• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

EQAULITY IN NEIGHBORHOODS!!!!

DeletedUser

Since customer support(which is a laugh) says theres nothing they can do about neighborhoods. I would like too make a suggestion too the developers and its fairly simple actually its REAL SIMPLE! Postmodern Technology Shouldn't be int eh same neighborhood as Colonial. Simply put only groups that are together technology wise should be together. Im tired of getting raided from hell from tanks and theres no way IN HELL Grandeirs can defend against them. Truth be told getting close too quitting unless someone does something there is any reason WHAT SO EVER too lose ALL YOUR GOODS EVERYDAY!!!!!!!! To more advanced players than yourself then on that case they should put in the rules SORRY PLAYERS YOUR SCREWED WE WANT ONLY HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS ON HERE!
:mad:

DeletedUser3556

There is no such thing as a perfect defense it doesn't matter what you put up people can defeat every type of defensive army and you can always be plundered. It doesn't matter what age the attackers are from as the reason your losing all your goods everyday is because by your own admission your not collecting on time. Stop leaving your goods uncollected and no one can plunder them. Problem solved.

Additionally this isn't a proposal its a rant, you and everyone else that lets themselves be plundered seems to ignore the
Proposal Guidelines[READ BEFORE POSTING]
POSTED RIGHT AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD.

There is already a proposal submitted about limiting the ages of players in neighborhoods to 2 ages, I wont waste time linking it as your problem is caused by lack of time management.
Have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16869

Since customer support(which is a laugh) says theres nothing they can do about neighborhoods. I would like too make a suggestion too the developers and its fairly simple actually its REAL SIMPLE! Postmodern Technology Shouldn't be int eh same neighborhood as Colonial. Simply put only groups that are together technology wise should be together. Im tired of getting raided from hell from tanks and theres no way IN HELL Grandeirs can defend against them. Truth be told getting close too quitting unless someone does something there is any reason WHAT SO EVER too lose ALL YOUR GOODS EVERYDAY!!!!!!!! To more advanced players than yourself then on that case they should put in the rules SORRY PLAYERS YOUR SCREWED WE WANT ONLY HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS ON HERE!
:mad:

I'm in the same boat. I'm ranked 115th globally in my World, but I recently got moved to a neighborhood with all of the Contemporary players. So it's my Industrial/Progressive defensive force against Modern Tanks and Attack Helicopter and my side never wins. I collect often enough that I haven't lost much, only 3 times out of 30 or so, but it is stressful to wake up every morning to see that my defenses were breached several times during the night. I suppose it'll get better, because Contemporary is as far up as it goes, and I'll soon have an all Progressive defense force, but it does seem stupid that Contemporary is allowed to attack Progressive at all.

My proposal was to limit how far players would be allowed to 'punch down' I'm ranked 36th in my new nieghborhood, which means that if I'm getting attacked by 6-10 people each day that everyone below me is too. And they undoubtedly have weaker defenses than I do, because I just barely got Progressive units.

DeletedUser10554

BooHoo ............ BooHoo I love stomping the crap out of little people..
sunny.png

DeletedUser8861

Since customer support(which is a laugh) says theres nothing they can do about neighborhoods.

I take offense to your statement.

The US Forge of Empires Support Team answered 3736 support tickets last month, and our average response time was fast (we get to the customer's ticket quickly), on customer satisfaction survey's our customers state they are extremely happy with our handling of their questions/issues.

The US Support Team is here to assist with game-play issues, help moderate the forum, and answer questions. There are certain parts of the game that we have no ability (nor do we want the ability) to change, neighborhood merges are one of those areas.

It continues to amaze me that people get upset when they are attacked and plundered...we have thread after thread on this issue, and yet most that complain fail to follow even the most basic instructions given by other players on how to avoid being plundered. The bottom line is this, every player wants to be the "big-dog" in their neighborhood, and unless we eliminate neighborhoods all together, there will always be someone complaining about how the neighborhoods are structured.

DeletedUser16869

It continues to amaze me that people get upset when they are attacked and plundered...we have thread after thread on this issue, and yet most that complain fail to follow even the most basic instructions given by other players on how to avoid being plundered. The bottom line is this, every player wants to be the "big-dog" in their neighborhood, and unless we eliminate neighborhoods all together, there will always be someone complaining about how the neighborhoods are structured.

It continually amazes me that thread after thread have failed to convince support that this is a problem. If everyone knows at least one person who's quit as a result of this issue, wouldn't you rather fix the issue and prevent future players from dropping out? Isn't the goal of every browser based game to get as many players playing as possible and retain them for as long as possible so they might one day pay for premium content?

