• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.40 - Feedback

DeletedUser1862

Why polish at all in a city already at 120%? The simplest of programming can have it see polish isn't needed and to motivate instead. Only slightly more thought to programming can have it see polish will run out soon and polish before it does, leaving a city fully polished at all times while not ever polishing those never needing polish at all.
No, it's not done. The server only needs to look at this data when the relevant city is being collected, and adding the boost. If it's your city it does it when you're looking at the things that benefit. Definitely not when the Aid button is pressed on another computer.
When Aid is pressed, it doesn't need to look at the city at all unless the BP trigger is keyed, and then only the building itself is loaded.

DeletedUser

No, it's not done. The server only needs to look at this data when the relevant city is being collected, and adding the boost. If it's your city it does it when you're looking at the things that benefit. Definitely not when the Aid button is pressed on another computer.
When Aid is pressed, it doesn't need to look at the city at all unless the BP trigger is keyed, and then only the building itself is loaded.
You're wrong, Bastion.
That data IS loaded; It's used to determine the status of that face in the top-bar.
OK; maybe not the time remaining, but the simple binary matter of "120%/100%/50%" is at anytime loaded and hence available when you access a city, be it through actual visit or the through the "aid"-function.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2145

There's a difference between visiting a player and using the Aid button. When you visit a player you load all their data, whether you want it or not, even though you may not have final calculations (you'd load what population the other player has and what happiness, but you wouldn't load the info on whether or not their city is enthusiastic). When you click the Aid button you do not load anything in that way. You get the basics such as does said city have a SoK/Oasis/Tiger's that is available for M/P, then if there's any C/S building to motivate or a C/D (cultural/deco) to polish. You do not load any statistics of those buildings or general city statistics.

Also, this is not solely about bandwidth, you're discussing a game change and there's always the question of "should that be done" --- from your perspective it's needed. From someone else's it may not be. Someone doesn't want happiness just to reach an enthusiastic city, someone wants to be way above the threshold so they don't lose their enthusiastic status at crucial times and then have to bug someone for a polish.

The feature does a random action because it's not meant to be tailed to suit certain players and it's not meant to replace the standard M/P system.

DeletedUser2145

But it doesn't. Lots of guilds and friends do the old M/P among each other and use the Aid feature for neighbors and the rest of their friends.

If you have feedback of any kind you can present it properly without insult everyone and maybe then it can be taken into account.

DeletedUser4491

I hate how my IndA Nutcracker , CA Award Trophy , Iron Victory Pillar etc. get polished before my CE Supply or houses ... I know they are Special , but I really don't need them polished.
I really don't see how the developers can keep saying the Aid button is set to mo/po the higher ages first , since I get IndA , CA and LMA normal decorations polished before PE buildings.
When the Easter Event comes , we will loose a lot of eggs because evan our Stone Age trees will get polished ... unless they change the Event and there won't be any egg hunt.

The reason your lower age deco is getting polivated first is the Aid button Polishes before it motivates - LMA deco gets hit before CE supply building.

Good point on the Easter egg thing though...I'd have to imagine the Devs will come up with something to counter that though before Spring gets here (disable the Aid button for a month?).

DeletedUser8428

But it does and anyone with a single functioning braincell could've predicted that.

Perhaps it works that way for you, but it doesn't replace the standard M/P system for me or anyone in my guild. We manually M/P guild members. And I manually M/P those friends with a specified preference.

DeletedUser6095

I think the new Aid button is fantastic. My Graphics card is functioning a lot better now. I have been playing for over 1 year now and when this feature came out I was very happy. I have more time now to enjoy the game itself. I used to spend a lot of time Polishing and Motivating everyone daily. I promised myself I would do this manually 3 times a week. When my day is full I use the Aid button.

My City is now motivated more and I am getting more out of my production's. The players that never bothered to M/P before are now doing it because it doesn't take much time. So in all I am making out better now.

Happy Holidays :)
PokerGoddess

DeletedUser11903

I'd like to hear from one of the devs if this rumor is true - If you m/p anything from the stone age, it resets your "count" for getting blue prints. I feel safe using the aid button on my friends in the higher ages, but i still visit manually the ppl in early ages because i don't want to risk polishing stone age trees and oblisks etc. I know ppl who have placed oblisks in their city just to sabatoge the ppl who use the aid button on them :)

DeletedUser7289

Chyme, it's the oldest myth in the game about a "count" for BP's. There is NO COUNT! It's a random chance each time you MP. The only impact of MP'ing stone age is that there's no chance for a BP, because there's no stone age GB.

