• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.40 - Feedback

DeletedUser

You can still get your warm fuzzies if you want. You can still visit each city. That's not changed. AID allows people with less time to help out. People with slower networks or systems to be helpful. And if you are none of those sometimes you just don't want to hassle with loading 160 or more annoying boring cities so now you can AID them instead.

For example, I go out of town often these days. It's nice now that I can use my iPad to connect with FoE but there was zero chance I would ever visit every city and MP people. AID allows me to help out while I am away for days or weeks at a time.

barney001

LOVING AID! Best dang feature EVAH!

- - - Updated - - -

So much for diamond buildings being hit first, as I read here would be the case. I've been polished twelve times now and each of those times a diamond building previously motivated went untouched. And my city is maintained at 120% by me. I don't need polish!

That was a really huge stupid pill swallowed by the devs. What was the point of beta testing if this is the useless trash delivered to customers? I've received absolutely no useful mopo so far today. None!
Need some cheese with that wine?

DeletedUser8152

You can still get your warm fuzzies if you want.
I get warm fuzzies when I know people have visited me, is what I'm saying. I've never felt MP was mainly about the benefit, but more about the social networking. I get why people like the new thing, it's easier. But sometimes I think hard things can be worthwhile just because they are hard.

DeletedUser

But sometimes I think hard things can be worthwhile just because they are hard.
Thats what she... oh nevermind.

I get warm fuzzies when I know people have visited me, is what I'm saying. I've never felt MP was mainly about the benefit, but more about the social networking.

I get it. It's just not that way for me. MP is a function. A mechanic of the game. Having a simpler way for me to use that function allows me more time to be social in other better ways if I choose to do so. Forums, chat or messaging. Which are all VERY lacking but they are what we have. *sigh*

DeletedUser14158

I don't know if anybody knows this but when you use the aid button to m/p a players city that is fully polished and motivated you do not actually aid that player, and since you have not polished or motivated anything you do not get a chance at a blueprint, you get 20 coins, the twenty four hour counter starts counting down and both you and the player you were trying to aid gets screwed. How hard would it have been to have the aid button grey out when there is nothing to m/p.

DeletedUser9732

1. Shrine of Knowledge, Oasis, Tiger's Den - random M/P from one of them
2. If you don't have any of the above buildings or they're m/p-ed, there's a 50% chance for M and 50% chance for P for a building from your current age
3. If you no longer have any current age buildings available, there's a 50% chance for M and 50% chance for P for a building from your previous age
4. Etc. It goes down age by age and gives you a random M/P.

So, it looks like this is false. I just had a confirmed Aid from a guild member which polished my HMA Tree of Love when I had a ton of Progressive things available for M/P.

DeletedUser9393

So, it looks like this is false. I just had a confirmed Aid from a guild member which polished my HMA Tree of Love when I had a ton of Progressive things available for M/P.

My Late Middle Ages Phoenix Statues are getting Polished ahead of motivating my Colonial Age Gambel Roof Houses.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't know if anybody knows this but when you use the aid button to m/p a players city that is fully polished and motivated you do not actually aid that player, and since you have not polished or motivated anything you do not get a chance at a blueprint, you get 20 coins, the twenty four hour counter starts counting down and both you and the player you were trying to aid gets screwed. How hard would it have been to have the aid button grey out when there is nothing to m/p.

Serious question not snarky. How are you screwed? If there was nothing to do then you still had no chance of getting a BP whether you used AID or not.

The coding would be easy. I think the network overhead cost was be unbearable. Such code would require constant polling of every friend, guild, and neighbor city plus every item in them in order to update the AID button under every persons name. This is not like the old system where it only updated when you visited their city. One at a time and the data could be dumped after you left. That's just my guess since I'm not a FoE dev. :)

DeletedUser9732

Serious question not snarky. How are you screwed? If there was nothing to do then you still had no chance of getting a BP whether you used AID or not.

The coding would be easy. I think the network overhead cost was be unbearable. Such code would require constant polling of every friend, guild, and neighbor city plus every item in them in order to update the AID button under every persons name. This is not like the old system where it only updated when you visited their city. One at a time and the data could be dumped after you left. That's just my guess since I'm not a FoE dev. :)

He got 'screwed' because if he had waited, there might have been something available before the 24h window was up. Greying the button would likely not be feasible, but if when you hit it there is nothing to do, it should pop up a message and tell you you can't do that right now, not start the 24h counter.

DeletedUser12240

I'm not complaining on my behalf, but on the behalves of my guild and friends.

My town has been in practice for 100% anti-polish since I began a few months ago, and I feel sorry for those who now need to revamp their entire city to accommodate for this new feature. Not every player always has the best method for balancing their towns, and I don't believe they should be punished for not immediately understanding how The Game functions. New players may not have advanced knowledge that older players do, but they aren't dumb to know what is needed and what isn't.
Does this new feature basically render decorations nigh pointless in terms of balancing happiness? Or does it force those who rely on polish to destroy their invested labor in balancing based on only a few polishes? Maybe it does neither, and just ruins the point of utilizing certain cultural buildings at one time.