As for the "big-dog" comment, I don't wish to be the big dog in my neighborhoods. I'd rather be the middle-dog if possible, which would allow me to get the late age BPs I need, while still providing me with some targets for plunder when I get plunder based quests. However, if I'm ranked 115th in my World and just started the Progressive Era, why am I being matched up against people ranked 1-10 who are in the Contemporary Era? Or more specifically, why are they allowed to attack people 3 eras below them?

I don't mind being in the same neighborhood as Contemporary players, I just don't understand why you don't cap the toxicity that arises from veteran players being able to attack new ones. The neighborhood I was just assigned to runs from Contemporary to HMA -- how did that happen?

DeletedUser2145

Read the rules of the forum you're visiting. Moving this to Forge Hall since it's nowhere near a proposal.

It's not the job of the support team to fix the hoods. Their task is to provide assistance WHERE POSSIBLE or otherwise PROVIDE INFORMATION or REDIRECT YOU --- which in this case is pointing you to the proposals area. Whatever happens is a result of the merging system, once folks are divided into chunks if there's no suitable hood left for them then the game moves them into a hood with available space, which can sometimes lead to a span of multiple ages in a hood. The process for suggesting game changes is outlined in the proposals area which is used for that same purpose.

More to the point, if you do a search of the forum or just look at the already submitted ideas you'll see that a request to have hoods composed of no more than a span of 2 ages has been recently submitted to the developers. We can only wait and keep our fingers crossed, OR come up with different suggestions in the meantime.

DeletedUser14168

Lack of time management? Dude, how many of proposals are there here???? It's a maze. And seriously... Who has time to read them ALL to find just the one type you're looking for. I certainly don't. Maybe put a filter on it, cause "search" takes too long. Too many matches whenever I search.

- - - Updated - - -

There is already a proposal submitted about limiting the ages of players in neighborhoods to 2 ages, I wont waste time linking it as your problem is caused by lack of time management.
Have a nice day.[/QUOTE]

Lack of time management? Dude, how many of proposals are there here???? It's a maze. And seriously... Who has time to read them ALL to find just the one type you're looking for. I certainly don't. Maybe put a filter on it, cause "search" takes too long. Too many matches whenever I search.

DeletedUser6172

And seriously... Who has time to read them ALL to find just the one type you're looking for. I certainly don't.
What are you doing that's so much more important than doing your best to effectively communicate with your intended audience?

Oh - you ARE doing your best??

DeletedUser16839

I will attempt to keep my credibility by not ranting in all caps, using exclamations or whining about plundering. I will try to keep my thoughts short and clear.
It seems there is an acknowledged long standing problem with the neighborhood merge system, ludicrous is the word that comes to mind when someone tries to defend a system that lumps players 6 ages apart into the same neighborhood. By now the devs must be aware of the problem.
My proposal is that everyone stop wasting energy writing endlessly about it here and contact the corporate partners and sponsors. Alert them to the disdain players wishes are held in. Point out that developers who are unresponsive to the most basic requests (a level playing field) will ultimately lose players at an alarming rate. Make use of social media. The voice of a million players does not hold near the weight of one bill paying corporate exec dropping a bunch of letters into the devs laps asking, 'Whats going on?'
No voting needed. I already sent my concerns to people who will most certainly forward them directly to someone who can make the needed changes.

DeletedUser16869

I will attempt to keep my credibility by not ranting in all caps, using exclamations or whining about plundering. I will try to keep my thoughts short and clear.
It seems there is an acknowledged long standing problem with the neighborhood merge system, ludicrous is the word that comes to mind when someone tries to defend a system that lumps players 6 ages apart into the same neighborhood. By now the devs must be aware of the problem.
My proposal is that everyone stop wasting energy writing endlessly about it here and contact the corporate partners and sponsors. Alert them to the disdain players wishes are held in. Point out that developers who are unresponsive to the most basic requests (a level playing field) will ultimately lose players at an alarming rate. Make use of social media. The voice of a million players does not hold near the weight of one bill paying corporate exec dropping a bunch of letters into the devs laps asking, 'Whats going on?'
No voting needed. I already sent my concerns to people who will most certainly forward them directly to someone who can make the needed changes.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. Even though I've only been placed into one neighborhood with the 6 Ages span issue (Contemporary at the top, HMA at the bottom) that was more than enough to alert me to the problem. It's not just a matter of whether individual players are able to deal with it (which I can) it's that the problem and the failure by the developers to address the problem is alienating players. Which ultimately means less players, which means less money, which means less future development and less problems are fixed. And the whole thing goes into a death spiral like so many other games. It should already be in the developers best interests to fix this I am confused as to why most players don't understand this, even if they enjoy bullying other players themselves.

