• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Update 1.61

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

garazon

Thank you Inno for taking nearly all the enjoyment out this game for me. :( I dropped out of 10 guilds a couple of weeks ago due to a vision problem preventing me from being online as much as I used to be, Now this morning i am having to wade through too many messages to try and find the one or two that are important to me in the guilds where i am still a member/founder. This problem (x has left the conversation) is going to make me drop a few more, and though I have spent money inthe past, I will NOT in the future, ridiculous. smdh

DeletedUser15042

Its great that I can leave a conversation, but why do I need to know who left the conversation?

DeletedUser10415

I'm in the #3 guild over on D world, it's plenty active for us as well. This new message system is nowhere near as bad as the echo chamber here would want folks like me to believe.

I've re-invited myself to the conversation to say two things. First, I've got you beat in the special snowflake club on D, being in the #1 guild, so :razz:

Second, I hate the new messaging system. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. All the guilds I was participating in were message intensive. Note the past tense here, Inno. I have left all guilds on all but my primary server, which is only tolerable because I am at present in my guild's ghost, which has few members and even fewer messages. I am not playing my secondary worlds until this is resolved. If it is never resolved, I will say goodbye to FoE and Inno. I cannot spend my life cleaning out my inbox. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10517

OMG!!!

And Now the worst thing...........the GB Club, which I have been running for MONTHS.....I can no longer run because when I write the figure on the post, I get a message saying "POST IS TOO LONG"!!!!!!!!!!! Why is it too long all of a sudden???? Ive spent the best part of an hour writing them out, only now I cant post them??????

Ive had to split the post into 5 separate posts.....which splits up the scores and causes me more work.
Absolutely ridiculous!!!

This is absolutely the last straw!!

DeletedUser9732

If this topic functioned like the new message system, it would be twice as long with all the 'xxx has left the conversation' notes.
It takes forever to sort out what is actually a new message now.

I'm gong to re-iterate what other have said - it is insulting that they released it with so many known issues. If something is this broken, you do bug fixes in beta and get it working there first. That's what beta is for. I wonder how many weeks we'll be stuck with this before they fix even some of the issues on the live servers.

Also, don't think for a minute that this has made us forget that we still don't have a second TE GB.

DeletedUser9732

I've re-invited myself to the conversation to say two things.

Hang on a second, you can't do that yet. Hell, that feature may not be even end up included. On the other hand, we've already established that rushing out 'features' is more important to Inno that fixing bugs.

DeletedUser23454

If my girlfriend implemented your new messaging system, I would leave her.

Czari

The point I want to make is that I typically play for about 3-4 hours in the evening. I was so frustrated by the crap being fed to us that I turned off the game after about 30 minutes. I'm not going to waste my time sifting through useless spam, to find actual messages and this is the perfect way to push players like me out of the game!

Same here except I'm home most of the day, have 4 worlds and, before this fiasco, played for many hours a day. Due to barely being able to read the fine print in the messages (and this is not whining - even wearing computer glasses with corrective lens for my vision just a few minutes looking at the messages makes my eyes burn), now I don't even want to open the message box. Part of the fun of FoE for me was the guild messages since our guild does not use guild chat and the 1 to 1 conversations. Today I just collected my goods, posted what I needed to as a guild leader in one of the worlds and left.

Can anyone suggest another game?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Inno for taking nearly all the enjoyment out this game for me. :( I dropped out of 10 guilds a couple of weeks ago due to a vision problem preventing me from being online as much as I used to be, Now this morning i am having to wade through too many messages to try and find the one or two that are important to me in the guilds where i am still a member/founder. This problem (x has left the conversation) is going to make me drop a few more, and though I have spent money inthe past, I will NOT in the future, ridiculous. smdh

Hi garazon!!! :) You and I spoke about the vision issue. Now just reading messages in ONE world is worse than when I had 6 and cut back as well. Good to see you!!

