• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

Big-Poppa

My understanding from the Beta announcement for GVG shutdown. is that to recoup goods after the last calculation has run, you can drop sectors as long as access to the GVG map is available. Has any thought been given to removing the 4 drops per guild member for this period of time?

The Lady Redneck

lots of goods get thrown away in GvG often for very little gain lol
can't even win any fp, goods, units, diamonds, or anything else besides guild power which can be gotten in many other ways these days
The whole reason for playing GvG was for the fun and cameraderie everyone got just from playing it. I know that does not sit well with most of those playing the game now as that Idea is shocking to them. If something in the game is not feeding their selfish greed they want it gone. They are no different from the people at INNO who are turning the gsme into a money grab.

Sharmon the Impaler

The whole reason for playing GvG was for the fun and cameraderie everyone got just from playing it. I know that does not sit well with most of those playing the game now as that Idea is shocking to them. If something in the game is not feeding their selfish greed they want it gone. They are no different from the people at INNO who are turning the gsme into a money grab.
They don't understand the hundreds of hours put in on voice and chat with your friends that often just continue on after GVG is done for the day. They want Farmville apparently.

UBERhelp1

My understanding from the Beta announcement for GVG shutdown. is that to recoup goods after the last calculation has run, you can drop sectors as long as access to the GVG map is available. Has any thought been given to removing the 4 drops per guild member for this period of time?
If that were the case, would they not just reimburse all the goods automatically? No, there should be some cost to continuing to play, and not just being able to spend tons of goods.

jaymoney23456

I turned away from GvG due to the rampant scripting going on there and the fact that the treasury needs to remain stocked to compete at the top of the GbG rankings and to get lv 2 towers from the new GbG. GvG always cost way more goods than was justified imo. If they fixed these issues and allowed it to be played more than once a day at a specific time then I would have still liked it.

Amitola1

I for one looked at GvG when I first started playing and quickly determined that I wanted nothing to do with it because when I entered a sector it wanted me to donate goods to the treasury and I never looked back. I also don't do chats of any kind. I am not greedy but being in a very small guild farming is the only way for us to do anything. So I disagree that part of your statement.
I turned away from GvG due to the rampant scripting going on there and the fact that the treasury needs to remain stocked to compete at the top of the GbG rankings and to get lv 2 towers from the new GbG. GvG always cost way more goods than was justified imo. If they fixed these issues and allowed it to be played more than once a day at a specific time then I would have still liked it.
Until I became associated with this thread I was unaware of how rampant scripting that was going on in GvG. I also thought that GvG was over priced in terms of treasury goods when you consider the cost of GBG, especially now with the changes to it.

Angry.Blanket

I for one looked at GvG when I first started playing and quickly determined that I wanted nothing to do with it because when I entered a sector it wanted me to donate goods to the treasury and I never looked back. I also don't do chats of any kind. I am not greedy but being in a very small guild farming is the only way for us to do anything. So I disagree that part of your statement.

Until I became associated with this thread I was unaware of how rampant scripting that was going on in GvG. I also thought that GvG was over priced in terms of treasury goods when you consider the cost of GBG, especially now with the changes to it.
This is what killed it, most players refuse to do anything unless it is going to reward them. No way they are willing give with out receiving something in return. GbG is killing the game because it offers to much rewards and players refuse to stop farming.

jaymoney23456

This is what killed it, most players refuse to do anything unless it is going to reward them. No way they are willing give with out receiving something in return. GbG is killing the game because it offers to much rewards and players refuse to stop farming.
Farming is the only productive thing to do in GbG 99% of the time. There is no reason for players to stop farming, hence they won't! Also GbG farming is awesome!

Angry.Blanket

Farming is the only productive thing to do in GbG 99% of the time. There is no reason for players to stop farming, hence they won't! Also GbG farming is awesome!
The goal for GbG should be to win, What is the reason to build a city if we are not going to use it? why bother farming, why bother collecting everyday what is the point?

jaymoney23456

The goal for GbG should be to win, What is the reason to build a city if we are not going to use it? why bother farming, why bother collecting everyday what is the point?
At the end of the day, the guild that has the better combination of players who have high attack stats and plenty of time, has a better strategy, and players that can/will spend lots of diamonds to rush camps will win pretty much 100% of the time in a head to head battle with another guild. Two strong gbg guilds will also win about 100% of the time against a single opponent unless that opponent is so strong as to be vastly ahead of the other 2 guilds. Provided they are all at least competent at playing GbG there is no strategy that anyone can come up with to change this. This isn't a game where you can come up with a good military strategy to have a fighting chance to overcome a stronger opponent. Furthermore, competetive diamond gbg guilds have a pretty good idea who is strongest on a given map. So, other than spite or to try to make the other guild miserable by having to go through more of a hassle, what is the purpose of a weaker guild fighting a losing battle against a stronger opponent?
GbG is a highly repetetive aspect of FOE and without the social aspect of chatting with a swap partner loses its luster pretty quickly. This is especially true since battles involve nothing more interesting than clicking over and over again.
This is why farming is so good-you get to be in a relaxed fun map and chat with players from other guilds and make friends

Miljenko2

<what is the purpose of a weaker guild fighting a losing battle against a stronger opponent?>
Purpose is to try, hard, ...weaker or close to equal...where is the fun when everything is served on your plate! Getting fat!?

Amitola1

This is off topic. Why do you continuously bring GBG into this discussion when this is about INNO removing GvG from the game.

Amitola1

<what is the purpose of a weaker guild fighting a losing battle against a stronger opponent?>
Purpose is to try, hard, ...weaker or close to equal...where is the fun when everything is served on your plate! Getting fat!?
Not sure what you mean. If you are referring to GBG then the only guilds that have it serving on a platter are the larger guilds. All the smaller guilds that manage to reach Diamond are in survival mode until they drop back to Platinum.

Miljenko2

Not sure what you mean. If you are referring to GBG then the only guilds that have it serving on a platter are the larger guilds. All the smaller guilds that manage to reach Diamond are in survival mode until they drop back to Platinum.
Yes, larger guild benefits the most (gbg) from "platte service" that inno give them with latest gbg changes. But, smaller guild (even only few accounts) can fight on diamonds (925/975) and survive. It is not power problems, it is treasury goods.
I am in arvahall.