league should never happen is whining . You want Inno to make catagories of leagues and in your own special league, guilds that are stronger than you are not allowed. On the other hand you are fine with cramming 8 top guilds on the same maps so that they get to piddle around on a 1/2 quad each while you get a wide open map. This is entitled and delusional , find another game because that is never going to happen even if you cry.
Yep, you are not getting it either.

In most competitions, leagues are determined by ability. Not by getting a bunch of LP in one win and skyrocketing to the top league. The current matchmaking, and how leagues are determined is messed up. The new ranking is also messed up. The designers of this game have no clue how to make leagues and rankings work correctly.

Eadyth

Blue, are none of the top guilds cooperative in your world? We actually have a very good set up this season, a setup that gives us as many fights as we can handle. My gripe is the reward which will distance the top guilds either further. At first I didn't like the mix on the map, but the mistake that season was mine. And now, since I think I can usually work with those guilds, I'm okay with it. I just need to make better decisions early on. I do think it would be hilarious though if they put only extreme guilds together because the top guilds would have fewer fights and they wouldn't have us weaker guilds to easily beat in taking the map -- they'd have to work very hard to compete with each other. It would also cause there to be fewer extreme guilds with the ToC reward if they were all grouped together --- hmm, that would be good. And now I'm arguing with myself.

Be Chuille

Blue, are none of the top guilds cooperative in your world? We actually have a very good set up this season, a setup that gives us as many fights as we can handle. My gripe is the reward which will distance the top guilds either further. At first I didn't like the mix on the map, but the mistake that season was mine. And now, since I think I can usually work with those guilds, I'm okay with it. I just need to make better decisions early on. I do think it would be hilarious though if they put only extreme guilds together because the top guilds would have fewer fights and they wouldn't have us weaker guilds to easily beat in taking the map -- they'd have to work very hard to compete with each other. It would also cause there to be fewer extreme guilds with the ToC reward if they were all grouped together --- hmm, that would be good. And now I'm arguing with myself.
There are usually 2 big guilds on the map, maybe 3, in 1K diamond. They take over the map. Rarely there are some nice guilds. Mostly they are greedy.

The point is, there are some of us that do not WANT to need to rely on the big guilds being "nice" and letting us get some hits in. We should not even be on the map. We want to compete fairly with guilds of our own level.