• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Give me Advice on my City (Part II)

DeletedUser31540

Part I - https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/give-me-advice-on-my-city.20655/

what my city looked like then: (mid November 2017)
Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 2.04.42 PM.png

Notable things from Part I / Since Part I:
- I was stubborn and resistant to a lot of advice but ended up following what a lot of people said once i realized it was great advice all along lol
- I built Chateau --- its been amazing
- I deleted Babel --- i dont miss it at all so also a great decision

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31540

Here is a screenshot of my City now:Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 2.17.31 PM.png

GB levels
Arc - 89
Cape- 68
Traz- 23
CDM- 12
DT- 12
IT- 11
Obs - 10
CoA- 10
LoA- 10
Zeus - 10
ToR- 10
St Basil - 10
St Marks - 10
Hagia - 10
AO - 10
Kraken - 5
Atlantis Museum - 5

DeletedUser31540

I just maxed out on Medal Expansions so for the first time in my FoE career i will start feeling cramped for space quite soon (right now the only things j have in invetory that i wish were built are 1 sok and 1 ssw .... but even with the space issues ill run into soon i still want to continue camping in HMA until i power level the following buildings to at least lv 50

-Chateau
-Alcatraz
-St Basil
-AO
-CDM
-Kraken
-(and maybe IT and Hagia too)

Basically I was looking for advice as to which order i should power level my buildings .... my daily fp income is about 250 right now including hourly / tavern / plunder .... is that enough to power level AO and Kraken or should i work on some of the other fp producing buildings like CDM first?

Also i wanna get my Chat to level 54 so i can double the amount of RQs i do per day (currently i never do UBQ but i want to do it every time i cycle through it without losing coins and supplies) I am having a hard time figuring out when i should get my Chat to 54 though ... should i do it now? After AO? After CdM?

Also my c-map is in the 2nd half of the Industrial Age and i can still win some fights but i doubt i will be able to win many once i hit the Progressive Map --- I do plan on continuing progress on the Camp in order to get expansions (albeit at a very slow rate)

Please leave your 2 cents ... this forum's feedback / wisdom has done a lot to progress my game even if i didnt realize it at the time .... thanks ;)

DeletedUser31540

Why powerlevel St. Basil, only thing good about it is city defence stats, and I'm sure you collect on time - what's your reasoning?

My work schedule is erratic and i cant always collect on time

i attack and plunder my whole hood 5 or 6 times a week and i get attacked back a lot .... there is usually between 1 and 5 players who can break my defense any given hood rotation.... i would like that number to be 0 before i move on to LMA so i can continue my ruthless plundering ways when i get there without letting others be able to return the favor

for now i am content in my defense but i want it to be higher before i move to LMA so it might very well be the last GB i powerlevel while still in HmA

Thanks for the reply :)

DeletedUser29726

I just maxed out on Medal Expansions so for the first time in my FoE career i will start feeling cramped for space quite soon (right now the only things j have in invetory that i wish were built are 1 sok and 1 ssw .... but even with the space issues ill run into soon i still want to continue camping in HMA until i power level the following buildings to at least lv 50

-Chateau
-Alcatraz
-St Basil
-AO
-CDM
-Kraken
-(and maybe IT and Hagia too)

Basically I was looking for advice as to which order i should power level my buildings .... my daily fp income is about 250 right now including hourly / tavern / plunder .... is that enough to power level AO and Kraken or should i work on some of the other fp producing buildings like CDM first?

Also i wanna get my Chat to level 54 so i can double the amount of RQs i do per day (currently i never do UBQ but i want to do it every time i cycle through it without losing coins and supplies) I am having a hard time figuring out when i should get my Chat to 54 though ... should i do it now? After AO? After CdM?

Also my c-map is in the 2nd half of the Industrial Age and i can still win some fights but i doubt i will be able to win many once i hit the Progressive Map --- I do plan on continuing progress on the Camp in order to get expansions (albeit at a very slow rate)

Please leave your 2 cents ... this forum's feedback / wisdom has done a lot to progress my game even if i didnt realize it at the time .... thanks ;)

IF you're doing Inno, have the happiness to support a level 60 one, and don't need anything immediately, do it first. It's the cheapest on your list to level with arc assistance and will increase your FP throughput. It'll have made you profit in 6 months to a year.

If you're doing Hagia, it's next. It'll take about a year to make a profit.

CdM, AO, and Kraken are all in comparably miserable places to level where you should look at their FP output more as a mitigating factor to the cost of levelling them than a source of more FP - it'll take 1.5 years optimistically to pay off the cost entirely to take them through the sweet spot.

Chateau and Alcatraz aren't cheap to level but are powerful and unique effects. Depending how much you use those effects they could be anywhere from first to last.

St Basil costs as much as CdM but without the mitigating FP production. I'd recommend you leave it for last. Maybe you'll have changed your mind by then.

DeletedUser31540

Powerlevel Terracotta Army, so you get the attack and defense boosts for both the attack and defense armies.

Well i have 0/9 BPs, 1/2000 goods, and no space for the Terracotta army ... i plan on building it and powerleveling it eventually but not for another year probabaly

If it had came out earlier or if i started playing later it would have been part of my city's plan but the way the timing worked out ill just have to wait :/

Thanks for the reply tucker :)

DeletedUser31540

IF you're doing Inno, have the happiness to support a level 60 one, and don't need anything immediately, do it first. It's the cheapest on your list to level with arc assistance and will increase your FP throughput. It'll have made you profit in 6 months to a year.

CdM, AO, and Kraken are all in comparably miserable places to level where you should look at their FP output more as a mitigating factor to the cost of levelling them than a source of more FP - it'll take 1.5 years optimistically to pay off the cost entirely to take them through the sweet spot.

Chateau and Alcatraz aren't cheap to level but are powerful and unique effects. Depending how much you use those effects they could be anywhere from first to last.

St Basil costs as much as CdM but without the mitigating FP production. I'd recommend you leave it for last. Maybe you'll have changed your mind by then.

Thanks for the reply !!! Ive got about 13,000 extra happiness right now so i would have to level hagia / traz along with IT if i wanted to focus on that first

But Ive never understood the argument "costs too many fps / takes too long to make a profit" I dont invest in my buildings to make more fps... in fact i regularly lose thousands of inventory fps investing in my buildings... if i wanna make fps i go out for a 12 day sniping trip

I keep on writing sentences and deleting them lol ... i guess i need to organize my thoughts before i reply more lol

But Its interesting that you think that IT and hagia shoukd be my priority though ... i was thinking that they were at the bottom of my priority list ... ill mull it over

DeletedUser29726

Thanks for the reply !!! Ive got about 13,000 extra happiness right now so i would have to level hagia / traz along with IT if i wanted to focus on that first

But Ive never understood the argument "costs too many fps / takes too long to make a profit" I dont invest in my buildings to make more fps... in fact i regularly lose thousands of inventory fps investing in my buildings... if i wanna make fps i go out for a 12 day sniping trip

I keep on writing sentences and deleting them lol ... i guess i need to organize my thoughts before i reply more lol

But Its interesting that you think that IT and hagia shoukd be my priority though ... i was thinking that they were at the bottom of my priority list ... ill mull it over

Well that's part of the conundrum of course. It does take thousands of FP to raise a building - but in the case of the salivating over FP GBs at least part of the 'reasoning' behind it is that it'll payoff the FP in the long run and ultimately be a profit. In a post-arc world this is even a reasonable reality. If you're going to level these buildings it does make sense to do them earlier instead of later to start the clock on paying back your investment. i.e. if you do inno tower now and level it so efficiently that it'll pay back in 6 months, then 6 months from now you basically have a 'free' level 60 inno tower and any other great buildings you would've done 'first' are now also as done as they would've been anyways by this point.

