• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Martin Luther King event - Feedback

DeletedUser8420

Yes, you will have gotten whatever the reward was for that Quest. Its just that the new Quest windows sometimes jump ahead and dont let us manually click OK to collect the reward.
thanks much thought so but it was so quick didn't see where anything was added anywhere

DeletedUser9393

I appreciate the promotional events but in the current one, I cannot accomplish an event because I did it prior to the event. On the second or third quest you need to infiltrate and I have already infiltrated all available sections. Is there any way I can continue? Sorry if this is a newbie questions
If you have completed the Future Era map, no problem, quest will auto complete.
If not, you need to acquire the current province, scout another and infiltrate.

DeletedUser8420

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."
-Karl Popper
considering the definition of tolerance is
the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with:

Therefore according to the above quote the suppose tolerant are actually intolerant and are, as someone accused me of, ...a hypocrite.

DeletedUser16397

extremely disapointed.
If you partake in this event you are gaurenteed to loose.
all the crappy coin and supply you win wont even cover a fraction of what you are required to spend on buildings let alone replacing what you have to rip down. you might win 5 goods you say? after negotiating 3 sectors you will be spending 10 times the amount of goods you might win.
all for what? A king? NO THANKS!!!!!!!
the concept is good, the fact we have to take a loss to participate is disapointing.

*Arturis*

If you have completed the Future Era map, no problem, quest will auto complete.
If not, you need to acquire the current province, scout another and infiltrate.
The quest is bug, auto completed won't give you any prizes, it just skipped to the next quest.

DeletedUser

I honestly don't understand why people are even debating about this. I don't know if people have noticed, yet a lot of the celebrity avatars offered up in this game have been of people that advocated peace, love, respect, unity and equality. Other avatars offered during events that I have noticed were Bruce Lee & Bob Marley. Sure, MLK gets his own featured event to go along with his avatar, yet I don't understand why anyone would have an issue with celebrating an event that promotes peace, love, respect, unity and equality; that is just bewildering to me.

I for one and surprised, happy and grateful of FoE putting this event together. Thank you.

DeletedUser17584

"yet I don't understand why anyone would have an issue with celebrating an event that promotes peace, love, respect, unity and equality"

I agree OnyxX, MLK should be celebrated for his accomplishments and methods.
The problem for me is that this event is left-leaning so far that it becomes a fairy tale.

Myself, I'm done with this quest and will participate in FoE only enough to satisfy my guild responsibilities.

John

DeletedUser1771

Bigotry solves nothing.
Let make America Great again by telling 1pep, goodfriends606, vettejb and Donald Trump to:
GO TO HELL !!!
not going to Hell but the black on black violence in Chicago may count me as collateral damage. 2 Sundays ago got caught in crossfire of such...so Tiger until you walk in my shoes don't judge....Ijust want walk out my door w/o being injured or killed.. just saying...

DeletedUser

the fact we have to take a loss to participate is disapointing
You do realize that all events usually require you to spend greatly to acquire the final gift; technically they are all setup for you to take a loss. It's the cost of gaining new items. :)

DeletedUser14276

The artwork is nice, the idea of an event for this holiday is sensible, & admirable, despite people's stupid opinions on political matters, which I wish had been given it's own thread.

The event itself? I think I'm bailing after quest 5. The expendature is not worth the payoff. I'm not blowing tons of goods on research, sectors & a province right now. I'm in modern age, & I'm building GBs. Do the rewards get any better after quest 4 or 5?

Come up with better incentives to play. Renovation packs come to mind, or maybe diamonds, or big fat medal packs

DeletedUser

The game is an escape from the real world
I do understand that for you playing this game is an escape from the real world as you put it. Though, keep in mind, this is a game which does exist within the real world and was created by and maintained by real people in this real world, so there never is truly an escape from reality. It's just a game which is updated by people who are affected by the world around them and this game is the result of how that world has shaped them and their talents.

DeletedUser24389

extremely disapointed.
If you partake in this event you are gaurenteed to loose.
all the crappy coin and supply you win wont even cover a fraction of what you are required to spend on buildings let alone replacing what you have to rip down. you might win 5 goods you say? after negotiating 3 sectors you will be spending 10 times the amount of goods you might win.
all for what? A king? NO THANKS!!!!!!!
the concept is good, the fact we have to take a loss to participate is disapointing.
Face it. That's their purpose with this and any special event. It's to cause expenditure of your coin or supplies and ultimately sell diamonds.
Move forward with your game and do NOT tear anything down. It may take longer (they prey on the impatient) but you can play without allowing them to get into your pocket book.

DeletedUser24389

I honestly don't understand why people are even debating about this. I don't know if people have noticed, yet a lot of the celebrity avatars offered up in this game have been of people that advocated peace, love, respect, unity and equality. Other avatars offered during events that I have noticed were Bruce Lee & Bob Marley. Sure, MLK gets his own featured event to go along with his avatar, yet I don't understand why anyone would have an issue with celebrating an event that promotes peace, love, respect, unity and equality; that is just bewildering to me.

I for one and surprised, happy and grateful of FoE putting this event together. Thank you.
Yes, that makes perfect sense in a game that is all about attack and conquest. Duh!

DeletedUser24389

I do understand that for you playing this game is an escape from the real world as you put it. Though, keep in mind, this is a game which does exist within the real world and was created by and maintained by real people in this real world, so there never is truly an escape from reality. It's just a game which is updated by people who are affected by the world around them and this game is the result of how that world has shaped them and their talents.
Most convoluted BS I've read so far.

DeletedUser24389

OK, it's kinda racist from the start. After the first quest you give a reward of "rope" ? Brings lynching to mind. Then the next quest is to build residential housing? Is that like projects? Then they ask for infiltration. By definition, sneaky and aggressive. smh.
My REAL problem is they say it's a random reward. Really? I'm playing in 4 worlds and the first reward in all 4 of them was, 5 rope. Just finished the second quest in a world and again, 5 rope. The players may not know what the reward will be but. the staff has rigged the rewards process.
Totally disingenuous. Nothing truly random about the rewards. :(

DeletedUser13552

So what is so left-leaning about celebrating the cause for peace, love, respect, unity, equality and civil liberties?

I must be missing something here because it's hard for me to understand how this event slants left. The modern day extreme Left is about as anti-Christian as you can get, and Martin Luther King was a Christian minister, for heavens sake. I don't know that he ever expounded on social issues like abortion or gay marriage, but it can certainly be argued that his Christianity would have made him at least reluctant to support such causes. I invite you to read his "Letter from Birmingham Jail," where he discusses how mankind has been able to commit crimes against humanity. The first step, says King, on that horrible trail is the decision to view the "other" (Jew, Black, American Indian, etc) as "less than human." Once that "bridge" has been crossed, it becomes increasingly easier to mistreat, abuse, and even murder fellow human beings, exactly because we have eliminated their humanity. It's pretty easy to take King's argument there, which he applied to the mistreatment of African-Americans, and extrapolate that argument to abortion. King, in my opinion, would readily understand how we have come to tolerate and even support abortion -- it's because we have already taken that initial, crucial step of viewing the fetus as less than human.

DeletedUser13552

Could someone please clarify when this event ends? I've seen two different dates from FoE -- Jan 16 and Jan 19.

DeletedUser8420

The quest is bug, auto completed won't give you any prizes, it just skipped to the next quest.
actually I completed the map and tech tree so certain quests auto complete and yes I got the prizes from the auto completes just sometimes it happens a bit fast and if you aren't watching you don't see it but yes you will get the rewards.