• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Update 1.61

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser16068

My main questions.. (1) did they fix the messed up double-blinking bug, (2) are we going to be able to clearly see which message threads have NEW content, (3) and can we sort the message thread? (for example, by most-recent post or by with-new-messages)
1) No 2) Yes 3) being able to sort would be a good idea

DeletedUser16796

Well at first I just hated the new messaging system,.. now I no longer hate it, it would be a waste of time,.. I just simply don't use it and getting closer to leaving forge of empires

I think in the end there will be a lot of,.... "xxxxx" has left the game

DeletedUser14476

very simple solution to this whole thing.
#1 ADD A DELETE BUTTON
#2 STOP THE LEAVE OPTION FROM BUMPING THE THREAD

all the other issues are a pai, but id get used to them, and im sure im not alone

DeletedUser16068

First, I am sorry to have to say this, I know how much work and effort and time goes into these types of changes. But I do have to say that the new messaging system is just plain awful. It's only been a few minutes and I am already completely sick of it. I had heard rumors from people in beta but chose to withhold judgement until I saw it for myself. They were right. These changes will cost you users. Please be prepared to back it out quickly once the feedback rolls in.
Me Too
Way Too Many Changes If it wasn't broken, Why was it fixed !?

- - - Updated - - -

This new messaging is terrible.

Its hard to see what is what......and I need to be able to see messages clearly in order to run the guild properly.

Whoever thought this was an improvement?

Im afraid that if it doesnt revert back, then it might be time for me to leave the game.......

Absolutely dreadful!!!

Oh my goodness.....I cant even find personal messages....everything shows as a Group Message.
So when I send out personal guild messages, members cant see its from me easily.

It was hard enough to get people to answer messages before.....now they cant even see if they have any.

What a complete mess up!!!!!

As much as I hate to agree with Ruby, I totally agree with Ruby !!! What a complete mess up !!!

DeletedUser16068

generates monumental spam
very poor message management capability
this is a game not a social media platform... leave that role to Facebook
massive incentive for Guild leaders to migrate to private voice channels
very poorly done Inno, far below your usual standards. Very disappointing.

Sorry - That needed to be resaid. Very poorly done Inno

DeletedUser16068

Ignore my previous comment about being able to just remove people from group threads if they ask (I am a Founder so thought I had rights to remove people) ... I have just noticed that you can only remove yourself which is the same as leaving convo .... arrrggghhhh! And the list looked so useful at first!!! BLAH
That is something that should be added and may be in next update
For now removal of oneself should be done through the "Group List" by a dimming (not complete removal)
as removal by founder (or addition) is to be done through Group List

qaccy

This new messaging is terrible.

Its hard to see what is what......and I need to be able to see messages clearly in order to run the guild properly.

Whoever thought this was an improvement?

Im afraid that if it doesnt revert back, then it might be time for me to leave the game.......

Absolutely dreadful!!!

Oh my goodness.....I cant even find personal messages....everything shows as a Group Message.
So when I send out personal guild messages, members cant see its from me easily.

It was hard enough to get people to answer messages before.....now they cant even see if they have any.

What a complete mess up!!!!!

Messages can be clearly seen. Personal messages still show the other player's avatar if you sent them AFTER the new system went live (the devs stated that all 1:1 messages from before the change would be given the group icon, this should be no surprise to anybody). I've sent 1:1 mails since the update and it still clearly shows who I'm talking to, no group icon.

If you don't want to be spammed with the leaving notifications, leave the messages yourself. Otherwise, it isn't too hard to deal with. I'd much rather have that than being unable to leave a thread, or just having them disappear completely with no reason (which happened incredibly often with the old system).

Most of the 'complaints' I've been seeing here are just contrived, hyperbolic whining about how the world is apparently ending and 'I'm going to throw a hissy fit like a 5-year-old until I get what I want'. The new system isn't perfect, but it's a definite improvement over the old one:

-More messages visible per page
-Replying to a thread no longer causes other threads to randomly disappear
-It's now possible to leave a thread, which I see as an improvement over having to delete a thread you're not interested in multiple times a day. Why would you want to see replies to a thread you don't care about keeping in your inbox? This part really baffles me. Just keep it in your inbox if you're interested in what people are saying.

People are just glossing over these improvements though because they dislike change. People complained about the aid button when it was added too, imagine that...let's just whine every time Inno adds something to the game because we're obviously all game developers and know better than they do!

