• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.40 - Feedback

DeletedUser10517

I am fascinated by players obsession with polishing 1x1's for BP's .... is there evidence that you are more likely to get them?

I have never polished a 1x1 I think it is an insult to the player if you want early age BP's then look for early age friends, or donate to an early age GB. As a sidenote, I have been recieving BPs daily now, the aid button has allowed me to do m/p runs of everyone on a daily basis so I have upped my chances of recieving BPs ...

Other than the HoF's not being a priority I have no complaints about the Aid button. Afterall any m/p is a bonus on top of what you are going to get.

Nobody wants to polish 1x1 decs.
I said that as a whole guild, some players move ahead quicker than others......leaving behind new players or slower playing players.
So that they still have a chance to find BPs within guild, some of us put flowers into our towns because we have no other bronze age items left....but we still want to help our guildies.

When the guildies come to them now, theyve already been polished by someone using the Aid button.

The person giving the Aid loves the button.....they can speed through a guild, a neighbourhood and 140 friends, sit back with a bit of extra coin and a couple of BPs and think "Job Done".

People who receive that quick, rushed Aid though arent so 'aided' in many cases. What good is 100 Motivations on Houses if someone is not short of coin and their preference is Supplies? It is not half and half.

The aid button should only be used on people use do not express a preference.......if you do, then how have you actually aided them if you end up polishing a flowerbed?

lemonwedgie

So that they still have a chance to find BPs within guild, some of us put flowers into our towns because we have no other bronze age items left....but we still want to help our guildies.

Well, yes we have people that do that in our guild ... all I am saying is I have never polished a 1x1 but still manage to get my BPs. On worlds where I am further behind, I find friends who have the age appropriate buildings or I donate.

Well ... I can honestly say that the Aid button has not been a problem for me. I realise how labourious an m/p can be so I have actually specified in my profile to use the Aid button. I have never seen so many gold stars in my city. My happiness is ALWAYS enthusiastic now and my coin has almost doubled. Supplies aren't always motivated if its less than a 24hr run but I have enough buildings for my supply needs ... because my city is my responsibility. My only issue is the HoF not be included in 'specials'

Also, if you are a member of a guild, this is what your guild is for ... if you have a special request because Aid hasn't hit a specific building then you send out a guild-wide message, there will be guildies that haven't done their run yet. This is what we do in our guild.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Well ... I can honestly say that the Aid button has not been a problem for me. I realise how labourious an m/p can be so I have actually specified in my profile to use the Aid button. I have never seen so many gold stars in my city. My happiness is ALWAYS enthusiastic now and my coin has almost doubled. Supplies aren't always motivated if its less than a 24hr run but I have enough buildings for my supply needs ... because my city is my responsibility. My only issue is the HoF not be included in 'specials'

If you have enough or more than enough coin, you bypass collecting Motivated houses, thus freeing up MP to catch the unmotivated Supply Buildings.

This was suggested by a Guild member on one of my worlds and works like a charm. You can swap the Motivated houses to an area so they are all together and easier to bypass.

NOTE: On one of my worlds I have 15 million coin and 500,000 supplies. Since starting this, my supplies picked up has sometimes almost doubled on that world.

DeletedUser3747

I hate how my IndA Nutcracker , CA Award Trophy , Iron Victory Pillar etc. get polished before my CE Supply or houses ... I know they are Special , but I really don't need them polished.
I really don't see how the developers can keep saying the Aid button is set to mo/po the higher ages first , since I get IndA , CA and LMA normal decorations polished before PE buildings.
When the Easter Event comes , we will loose a lot of eggs because evan our Stone Age trees will get polished ... unless they change the Event and there won't be any egg hunt.

DeletedUser10517

The Devs really have shot themselves in the foot, as I realised this morning I wouldnt need to buy diamonds as often now.

People who buy diamonds would do so to upgrade their buildings to bring in more supplies, coins and happiness.

I dont need to do that now, as they all get Mo/Po's every day.

I dont think they thought this whole 'Aid' thing through properly.

DeletedUser10266

The Devs really have shot themselves in the foot, as I realised this morning I wouldnt need to buy diamonds as often now.

People who buy diamonds would do so to upgrade their buildings to bring in more supplies, coins and happiness.

I dont need to do that now, as they all get Mo/Po's every day.

I dont think they thought this whole 'Aid' thing through properly.

There will always be diamond buyers. I dont think the aid button hurt them at all.

DeletedUser2145

I actually think it helps, if you're getting M/Ped actively then it seems worthy to purchase premium buildings so that you can further increase your city's performance. The only thing it may lower purchase with is the "double all productions" feature which I do not believe was used often in the first place.

DeletedUser10517

Im a diamond buyer.....I bought diamonds to gain more supplies, or happiness.

Now that Im Mo/Po 4 times as much, Ive no need for Premium buildings.

The other issue that doesnt seem to be getting much feedback is the Acceleration......its made my gameplay a nightmare.

I cant use guild chat or messages whilst on the Map anymore and its impossible to write. I cant look at sectors properly becuase the cursor and movement are so out of sync....its a nightmare.

