• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] HELP!(i started a guild)and need advice abp\out recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victoria and Albert

Hi, i started a guild today, took a AA gvg sector, and am already lvl 1 . There are 3 other people in the guild, and one of those 3 is just visiting my guild. they are all in ia and under a mil points. i have 1.8 million points. my question is how do i get some higher aged players in My guild?
I started a Guild Founders thread. Search for that. We've talked about a lot of really helpful topics and I have learned a lot. I think you should be patient with recruiting. There are too many variables to recruiting. I have a recruiter who sends out 10 invites a week, to especially lower age members. When they apply, I send guild requirements to them, and they have to respond and agree before I let them in. I have 20 solid long term members and 10 that roll in and out.

lemonwedgie

@DreadfulCadillac you are a trip and I kinda like your enthusiasm. Whilst you have gone about this upside down - you should really research and learn how to be a great guild founder before recruiting ;-) - I am rooting for you! #1 advice I always give: A founder is there to serve their guild members, not the other way around. Lead because you want to maximise your members gaming experience, not because you want the shiney leadership badge. With regards to recruiting ... reach out to people on your server, make yourself known in global and utilise this forum - there is a board for each server, start a recruitment thread. Good luck!

DreadfulCadillac

@DreadfulCadillac you are a trip and I kinda like your enthusiasm. Whilst you have gone about this upside down - you should really research and learn how to be a great guild founder before recruiting ;-) - I am rooting for you! #1 advice I always give: A founder is there to serve their guild members, not the other way around. Lead because you want to maximise your members gaming experience, not because you want the shiney leadership badge. With regards to recruiting ... reach out to people on your server, make yourself known in global and utilise this forum - there is a board for each server, start a recruitment thread. Good luck!
ok thanks!

Hi, i started a guild today, took a AA gvg sector, and am already lvl 1 . There are 3 other people in the guild, and one of those 3 is just visiting my guild. they are all in ia and under a mil points. i have 1.8 million points. my question is how do i get some higher aged players in My guild?

GOTO the main forum page, scroll down to the WORLDS section, select your world, and pick the Guild Hall (after reading the note about what it contains "...Join a Guild, Recruit for your Guild,"
no idea how good the results will be.
also, the Chat section has neighborhood and global options. u could advertise there.
all of these need "traffic" to work.
u could walk thru your neighborhood, see who is not in a guild, and private message them
have your guildies do the same.
u can go into Global, Gobal Ranking, Players tab, goto the spot where the players ranking points are close to yours, or are attractive, and private message them

DreadfulCadillac

GOTO the main forum page, scroll down to the WORLDS section, select your world, and pick the Guild Hall (after reading the note about what it contains "...Join a Guild, Recruit for your Guild,"
no idea how good the results will be.
also, the Chat section has neighborhood and global options. u could advertise there.
all of these need "traffic" to work.
u could walk thru your neighborhood, see who is not in a guild, and private message them
have your guildies do the same.
u can go into Global, Gobal Ranking, Players tab, goto the spot where the players ranking points are close to yours, or are attractive, and private message them
This thread is from april..
it not archeolegy event no need to necro,
thanks for the info, but already knew all that
Also, i killed that guild

DeletedUser29318

There's no set formula to recruiting.....Be personable is a key Quality. Make your guild sound interesting. ( a common goal also helps). Set your standards a little low in the beginning and make your rules as your Guild grows. As players join determine who can help you as leaders. Take command but with understanding and tolerance. Finally have patience this game is a Marathon not a sprint.

DeletedUser29318

There's an old saying " There are Leaders and there's those who want to be Leaders." I once told a Sargent one day that "men will do just enough to get by because of the Stripes on your arm ....it's when they respect the man behind the stripes is when they'll march into Hell with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.