• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.40 - Feedback

DeletedUser2145

Sneaking the HA full time activation in.....completely enrages me. I have never had any real problems with the game till this thing went live. Please give us the choice to deactivate it. Thank you

I don't think it was sneaked in at all, it's clearly pointed out in the changelog. However, I think the Aid feature has taken the spotlight and the other changes from the update haven't gotten any attention at all. Which is a pity, as I think proper feedback on the HA change is far more critical --- the Aid feature, regardless of how it works now, can be improved over time and it's certainly not stopping anyone from playing. But troubles with the HA can prevent many folks from playing, and if they can't get their voice heard due to the Aid comments it'll be who knows how long before their issues are resolved.

DeletedUser10076

It was on there, I didn't notice it till the last minute. Like you said Aid and treasure hunt took the spotlight. After the last time they tried to go full time with it.....well I'm just going to chalk it up into another trust raising issue to be sure.

I do like the new pretty attack picture when you visit a hoodie.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So far, I detest the new Aid feature. Allies and neighbors that've been using it are automatically polishing my Realms decoratives initially, which I don't ever need in two of my Worlds. When able, I take the time to visit, read profile status texts and support others Realms as requested. Only times I don't is if I'm Blue Print hunting. Personally, I'd rather things revert back to it's prior Support function and appeal. :eek:

I appreciate the Captain's Treasure Hunt feature. So far it's a nice new addition. Although I personally feel that the quantity of supplies and coins rewards % received for each Era could be increased a little more.

I've mainly utilized the DeActivate option for Hardware Acceleration in all my Worlds, since non of them is the recommended Age for Activating Hardware Acceleration. So to now suddenly make this option obsolete is quite perplexing to me and even more so, aggravating...to say the least. I was highly grateful for the game loading much faster with the Hardware Acceleration Game Display Engine DeActivated. Therefore; in my personal opinion, feel that this was a terrible idea to have this option removed and will effect multitudes of players willingness to continue playing FoE. :(

Please reconsider the maintenance of the Aid feature and Hardware Acceleration adjustments made? :rolleyes:

Your consideration of players/customers feedback is of high gratitude!
~ Tribal Chief Kamali ^_^

DeletedUser11386

Let's all hope they don't have access to button that turns on Cybernet

So far I got really good MP except too much polish I don't need. Others in my guild had like 20 decos polished, some lower age then their Hall of Fames. a Mixed response from my guild thus far.

I Think if they tweaked this function just a bit to put decos lowest priority, add in a few highest priority buildings like diamond and other special event buildings, and disallowed the aiding of players with nothing to MP .... that maybe this function would work a bit better for all

lemonwedgie

Serious question not snarky. How are you screwed? If there was nothing to do then you still had no chance of getting a BP whether you used AID or not.

No, but the 24hr counter has started so he/she does not have the opportunity to go back later. This is something I have asked about in *Questions* ... if there is nothing to m/p then the Aid button should not work and the 24hr counter should not start.

DeletedUser

I think they are still available in the event history.
VYNBFpM.png

iSp97PF.png

aNDJN0t.png

DeletedUser14158

I think they are still available in the event history.
VYNBFpM.png

iSp97PF.png

aNDJN0t.png

that is all well and good but if someone aids your city while your fully motivated and polished then they wont be in the log because they will not have motivated or polished anything and if you m/p your guild or friends list that message dose not come up, Bottom line is if you have to check someones city to make sure they have something to m/p then it defeats the purpose of the aid button.

DeletedUser14158

and i do not know how you got a failed message, i just aided someone who had nothing to m/p and it had no problem letting me do it.

DeletedUser1009

My Progressive era trees are all polished and my Contemporary houses are not motivated. This is contrary to how I thought this was supposed to work. I thought the latest era structure/deco was given priority.

Edit- my iron age victory pillar is also polished. WTF?

I know the developers say that the aid button is not supposed to replace the traditional method of P/M, but that's like saying the automobile is not a replacement for a horse- just a convenience.

DeletedUser5212

I'm sorry but the treasure hunt thing is quite possibly the most annoying thing on FoE.

1) It clutters an already cluttered screen.
2) The rewards are extremely paltry. For example I won 360 supplies to my total of 3.5 million supplies.
3) The green check mark is annoying when one cannot click on the rewards due to the timer.