But this being a game and just earning more FP not being very much fun in and of itself, you do have to balance things off with 'why you were trying to make all this FP in the first place' which is why CdM wound up being my first building after i finished my arc as it was a blend of 'things i actually want (attack/defense bonus)' and building up my FP throughput so that i could keep levelling others. It doesn't mean it was optimum to do so though :)

RazorbackPirate

With Hagia being hundreds, then quickly thousand of FPs per level less to level than Inno, and giving add'l FPs at the exact same rate as Inno, I don't understand leveling Inno first, especially with its effect on happy. Or it's payback being faster. Can you elaborate on this more?
I wanna get my Chat to level 54 so i can double the amount of RQs i do per day (currently i never do UBQ but i want to do it every time i cycle through it without losing coins and supplies) I am having a hard time figuring out when i should get my Chat to 54 though ... should i do it now? After AO? After CdM?
I don't understand why you're not doing UBQs now.

How many coins and supplies to you have? What's your daily production of each? If you're camping, where are you currently spending your coins and supplies? What are you saving them for? Why the concern for losing coins and supplies?
I still want to continue camping in HMA until i power level the following buildings to at least lv 50
-Alcatraz
Unless you're in a heavy GvG guild and donate lots of units to support that effort, or you level it in response to raising Inno, I wonder if Traz at 50 is needed. In the 50s you get about 50 units per day. Once you're producing 2 or 3 more units per day than Auto-Battle loses, you've got more than you'll ever need, why go higher?

DeletedUser29726

With Hagia being hundreds, then quickly thousand of FPs per level less to level than Inno, and giving add'l FPs at the exact same rate as Inno, I don't understand leveling Inno first, especially with its effect on happy. Or it's payback being faster. Can you elaborate on this more?

Buildings from PME to FE have a higher percentage of their levelling cost returned as rewards than the ages before or after them - this happened because in PME and CE the reward for each level went up but the cost of the level did not. The cost resumed rising in TE and FE but rewards per cost still stayed abnormally high. In AF they did a reset of sorts and made the cost the same as if PME and CE's stall hadn't happened. Consequently CE buildings in their 'sweet spot' region are amongst the cheapest to level high when spots are taken by friendlies at 1.8-1.9x reward.

The following ignores double collects
BA building 10 to 55 will cost ~10500 at 80% or ~8800 at 90%
EMA building 10 to 55 will cost ~12300 at 80% or ~10200 at 90%
LMA building 10 to 55 will cost ~14900 at 80% or ~12500 at 90%
PE building 10 to 55 will cost ~17100 at 80% or ~14200 at 90%
PME building 10 to 55 will cost ~15500 at 80% or ~12300 at 90%
CE building 10 to 55 will cost ~12600 at 80% or ~9300 at 90%
FE building 10 to 55 will cost ~14400 at 80% or ~10700 at 90%
AF building 10 to 55 will cost ~23200 at 80% or ~19400 at 90%
OF building 10 to 55 will cost ~24500 at 80% or ~20500 at 90%
VF building 10 to 55 will cost ~21700 at 80% or ~17500 at 90%

So... Hagia and Inno are about the same at 80% but inno will be cheaper if you can get 90%. There's certainly a case for doing them at the same time if it's not slowing either down. And it's not so much worse to do hagia first if you're going to need the happiness more than the population.

edit: OF and VF stats added. It appears VF did a cost freeze again and thus is cheaper than AF but still not in the ballpark of cheap buildings to level.

DeletedUser31540

[QUOTE="RazorbackPirate, post: 210740, member: 35364"
I don't understand why you're not doing UBQs now.

How many coins and supplies to you have? What's your daily production of each? If you're camping, where are you currently spending your coins and supplies? What are you saving them for? Why the concern for losing coins and supplies [/QUOTE]

Currently i have 50 million coins and 25 million supplies and fps cost almost 80k coins.

I used to always be always broke cause i did ubq every cycle ... then i switched it up and always ignored UBQ in order to start saving about 2 months ago.

