• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

EQAULITY IN NEIGHBORHOODS!!!!

DeletedUser2145

You're not playing to any schedule, you're selecting the production times yourself so you can plan accordingly and you can even log in once or twice a day and not be plundered at all. If that seems like too much activity for anyone to put in a game, I don't think there's any multiplayer game they can play. Once or twice a week playing is definitely not possible with any multiplayer game that includes attacks of any kind between the players.

DeletedUser10076

On that Dual match making proposal....

Lets be honest about two things.

There is a large group of anti-plunders who will vote for/against anything that restrains/enables plundering, which throws the validity of some proposals out the window.

Also some like myself opposed it for legit reasons(see my commits on the thread)

I wish the current system of the hoods (3-4 age span) worked 100% of the time. But it doesn't. Sometimes I allow the # of complaints i see on the forum to force me into thinking that this is the #1 issue with the game. But you know what? It isn't.

I would put the issues with gvg above the hood issues.
I would put the refined good system above hood issues.
I would put 7 rogue 1 real above hood issues. (along with other glaring AI issues)
And I am still bitter about the HOF debacle.

But when we're complaining and/or offering feedback on issues there is something i think gets lost too often.

This is a flash-based browser game. Not degrading the genre as obviously i have enjoyed myself with this game and others, and will continue to do so. But the next time you see yourself getting worked up about something remember that.

DeletedUser8428

But there ARE players who play only once or twice a week who've settled into a routine that works for them - there are several in my guild. They get plundered, at least on occasion and they understand why that happens. It isn't more important for them to play a game than adjust their schedules, so they simply move forward because they know that attack/plunder is part of the game. They are not flying through the game or racking up tons of ranking points ... and they don't care. That isn't why they play the game.

You know what else? They also don't visit/read or post in the forum. Most people who are relatively content with what they're doing are not coming here to post. How do I know that? 4100 active forum members. 50,000+ players on US Brisgard alone, assume 60% are active and that most other US worlds have similar active percentages (although total number of players on newer worlds will be less) and only a small percentage of players are posters. Something to consider when we want to view what happens here in the forum as representative of what's happening in the game.

DeletedUser

You're not playing to any schedule, you're selecting the production times yourself so you can plan accordingly and you can even log in once or twice a day and not be plundered at all. If that seems like too much activity for anyone to put in a game, I don't think there's any multiplayer game they can play. Once or twice a week playing is definitely not possible with any multiplayer game that includes attacks of any kind between the players.

Sounds like an opportunity.

DeletedUser6172

Make Hay While The Sun Shines

Presumably the attacker is from a higher age.
  • So focus on grabbing all of the higher age blueprints that you can, using Motivate/Polish.
  • Check to see if they have any Great Buildings that you can farm for blueprints.
  • Look to see if the attacker has any manufacturing buildings. Or maybe they'll have enough inventory anyway, if you're a willing trader. They'd need to befriend you, which would also solve the plundering problem.

A wide age spread is NOT necessarily a bad deal - don't ignore the advantages.
I'll tell you once, I'll tell you twice, I'll tell you thrice.
Being one of the top ranked people in your neighborhood REALLY slows down your progress.
Make hay while the sun shines.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3877

Go Cry To Yo Momma

When the merge 'that can be improved' (but isn't) happens to me. I just disconnect city hall, collect FPs for 14 days, and come back to see how the next merge worked. Luckily I play on multiple worlds, one of which is usually playable during any given 2 week period.

If you focused ALL your time on 1 world & gave it 100%, you would not need to shut your city down. You would be the big dog & could kill all your neighbors. Stop being a hypocrite. As soon as you get re-merged to a hood where you are top dog, I'm sure you beat on all your neighbors.

Players like you are great for a laugh. You get merged into a neighborhood with people more advanced than you and then to spite them because you could/would get plundered for goods, coins, or supplies, you disconnect your towns and shoot yourself in the foot for whatever amount of time until a new merge might put you in another hood where your top dog or same as the pack. Great game plan that one you sure showed them...

I seem to be liking all your posts... You and me must think alike.

It continues to amaze me that people get upset when they are attacked and plundered...we have thread after thread on this issue, and yet most that complain fail to follow even the most basic instructions given by other players on how to avoid being plundered. The bottom line is this, every player wants to be the "big-dog" in their neighborhood, and unless we eliminate neighborhoods all together, there will always be someone complaining about how the neighborhoods are structured.

Well said! Even IF they changed the hoods to same age only, you would STILL have "big dogs" & "little dogs" The only fix I can see is to take away hoods from the game then all the WIMPS who CAN NOT collect on time will be happy. That would take away one of the oldest aspect of the game - PvP & Plunder.