PaHe

I really feel sorry for Beta players who play that world to help make game better for us in other worlds. FOE knew this was a bust from Beta feedback, but decided to implement it to attract phone and tablet players. The persons who tried to program this system could not have any clue as to how guilds actually use message system. They do not seem to be well versed in how efficient old system worked in threads, message topics, use of delete, GB donations, GVG preparation, and trade posts. The Leave feature not only was placed in a way that made it hard for novice players to locate, it prohibits players from ever accessing threads once they leave, posts numerous new messages that are irrelevant and distracting. You are about to lose money from those will boycott purchases until system is replaced and players who will give up on game because of this system. You may not care about players who leave, but the guilds they belong to will suffer and will never recover what has been lost.
You MUST (this is not a proposal just a statement of fact) re-implement old system - Apologize to Beta players AS A GROUP - all players as a whole - and go to BETA with changes proposed by those players - implement the system - fix the bugs - and be professional enough toadmit you made a mistake

amg777

qaccy;85628 -It's now possible to leave a thread said:
I have no problem with the addition of a leave ability (although not one which fills my inboxes with messages). What I cannot understand is why they also removed the delete ability. I can only speak for myself and the members of my 2 large guilds: there are many reasons why we want to remove a message from our inbox -- keeping the most active, important threads near the top -- but want to be able to see a new post. Think about your personal or work email: if you delete something from your inbox, but someone else sends a new email you get it back. Why shouldn't this work the same, if you want it to?

PaHe

I really feel sorry for Beta players who play that world to help make game better for us in other worlds. FOE knew this was a bust from Beta feedback, but decided to implement it to attract phone and tablet players. The persons who tried to program this system could not have any clue as to how guilds actually use message system. They do not seem to be well versed in how efficient old system worked in threads, message topics, use of delete, GB donations, GVG preparation, and trade posts. The Leave feature not only was placed in a way that made it hard for novice players to locate, it prohibits players from ever accessing threads once they leave, posts numerous new messages that are irrelevant and distracting. You are about to lose money from those will boycott purchases until system is replaced and players who will give up on game because of this system. You may not care about players who leave, but the guilds they belong to will suffer and will never recover what has been lost.
You MUST (this is not a proposal just a statement of fact) re-implement old system - Apologize to Beta players AS A GROUP - all players as a whole - and go to BETA with changes proposed by those players - implement the system - fix the bugs - and be professional enough toadmit you made a mistake

DeletedUser11609

Messages can be clearly seen. Personal messages still show the other player's avatar if you sent them AFTER the new system went live (the devs stated that all 1:1 messages from before the change would be given the group icon, this should be no surprise to anybody). I've sent 1:1 mails since the update and it still clearly shows who I'm talking to, no group icon.

If you don't want to be spammed with the leaving notifications, leave the messages yourself. Otherwise, it isn't too hard to deal with. I'd much rather have that than being unable to leave a thread, or just having them disappear completely with no reason (which happened incredibly often with the old system).

Most of the 'complaints' I've been seeing here are just contrived, hyperbolic whining about how the world is apparently ending and 'I'm going to throw a hissy fit like a 5-year-old until I get what I want'. The new system isn't perfect, but it's a definite improvement over the old one:

-It's now possible to leave a thread, which I see as an improvement over having to delete a thread you're not interested in multiple times a day. Why would you want to see replies to a thread you don't care about keeping in your inbox? This part really baffles me. Just keep it in your inbox if you're interested in what people are saying.

People are just glossing over these improvements though because they dislike change. People complained about the aid button when it was added too, imagine that...let's just whine every time Inno adds something to the game because we're obviously all game developers and know better than they do!

How much are they paying you to defend them?

Go try World of Warships, free to play, and it's 1000 times more polished than any single part of this game.
Inno does not care about customer feedback, they've proven it over and over. Apparently they are able to addict enough people with money, that they stay in business, and have people like you defend this incredibly sloppy work.
You know they have a beta server here right? Yet no matter how bad the testing goes, we get it anyway......:hmph:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Inno should really listen to the people that pay their bills. The mobile chat has been needed. The way it screwed everything else up is not worth it. Used to take a couple of minutes to go through mail. Now it takes 30 minutes to delete all the crap from people "leaving" old messages.

DeletedUser9732

That depends on what you mean by clearly - the font/background is the same terrible scheme from the quest redesign that can be very difficult for some to read. The message icon blinking is still broken. And, while the avatar is still perfectly visible, they shrunk the player name and tossed it on the other side of the message for maximum un-readability. I do concede your group vs. 1:1 message point.

Except with how it is hard to deal with - constant old messages tossed to the top of the unread message pile ( which you can only remove by becoming part of the spam problem ), coupled with people leaving threads that I would actually like to stay part of leaves the whole bunch a mess.

Most of the 'complaints' I've been seeing here are just contrived, hyperbolic whining about how the world is apparently ending and 'I'm going to throw a hissy fit like a 5-year-old until I get what I want'.

Yes, your ad hominem attacks and better-than-thou stance are so much more mature.

The new system isn't perfect, but it's a definite improvement over the old one:

More messages and not having to reload constantly to find missing messages are both improvements yes. Leaving a thread is currently half useful, half a spam producer. They need to fix the spam issue and add back the delete option to sort that bit out.