I knew this was going to open a can factory of worms, and I honestly wouldn't put it beyond Inno to be able to foresee all these problems. However, I think it is utterly unexcusable to rush out the update rather than push it back a week to fix such.
I don't want to believe the devs would be so calloused to ignore input way ahead of time (hence beta servers?), and so I truly expect efforts hastened as much as this update to remedy the situation at hand.

Elreydelleon

DeletedUser14159

PROPOSAL FOR NEW AID BUTTON

I'm not exactly sure where I'm supposed to put this so I'll set it here. Look, the concept of the "Aid" button is a great idea. The only problem I'm having with it is that it gives us no choice whether we want to polish people or motivate them. Some of us don't NEED polish, we need motivation for coin or supplies. I know this is a suggestion and a complaint but perhaps u guys should add in a dual aid button. One for polish (chooses randomly and automatically) and one for motivate(randomly and automatically chooses an item to motivate). Also, my guild has a lot of complaints on why the system starts with polish instead of supplies. If u don't change the system as I suggested, then do it like this: aid randomly starting with supplies, then polish, then houses. That way its at least a little fair for those who need their supplies motivated instead of polishes. Also, can u fix it to where it doesn't polish one by ones BEFORE doing all the houses, supply buildings? Sorry for the long letter, thanks for hearing me out. :D

Regards,
Lady Onyx
Crusading Knights
Korch

DeletedUser

Agreed. I really like the Aid feature. However, I think the implementation doesn't appear to work exactly as ThePhantom states (which I think would be ideal). I am seeing what Traxxed is seeing.

Once you are beyond the current age, it seems to polish anything else first - regardless of age. To test, I tried this out (on E world). I'm in Colonial, and I have 10+ LMA houses and 5 HMA farms that are open. I added an iron age deco. Guess what? The next item that was Aided was the deco. I've done this a few times, and same result.

DeletedUser14158

He got 'screwed' because if he had waited, there might have been something available before the 24h window was up. Greying the button would likely not be feasible, but if when you hit it there is nothing to do, it should pop up a message and tell you you can't do that right now, not start the 24h counter.

when you hit aid when their is nothing to aid you get screwed out of a bp chance, also since you aided someone that did not need it, later after they have collected or their polish wears off and they could use some aid you will be unable to screwing them out of m/p they could have had ie you both get screwed. if you do not believe me find a city that has full m/p and hit aid.

DeletedUser1862

I went through my entire three lists, aiding everyone simply because I could use the new feature. I'm not sure if it's lucky or not, but I got three blueprints out of the process (two unique and a duplicate) all for the same building.
Looked at my town to see that most of my space-filler trees were now polished, so I got rid of them. Hopefully when the polishes remaining wear off, I still have what I need, or I might need to put some things back in.
Rather like the feature, was actually able to help my friends for the first time in months.
Just gotta ask, will this new feature work with the quests that need you to visit/motivate/polish people to complete?

DeletedUser10517

$100 a week I spend on here.
Not anymore.

The GvG Map is almost unplayable because I cant turn that Hardware Acc off.....it jerks and lags like crazy.

I get decs polished before diamond production buildings. Even if I took decs away, mostly I dont need polishing.

No matter how much you tell people "You can still manually Mo/Po" they wont. The ease of use is far too tempting.

Honestly....why fix something when it wasnt broken? Why do games like this always end up spoiling themselves bending over backwards trying to please the 'Instant gratification' people?

And that green tick is a nightmare!

DeletedUser6172

when you hit aid when their is nothing to aid you get screwed out of a bp chance.
If you run the table when you do an Aid pass, then you're NOT going to be resetting any 24 hour timers anyway, so the problem goes away.

If you look at the "problem" from a programming point of few, it's pretty easy to track which cities YOU have already visited, as part of YOUR data, and then spit out a blind action request to Aid the selected city, to which the city responds with a single results message.

If you think about what it would take to determine that the city didn't have anything TOO Polish/Motivate, that would be an ENORMOUS amount of data that would have to be exchanged ahead of time, for a status update that you wouldn't even care about most of the time.

The Aid function probably needs some tuning, like adding the Hall of Fame, BUT most of the tuning will occur in optimal city design. For example, if you're going to be getting a lot of polishes anyway, then you should design your city such that your population is still enthusiastic if 1 large or 2 medium Cultural Buildings are unpolished, but depend on Aid for the rest of your happiness and use the extra space for goods and troops.

DeletedUser1862

No matter how much you tell people "You can still manually Mo/Po" they wont. The ease of use is far too tempting.
Thank you mr 'I can speak for everyone'.

And thanks for the confirmation that the feature will work for quests in the other thread Phantom.

DeletedUser10076

Aid is indeed a game changer. Less need for cultural=more room for the good stuff. +1 from me.

Treasure hunt seems like something a 7 year old came up with. A "meh" from me.

Sneaking the HA full time activation in.....completely enrages me. I have never had any real problems with the game till this thing went live. Please give us the choice to deactivate it. Thank you