DeletedUser8152

I'd like to hear from one of the devs if this rumor is true - If you m/p anything from the stone age, it resets your "count" for getting blue prints. I feel safe using the aid button on my friends in the higher ages, but i still visit manually the ppl in early ages because i don't want to risk polishing stone age trees and oblisks etc. I know ppl who have placed oblisks in their city just to sabatoge the ppl who use the aid button on them :)
This is not true, there is no 'counter.' Every time you MP (or plunder) something, there is the same random chance that you will get a blueprint.

DeletedUser11609

It appears the Aid button works even when the city is 100% POL/MOT. Can we have an explanation of what happens in this case? I assume you have no chance for a bp, and no way of knowing unless you visit the city, which makes the aid button useless.

DeletedUser8152

It appears the Aid button works even when the city is 100% POL/MOT. Can we have an explanation of what happens in this case? I assume you have no chance for a bp, and no way of knowing unless you visit the city, which makes the aid button useless.
That is correct, but if I understand correctly it will be fixed in the next update.

DeletedUser2145

Please see this thread for more info:
http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?8209-Nothing-left-to-m-p-yet-the-aid-button-works

It is not a bug. Though other communities that have had the feature before us are already sending proposals to change that.

It gives you the 20 coin, it doesn't do anything in the other player's city because there's nothing to do. It was done this way because it's not possible to make the Aid button on the social bar reflect whether or not there is an available M/P feature, it can't go grey/orange based on that, it would put too great a load on the game servers.

DeletedUser14171

Will there be any option to go to someone's city directly from the EVENT HISTORY window in addition to the AID button???

DeletedUser10415

Winter Event Feedback: The present that's isn't a present

If 2X is purchased with 10 stars, followed by Show 2, only 2 are shown (not doubled to Show 4), and though the +3 stars that come with Show 2 are doubled to make +6 stars, that doesn't make up for the 10 stars spent on the 2X. In effect, the 2X cost 4 stars and does nothing in this case. At the very least, Show 2 should award +12 stars, so if it follows a 2X, it will act like a +14 star present. (+24 stars, -10 stars paid for the 2X, = +14 stars)

DeletedUser

NO GOODS PACKAGE DELIVERED! 2 x for sure now!

Please give us your feedback and suggestions for the Changelog 1.40 update. We are interested in hearing your thoughts!

Your Forge of Empires Team

for the 2nd time my 8h GOODS PACKAGE reward did not deliver anything! What is the point in the interrupted sleep cycle and obsessive focus on this event if the rewards are not going to be delivered!? This is the 2nd time for my player on Houndsmoor and I am not sure but I could've sworn on the first or second day I did not get a Goods package on my Korch world player either!

- - - Updated - - -

So much for diamond buildings being hit first, as I read here would be the case. I've been polished twelve times now and each of those times a diamond building previously motivated went untouched. And my city is maintained at 120% by me. I don't need polish!

That was a really huge stupid pill swallowed by the devs. What was the point of beta testing if this is the useless trash delivered to customers? I've received absolutely no useful mopo so far today. None!

Get rid of every single 1x1 in your city. The Aid goes to those first. Once they are gone, it will polish all bigs, then move on to motivating. If you have enough Neighbors, Friends, and Guildies to Aid you, close to all of your buildings should get covered. The 1x1s are massive Aid-sponges. All in all I like the Aid button as it's given me a better BP reward rate than my M/P'ing. I welcome people to Aid me rather than do my preferences.

If you set up your city correctly, you don't need but 4 or 5 good cultural buildings so there are your 4 or 5 Polishings given by Aid. So, GET RID OF ALL 1x1s to make AID work FOR you! :D

DeletedUser2145

You do NOT get a goods package, you simply get a certain amount of all goods from your current age. These go directly to your goods totals, they aren't rewarded as any package in your inventory (despite what the message might say).

DeletedUser

't Would've been nice though, to see which goods are recieved.
Like the "bubble" that apears when a GB is collected.

DeletedUser

I would like to see several expansions on the 8-hour chest rewards. It would be awesome if there was a small chance of finding rare gifts just to keep it exciting:

20 diamonds (.05%)
3 large FP packs (.05%)
(unattached) champion unit (.05%)
(unattached) rogue unit (.05%)
renovation kit (.01%)
current age premium production building(i.e film studio, greenhouse, computer games company) (.01%)
50 diamonds (.01%)

Something that you could find maybe 1-3 times a month if lucky. Only on the 8-hour chests
smilefoe.png