Most people wont have a problem with it becuase they dont GvG, but it really is bad to see the clouds.... j e r k i n g along. <sigh>

DeletedUser

Most people wont have a problem with it becuase they dont GvG, but it really is bad to see the clouds.... j e r k i n g along. <sigh>

I believe you can turn off the Clouds.
Options (2 cogs) - Disable Smoke Animations (at the bottom)

You will need to check this for me as I had it disabled BEFORE the Clouds were added (Please let us know).
This might also take care of your other problems while on a Map

DeletedUser

City smoke animations are not the same as GvG map clouds. Clouds might be on a new toggle soon.

DeletedUser

City smoke animations are not the same as GvG map clouds. Clouds might be on a new toggle soon.

You are correct. Recommend a Proposal be created. I would definetaly support such a proposal even though I am CURRENTLY not having any problems.

DeletedUser10517

I dont understand why its as bad as it is.
I used to play on Opera browser, then I was told as it was written for Chrome, I should use Chrome. Its worse on Chrome than any other browser Ive tried.
I have a pretty decent new PC, nothing else running at the same time.........when I had the option to turn it off, it was ok. Now its on all the time and its dire. Its spoiling the game for me.

DeletedUser

There will always be diamond buyers. I dont think the aid button hurt them at all.

It has definitely hurt me. What twisted logic has Aid polishing teched cultural buildings in a city already at 120% and ignoring (current age) diamond supply buildings? Aid has yet to hit one of my diamond buildings. Why buy diamond buildings if regular tech buildings get polished before anything else and leave me with nothing useful at all?

I usually spend 2-3 times as much for an event diamonds as I did this time. That will either continue or very likely lessen even more until the devs exhaust their supplies of stupid pills and fix this pain in the "Aid."

Why polish at all in a city already at 120%? The simplest of programming can have it see polish isn't needed and to motivate instead. Only slightly more thought to programming can have it see polish will run out soon and polish before it does, leaving a city fully polished at all times while not ever polishing those never needing polish at all.

This was NOT beta tested. If it was, nobody paid attention to that testing. Or maybe the devs don't play their own game and thus are completely clueless to what's really happening in the game. Either way, it has me all but quitting (and still seriously considering it) and definitely is costing them (at least my) hard-earned money.

DeletedUser

Treasure hunt seems like something a 7 year old came up with. A "meh" from me.

This isn't the first time I've had such a thought. LOL. In fact, the whole of Aid seems a task the devs gave to their 8 y/o son or daughter so they could say they helped Daddy with the game and use it as an elementary school project.

DeletedUser1862

Why polish at all in a city already at 120%? The simplest of programming can have it see polish isn't needed and to motivate instead. Only slightly more thought to programming can have it see polish will run out soon and polish before it does, leaving a city fully polished at all times while not ever polishing those never needing polish at all.

This was NOT beta tested. If it was, nobody paid attention to that testing. Or maybe the devs don't play their own game and thus are completely clueless to what's really happening in the game. Either way, it has me all but quitting (and still seriously considering it) and definitely is costing them (at least my) hard-earned money.

I'm guessing you don't have any background in programming, specifically web-programming. The code may be simple, but it's a big cost for the server and probably for the processors involved to get the necessary data to determine things like this. While it might be effective for the viewers, it's rather involved and they might not want to put that much stress on the system.
Along with the HA works, it was probably thought of as too much at once.

I think it needed to be done first and tested before Hardware Acceleration was looked at, but I'm not a developer, I don't pretend to know their priorities.

DeletedUser2774

Quite simply these MG Teams are grossly over powered. All other units that get retaliation only get 1 per melee and only to adjacent units. the MG team gets apparently unlimited retaliation from any distance within its range. This is quite simply unacceptably overpowered.

DeletedUser

Quite simply these MG Teams are grossly over powered. All other units that get retaliation only get 1 per melee and only to adjacent units. the MG team gets apparently unlimited retaliation from any distance within its range. This is quite simply unacceptably overpowered.

Should this belong in a different thread and not here?

DeletedUser

I'm guessing you don't have any background in programming, specifically web-programming. The code may be simple, but it's a big cost for the server and probably for the processors involved to get the necessary data to determine things like this.
And I call "BULLOCKS!" on that one; All that's needed is to parse the flag that also sets the smily in the top-bar;Everything that needs to be calculated has been done there already, so no extra server-load. A few bits tops to toggle the "polish" on or off.
Yes; it's THAT simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1862

And I call "BULLOCKS!" on that one; All that's needed is to parse the flag that also sets the smily in the top-bar;Everything that needs to be calculated has been done there already, so no extra server-load. A few bits tops to toggle the "polish" on or off.
Yes; it's THAT simple.
Realize that this would need to be done for 'every person', negating the benefit of not having to visit the city personally that the Aid button was created for. It's not simple.

DeletedUser

Another case of: 's been done already:
The particular "aid" is tied to the city you click the button under. Hence: the Data of that city's already loaded.(however condensed, for the purposes of this particular sub-routine..)

Last edited by a moderator: