• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Introduce more Achievement popups to make the players happy

qaccy

If it's not possible to redesign the notifications to be less intrusive, even though they're fairly infrequent I'd be in favor of the option to disable them.

If a redesign is possible, why not have them appear in boxes similar to when you aid or get aided? While we're at it, I think rewards from incidents should display as if you're collecting from a building as well rather than popping up a notification you need to close. That one's kind of off-topic though.

DeletedUser33002

You know what's worse than an achievement popping up? An achievement that won't popup and freeze your game! Now it cuts down your access to the city for minutes -.-

DeletedUser31440

Go to Tavern, activate the 15-minute Extra Turn boost for GE, stupid "Up It Goes" achievement pops up for activating x number of boosts and all I can think is get of the bloody page achievement and let me use my limited boost time in GE.

DeletedUser

Go to Tavern, activate the 15-minute Extra Turn boost for GE, stupid "Up It Goes" achievement pops up for activating x number of boosts and all I can think is get of the bloody page achievement and let me use my limited boost time in GE.
^^^^^^
This. When this happens to me is when I actually do get mad at Inno for a bit.

DeletedUser33002

Nevermind, this has been a month and a half and it can't even be put into polling. I'm removing this suggestion. It won't net inno any direct income anyway. I'll try to suggest introduction of new avatars and new popups or other ways to annoy the players instead.

DeletedUser31440

Nevermind, this has been a month and a half and it can't even be put into polling. I'm removing this suggestion. It won't net inno any direct income anyway. I'll try to suggest introduction of new avatars and new popups or other ways to annoy the players instead.

That's what you suggested on this, am I missing something here?

DeletedUser31440

No it was edited. If memory serves I think it was to be able to disable achievement drop downs in settings.

Gotcha, she should've just used strike through and then made an edit so we can understand what she's talking about.

DeletedUser3882

I agree, *however* it cant be done in this fashion without turning the game into “Pop-up Popper” (I just made that up and if this gains traction, I’m copyrighting it *right now* and making an FoE clone, but with TONS of pop ups you have to close each login vs battling or collecting coins or supplies or, or, or...) I believe browsers all have pop up blockers for a reason!

I think pop ups are easier to deal with currently on mobile as you can screen press much anywhere to make them go away, but on browser, most require you to stop what you’re doing, scroll to the “okay” or “close” or “abort” or whatever button is displayed, click on that, wait for it to clear, then go about your business, whatever that may be... I can’t imagine having to stop my collections to close out multiple pop ups for any number of various units.

My general idea is that we need *drastically* less pop ups. They tend to get in the way, if not completely throw off your flow of collecting, aiding, completing whatever task it is that prompted that pop up to appear.

Popup popper is picking up steam! I’m looking at server options now :) Still need a name. “ Forge of Post It notes taped to your screen “ ?!?!?

DeletedUser33002

That's what you suggested on this, am I missing something here?
Yes, apparently inno has made a questionnaire for the players and decided that the players would like a popup that annoys them frequently to make this game more challenging. That's why they implemented this feature.

Now I'm trying to tell them, Yes,Exactly, that's what the players want! And we definitely want more popups! That's what will make us keep supporting this game!

DeletedUser31440

Yes, apparently inno has made a questionnaire for the players and decided that the players would like a popup that annoys them frequently to make this game more challenging. That's why they implemented this feature.

Now I'm trying to tell them, Yes,Exactly, that's what the players want! And we definitely want more popups! That's what will make us keep supporting this game!

Are you sure? It seems like you made a proposal, expected immediate changes and when they didn't happen decided to throw a small temper tantrum.

DeletedUser31882

Yes, I would like a popup per minute please.

You okay? I'd offer to brew you some coffee, but... the whole anonymous internet person thing gets in the way.

Either way, I recommend a more thorough description of what ails you. Hopefully that'll vent more of your frustration and give us something to chat about. I assume you are not a fan of the Show Hall feature?

DeletedUser33002

You okay? I'd offer to brew you some coffee, but... the whole anonymous internet person thing gets in the way.

Either way, I recommend a more thorough description of what ails you. Hopefully that'll vent more of your frustration and give us something to chat about. I assume you are not a fan of the Show Hall feature?
What feature is that?