• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Gifting

DeletedUser24678

Why did you (FoE makers) disable gifting, it would be nice to take useless gifts and give them to people who need them more. Was it mis-used? Did you all just fail to see the point. I think several people on FoE agree with me, some people just have frame houses that they don't want to get rid of sitting in their inventory, when they are about Industrial Age! Please re-enable it unless you guys can give a valid reason why it was disabled. With a little extra programming you could probably update it so that the pieces can only be exchanged to someone only up to an age below depending on the age of the item itself.:confused:

DeletedUser15042

It was never enabled in the first place. It has always been something INNO said they were getting around to implementing, but never have.

DeletedUser8152

Also, my understanding is that is was never intended for gifts between players, which raise all kinds of abuse concerns. It was for some kind of gift from the game to you.

DeletedUser24678

Also, my understanding is that is was never intended for gifts between players, which raise all kinds of abuse concerns. It was for some kind of gift from the game to you.
Gift from the game to you? What does that mean?

DeletedUser15042

When was that from. I have been around for awhile and never knew about that?

DeletedUser3679

When was that from. I have been around for awhile and never knew about that?

Hard to remember, maybe 2 to 2 1/2 years ago. I think it might have been some sort of celebration when INNO won an award or something. There never was a use for these items, other then to look at them.

DeletedUser9433

Didn't our Golden Ticket allowing for one increase in level (was it defensive or offensive GB's?, I forget) show up in the gifts tab?

DeletedUser23123

Quite frankly. I think the Gift tab should be use to store stuff in inventory that you'll never use. Like, Color Guard camps, fancy decos and Drummer Schools. It will take the load out of the main inventory.

Algona

Quite frankly. I think the Gift tab should be use to store stuff in inventory that you'll never use. Like, Color Guard camps, fancy decos and Drummer Schools. It will take the load out of the main inventory.

Write it up and I'll vote yes.

amg777

On occasion, someone from Inno has been in global with a trivia contest, and awarded prizes to the first to answer. I've never been the winner, but if I recall correctly, a guildmate once did win, and the prize was in his "gift" inventory.

DeletedUser

First of all it's called "GIFT GIVING" - NOT "Gifting"! Jerry Seinfeld is an a asshole. and a moron! He's the one responsible for introducing this horrible misnomer. These days there are more, and more idiots coming up with the most idiotic terms, and euphemisms for things because they're too lazy to look up the correct word in the dictionary! This (not looking it up) is what gave birth to what the ass-kissers now refer to as "political correctness" for which there is truly no such thing. It's just a lame excuse to truly avoid speaking ones' mind without offending others while butchering the English language!

Either way, I agree - they should allow us to give buildings to other players regardless of the place in the game (age) that they're in. I have a Shrine of knowledge, a Shrine of Awe, a Shrine of this, that, or the other thing that I don't want including a colour guard, a drummer school of which I am too high up for this to be of any advantage. I wish if we can't give them as gifts then allow us to trade them in for the supplies that it would have cost us to research, and build them, or for blueprints that we want since I keep getting multiples of ones I don't want, or need. I wish that we could either do that, or sell them off for the cost of gold, and supplies, and Forge Points that it would've cost to have these items although we won them. At least do SOMETHING with the things that we can't use, or don't want!

DeletedUser25952

First of all it's called "GIFT GIVING" - NOT "Gifting"! Jerry Seinfeld is an a asshole. and a moron! He's the one responsible for introducing this horrible misnomer. These days there are more, and more idiots coming up with the most idiotic terms, and euphemisms for things because they're too lazy to look up the correct word in the dictionary! This (not looking it up) is what gave birth to what the ass-kissers now refer to as "political correctness" for which there is truly no such thing. It's just a lame excuse to truly avoid speaking ones' mind without offending others while butchering the English language!
As to the rest of what you said; I do not know because it went on too long. But I love the English language and am saddened by the evolution of our education system; of our inability; our refusal to spend a few moments to speak proper Queen's English. We have been given a beautiful langauge. Let's learn it! Today's word: cogitate.