I would like to recommend the option to disable and hide the 'treasure hunt' from view.

DeletedUser8152

The later rewards are pretty decent. And I don't understand what you mean about the check mark, I only see that when a chest is ready to collect. But I haven't necessarily got it all figured out yet.

But if you want to propose an option to turn it off, go for it; if lots of people don't like it I'm sure that can be done.

DeletedUser

Need to move premium production/housing/culture buildings up in the list of priorities. I have some premium productions I won. These are far better than any I can build in my age but are totally ignored by AID since they are two ages older than my current age. Hoping to replace some this event but until that miracle happens they should be higher in the AID order than standard buildings.

DeletedUser2774

THE NEW ATTACK BUTTONS POSITIONING STINKS CHANGE IT BACK......THE AID BUTTON IS UNNECESSARY REMOVE IT.

DeletedUser10806

Wow 16 pages of feedback and it aint finished yet!

Attack Button / Aid button repositioning - after a few days you'll get used to it. After aiding a couple of guys I wanted to attack I learnt to look!
Treasure Hunt - annoying but useful if you happen to be playing all day - you might get a semi decent prize at the end.
Aid Button - brilliant. Just decrease the amount of 1x1 decos you have, focus on the bigger buildings and you should be fine.. If you have a city that's a hotch potch of 1x1 decos you deserve all you get.

All my important stuff is motivated or polished. Law of averages suggests that over the course of the day the bulk of the decent stuff will get a hit

To those they say they're going to quit the game because they get useless polishes, I say... really!! How pathetic.

DeletedUser13535

Would it be difficult to all three checkboxes to your own profile? Something like,
"Allow Polish"
"Allow Coin Motivate"
"Allow Supplies Motivate"

If nothing is checked, game will random. If the checked thing is full, game will random.
This way you could set up what you needed and the aid button would actually be useful. As it stands now, it's quite harmful. No one visits my city anymore. My stupid tree is polished, but none of my supplies are motivated. Unless I ask my guild or friends specifically that I need help with supplies or coins, it simply does not get done. Yes, I do get more visits, but they are useless since they're all polish.

If nothing is planned for change, can I submit a ticket and get the gems back I used for all the deco I bought since they're now useless and actively hurting my city? Have a bare city so there's nothing to polish? Some of us made a city to be self sufficient and this greatly hinders progress on people who choose to play this way.

DeletedUser10806

Seriously?
Money Back
If you're self sufficient and at 120% and someone comes along and hits the aid button and a deco gets polished then are you worse off? You're not better off either. It's neutral for you. The guy hitting the aid button gets 20 coin and the chance of a BP. He's better off.

After all you're self sufficient aren't you? You don't need tyhe m/ping and I'm sure someone polishing a deco doesn't hinder you one jot.

DeletedUser13535

Let me clarify, I'm self sufficient in happiness. I do not need polish. This is because I used gems to buy decorations that made me self sufficient in happiness.

Someone clicks that button. I now get 0 benefit. I *could* have gotten 2x the supplies or coins as I used to get. Now think of what my neighbors are getting. Hmmm this is a competitive game, isn't it?

Yes, I want my money back for something I paid for that's now rendered useless.

DeletedUser

Let me clarify, I'm self sufficient in happiness. I do not need polish. This is because I used gems to buy decorations that made me self sufficient in happiness.

Someone clicks that button. I now get 0 benefit. I *could* have gotten 2x the supplies or coins as I used to get. Now think of what my neighbors are getting. Hmmm this is a competitive game, isn't it?

Yes, I want my money back for something I paid for that's now rendered useless.

When I read this I just HAD to laugh... I can not believe you are actually asking for your money back LOL. If your decos were NOT giving out the happiness they were meant to give, then I could understand it... but this is not the case, your decos are NOT broken, they are still working fine, doing what you paid for them to do. You are asking for your money back because people are polishing them? They are STILL working, actually better now when polished they give MORE happiness. Seriously, would you go into a store and buy a lamp, take it home, plug it in and use it... then let's say a few people give you more lamps, would you really take that first lamp back to the store and demand your money back for it because NOW you have more light than you need, from others giving you more lamps? If it bothers you soooo much, then think about changing friends, or something. Find friends who feel the same as you, who don't want to use the button or have it used on them...

DeletedUser10806

Maybe I should send you a bill for the time its taken me to read your posts?