• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Christmas Quests

DeletedUser1961

Soooooo

I am not a combat person, so when the Christmas quest came up that wanted me to fight for a teritory, I skipped it.

I am now sitting on 23 of 24 christmas quests finished and nothing else is comming up.

Can someone tell me if i am buggered?

Is there no way possible for me to complete my 24 quests now? Did that 1 decision a week ago make it impossible for me to finish?

DeletedUser2711

Aye, ye be buggered.

The "!" somewhere on one of the Frosty things said that you can't skip any winter quests or you will miss out on the big prize. I'm sorry.

DeletedUser2145

There might still be hope if you've only skipped one quest. I finished all 24 and now I have Frosty sitting there telling me if I finish his "bonus" 25th quest, I'll get a portrait of him.

So IF that bonus quest counts toward the 24, I guess you could still make it. But there's no way to be sure about that, sorry.

DeletedUser2307

I agree with Darth Tigger. I skipped only the plundering quest, and after I completed 23 quests, Frosty said I need only one more to get the Confectionary, but it has been more than 24 hours since he said that, and he has not offered me a 24th quest, and no way to get the Confectionary, even though his message telling me that I have only one more to go is still appearing. It seems unfair.

DeletedUser2760

Yeah and now a week later I am just about to do a military Tech the other option
maybe they can give second chance to complete it is Christmas

Oh well Merry Christmas everyone

DeletedUser2711

attachment.php

DeletedUser1961

Not only is it fine print, its hidden fine print.
What a total let down!

DeletedUser2711

It's always nice to take the effort and get that reaction. It's not hidden.
The pop up box says...
Hint: If you skip a single winter quest you will not be able to get the final reward!

I have no idea what your screen resolution is but there's always a way to read something that's too small for you. For me, it was fine. And the original was bigger but that's how the forum re-sized the image. Not my fault.

DeletedUser

Do we know when the bonus quest will be released? Or is there a specific trigger? I've completed all 24 (I love the confectionery... except for the sound effect), but I'd like to get that 25th one off my board.

DeletedUser3174

It doesn't seem to me as if Darth Tigger is commenting on your effort, but the fact that the info concerning quest skipage is hidden & fine. To this I will agree as I never noticed the "!" hint at all until seeing your pic. And for the pic, thank you. Had you not posted it, I would never have noticed it in game & thus would likely get screwed again on a quest line.
Ah, the joy of Limbo :(

DeletedUser

I would think that seeing the xx/24 would give you a hint that there's 24 quests that need to be done. If you skip one, you'll never make it to 24/24?

Beyond that, it was said in the original forum announcement about this quest line that you have to do all of them:

http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?1735-He-s-Coming-to-Town!

(keep in mind, if you do skip a quest, your name will be placed on Frosty's naughty list and you will not receive the final prize)!

DeletedUser2145

Well, the hint about not skipping/aborting the quests was also included in the announcement for those quests. And announcements pop up during gameplay. I believe it was pointed out just fine, though I did let other guild members know because I thought maybe not every pays attention to small details.

Ah well, I hope the bonus quests helps you obtain it! Otherwise, lesson learned for further quests like these. :D

DeletedUser3174

Thanks Phantom. I play while working, so the little things do slide by. Simply didn't see it. So good on you for pointing it out.

TrunkMonkey...thanks for kicking a brother while he's down. Your retrospective would be of significant value if I had a flux capacitor. Seeing that I don't, it's devoid of all worth.

DeletedUser3052

I haven't gotten the 25th one as of yet. Any idea if they are going to release it since now it's the 25th day locally? 24/25 done thus far all the way to the Confectionary (still boxed up in my inventory)

DeletedUser3177

I didn't notice it either until I skipped a quest, up until then it had only given the last day to play the quest. :mad:now I'm going to miss out on the 'big kahuna'....Baaaaa Humbug!
frostyfrosty_zps0c9c8847.jpg

DeletedUser3052

You spend forge points either on research or trading. It worked for me.

I haven't skipped any quest thus far, and still waiting for #25 to rear its ugly head so I can get it over with (final quest line item is a portrait of frosty, but haven't seen the quest to make it happen).

DeletedUser1961

Cheesmaker is correct. Thank you for the info, I just wish that fine point had been more evident before I skipped the quest.

DeletedUser1862

You spend forge points either on research or trading. It worked for me.

I haven't skipped any quest thus far, and still waiting for #25 to rear its ugly head so I can get it over with (final quest line item is a portrait of frosty, but haven't seen the quest to make it happen).
I'm guessing the final quest for the Frosty portrait is going to be released either Xmas night or New Years night.
There's plenty of research military out there, it's just hard to get to sometimes. That's how I completed the quest finally.

DeletedUser2145

The newest announcement has a date for us, but sadly, the quest wants you to buy diamonds. So yeah, skipping that one.

- - - Updated - - -

The newest announcement has a date for us, but sadly, the quest wants you to buy diamonds. So yeah, skipping that one.

DeletedUser3052

Ah damn, if that is the case (being that we need to buy diamonds) then I am putting Frosty on my "Hit" list. I will just settle for the Santa, Samantha, Nutcracker (not used yet), and Confectionary (not used yet as well).