DeletedUser

How many of those tickets did support actually read?

I won't be purchasing any more diamonds and won't be playing any other Inno games.

DeletedUser2145

Let's see. There was a merging process which took place ever few months (basically when two hoods are down to about 35 players), players always had a low number of neighbors, plus the age discrepancies were enormous because the merging was based on date of joining and ranking points. That was replaced with a bi-weekly merging process and the criteria was changed to tech tree progress with the aim to have hoods which span at most 3 ages. The first merging system was there for about a year and a half, the second merging system is now there for about a year and a half. At no stage did the game die or lose excess players so it seems to me it's not that big of an issue to classify it as something that would send into a death spiral --- it's an established game with millions of players, players who have already spent months or years on the game they're not likely to leave for a problem which resolves itself after 2 weeks.

The issue that is experienced by some is simply the inability to place certain chunks of players anywhere. It happens when a chunk of players is taken out from a previous hood because they no longer fit in there, but now there is no appropriate hood for them so the game simply places them in the next-best hood. Since this doesn't happen with a single chunk of players but multiple, it means some chunks end up in hoods which aren't at all appropriate for them. Is that good? No. Is it something that can send the game into a death spiral? No. It's 2 weeks, anyone who can't manage it likely won't survive the game either, they would have stopped playing at another point.

It would be good if it can be improved, but it certainly isn't the end of the world problem like folks are portraying it.

DeletedUser16869

Death spiral might not be the right term. The market for mobile games is expanding so it's likely that the ones that don't address issues won't die off, they'll only fall off relative to where they would be if they had fixed them. I saw 3 different Superbowl ads this year for empire building/defense games so its not like Innogames is lacking for competition. They may never be top dog, but I'd like to see them succeed where they can. Addressing customer requests is the best way to do it. Had they not implemented the Aid system I would have probably left long before I bought any diamonds. So at least they are trying.

Since bad neighborhood merges are the main thing I see people complain about before they quit it seems like an obvious thing to fix. Perhaps hardcore players see it differently, but those aren't the people likely to leave.

Just to give you an idea of how bad the current neighborhood matching system is, the top ranked player in my neighborhood is also 2nd ranked in the world, a Contemporary Age player with 3.2 millions points. The lowest ranked player is ranked 4864th in the world, a High Middle Ages player with a little under 14 thousand points. These people are absolutely nothing alike. There is no deterministic algorithm I can think of that would have put these two people together. They aren't alike in points, Great Buildings, tech level or any other measure.

My current neighborhood has existed for less than two weeks and it's already driven three players to quit. This is why I am saying it is a significant problem they need to address.

DeletedUser16839

it seems to me it's not that big of an issue to classify it as something that would send into a death spiral --- it's an established game with millions of players, players who have already spent months or years on the game they're not likely to leave for a problem which resolves itself after 2 weeks..

Is that the official position of the game? Do I have full permission to copy and paste this quote (in its entirety of course so it will not be taken out of context) and pass it on to interested parties?

When the merge 'that can be improved' (but isn't) happens to me. I just disconnect city hall, collect FPs for 14 days, and come back to see how the next merge worked. Luckily I play on multiple worlds, one of which is usually playable during any given 2 week period. Honestly though, is 'not good' but 'good enough' the standard to which this game now holds itself?

The last thing I wish to do is attack the game or the hosts who tirelessly help make it as good as it is. I much prefer the game worked in the intended manner. If we do not cry out about a problem, is it likely to be fixed?

DeletedUser8152

No, Phantom is speaking for himself here... you can tell because he says "It seems to me..." :)
In any case, the mods are just volunteers, we aren't making any official policies.

DeletedUser3556

When the merge 'that can be improved' (but isn't) happens to me. I just disconnect city hall, collect FPs for 14 days, and come back to see how the next merge worked. Luckily I play on multiple worlds, one of which is usually playable during any given 2 week period. Honestly though, is 'not good' but 'good enough' the standard to which this game now holds itself?
The last thing I wish to do is attack the game or the hosts who tirelessly help make it as good as it is. I much prefer the game worked in the intended manner. If we do not cry out about a problem, is it likely to be fixed?

Players like you are great for a laugh. You get merged into a neighborhood with people more advanced than you and then to spite them because you could/would get plundered for goods, coins, or supplies, you disconnect your towns and shoot yourself in the foot for whatever amount of time until a new merge might put you in another hood where your top dog or same as the pack. Great game plan that one you sure showed them...

DeletedUser6172

I much prefer the game worked in the intended manner. If we do not cry out about a problem, is it likely to be fixed?
"Intended manner"???? The Gospel according to Saint Fernshield?
Let me make sure I understand your point. Everybody is out of step except you?