Im sure i could blow it all in a couple weeks if i started doing it every cycle again lol ... maybe a good idea ... i had a vague plan if starting it up again once i beging bringing my chat to 54 but that time may be far enough away that i should burn my spare sooner

And yes i agree about traz

DeletedUser31540

Buildings from PME to FE have a higher percentage of their levelling cost returned as rewards than the ages before or after them - this happened because in PME and CE the reward for each level went up but the cost of the level did not. The cost resumed rising in TE and FE but rewards per cost still stayed abnormally high. In AF they did a reset of sorts and made the cost the same as if PME and CE's stall hadn't happened. Consequently CE buildings in their 'sweet spot' region are amongst the cheapest to level high when spots are taken by friendlies at 1.8-1.9x reward.

The following ignores double collects
BA building 10 to 55 will cost ~10500 at 80% or ~8800 at 90%
EMA building 10 to 55 will cost ~12300 at 80% or ~10200 at 90%
LMA building 10 to 55 will cost ~14900 at 80% or ~12500 at 90%
PE building 10 to 55 will cost ~17100 at 80% or ~14200 at 90%
PME building 10 to 55 will cost ~15500 at 80% or ~12300 at 90%
CE building 10 to 55 will cost ~12600 at 80% or ~9300 at 90%
FE building 10 to 55 will cost ~14400 at 80% or ~10700 at 90%
AF building 10 to 55 will cost ~23200 at 80% or ~19400 at 90%
OF building 10 to 55 will cost ~24500 at 80% or ~20500 at 90%
VF building 10 to 55 will cost ~21700 at 80% or ~17500 at 90%

So... Hagia and Inno are about the same at 80% but inno will be cheaper if you can get 90%. There's certainly a case for doing them at the same time if it's not slowing either down. And it's not so much worse to do hagia first if you're going to need the happiness more than the population.

edit: OF and VF stats added. It appears VF did a cost freeze again and thus is cheaper than AF but still not in the ballpark of cheap buildings to level.

This is great info thanks !!!!

Yet again its the forum to the rescue lol ... i think u guys might have swayed me to powerlevel hagia and then IT --- that was the opposite of my original plan

Edit --- i was poring over the numbers some more and even though AO is twice as expensive im getting double the fps when compared to inno or hagia so isnt it a wash? Provided i could powerlevel them in the same time frame? --- well i guess i would have 10,000 less fps in inventory at the end ---- but i would get my return just as quickly

RazorbackPirate

Currently i have 50 million coins and 25 million supplies and fps cost almost 80k coins.

I used to always be always broke cause i did ubq every cycle ... then i switched it up and always ignored UBQ in order to start saving about 2 months ago.

Im sure i could blow it all in a couple weeks if i started doing it every cycle again lol ... maybe a good idea ... i had a vague plan if starting it up again once i begin bringing my chat to 54 but that time may be far enough away that i should burn my spare sooner
In my HMA city, I do UBQ every time it shows up as I'm Abort cycling around. Between GB leveling and Tavern Boosts, I try to balance coin and supply production as much as I can. I'm coin heavy like most, so I'm continuing to level LoA and using supply boosts from the tavern. This gives me about 75-80 completed RQs every day.

Since I'm camping to build and level GBs, I keep my coins and supplies at about 1M. This gives me the cushion I need to do any pay coins or supplies from various quests, and build anything new as I get expansions. I can also spam a few extra UBQs aver couple of days.

When I'm finally ready to age up, I'll cut back on UBQs to build up what I'll need to unlock the critical tech in LMA and rebuild with LMA buildings.

My advice would be to set a floor on supplies you're comfortable with and do UBQs. I only buy FPs to satisfy a quest, my next FP will cost 4,500 coins.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29726

This is great info thanks !!!!

Yet again its the forum to the rescue lol ... i think u guys might have swayed me to powerlevel hagia and then IT --- that was the opposite of my original plan

Edit --- i was poring over the numbers some more and even though AO is twice as expensive im getting double the fps when compared to inno or hagia so isnt it a wash? Provided i could powerlevel them in the same time frame? --- well i guess i would have 10,000 less fps in inventory at the end ---- but i would get my return just as quickly

5/3 the FP earned, about 1.9 times the FP spent. It'll be somewhere around 13% longer for AO to pay off than hagia or inno - but if you like the effect better feel free :)