One reason they're focusing on the bad is that Inno pushed it out from beta despite the warning that there were significant issues, without fixing anything. They even have admitted that things need fixing ( allegedly some fixes coming next update ), but instead of holding off on the update until the bugs were fixed they pushed out a broken version. You don't have to be a dev to know how wrong that is.

Oh, and the aid button still isn't perfect either, it effectively made decos a liability, and being able to aid someone when there is nothing to M/P is screwed up. It is convenient though.

DeletedUser2802

I suppose the next step will be to screw up the chat function.

DeletedUser10789

Hello All,
I do believe there is a fundamental breakdown of communication within "the game", INNO and the Developers. It is crystal clear that this NEW MAIL System is flawed. While we can all agree that progress is good and the way in which most game enhancements have been good for the game, there are several that have hurt "the players" and a majority of "the players". While it is great we all have a chance to voice our own opinions and feedback, I also feel it is crystal clear from all the feedback that this NEW MAIL System is NOT a good addition to the game. The players on Beta spoke up and took the time to voice the issues and problems associated with this New Mail System, YET "the game" and INNO decided to bring out this Update in 1.61. WHY.?

This New Mail System leaves so much to be desired and with much tweaking. It was clear that "the game" and INNO knew all about this and stated it would NOT release this New Mail System UNTIL tweaks and revisions would take place. Again, what happened.? Did "the game" and INNO decide that they were releasing it anyway or that once it was out, they would tweak it.? As an intelligent person, I find it insulting that with all the feedback that "the game" asks for and there own admission and words of updates and tweaking being needed, to ONLY release it anyway really makes me question what is going on within "the game", INNO and Management.

"The Game" asks for feedback and ways in which to improve the quality of game play and as such, you ("the game") have received a lot of this feedback that you ask for. Why do you decide to ignore the feedback, that you request and go ahead with a flawed system anyway.? Is it the intention of "the game" to have the players of this game do all the work for you and have your developers sit back and wait for this feedback in order to make these changes.? It is sad and this is why you have Developers to begin with. They are the ones who are meant and are getting paid to make these necessary changes. Allow them and have them make the proper changes before "the game" decides to just release any updates that are JUST NOT READY to be implemented. This New Mail System, NEEDS to be fixed badly.

For those who do not know, in order for us to really have something done, someone needs to post up a formal proposal and submit it in proper form. After reading all of this, I have decided to do just that. Many of these posts and threads do NOT address a formal proposal and the need to have this New Mail System or Update 1.61 retracted. The way I see it is this way. INNO and "the game" did mess up and put out this UPDATE without properly tweaking it and making it better and worth having. Why bother putting it on Beta and having all the feedback to only release it anyway. This is NOW the second time "the game" and INNO has MESSED up and have your players hurt in the process. This is wrong on so many levels.

The Solution is simple, remove the Update 1.61, then take your New Mail System, back to BETA and tweak it. LISTEN to the feedback provided by all those here and all of those in Beta and MAKE IT GREAT. Have your developers do their jobs and earn their money by actually taking the time to read the feedback and tweak the New Mail System. For now, there are many solutions to this problem, YET, the first step is to remove the Update 1.61 then take this New Mail System back to BETA and tweak it. SIMPLE. We all know progress is good and thank you to "the game" for trying to give us improvements. FIRST STEP, listen to your players and actually think about the things they say, before forcing updates that STINK. This is now twice you have HURT the integrity of the game and have frustrated your "players". Do the right thing, PLEASE.

For those who want your own ideas in a proposal, please look at mine and copy and paste the format. According to the Mods here, that is the proper and correct way to submit it. Mine is NOT perfect, mine only asks the game to remove this update, so they can take it back to BETA and really make it great. They can if they want the developers to actually do their jobs and do what is right for "the players" of the game.

Any and all opinions on this is great. If you like something about it, say it. If you don't like it at all, say that as well. I believe over 20 pages already shows and says a lot, but that is just my opinion.

DeletedUser10131

Congrats you have solved the email problem. Now there is almost no new email in my guild except 1 or 2 a day now. Communication has completely broken down. No use playing now until you fix your EPIC screw up

DeletedUser2355

shawnisit

Just ridiculous! Nothing but constant spamming of people leaving. Raising GBs from stix are not getting help, Messages needing help on GvG maps cant be seen. This is horrible and I can only hope that it is fixed as quickly as the last major game fail that was the messed up reset time. Step it up InnoNo. Worse game fix since the reset and even more negative feed back.

DeletedUser7957

This new message systems really sucks, it's the worse message system I have ever seen. I mean who really wants to go through tons of pages that just say who left what conversation, another thing, since this message system has been changed to this new one I don't even know anymore when I get a message, the only time the message icon blinks is when I first logon, the rest of the time I have to keep checking just to see if there is a new message. Please fix this screwed up message system ASAP.