To all the people who get plundered:
These are some simple (that means not hard to do) things to try:
#1 TRY to collect ON TIME!! I know it's hard to set your goods buildings for 24 hours & be there when the 24 hours is up, but if you just TRIED this, it just might help.
#2 If your Coins or Supplies are getting plundered you can TRY adding more friends who mo/p. A motivated building can not be plundered.
#3 Build defensive GBs & get Watchfires!!! If your city has a few hundred % defense & 30+ attack, attackers might think twice before attacking.
#4 TRY to improve your defending army (It's NOT really that hard to do)

In conclusion:
Either you chew FoE up OR it chews you up. You can not be a halfhearted player & complain that you get plundered because you left your 2 day goods run out for 3 days after collection (Personal plundering experience). It's either 100% or nothing. IF you REALLY cared, you'd manage your collections instead of sobbing all over the forum that you got plundered.

DeletedUser16869

#3 Build defensive GBs & get Watchfires!!! If your city has a few hundred % defense & 30+ attack, attackers might think twice before attacking.

I want to address that entire rant, but I won't because I feel I've covered most of it in most of my other posts.

However I do want to warn new players against point number 3, which is terrible advice and will cripple your ability to compete with higher-ranked players. As many players have mentioned in other posts, later era units get a number of of bonuses over earlier ones that extend beyond attack and defense stats. At the point you get up to Progressive and start wining campaign battles against 75% boosted Industrial age troops you will realize that earlier era units don't have the range or the movement to complete with later era ones. With just 7 Rapid Fire Cannons and a Tank you can cut through 75% boosted Industrial era armies without losing units, and in many cases without even taking damage. If you waste FP, time and resources on great buildings that boost your defense it's going to make an already bad situation worse. The only real deterrent against getting raided by people with high-tech units is to have some of your own on defense. For that reason the goal of any player getting bullied in their neighborhood should be to tech as quickly as possible to close the gap.

DeletedUser3877

But I do agree that HMA > CE is a bit of a stretch... That should not happen.

DeletedUser3556

The only real deterrent against getting raided by people with high-tech units is to have some of your own on defense. For that reason the goal of any player getting bullied in their neighborhood should be to tech as quickly as possible to close the gap.

Or they could invest the forge points into leveling: Tower of Babel, Lighthouse of Alexandria, St. Marks Basilica, Dresden Frauenkirche, or Royal Albert Hall. All of which provide enough free goods for any player to advance all the way up to the end of the Progressive Era without ever having to build a goods building of their own along with various other useful benefits.

Having high-tech units means nothing at the end of the tech tree as people with high level attack great buildings will still roll over your defenses and even people without could do so if you don't have maxed or high level Deal Castles and/or St. Basils Cathedrals to deter them. The only solution that works 100% of the time is collecting on time. Also just because you get attacked by a player and they plunder you doesn't make them a "bully" this isn't grade school.

But I do agree that HMA > CE is a bit of a stretch... That should not happen.

All the players that just became active again on multiple worlds to try to farm diamonds from the valentines event might have something to do with that, not discounting that it does happen rarely regardless.

DeletedUser16869

All the players that just became active again on multiple worlds to try to farm diamonds from the valentines event might have something to do with that, not discounting that it does happen rarely regardless.

Diamond Farmers getting to HMA during a single event seems like a bit of a stretch. I tried that for the Winter Event and my towns were barely to Iron Age by the end of it. In fact, diamond farming from the winter event quests was easier because I was in the Bronze Age for most of it, and the towns are gone now because I haven't played them in a month.

I believe that all of the HMA players in my new neighborhood are/were real primary players, and since I haven't heard back from any of them concerning how they felt about being in a neighborhood with Contemporary players I think they might have all quit. In my previous guild I kept hearing players say how they couldn't produce goods anymore because they kept getting stolen by tanks, and then they quit altogether. So it certainly isn't helping player retention. I think most people who are negatively affected by this won't write on the forums or call support, they'll just quit. Even if you have a workaround for a poorly merged neighborhood (my workaround was using 24 hour production cycles for goods, rather than 8|8|4 like I had been doing) it doesn't mean that everyone does. People who enjoy playing casually and collecting 5-15 minutes after their buildings finish producing goods will not enjoy playing on a strict schedule and will wonder why they have to deal with tanks when they are still in the middle ages.

DeletedUser3877

I believe that all of the HMA players in my new neighborhood are/were real primary players, and since I haven't heard back from any of them concerning how they felt about being in a neighborhood with Contemporary players I think they might have all quit.

Notice the word think. You don't know for sure. I have written to people on my friends list (that I know are active because they aid me every day) & in some cases it takes weeks to get a reply... Some people just get on, research, collect, & maybe do a quick trade. That's NOT playing!!! That's just existing.

DeletedUser8152

Anyone who stops playing entirely will disappear from your hood after a week.