Falconfury

the new message system is really a joke - it is dysfunctional, not intuitive, and very clumsy to use. if this is the level of expertise possessed by the it gurus it may be time to begin looking for another game. I truly enjoy FOE but some of the recent operational decisions leave me underwhelmed. Thanks

DeletedUser14885

I dont care who,what, where n when or why this "MISTAKE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS" has to do with mobile messaging.................all I know is that its got to go back to the way it was on my home network or.... IM GONE. I already spend to much time on this game and this IS the proverbial "straw".

Shameful enough how something this God awful ever made it through beta but the fact u havent reverted it back yet is complete BS and screams Volumes about what you as company thinks about their customers. It could already be argued that this brand has already outlived its shelf life....if you were lookin for the nail in the coffin then this update was a smashing success.

Unflipn believable how anyone thought for even a second this was a good move.....dont fix it....SCRAP IT! Ive been around long enough to see some of the biggest APP FAILS of all time ....some of which crippled the Apps and their companies....this is right up there with many of them. Maybe you guys and gals are looking to be UNemployed...Ive no idea......but this is bad....very very very bad.

Am I being to harsh? GOOD! I waded through all your stupid notices for a month that didnt say a word about how this would Fup the home game and now this? I didnt bother coming to the forums right away because I thought for sure you guys would immediately recognize the mistake. The fact its lasted this long despite the customer backlash is mind boggling

DeletedUser16068

After the 1st day of 1.61, the new system makes it very hard to navigate to the messages I need.
I want to log on and play Forge of Empires, and quickly go through a few messages with ease. I dont want to play 20 minutes of the 'inbox sorting and leaving conversations' (because that game isnt fun at all). Between my 4 inboxs on average there's 125 pages, whereas yesterday I had 3-10. There needs to be a better way.

My suggestions is: go back to the old way for now, and get immediately to the drawing board for a solution, at least for browser version. When someone leaves a conversation, that message should remain organized by date of last reply. The fact that it behaves like a new message (to top) needs to be fixed.

Could not have said it better so copied and resent -- Needs To Be Fixed

- - - Updated - - -

Despite multiple requests on Beta to provide a Delete feature, it appears that request has been ignored and players must use the Leave function if they want to delete a message. This has caused tremendous havoc and issues in our Beta guild and will be a disaster in production. Why do you have a beta site if the feedback is ignored?
Yes why do you have a Beta site if the feedback is ignored?
Same thing happened with the quest window and it is Still "Bright White" and "Large"

DeletedUser2892

Suggestions:

Reduce the number of clicks to leave a message.

Return the ability to cut and paste a player's name from a message. Some names are long, some can not be read easily ( GiiilllLO_ijiJ0 ) and other problems when trying to use a players name. I cut and paste names to look up rankings, add a players name to a text body, create a group message by going to my friends avatars and clicking on the envelope to cut and paste their names.

DeletedUser16068

Apparently 25 pages is the minimum for Inno to pay attention, beta didn't quite make it.
This is a half-finished fix to finally get messaging to mobile, which has been badly needed, but putting it out in such a manner isn't very impressive.
This being done for mobile messaging !? No One will be able to read the Player Names on a mobile phone! Can barely read them on Laptop screen!

TroyEdward

This has to be the worst INNO-vation to the game yet.

It is a clumsy interface, and quite frankly, I could not care less WHO leaves a conversation - much less that it will bother me with the blinking "new" message indicator EVERY time someone deletes.

DeletedUser15276

suck suck sucks
just like we told em in beta and were ignored

DeletedUser9184

This being done for mobile messaging !? No One will be able to read the Player Names on a mobile phone! Can barely read them on Laptop screen!
Ironically, I can read them better on the phone that my laptop :p

DeletedUser16068

Head over to the EN forums. This disaster went live to the EN servers October 1st. Less than 24 hours later and they already have 8 pages of negative feedback. My favorite thus far:

"I... must admit I'm amazed. The old message system was so awful, it takes true talent to create an even worse system."
I love IT - True Talent

Hallan

The devs have said that update 1.62 will tackle some of the most reported issues that the new system seems to have. So there is perhaps some room to hope.

Please... stop. For Guilds that are looking for permanent solutions, part of the answer may be to look at out-of-game voice channels and email. INNO: this is a game, not a social media platform. The message system is fail.