DeletedUser3556

In my previous guild I kept hearing players say how they couldn't produce goods anymore because they kept getting stolen by tanks, and then they quit altogether. So it certainly isn't helping player retention. I think most people who are negatively affected by this won't write on the forums or call support, they'll just quit. People who enjoy playing casually and collecting 5-15 minutes after their buildings finish producing goods will not enjoy playing on a strict schedule and will wonder why they have to deal with tanks when they are still in the middle ages.

The difference between people who get plundered and leave the game and those who stay is the ones that stay don't dwell on why they were plundered by any type of unit, they say " I got it to slow", suck it up, and move on with the game. Tanks don't steal goods, players that win battles in neighborhood PvP plunder goods and if the guy with the tank was able to plunder it then so could anyone else that bothered to take out the defending army. Assigning some sort of "not fair" hes too far advanced blame into the equation is just defecting from the I was too slow collecting my productons truth of the situation. Its easier to make excuses than face facts.

DeletedUser16869

Anyone who stops playing entirely will disappear from your hood after a week.

I know, that's how I know 4 people have already stopped playing entirely. I suspect there will be more official dropouts soon due to lack of email response from anyone LMA or lower. We'll know for certain by the end of the week.

The point I'm trying to make is that if a single bad neighborhood merge can lose 5% of the neighborhood in a week, wouldn't that be bad enough to be considered a significant issue? HMA is already pretty far along, I think those players would have to have been playing for at least a month. And now they aren't. Wouldn't it be in InnoGames best interest to fix this to prevent future players from dropping out?

DeletedUser2145

This issue don't happen all the time and for all players, it happens to a relatively very low number of unfortunate players (from the whole player base) and out of those most make it past those 2 weeks, or they leave and come back after those 2 weeks, or they start playing on another world in the meantime. So, no, I don't think it's that bad that Inno loses a significant number of players.

HMA is not that far along either, the first three ages take a few weeks at most --- for a game that takes over a year to "complete" that's nothing. If someone stops playing altogether that early and for that single reason, as I've mentioned before, that player was long gone anyway. It means they didn't really love the game, they just found it okay, and if they didn't quit then they would have quit a week later because of something else. They can't keep every player who joins the game no matter what they do (even if they handed out 5000 free diamonds per month some players just wouldn't like the game).

It's more essential t fix issues hurting long time players, because losing someone who has been active for a year or two, or who has poured hundreds and hundreds of dollars to the game, is far more damaging than losing a player who was just starting out and who may quit due to many other reasons anyway. Or at least that's how I see the whole thing (read: while the issue may be important to some, there are far more harmful issues they should focus on first).

DeletedUser6172

I'll be contrary. Having a nice spread of ages, and especially so for the lower ages, provides access to blueprints and a greater variety of trade goods. This is HUGELY important if you're trying to advance rapidly.

Regardless of all the Sound and Fury, being attacked causes your city no harm whatever, and being plundered is a minor inconvenience, at worst.

DeletedUser8152

Well, for myself I didn't much like being in a hood with people way in advance of me.

DeletedUser16869

I'll be contrary. Having a nice spread of ages, and especially so for the lower ages, provides access to blueprints and a greater variety of trade goods. This is HUGELY important if you're trying to advance rapidly.

Regardless of all the Sound and Fury, being attacked causes your city no harm whatever, and being plundered is a minor inconvenience, at worst.

Why do you keep saying this? The blueprints that you need are all going to be within 1 era of your current era. Getting blueprints for Cape Canaveral when you're in LMA, for example, does nothing to advance your progress until the reach the era when you can build it. Same with goods. You are trading for goods from your current era, and for goods from previous eras because it is more efficient to produce at higher eras and trade down. In addition, over 90% of the trades in this game are guild based anyway, which doesn't factor in your neighborhood. In neither goods nor BPs does it benefit you to be in a neighborhood with players far advanced from you. Particularly when the higher era players attack you instead of motivating and polishing. Regardless of whether an advanced person actually gets anything in plunder you lose out the aid you would be getting from a balanced neighborhood.

DeletedUser6172

Why do you keep saying this? The blueprints that you need are all going to be within 1 era of your current era.
  • You need to accumulate NINE blueprints unless you are willing to spend 200 diamonds per blueprint. That can take a while.
  • The folks who are two ages ahead of you NEED the unrefined goods, and they're usually quite happy to trade, rather than tying up space in their own city. Or just because they want to flatten out their inventory so that they can clear whatever is needed.
I've always advanced rather quickly, and I'm PAINFULLY aware of how difficult it is to break trail when you're always one of the top few folks in your Guild, Friends List, and Neighborhood. On the other hand, I'm seldom attacked and rarely plundered, so it's not even an issue for me.

The folks in the bottom half of any grouping are going to be more vulnerable to attack, but they'll ALSO have the advantage of access to the blueprints and trade goods that they need for advancement.

DeletedUser16739

Regardless of whether an advanced person actually gets anything in plunder you lose out the aid you would be getting from a balanced neighborhood.

What would make those in a balanced neighborhood want to aid instead of plunder??